• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NemoG

GR 10 training begins

Challange #2. GR 10 training begins

So, I'm going to walk the GR10 (well that's the plan).

This challange which will be the entire month of Dec (I don't like the fact there is a week rest between challanges) will focus on;

Diet
- Don't take office snacks (celibrations) in Dec. (I love office snacks) [CON+1 WIS+1]
- Only have 2 coffee's before 1 one after lunch rest of the day drink water/tea [CON+1 WIS+1]
- No beer, Soda, Jus in the house [CON+2 WIS+1]

Fitness
- wall/rock climb at least 1,5 hour a week each week [STR+2 STA +1] 
- 10km walk per week. (prefferably) [STA+3 DEX+1]

Life
- Get my diving tattoo (17 & 18th of Dec) [CHA +1]

My Epic quests for this period;

- Be able to rock climb a 5c (10XP) [STR+1]
(start difficulty= 5B) 

- be able to rock climb 3 5b's in a row (20xp) [STR+1][STA+1]
(start difficulty= 5A) 

- Don't take any office snacks in Dec (25 xp) (same as above [CON+2])
(I managed to do this in Nov, I want to continue in Dec) 

- Don't drink soda, jus & beer for 1 month (25 xp) (same as above [CON+2])
(I managed to do this in Nov, I want to continue in Dec) 

- Get my diving tattoo (17 & 18th of Dec) (75 xp) (same as above [CHA +1])

Info on the GR10; 

The GR 10 is a French GR footpath, or hiking trail, that runs the length of the Pyrenees Mountains. It roughly parallels the French-Spanish border on the French side. Those attempting the entire trail often choose to walk it from west to east, from Hendaye on the Bay of Biscay to Banyuls-sur-Mer on the Mediterranean Sea, but it can just as easily be traversed east to west.

Hiking the entire route is estimated to take around 52 days for hikers who are in good shape and used to mountain hiking. Some stretches involve a lot of ascending and descending, including a few one-day sections that can climb and then descend 1,200 metres (3,900 ft), but the GR 10 is a hiking trail, and there is no actual mountain climbing involved. The trail covers a distance of 866 kilometres (538 mi), with 48,000 metres (157,000 ft) of ascent and given the coast to coast nature of the route the same descent.

• Like 3

That hiking goal sounds amazing! Do you have a time frame for when you want to complete the hike?

Looking forward to checking in with you and see how you are doing on your goals! Not eating office snacks in December is hard!

• Like 1

Sorry for my very late reply,

I was ill over two months, I'm back now, the GR10 is still a goal got to get myself back into working my way there! :)