Deffy Breaks the Curse of December (Def #26)

deftona

Last challenge was a bit of a shit show as I spiralled into apathy and The SadzTM but I found that relaxing my goals (and not posting here) was actually making me worse and I ended up staying down longer than I needed to, or ever should have. But as a very unwise man once said: 

quote-that-was-in-the-past-we-re-in-the-

(Never change, David. Never change<3 ) 

I haven't made a lot of progress on my weight loss goals this year and it does feel like a bit of a waste of the year in this respect. I achieved quite a bit in my personal life though so I will not write 2016 off completely but I want to finish the year stronger than I have been living the year so far. This challenge is about having a final burst of glory like a star that is supernova-ing, tying up loose ends and trying to get excited for my goals in 2017 and all the success I am going to have burning some fat and getting hot. 

Goal One - Lose 5 lbs this challenge

I want to insure against Christmas weight gain in the hope of, at worst, being the same weight on January 1st as I am right now so I want to get a little cushion to begin my 2017 pushin'. And I am going to tackle this one with maths! To lose 5 lbs in 23 days, I need to have a total deficit of 17500 calories which works out at 673 calories per day. I have a spreadsheet where I input yesterday's calorie burn (from Fitbit data) and I knock 673 calories off to work out that day's calorie allowance. This takes the guesswork out of it and helps me trial to see if this method is actually going to work since this is my projected plan for next year. 

Goal Two - Workout 3 times per week, every week

This can be anything. Preferably an elliptical session, a P:BA session (Project: Best Ass - If you're new to following me, I am trying in vain to get a sexy butt) a heavy lifting session, swim session or a Darebee session but if I am injured or sick then yoga or a big stretching session will suffice. There is no minimum time I want to spend doing this, I am just making sure the habit is there. 

Goal Three - Tie up loose 2016 threads

I have a list of things that must be completed by the end of the year and I will work to knock those out one by one. These are:

* Submit my tax return for the 2015/2016 financial year (Yes, this has been my goal since April and no, I haven't done it yet)

* Finish Baby von Fartypants' Christmas present

* Finish X present

* Finish W present

* Finish all current books: 

- A History of the World

- Inside the Whale

* Have all my own possessions in my own house

* To have finished Darebee Foundation Light

* Finish portfolio for work

* Move all recipes from my broken recipe file to my new recipe box Completed! 26/11/2016

Goal Four - Finish and publish 2017 Road Map in a new Battle Log

Exactly what it says on the tin. 

Goal Five - UPDATE THIS BLASTED THREAD

Daily and weekly updates. Twice daily if I'm feeling fruity. 

New challenge, let's gooooooooooooooo! 

• Like 17

It's the hyperman set

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

51 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Good goals! I hope you have a happy and productive end of the year!

50 minutes ago, Ensi said:

As always, following the best booty in the land! <3

Thank you and welcome to you both! :D 

It's the hyperman set

cute-animals-happy-baby-turtle-tortoise-

Hiiii! Following again :)

• Like 3

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 4  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 1  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Little and Often

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

760007df5bee67573ab528698db5766e.jpg

Following!

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

18 hours ago, deftona said:

A Picture of a Happy Turtle

enhanced-buzz-26063-1287295102-7.jpg

YEAH!!! :frog: 

• Like 2
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

20 hours ago, Muir said:

Following for the Turtle of Happiness!

Turtle_happiness_Img01.jpg

Hello and welcome! 

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Can I play the happy turtle game?

Image result for happy ninja turtle

Following along again.

Welcome Mr Tank, lovely to see you here again.

16 hours ago, Terah said:

turtle-png-26.png

Hi

Well hello! 

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

cute-animals-happy-baby-turtle-tortoise-

Hiiii! Following again :)

Check out those abs! Great to have you again, Jarric :D 

5 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

760007df5bee67573ab528698db5766e.jpg

Following!

haha, welcome! 

It's the hyperman set

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It's been a while since we've had a booty assessment. I trust there'll be one to wrap up the year.

