Dungeons and Dragons with the Doodlies

Welcome do Dungeons and Dragons, the Doodlie version.

Everyone is welcome to participate :) 

By participating you DON'T become a Doodlie, it's just that this game in this form has been invented by the doodlies.

A short recap of how we play

You start by copying the character sheet and fill it in (see rule book for details on this). After this you put a link to it in your signature, and put the link on the sign in sheet. 

The name of your character is the same as your name on the forums! This makes it so much easier for the DM's

You've got 4 primary abilities. You can level these up infinitive by doing stuff in real life like doing cardio, strength training, meditate or learn stuff. 

Besides that you've got extra ability's you can choose to your liking, to shape your character. By choosing a specific race or class you gain bonuses for certain abilities, but you're not limited to them. 

The DM (doodlie master) tells a story. You tell the DM how you wish to react to the circumstances the DM described. He or she will determine, by rolling a dice and comparing the result with the ability that's applicable in that situation, if you're successful or not. 

For example: You wish to talk to a cute guy in a bar. Since you're a beautiful elf, the DM decides this shouldn't be too hard for you, so she uses a D4 (a dice with 4 sides). (Or the DM decides that this is very hard since you're an ugly ogre and she uses a D100 (a dice with 100 sides)). She looks at your psyche level, say you're level 3. With the D4 you'll succeed by a roll of 2, 3 or 4. (With the D100 by 98, 99 or 100.) The DM rolls the D4 and you get a 3. The cute guy is willing to talk to you. Say you roll a 4, since that is the highest role the cute guy comes to you and tells you everything you wan to know. Or you get a 1, and the cute guy slaps you in the face and leaves. 

We play from December 5th until December 31st

If you want you can post a short introduction in this thread. If you have any questions, let me know.

Links

Rule book

Character Sheet (copy it and fill it out, don't forget to alter the share settings so everyone can see it)

Sign in sheet

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

We do need a DM. I DM'ed the entire last challenge. It was fun, but I'm done with it, at least for a little while. 

So in order to let the fun continue we'll need one or two volunteers to DM for for or two weeks. 

Spoiler

8 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

If Terah would be willing to work with me, at least initially, I will give it a go. 

Off course :) 

You can start by reading the rulebook, and if you have questions, just PM me!

1 hour ago, NemoG said:

I'm in for the game, I'll DM after I played more games (I've also DM'ed in real life but I need to get the hang of the culture here) 

Each DM will guide the story differently, that's part of the fun! Why don't TML DM the first two weeks and you the second two weeks?

Spoiler

51 minutes ago, Terah said:

Each DM will guide the story differently, that's part of the fun! Why don't TML DM the first two weeks and you the second two weeks?

I think I find it easier to do a full 4 weeks as I can have an idea on the story.. it's easier then jump in with no clue. 

I'll do next month (or the one after if you go in between :)

• Like 1

Challanges; #1, #2, #3

Battle Log | Epics 

4 minutes ago, NemoG said:

I'll do next month

You're on! :D 

Spoiler

Not really familiar with the DoodlieVerse(TM) but last round was fun so I might stick around for this as well.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1),  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6), Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

1 minute ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Not really familiar with the DoodlieVerse(TM) but last round was fun so I might stick around for this as well.

I beg to differ. What is there to not be familiar with? Smut and undying friendship, it's the Doodlie way. 

• Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I might stick around for this as well.

Please do :)

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Smut and undying friendship, it's the Doodlie way. 

So true!

Spoiler

I'm in!  Can someone double check my character sheet please?  I think I understood the rules on Stat allocation, but I'm not 100% sure.  

Also, I have a BS in Automotive.  Does that count for Mechanics skillz? :P 

Finally, I assume the actual story is in a different thread?  Is there a link I missed or is it not made yet?

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

3 minutes ago, Oramac said:

I'm in!  Can someone double check my character sheet please?  I think I understood the rules on Stat allocation, but I'm not 100% sure.  

Also, I have a BS in Automotive.  Does that count for Mechanics skillz? :P 

Finally, I assume the actual story is in a different thread?  Is there a link I missed or is it not made yet?

looks alright, but you skill is Level 1 as you're human.

also, check my sheet I got 2 extra tabs to keep track of Skills and abilities which makes it easy for yourself and the DM.

