Fruit Toss (mini challenge)

Infinity.Creates

Fruit Toss (Rebel Mini-challenge)

Image result for fruit toss gif

You'e just come onto the website and you've been bombarded by information from all sides. PvP, Accountability, Guilds, Challenges, People, Quests, ..... It's a lot of overwhelming information, but you have no need to worry. This mini-challenge is here to help ease you into the forums and give you some extra challenges along the way. This is by no means compulsory, but you may find it fun, or helpful, or a good way to meet fellow rebels. 

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here (if it's relevant to the mini challenge), to the Juice Bar, or message me directly. 

There you have it, enjoy the challenges to come!

Week 0 : SMART Challenge

Week 1 : Join an Accountability Group / PvP  AND support a fellow guildie

Week 2 : Try a food

Week 3 : Ask a question AND Share some advice

Week 4 : Try an exercise

The fruit rolled along the floor, some of them jumping up into the air, bouncing off one another, yellow red, green, some blue, berries to pineapples not squashing each other. The fruit rolled and bounced, and came together, at a spot just infront of the Juice Bar. The few Rebels who had managed to make an early order, and several coming up the road, all watched in horror as the fruit turned into a bowl, and then into a cube, and then into a dragon! 

They looked at each other, united in an effort to improving their own lives, and charged at the dragon with the assortment of powers. 

Will you help them? 

• Like 2

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Week 1 : SMART Challenges

Welcome to the Rebels mini challenge of Christmas 2016 (It's Christmas okay? Advent has started and Starbucks has themed drinks)! Participation is entirely voluntary and you don't get any stat points, but you do get some cool challenges to help you on your journey from Rebel to Hero.

Is your challenge SMART? Not, is it a Vulcan or a computer or a being capable of processing information, but is it

S pecific

M easureable 

A chievable

R ealistic

T imely

If you can cross off these criteria, you know your challenge is in the running for a truly glorious success. But to double check you have a SMART challenge, can you answer a couple of questions? Post your answers in the chat below, and list a couple of ways you might change your challenge, if you want to.

If you get stuck for ideas or want any advice on how to improve your challenge, don't hesitate to ask over in the Juice Bar or take a look at other people's answers and challenges.

1. Are your goals able to measured and tracked?
  2. How will you track them over the course of the challenge? 
  3. How are you grading your goals? Is there a reward for effort?
  4. Are you trying to build multiple habits or is all your energy focused on your main quest?
  5. Do you have the time to complete all the goals you've set?
  6. Do you have a plan on altering the goals if you become ill/injured?
  7. Are your goals realistic? Can you scale them down to fit your life better. even if that takes longer?
  8. Are you giving yourself any rewards or accountability?

The dragon roared, fruit juice imitating fire as it burned up in the air before the few rebels. Some nervously stopped their charge, double checked their solid grip on the weapon, and then screamed out loud in proud defiance and belief in their skills, and began to bruise fruit and use their minds to stop the fruit from rolling back into place.

And for the rest of your quest :

Image result for good luck gif

The dragon roared, fruit juice imitating fire as it burned up in the air before the few rebels. Some nervously stopped their charge, double checked their solid grip on the weapon, and then screamed out loud in proud defiance and belief in their skills, and began to bruise fruit and use their minds to stop the fruit from rolling back into place.

• Like 2

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

1 hour ago, IAmInfinite said:
  • I AM GOING ON AN INTERMITTENT E-FAST: NO SOCIAL MEDIA BEFORE NOON OR AFTER 10PM. 
  •  
  • Are your goals able to measured and tracked? YES.
  • How will you track them over the course of the challenge? NO SOCIAL MEDIA EXCEPT BETWEEN 12-10PM.
  • How are you grading your goals? Is there a reward for effort? TIME! GRADING IS PASS/FAIL. 
  • Are you trying to build multiple habits or is all your energy focused on your main quest? FOCUSING HERE FOR THE FRUIT TOSS
  • Do you have the time to complete all the goals you've set? IF SUCCESSFUL, I'LL GAIN TIME!
  • Do you have a plan on altering the goals if you become ill/injured? I CALL 911 BEFORE I GET ON FB!
  • Are your goals realistic? Can you scale them down to fit your life better. even if that takes longer? IT IS REALISTIC. AND HEALTHY!
  • Are you giving yourself any rewards or accountability? THE GAIN OF TIME IS REWARD ENOUGH FOR ME

*Member of 2018 Hogwarts House Cup Championship Team*

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

Supernatural gif! Hi, you're my new best friend. 

Also lol'ing because my goals are intentionally not SMART goals this round. #sorrynotsorry

edit: This is not to say that SMART goals are bad. They can be super helpful for a lot of people. Personally I'm just trying something different to trick my brain into functioning like a normal brain again and I find it amusing that this is the first general suggestion. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

15 hours ago, fleaball said:

Supernatural gif! Hi, you're my new best friend. 

