Volki Answers The Call Of Cthulhu

Volki

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

CTHULHU!!!

4844517-4138445607-cthul.jpg

This challenge I am going to work on my inner Cthulhu and destroy everything!!!

Goal 1: Strength

Cthulhu is obviously a giant destructive force that leaves others quivering in its wake.

So I am going to continue my Juggernaut training. I will most likely scale this to at least 2 times a week due to the holiday craziness

and a need for a stronger focus on other areas.

Juggernaut 2X a week min

nolivesmatter.jpg

Goal 2: Malleable Anatomy

Cthulhu is a shape shifting giant mountain full of slimy goodness and tentacles.

I am going to pick up some more yoga this time. I have a few yoga videos in mind and my goal is 

Yoga 30 mins 3x a week

The-most-popular-font-b-movies-b-font-di

Goal 3: Madness Manipulation

Cthulhu is sleeping in his sunken city but he is also manipulating the dreams of others and it is said that 

the ones unlucky enough to see him will plunge into madness.

I am going to focus on channeling a little of my own madness and practice drawing more this month.

My goal is to practice at least 30 mins 3x a week. Bonus points for Cthulhu fan art :excitement:

tee.jpg

Goal 4: Mental Manipulation

Cthulhu can also read and manipulate the mental functions of others. So I am going to share in this

like minded state with joining the Discworld reading book club here on NF.

This month we are reading Guards! Guards! It will be our first one so feel free to jump in here:

tumblr_negukoGF0W1tpri36o1_500.jpg

• Like 9

Good job meshing all this together... shapeshifting yoga was a nice touch.

• Like 1

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

Love it. I'm in :)

Wolf

"Maximum Effort!"

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Following!

Image result for happy cthulhu

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 hours ago, Blocky said:

Good job meshing all this together... shapeshifting yoga was a nice touch.

Thank you :) I finished reading The call of Cthulhu last night. I am planning on reading Lovecraft's other short stories too this week.

6 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Love it. I'm in :)

Wolf

"Maximum Effort!"

Awesome thanks 

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Image result for happy cthulhu

Lol sweet, I love all the Cthulhu memes out there

sir-ecuse-mesir-do-you-haveamomentito-ta

• Like 5

More yoga during the holidays! SMARRRRRTTTTT Yay!!!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RedStone said:

More yoga during the holidays! SMARRRRRTTTTT Yay!!!

I did a test run of one of the videos last night and holy crap I haven't been this inflexible in a long time!

Plus its easier to stick with my goals when most of them can be done at home because December is a lazy month haha 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Following, obviously. 

I'm not familiar with Cthulhu, but I'm doing a Matrix challenge, so this seemed appropriate:

Related image

Challenge looks good - way to think ahead!! Smart. 

Awesome! I love the matrix, I would say the second one is my favorite. But Cthulhu is a monster created by HP Lovecraft in the 1920s. It is a short read and the audiobook is on youtube and can be finished in 90 mins. He is an eternal alien whos job it is to wake "the old ones". The old ones are aliens who have ruled the universe since the beginning of time. I just started reading his short stories and so far I am liking it :)

Thanks for following again!

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Sorry for that but that's what comes in my mind when I read the word tentacle...

Reveal hidden contents

20130819-polipo1-edit.jpg

Following for Lovecraft!

No worries :D that actually looks pretty good!

Thanks. I just started listening to the Dunwich Horror last night and so far I am liking it :D

octopus struggles

• Like 4

I'm actually not all that familiar with Cthulhu either but I'm glad you linked the stories :) I'll have to check these out since they are shorter listen through's/reads. Thought this pic was awesome:

HP-Lovecraft.jpg

I would totally get that as a tattoo...

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Me thinks I'll have to download some audio books for my daily commute in December. I love sci-fi and have been meaning to read Lovecraft forever. My SO is really into his stories, I'm just behind the times. 

Whats the best way/app to download audio books on an iPhone? 

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

31 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

I'm actually not all that familiar with Cthulhu either but I'm glad you linked the stories :) I'll have to check these out since they are shorter listen through's/reads. Thought this pic was awesome:

HP-Lovecraft.jpg

I would totally get that as a tattoo...

Wolf

Hell yeah man that one is cool.

9 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Me thinks I'll have to download some audio books for my daily commute in December. I love sci-fi and have been meaning to read Lovecraft forever. My SO is really into his stories, I'm just behind the times. 

Whats the best way/app to download audio books on an iPhone? 

Yeah I just started looking into his work this week so I am behind too (almost 100 yrs behind)

I would say the legal route: Audible 

The free route: youtube has a bunch of audiobooks 

The pirate way: download the mp3 files using torrents and then put mp3s on iphone with computer

Oh how I love Cthulu.  I'm along for the descent into madness.

If you're into Lovecraft and guns AND urban fantasy, check out Monster Hunter International by Larry Correia.  Good mindless kiling with Great Old Ones in the background of every plot.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

1 minute ago, Broba Fett said:

Oh how I love Cthulu.  I'm along for the descent into madness.

If you're into Lovecraft and guns AND urban fantasy, check out Monster Hunter International by Larry Correia.  Good mindless kiling with Great Old Ones in the background of every plot.

All of these words, all of them sound sexy. Thanks I will definitely check it out.

• Like 2

PR TESTING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todays workout

BP
(20.4)45x10
(61.2)135x5
(84)185x1
(97.5)215x1
(102.1)225x1***

DL
(61.2)135x10
(102.1)225x5
(142.9)315x1
(165.6)365x1***

Pullups
5x3

So my PR for bench went from (90.7)200 to (102.1)225 and my DL went from (156.5)345 to (165.6)365 since last Zero week!!! I am pretty happy with those numbers and a 20# jump on both is pretty awesome.

• Like 7