A nerd from way back, new to this site and these forums

Hi, all

I'm Reynir, from Reykjavik, Iceland. I've been reading the articles and I'm getting really excited to join the rebellion.

I'm a bit overweight, maybe forty pounds or so and my goal is to shed those 40 pounds or more, no more than 60 though.

But like I said, 40 is the goal.

I've been dying to try going Paleo for a while now, and I finally took the plunge, so to say,

on the 12th of March(2 days ago, ha ha). I'm feeling better already, I feel more energetic and not as sluggish as I did

before. My toughest challenge is definitely giving up bread, you could say it's been a staple of my diet for years now, but

I haven't tasted a slice for a couple of days now, and it feels great and the best part is being able to eat a lot of fruits

instead.

I'm having some trouble getting motivated to exercise, I walk at least 30-40 minutes daily, but I want to start doing some

body weight training as well. I have a bad back, and I'm afraid it will get worse before it gets better when I start exercising.

Well, enough about me,

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and I have high hopes for the future.

Bless (Icelandic for goodbye), Reynir

Welcome, Reynir! Nice to have you here! The bread really is a hard part to give up (especially for Northern Europeans I would think.... I ate a LOT of bread when I was in Norway for a semester), but I'm sure if you stick with it a while you'll feel even better! I've also been finding recently when I DO have grains, my stomach doesn't like it much, so it makes it easier to avoid it.

Walking is a great start to getting moving and body weight training shouldn't be as straining on your back as lifting weights would be. And if something bothers your back, don't do it. Or find a modification that will work the same muscles without the strain. There are plenty of people around here that could probably give you advice on good alternative moves. And hopefully as you go on, the exercise will help strengthen your back :)

Also, until you put up a profile picture, I am going to be forced to envision you as one of those Viking types. Hope you don't mind.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Also, until you put up a profile picture, I am going to be forced to envision you as one of those Viking types. Hope you don't mind.

Ha ha ha, that got me laughing. Maybe I shouldn't put up a picture. Having people believe you're a Viking must demand respect.

But anyway, thanks for your answer and I did try out some squats and a little one-hand rowing with some weights last night.