Also lol'ing because my goals are intentionally not SMART goals this round. #sorrynotsorry

edit: This is not to say that SMART goals are bad. They can be super helpful for a lot of people. Personally I'm just trying something different to trick my brain into functioning like a normal brain again and I find it amusing that this is the first general suggestion. 

Lol :P Its good if youre experimenting to try and find something that better suits you. But for new rebels who dont have a clear start, then this should help getting them to someplace helpful.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, IAmInfinite said:

Lol :P Its good if youre experimenting to try and find something that better suits you. But for new rebels who dont have a clear start, then this should help getting them to someplace helpful.

Yeah I realized after I posted that it's probably not the best thing to say but I didn't want to straight up delete it in case people had already seen it and gotten the wrong impression. Sorry u.u Being reminded about SMART goals definitely helped my first few challenges because I am the queen of setting vague goals. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I've been getting in-depth with habit changing, so I can't wait for the "specific" part. 

Ive read if your going to make a change, make the change 6 seconds or less. Example: instead of saying "I'm going to run everyday" it should be "after dinner, I'll put on my running shoes"

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

5 minutes ago, Butternut said:

Ive read if your going to make a change, make the change 6 seconds or less. Example: instead of saying "I'm going to run everyday" it should be "after dinner, I'll put on my running shoes"

That's interesting, and probably really true. I know lots of people struggle with starting with too much or taking on too much as the months go by. Especially at the end of th eyear, everyone realises that they've got to simplify their challenges to succeed. 

9 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

That's interesting, and probably really true. I know lots of people struggle with starting with too much or taking on too much as the months go by. Especially at the end of th eyear, everyone realises that they've got to simplify their challenges to succeed. 

True true. Couple of months ago I made a challenge of reading a paragraph a day when I get into bed, I got through a 2 books that month.  

I know for me and I think a lot of humans feel like it needs to be difficult to change.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Butternut said:

True true. Couple of months ago I made a challenge of reading a paragraph a day when I get into bed, I got through a 2 books that month.  

I know for me and I think a lot of humans feel like it needs to be difficult to change.

Definitely, and I know the whole "No pain no gain" mentality is now so present in everyone's lives. 

The reverse is true, and some think that if you gain, then you must be in some type of pain.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

Definitely, and I know the whole "No pain no gain" mentality is now so present in everyone's lives. 

The reverse is true, and some think that if you gain, then you must be in some type of pain.

What are your thoughts on that?  Do you believe you need that? 

I ask because as much as I read about it, learn about it, and try to do it, I still find myself making things WAY more difficult than need be.

Definitely not. The point of the challenge is that you are trying to make your life better. There is going to be some sacrifice, but you're playing the long game here. So, why not make it as easy as possible for yourself?

Of course, the mentality of being able to push through is important as well. These are called 'challenges'. It's not a walk in the park (except for when it literally is), because you are trying to be healthier than you have to be in this day and age. 

In conclusion (because that was a bit twisty), make your challenge as easy as you can! But make sure you are still doing something new and something that is a challenge. 

Idk if that answered your Q :P

• Like 1

I was just curious on your thoughts! :) 

its amazing on how life keeps going and you just put things you enjoy on the back burner. These challenges have kept as wonderful reminders of what matters to me, like reading and drawing. 

I set my goals and I'm really happy with them! Soooo mini challenge completed! Woop!! 

• Like 1

It really all depends on the person.  And sometimes - it really depends.

I have SO much going on right now - trying to change too much is overwhelming - so I'm keeping it small.  But if, for instance, I could afford a month away from all of my other responsibilities and could focus on health - I'd change a lot.  Seriously - if I won the lottery, I'd tell hubby to hang tight for a month and go to a health spa and reboot EVERYTHING.  But there's no way I can do that, work (travel), keep the house in anything resembling order, etc.  Thus my "mini" challenges changing only a couple of things.

I'm also making other lifestyle changes that aren't on the challenge list - because if things get tough\hectic, they'll be the first to drop.

• Keep processed food down to a BARE minimum
    • I'm making bread again.  So no processed\packaged bread is coming into the house (except hamburger buns because I haven't perfected a recipe for those LOL)
    • I'm cooking a LOT more - although this is part of the challenge in a way because meal planning is part of my challenge - but the outcome I'm looking for is eating more whole, minimally processed foods
      • I may even go back to making my own broths now that I have an electric pressure cooker - because I can't sleep smelling it simmer over night (literally LOL) but I have to make sure I'm really ready to make that commitment.
      • I may also consider roasting turkey for sandwiches - it depends on whether or not I can really slice it thin enough for hubby :)

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

Wee, SMART goals.  I personally find it super helpful to say, "yep, I did that," or "nope, need to do better tomorrow."  That might be a (small) part of why I have such a hard time kicking my nail biting habit.  It's tearing and picking along with the biting, and it's hard to say for sure if I was picking at my fingertips when I do it so unconsciously.  Whelp.

My goals are over here, in case anyone cares.  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/92214-a-grue-continues-exploring/  :) 

• Like 2

Holtzmann is my copilot.

