Hi everyone,

I stumbled onto this site while I was doing some research on crossfit. I was thinking about joining a crossfit box, but have decided to go a different route.

A little bit about myself, I'm 32 years old married guy. I use to be very active when I was in highschool, football and wrestling. I was also very big into weightlifting at the time. All that went to the way side when I went off to art school. There I learned the joys of partying. The weight slowly creeped on over the next number of years. I got to my heaviest at 261. I'm 5'6" so this is extremely overweight. When I played football, I weight 180, and I wrestled as low as 160.

Last summer, my neighbor was talking to me about Paleo. It sounded like an interesting idea, so I started trying. I stick with it through the week, but weekends are usually cheats i.e. beer and pizza. Since I started, I have dropped down to 231.5 lbs. With my birthday coming up, I decided to join the local YMCA, so I could start lifting weights again. Although I am super sore, this being my first week; it feels really good to be back in a weight room.

So here are my goals:

1. Get back to my highschool weight: 180lbs

2. Continue to get stronger by lifting three days a week.

3. Quit smoking.

4. Not feel embarrassed when taking my shirt off.