Deffy Breaks the Curse of December (Def #26)

deftona

Week Two Tuesday Update

My cold seems to have finally cleared up. I went to Cambridge yesterday with SuperBestFriend to look around the town and do some Christmas shopping. I had never been before and it's a nice town (but Oxford is better and now I know who to cheer for in the boat race). We walked A LOT, I got around 17,000 steps so I am counting it as a workout session. Food wasn't great because it never is when we do our day trips but we got Nandos takeaway for dinner and that's relatively healthy so it could have been worse. 

Busy, fractured day today. See you on the otherside!

• Like 10

It's the hyperman set

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

4 hours ago, deftona said:

My cold seems to have finally cleared up. I went to Cambridge yesterday with SuperBestFriend to look around the town and do some Christmas shopping. I had never been before and it's a nice town (but Oxford is better and now I know who to cheer for in the boat race). We walked A LOT, I got around 17,000 steps so I am counting it as a workout session. Food wasn't great because it never is when we do our day trips but we got Nandos takeaway for dinner and that's relatively healthy so it could have been worse. 

Oxford>Cambridge.

This the opinion of someone who's never been to the UK, but from a Theological standpoint I often prefer Oxford Scholars. Plus, Tolkien taught at Oxford.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Oxford>Cambridge.

This the opinion of someone who's never been to the UK, but from a Theological standpoint I often prefer Oxford Scholars. Plus, Tolkien taught at Oxford.

They're both really beautiful towns like no other in this country, where the university buildings take over the town and the river ambles by, but Oxford just has a magical atmosphere. Besides, His Dark Materials is set there and I love those books. 

• Like 3

It's the hyperman set

Cambridge tends to favour the sciences (eg Rutherford) and Oxford tends to favour the arts. Also Oxford tends to churn out more politicians thanks to PPE so I think that counts against it ;)

Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and receipts for all major purchases

• Like 2

I finally found your thread!!  Hope you're having a great month, Deffy!  :)

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Week Three Update

Last week was crazy busy. I finished up at work, did more Christmas shopping, had a couple of day trips and baked some cookies for the in laws to take back with them after their visit. I still have quite a bit to do in preparation. I haven't done any of my own wrapping, just all of TH's (how did this tradition ever begin I wonder, I hate wrapping) but I have mostly finished my shopping I think. I just have a couple of bits to go alongside a present I am putting together for TH and my brother in law and then I think I am mostly done. I still have to finish up The Heffalump of Christmas but Crazy Ex Girlfriend has been keeping me company with that. I am hoping to finish that today. I still need to do the food shop and clear out my spare room for the guests that are staying at mine over the festive period but I think this is all manageable. I guess we'll know for sure in a week! 

Food has been mixed and exercise has been, shall we say ecological rather than deliberate but I guess it has still been there, to a point. Shello is a wonderful woman who sent me homemade cookies across the Atlantic and they are fantastic but I haven't faceplanted them yet, I am eating them with temperance and decorum which is very unlike me. I am also puzzling with what should be my overarching food goal in 2017 on my battlelog and I am trying to work out if I am unsure what to do because of a genuine strategic reason, as in I want to make the best goal for my success -or if I am being a bit of a vulva because it's too hard. I am hoping to have the answer to this over the coming week after lots of thought exercises. 

Weekly Goal Recap

Lose 5 lbs - I have experienced something of an upswing, this goal has 2016 written all over it. 

Work out 3x per week - I worked out twice last week so this is a fail but a near miss, I guess?

Tie Up loose 2016 threads:

* Submit my tax return for the 2015/2016 financial year (Yes, this has been my goal since April and no, I haven't done it yet)

* Finish Baby von Fartypants' Christmas present

* Finish X present

* Finish W present

* Finish all current books: 

- A History of the World

- Inside the Whale

* Have all my own possessions in my own house

* To have finished Darebee Foundation Light

* Finish portfolio for work

* Move all recipes from my broken recipe file to my new recipe box

I haven't finished anything else on this list but I am working through it still. I have until the end of the year for this so I still have two weeks to go. But I think my main problem with 2016 is that I entertained the idea of failure and let it be an option. Ever since I crashed and burned in that first challenge around July I have found it really hard to put anything like the required effort into my success so of course. I haven't seen much. Failure is not an option for 2017. And I am going to put on my big girl pants and track every day next year. Problem solved, vulvahood dodged.

• Like 10

It's the hyperman set

6 hours ago, deftona said:

Failure is not an option for 2017. And I am going to put on my big girl pants and track every day next year. Problem solved, vulvahood dodged.

2017 is already running in fear.  

Logging every day doesn't necessarily mean you have to MFP every day.  Some days maybe it's just enough to write it down in your bujo. 

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

6 hours ago, skinNbones said:

2017 is going to be way better than 2016, how can it not be!?

Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and receipts for all major purchases

Hmmm well on a global scale I suspect it might be worse but all I can do is look after my immediate zone and try to make that better so that is what I shall do! 

22 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Gift bags forever.

Good point, but it's not the same. I think it's more fun to unwrap gifts that are wrapped individually. 

18 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

Logging every day doesn't necessarily mean you have to MFP every day.  Some days maybe it's just enough to write it down in your bujo. 

True, and I do have FatSecret possibly the worst named app in the world so I could log on there when I am out and about and just quicklog in MFP when I get back to my laptop so you do have a point.

