Ye Portable Ranger Guilde Tent: General Chatter

Auuahjgd eye bleach, quickly!!

YhlyXke.jpg

6STZPum.gif

Aahhh that's better~ :3

• Like 16

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

On 12/13/2016 at 11:25 AM, Charlie_Quinn said:

christmas no upset elf buddy

I'm really not feeling very Christmas-y this year and once again I've completely forgotten that I need to buy people stuff.  

For something like the third year running I've told people gifts are not going to be a thing... I felt awful the past two years when people gave me gifts despite me saying not to do that because I've been too broke to return the favour, so this year I've said to the stubborn few that if they insist on the gift giving thing I'll do some kind of Christmas favour in return.

...might come to regret that, but 'tis the season and all!

On 12/13/2016 at 7:33 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

You obviously don't have kids yet, because this is about the only time when they flawlessly start reading and understanding how a calendar works, (ok, the month of their birthday too) and remind you everyday that it is one sleepy less to Christmas. Well mine do. :P

I don't, and I don't intend to either, truth be told. But I have heard the same thing from a lot of parents, that, and that they only really do the Christmas thing nowadays for their kids/grandkids/etc. 

• Like 3

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

9 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

For something like the third year running I've told people gifts are not going to be a thing... I felt awful the past two years when people gave me gifts despite me saying not to do that because I've been too broke to return the favour, so this year I've said to the stubborn few that if they insist on the gift giving thing I'll do some kind of Christmas favour in return.

...might come to regret that, but 'tis the season and all!

I don't, and I don't intend to either, truth be told. But I have heard the same thing from a lot of parents, that, and that they only really do the Christmas thing nowadays for their kids/grandkids/etc. 

Honey you don't have to feel bad if you can't give a gift in return, although the favour idea is really great. If someone wants to give you a gift, because it is something they want to do, because you are special to them, it doesn't mean they want something in return. But I totally understand your point of view, because I am the same.

Well last year was the first year we bought something for ourselves, otherwise it does focus more on the kids, but long before that, it was just us (hubby and I) putting up ornaments, some baking, the season and all, and no gifts, later something very small for the kids when they were little and expected something (also finances and I don't buy gifts on credit). It catches a bit of magic, that special feeling, and to us also the Christ-message, but more over to me, it spells out family time, and this year I'm going to fully relish in being with my family (hubby and the kids).

But if people give you something because they want to, it says you are special to them. And you are special.

• Like 5

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

i can't get enough eye bleach... i mean... kittehs...

cutest-cat-gifs-tiny-kittens.gif

hUcRJ9W.gif

THIS one won't post, but I generally have it open in an extra tab at work to look at when I'm about to lose my shit...

• Like 3

WEEK 1 - H2O X X X | FOOD X X X X | ZUMBA X | 
WEEK 2 - H2O
X ✓ ✓ XX️ X️  | FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️   | ZUMBA  | 
WEEK 3 - H2O 
X️ X️ ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️X️️| FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ X️️  X️ ️️| ZUMBA ️️ | 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
◽◽◽◽◽ | FOOD ◽◽◽◽◽️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

Challenges: 1 | 23 | 45 | 6 | 7 | 8Current
Find me on: MyFitnessPal & Fitbit  [[My Character]]   

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

RANGERS!

You might have missed it, but spezzy put up a survey you should all fill in. As you may or may not know, challenges were cut from 6 to 4 weeks long at the start of 2016 as an experiment to deal with a high rate of people dropping out and a potential solution to the mid-challenge doldrums. After a year of hands-on experience, it is now the time for the community to speak up. Has it worked for you? Do you want to go back to 6 week challenges? Maybe make them longer than 6 weeks? Anything else you'd like to see from the powers that be? Take a moment to fill out the survey and let you voice be heard.

For the Rebellion!

• Like 7

Thanks D_R. I voted for a return to six weeks. When a new challenge hits it's hard getting caught up with following all the new threads. Also, and probably more important, having to come up with a new thread more often can get draining after a while. While the 6 week format is prone to mid challenge doldrums, the 4 week format is prone to new challenge fatigue. Also, I feel 6 weeks gives more time to make adjustments and respawn, and as D_R has pointed out before, lends itself to a more epic feel and a greater sense of accomplishment.