You can copy mine and make you score 0. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XcXrLqL6TymmHcqAJFVs71OkVRkthjo1YWyoZJt_mD4/edit#gid=0 

• Like 1

Challanges; #1, #2, #3

Battle Log | Epics 

21 minutes ago, Oramac said:

No, the story will be in this thread :)

It will start a week from now, so until then we'll talk meta talk here.

• Like 1
Spoiler

7 hours ago, Terah said:

Off course :) 

You can start by reading the rulebook, and if you have questions, just PM me!

I've read through the rules twice. I need to finish rereading the old thread so I can see your style and where we left off. I'll do that soon and follow up with you @Terah

• Like 2

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

So, I feel pretty good about this. The system Terah and others have designed is pretty straight forward. I narrate a bit then the group picks it up and runs. When things need to get done I offer a couple challenges. Players can ask about other actions and I can give them a different challenge. When skills are used it is a success is Roll >= (10 - skill level).

I have an idea for an adventure for the coming weeks. I'll try to stick to what @Terah has done in terms of offering a couple events per week and giving a deadline to achieve the challenge by. I also saw that in the last adventure there was some talk of trying to make this challenge a little easier and more about getting ready for 2017 so I'll try to respect that.

A bit about me

As you can see, my handle is The Most Loathed, most people refer to me as TML. As a NFer I've posted in challenges but for the last little bit it's been and ongoing battle log. I'm a kettlebell lifter but I do other stuff too. I like board games, reading and cooking. I have never lead a long D&D campaign but I've done a few sessions here and there. I really enjoy the one-shot format, which is pretty much what I'm going to do here.

I encourage you to think outside the box. So when I offer a challenge to fight the monster but you want to try to talk to it, let me know and i'll try to work you in (assuming everyone hasn't already beaten it up). Just know that a "success" won't always mean that you get what you want. 

I have scripted out a rough story that involves two posts a week. If we go way off the rails, that's ok, I will adapt to you, not the other way around.

Prologue to A Doodlie Holidazzle

It's that time of year again, it seems like the moment Spooktacular is over people begin celebrating Holidazzle, they practically skip Food Day entirely (sorry very American-centric there). Some people just love Holidazzle though. Doodlie Castle has been decorated for weeks with bright lights and colorful paper ornaments. The castle can be a little chilly this time of year but given the temperate climate, it's not crazy cold. All the better for drinking warm apple cider and wearing ugly sweaters in.

Since tomorrow is Holidazzle, everyone is thinking about what they asked from from the SW/MRS (Strange Woman/Men in Red Suits). Everyone knows you can't tell a soul what you wanted or the SW/MRS will hear and you get nothing. It's getting late though and people are starting to head to bed, looking forward to the huge party tomorrow.

Challenges

1. A post describing your character, containing a link to an appropriate character sheet - bare minimum to play this round

2. In that post or another, describe what your Doodlie does the night before Holidazzle, a holiday in which strange men and women in red magically make gifts appear for all the good boys and girls. Also describe what your Doodlie has asked Santa SW/MRS for this Holidazzle - better starting gear and secret bonus in the game

3. Take care of yourselves. Spend some time doing something for yourself like reading, playing video games, get a massage, bake, or whatever you would like to for you. Write a post summing up what you did - better starting situation

Deadline

12:01 Saturday morning  (December 3rd) GMT

Trying to answer questions before they are asked

Q:What? What this thing you're talking about here?

A:Welcome to Doolies as designed by @Terah. Let me refer you to her rule book and character sheet

Q: Cool! Can I play?

A: If you can meet the requirements of Challenge 1 above by the deadline above then yes, otherwise wait until the new year and hop in on the new one

Q: This is dumb, do I have to do it?

A: Nope, There will be a new Doodlies next year with a different DM

Q: I really wanted a workout challenge this week, can I have one?

A: There are two ways to get a workout challenge for the week. First, if you're doing it for yourself, because you want to, it could be counted as a part of self-care (challenge 3). Or, if your character is doing some thing physical the night before Holidazzle, we can work something out. Also, you can work on leveling your attributes or skills, which may require you to work out.

Q: Does {insert activity here} count as self care for challenge number 3

A: If you want to do it for your own mental or emotional satisfaction, it counts. If you're doing it because you're supposed to, you were told to, someone yelled in your face until you did, it doesn't count. Also, why are you hanging out with people who yell in your face?