• Like 3

It's the hyperman set

Week Three Update

Last week was crazy busy. I finished up at work, did more Christmas shopping, had a couple of day trips and baked some cookies for the in laws to take back with them after their visit. I still have quite a bit to do in preparation. I haven't done any of my own wrapping, just all of TH's (how did this tradition ever begin I wonder, I hate wrapping) but I have mostly finished my shopping I think. I just have a couple of bits to go alongside a present I am putting together for TH and my brother in law and then I think I am mostly done. I still have to finish up The Heffalump of Christmas but Crazy Ex Girlfriend has been keeping me company with that. I am hoping to finish that today. I still need to do the food shop and clear out my spare room for the guests that are staying at mine over the festive period but I think this is all manageable. I guess we'll know for sure in a week! 

Food has been mixed and exercise has been, shall we say ecological rather than deliberate but I guess it has still been there, to a point. Shello is a wonderful woman who sent me homemade cookies across the Atlantic and they are fantastic but I haven't faceplanted them yet, I am eating them with temperance and decorum which is very unlike me. I am also puzzling with what should be my overarching food goal in 2017 on my battlelog and I am trying to work out if I am unsure what to do because of a genuine strategic reason, as in I want to make the best goal for my success -or if I am being a bit of a vulva because it's too hard. I am hoping to have the answer to this over the coming week after lots of thought exercises. 

Weekly Goal Recap

Lose 5 lbs - I have experienced something of an upswing, this goal has 2016 written all over it. 

Work out 3x per week - I worked out twice last week so this is a fail but a near miss, I guess?

Tie Up loose 2016 threads:

* Submit my tax return for the 2015/2016 financial year (Yes, this has been my goal since April and no, I haven't done it yet)

* Finish Baby von Fartypants' Christmas present

* Finish X present

* Finish W present

* Finish all current books: 

- A History of the World

- Inside the Whale

* Have all my own possessions in my own house

* To have finished Darebee Foundation Light

* Finish portfolio for work

* Move all recipes from my broken recipe file to my new recipe box

I haven't finished anything else on this list but I am working through it still. I have until the end of the year for this so I still have two weeks to go. But I think my main problem with 2016 is that I entertained the idea of failure and let it be an option. Ever since I crashed and burned in that first challenge around July I have found it really hard to put anything like the required effort into my success so of course. I haven't seen much. Failure is not an option for 2017. And I am going to put on my big girl pants and track every day next year. Problem solved, vulvahood dodged.

Put the pants on that make your ass look great(er) and I will join you!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

6 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Put the pants on that make your ass look great(er) and I will join you!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Yass! This time next year, T2, we'll have the juciest booties in the world. 

• Like 2

It's the hyperman set

Update

Eating hasn't been fantastic, there have been too many delicious things knocking around but i have been offsetting this with having veggie packed meals. I have gained weight though, either that or I am really bloated. Either one is a possibility. I am going to get a workout in today and then keep working through my huge to-do list to get everything done in time for Christmas but I did finish the Heffalump of Christmas! 

temporary_zpsw41yov4d.jpg

Not my best work but she's too young to be a critic. I hope... 

• Like 10

It's the hyperman set

ohmygodit'ssocute!

*ahem* Very nice, well done, jolly good work.

• Like 2

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 3  -  CON: 0  -  CHA: 0  -  SAN: 1  -  INT: 0

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Anatomy of an Orc

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

20 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

If you scale it up does it become an Oliphaunt?

If it became a Timothy Olyphant I would give it a go...

tumblr_lh8wmzQTSC1qd8tou.gif

18 hours ago, Jarric said:

ohmygodit'ssocute!

*ahem* Very nice, well done, jolly good work.

Thank you! I am looking forward to giving it to Baby von Fartypants, although I made her a knitted doll for her birthday and she uses it as a phone so who knows what will become of the Heffalump.

17 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Any Woozles being made next?  ( clip for those of you who have not done acid)

Can confirm, this is just like acid. 

14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

You made that? It's incredible.

I did and thank you! I am not too happy with bits of it but I have no time to change it so it will have to do. 

• Like 3

It's the hyperman set

Update

I went swimming yesterday but we grabbed McDonald's on the way back because TH has been craving a Big Mac for weeks. It wasn't the best idea because I was up a lot of the night with stomach pains so I tried to eat much lighter today, starting the day with fruit and a crumpet. I just did the bulk of my xmas food shopping and now I am sitting here eating Florentines working myself up to finding a space for it all. 

My relaxing on my food intake front is showing on my face already - I'm all puffy and red. I should probably put these Florentines down but they are so crunchy and nutty. Mmmmm. I think I must be approaching shark week too (TH is adamant he isn't as irritating as I have found him these last couple of days so he may be onto something there) and I always look like shit for that week of the month so maybe it's just that. Still, I could do with laying off these Florentines...

• Like 6

It's the hyperman set

I finished the day stronger by making kedgeree for dinner with lots of peas and onions so that should offset some of the florentines. I was driving past TH's work about when he would normally take his lunch break so I pulled up outside and texted him to come out. He was really happy to see me because he'd had a stressful morning, and we chatted while he ate his lunch. When I got home I finished wrapping my presents and sorted out the food cupboards. No exercise today, my knees are really hurting again :( I did work on my exercise chart for next year though and I have a couple of things in the pipeline but I have been doing lots of thinking. I remember the girl who set herself a challenge and then would not let up until it was all done and I wonder where I lost that. More so, I wonder how I can get that back. January is going to be a lot of me doing some big work to lay the foundations for the success I am demanding of myself in 2017. I guess some of the depression and other issues I have dealt with in the latter half of this year has really changed me. Hopefully only temporarily. 

In other news, to add to the whole "my face is a blotchy mess" thing, I went a bit mad with the Biore strips and have very little skin left on my nose. I don't know why I even try... 

• Like 5

It's the hyperman set