"have you ever thought 'i am not good enough to do this?' THATS THE SOUND OF YOUR REVERSE TWIN. do not listen. you are good enough to do this" - Chuck Tingle

Week 2 : Support and Join

Part 1 :

They come in and out of existence, but on this website, there is an amazing community. Join in with them by joining an accountability group or a PvP. 

These will be people who will help and encourage you, bringing in new or old interests and sparking fresh passion. This is another way of meeting other rebels and becoming friends and supporting each other.

So, in this challenge, I want to you to join either an accountability group or a PvP.

Find the Player vs Player section HERE.  These will be competitive challenges, either in teams or as individuals, that will inspire and encourage you.

Find the Accountability section HERE. These will be interest based communities coming together to encourage each other in challenge based timelines.

If you can't find something you like, don't hesitate to start your own one. Someone will find it interesting and join in.

Part 2 :

You are in a guild with many other amazing people, your fellow Rebels. Support them! Say hi! They might be in the same part of their journey as you, and are there to encourage you. They may be more advanced, so don't hesitate to ask for advice or support.

In this challenge, I want to you to comment on 3 people's threads. Just say hi, or a longer comment if you want. I want you to follow their thread (click 'Notify me of replies' at the bottom of the text box) and check in on them once a week or so. 

The rebels spun and slashed, darting in as the dragon weakened. But it flapped its wings, once, twice, before rising above the people below. The rebels got out crossbows or just chucked their swords as the dragon inhaled, ready to release a torrent of tomato paste.

Please do Parts 1 and 2, and come back here to ask further questions, comment on the awesome people you meet, or advertise your groups. :D

• Like 1

On 12/5/2016 at 10:52 AM, IAmInfinite said:

Week 2 : Support and Join. :D

Alright, I'm in! I joined Project BREATHE, because as I said in my intro there, accountability and camaraderie are two things I'm really in need of. And I reached out to someone who sounds like they are going through a tough time. 

PS Thanks for spelling out what PvP means! I've been wondering about that!

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

47 minutes ago, Mahalak said:

Alright, I'm in! I joined Project BREATHE, because as I said in my intro there, accountability and camaraderie are two things I'm really in need of. And I reached out to someone who sounds like they are going through a tough time. 

PS Thanks for spelling out what PvP means! I've been wondering about that!

A thousand points to you for mentioning that group. I just went to see what it was about and I'm all in. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 12/6/2016 at 9:49 PM, fleaball said:

A thousand points to you

Thanks! I love the positive reinforcement! ;) 

Week 2 : Try a food

Time to mix up the challenges! What's coming now is a diet challenge! This can be personally tailored to your current challenge or try something completely  new. What you've got to do is make some form of change to what you eat. There's a saying in computing "Rubbish in, rubbish out." Make sure that what you put into your body is healthy, so it will make you healthy! It's 80% of weight management and should be one of your main focuses.

So, you can either : try a food, make it a habit to add a food to your diet, eliminate a food from your diet. It can be one time, or if you want the difficult mode, add it to your challenge as an extra habit. If you already have a diet quest, step it up a notch for a day, or vary it. 

Image result for variety is the spice of life gif

For example, have a rainbow meal, try a new vegetable, eliminate your crisp intake, add a form of protein, ....

In this thread, post the change you made, whether it was for one meal or the entire day, and the effect (whether you want to try doing it again in the future, or if you've realised that you hate carrots). Enjoy your food!

• Like 1

I decided to limit my cheese intake since I basically top everything with cheese and, let's be honest, that's far from healthy. So I tried to implement 4 cheese free days (well, I didn't just try, I succeeded this week!)

• Like 2

I've prepped some veggies for breakfast inclusion in the form of an omelet.  Something I used to do - and SHOULD do - and will be doing again :)  I can get an omelet virtually anywhere I stay for work - so it's something I can totally keep up with as a "most" days of the week thing.

• Like 1

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

Cabbage. And more cabbage. Two new recipes, both delicious and hearty - perfect for the very cold days we experienced!

Week 3 : Ask and Advise

Part 1 : Ask

Some of you are new to the concept of challenges. Some of you are coming back. I'm pretty sure everyone has a question. 

Over the course of this week, I want you to write a question in this thread. It could be something you are struggling with, a plateau you've hit, or something you're scared of. No matter how skilled you are, you are still on a journey.

The point of these guilds is that you are surrounded by people at similar leels at you, and you will be facing similar challenges. The point is that you are to support each other, and the first way to do this is let people know you are vulnerable. That you do have questions. So ask them! 

Part 2 : Advise

Of course, now there are a lot of questions floating around. They won't get answered by the ether. You each have individual experiences and skills and journeys, and perhaps you have knowledge that will benefit others. 

From the questions that are posted, or from general problems you know other have had, write down some advice you have for others. Something that you have struggled with and overcome, or something you think will help others. Maybe its a really cool way to cook cabbage? Post ahead and share your wisdom!

Image result for ask and advise gif

• Like 1