• Like 7

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 12/13/2016 at 6:47 PM, TheBlackSwordsman said:

My internet is being super slow right now so just search up the soundtrack to Assassins Creed 4. That'll get your feet wet

Assassin's Creed 4 is best Assassin's Creed... 

I also have some of that music in my playlist. ;)

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 261 lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Returns (Zelda Memes Wanted)

Previous Challenges: 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Good Reads

On 12/15/2016 at 1:30 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Honey you don't have to feel bad if you can't give a gift in return, although the favour idea is really great. If someone wants to give you a gift, because it is something they want to do, because you are special to them, it doesn't mean they want something in return. But I totally understand your point of view, because I am the same.

Well last year was the first year we bought something for ourselves, otherwise it does focus more on the kids, but long before that, it was just us (hubby and I) putting up ornaments, some baking, the season and all, and no gifts, later something very small for the kids when they were little and expected something (also finances and I don't buy gifts on credit). It catches a bit of magic, that special feeling, and to us also the Christ-message, but more over to me, it spells out family time, and this year I'm going to fully relish in being with my family (hubby and the kids).

But if people give you something because they want to, it says you are special to them. And you are special.

What she said ^^^^^^^^

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

Good Reads

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Thanks D_R. I voted for a return to six weeks. When a new challenge hits it's hard getting caught up with following all the new threads. Also, and probably more important, having to come up with a new thread more often can get draining after a while. While the 6 week format is prone to mid challenge doldrums, the 4 week format is prone to new challenge fatigue. Also, I feel 6 weeks gives more time to make adjustments and respawn, and as D_R has pointed out before, lends itself to a more epic feel and a greater sense of accomplishment.

I agree with Tanktimus. I didn't get to NF until the end of 2016, but I don't feel like 4 weeks is enough time. I"m going to vote for 6 weeks. 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

2 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Stopping by for a quick hello.  Big changes in my life, so sorry I have been absent from supporting every one but I know you have been amazing.  I am going to put up a thread later just to join mid challenge and catch up with everyone.

Glad to see you back!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Stopping by for a quick hello.  Big changes in my life, so sorry I have been absent from supporting every one but I know you have been amazing.  I am going to put up a thread later just to join mid challenge and catch up with everyone.

Welcome back T2SC! I'll be looking out for the new thread :)

• Like 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 7  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 2  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Honour amongst thieves

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

RANGERS!

You might have missed it, but spezzy put up a survey you should all fill in. As you may or may not know, challenges were cut from 6 to 4 weeks long at the start of 2016 as an experiment to deal with a high rate of people dropping out and a potential solution to the mid-challenge doldrums. After a year of hands-on experience, it is now the time for the community to speak up. Has it worked for you? Do you want to go back to 6 week challenges? Maybe make them longer than 6 weeks? Anything else you'd like to see from the powers that be? Take a moment to fill out the survey and let you voice be heard.

For the Rebellion!

Thanks for the heads up!  I concur 100% with the wise @Tanktimus the Encourager  I hope we get to see 6 weeks again. I may even get myself together enough to post a challenge!!

• Like 2

Rangering since Sept 2015

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

100% this. 4 weeks feels like following the latest craze instead of actually sticking with a plan towards a goal

16 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Been thinking of you the past few days, good to have you back. Hope the life changes were for the best

• Like 1

OK, so the guy who runs the fitness classes (bootcamp and Muay Thai) that I normally attend each week organised a Xmas get together for everyone tonight. It was to be nothing fancy, just a typical British pub crawl. But I was actually looking forward to it as I don't get to out much with people who aren't my boyfriends or their families. However, the guy cancelled it because not enough people said they were going. (This is the second date that he set and cancelled for this) He's now said that instead of an Xmas get together, he wants to throw a birthday party for his girlfriend after the new year and everyone who attends his classes are invited. Major let down.

So I've decided that next year I'm going to try to put together my own Xmas get together, since it would seem that I can't trust others to not cancel on me last minute. So everyone here can expect to be invited sometime in December 2017. ;)

• Like 6

Current Challenge

2016 Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Previous challenges:  New Year Challenge , Muir Does Stuff, :apple:    

10 hours ago, Muir said:

I don't get to out much with people who aren't my boyfriends or their families.

The plural makes me think you have a harem. I like it ;)

• Like 2

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)