It really has hasn't it? I can't remember when I stopped trying to work on my butt and I definitely can't remember why but I think I had a sharp decrease in motivation because of this and that ain't good. There will be a final assessment, yes (thanks for reminding me!) and next year my booty is gonna be one of my primary main objectives.

4 hours ago, LittleTurtle said:

YEAH!!! :frog: 

Haha, I can see how you ended up here, Little Turtle! :D 

• Like 2

It's the hyperman set

Starting Place

Well I am 2 lbs up on whenever I last weighed in which I actually can't remember when it was but it appears eating Christmas market food like hot pork sandwiches, cheesewursts, cake and churros might lead to weight gain but I am not going to keep testing this hypothesis (she says, I am definitely going to more Christmas markets and they don't serve fruit salad). I have my Fitbit data from yesterday so I have a calorie target for today and it's completely do-able so I am going to start with dinner and then fill in the rest of my calories from there. I also want to increase my water intake so I am going to try and have a mug of some sort of tea with every meal - green tea with breakfast and lunch and something herbal like rooibos, licorice or peppermint with dinner so that will be an easy 3/4 litre or whatever it is cups weigh or whatever. 

Today I plan to work on my portfolio which I should actually have done a long time ago I am just lucky I haven't had my appraisal yet, and then try and get through the mountain of hanging laundry I currently have in my gym so I can actually get to my exercise equipment. I also need to work on that stuffed elephant because I started a month ago and all I have done is cast on. I don't want to leave myself in the position I did last year when I was sewing up a froggy onesie until 4 am on christmas eve-eve. It is Christmaspalooza on Thursday where I cook TH (my boyfriend, The Heron, he is a human not a bird and he chose that name for himself. Yes, I know. Sexy right?) a three course meal and then we watch a Christmas movie and put the tree up. I need to plan what I am cooking so I can actually buy it. 

To Do:

* Track calories ahead of time leaving space for an optional something something after dinner

* Drink 3 cups of tea

* Finish portfolio

* Sort laundry

* Knit 20 rows of the Heffalump of Chrismas

* Work out

* Plan Chrismaspalooza menu

• Like 8

It's the hyperman set

2 minutes ago, skinNbones said:

Hey Def , following along.

If you always aim for 673 calories less than yesterday, doe s that mean you'll eventually end up with a target of zero ?

Haha, no - although for some reason I got the image of Patsy from Ab Fab in her heroin chic phase when you wrote that. 

It's 673 calories less than I burnt yesterday, from my fitbit data. So if I work out today, I get to eat more food tomorrow! 

• Like 3

It's the hyperman set

Wheee! Joining on the happy-turtle-follow train~

374ce392a725ce8ba86b058b37cd6f28.jpg

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, deftona said:

it appears eating Christmas market food like hot pork sandwiches, cheesewursts, cake and churros might lead to weight gain but I am not going to keep testing this hypothesis (she says, I am definitely going to more Christmas markets and they don't serve fruit salad).

I feel your pain. I have this same exact problem. I always feel like I have to eat all of the things at the Xmas market. Especially since all of the stall holders are really nice and they all remember me from one year to the next. Considering they serve literally 1000s of people in just the one month that they're in Leeds, not to mention all the other places they go to, the fact that every single one of them remembers me is is not only impressive, but also a bit humbling.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

2016 Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Previous challenges:  New Year Challenge , Muir Does Stuff, :apple:    

1 minute ago, Muir said:

I feel your pain. I have this same exact problem. I always feel like I have to eat all of the things at the Xmas market. Especially since all of the stall holders are really nice and they all remember me from one year to the next. Considering they serve literally 1000s of people in just the one month that they're in Leeds, not to mention all the other places they go to, the fact that every single one of them remembers me is is not only impressive, but also a bit humbling.

Now Leeds is one of the few Christmas markets I haven't been to yet but I absolutely love the city. Do you recommend the xmas market?

It's the hyperman set