Q: Will there be another challenge this week?

A: No. Doodlies should talk to one another, wax rhapsodic about what they are doing the night before Holidazzle and what they asked for from the SM/WRS

Q: Can I have....Can I do....?

A: Talk to me (opening in the thread or via PM as you wish) about anything else you want to do.

• Like 7

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

I love it! So clever to start off like this :) 

Spoiler

Jumping in now because I'll forget if I don't

===============================

(in character)

Hey there!  My name is Oramac, human Ranger.  I'm fairly normal by ranger standards, I guess.  Tall, lithe, and agile, I may not be able to lift as much as some of the warriors over there (*points to warrior types*), but I can do most of it, and still take a deer at 200 yards.  That's dinner.  You're welcome.  Also, I'd like you to meet my dog.  He's a Shepherding type named Max.  Very good to have with you in a fight, and he's a cuddly one to boot.  

Before Holidazzle, I'm just planning to spend some time out in the snow.  Nothing too crazy, but I'll probably train Max a little, maybe brush up on my long-distance shooting.  Maybe not.  Who knows.  It's supposed to be a quiet night, so we'll see what happens.  I've asked Swamers (yup, I named SWMRS) for a compound bow to replace this beat up old longbow I've got, and maybe a new bug-out bag.  The bow will likely help me get everyone dinner a bit easier, and the bag definitely would help tracking my prey simpler.  

I'm also planning some time to relax a little.  Most likely playing some games with friends, and just taking some time to myself to decompress.  All the festivities are taxing on the nerves.  

(Games: D&D on Tuesday/Wednesday/Saturday, WoW randomly in between)

The dog is based on my first dog, a German Shepherd named Max. Also based on the Revised Ranger Unearthed Arcana from D&D 5e.  (can't link it since I'm at work, but google has it. :P )

The "compound bow" is an in-universe version of what I actually want to get for Christmas (300 AAC upper)

• Like 5

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

So cool! I'm in for this round too!

Great beginning, @The Most Loathed!!

My name is zenLara, and I am a wood elf. People would say I'm a bit peculiar, and that's probably why my family sent me to spend some time at the Lunatorium for peculiar minds. I'm quiet, though I can get pretty mad at battles and bash people that are already dead; I also have a weird tendency to express myself in bizarre shakespearian words.

To the Strange Being in Red Suits I've asked for a bow as a gift. I am a wood elf but I was never allowed to use a bow or to learn shooting, maybe because it wasn't safe for other elves... In case the Strange Being in Red Suits shares these security concerns, then I'd like to have a living companion, a wolf. Because he's mad that trusts in the tameness of a wolf.

The night before Holidazzle I'll be in the Doodlie Castle, where I've been invited to spend a few days by my new friends The Doodlies, and I will be attending the party. I'm loving all the decorative tasks for the Holidazzle and have never drunk warm apple cider before.

My take care time will be about taking a few moments every evening to lie down warmly in bed and do a relaxation exercise before sleep.

Waiting to know more about my adventure buddies!

Forgot to say: character sheet available in the signature.

• Like 1

1. A post describing your character, containing a link to an appropriate character sheet - bare minimum to play this round

Hi, I'm Terah. I am a doodlie, and proud to be one. I've been on many adventures with other doodlies and with non-doodlies and it has been lots of fun. I'm devoted to pleasing the Great Yak (meta talk: I invented the Great Yak in this challenge, but the Yak himself has been introduced by Deftona, because she made a Yak Cheese dish for one of her challenges)

I'm a Elf, and in my case that means a tree hugging hippy. Don't get me wrong: I'll defend myself and others when necessary, but I'll always try to find a peaceful solution. 

2. In that post or another, describe what your Doodlie does the night before Holidazzle, a holiday in which strange men and women in red magically make gifts appear for all the good boys and girls. Also describe what your Doodlie has asked Santa SW/MRS for this Holidazzle - better starting gear and secret bonus in the game

In the night before the Holidazzle I'll sing songs with my fellow adventurers. Singing about the Strange Woman and her helpers. I will put an apple and a carrot for their horses/reindeers/griffins or whatever they ride on when they get here, and I will leave some cheesecake and wine for the Strange people themselves. I'll put my wish list next to the goodies. It says: "Dear SW/MRS, this year I would like a warm cloak, some extra food rations and a first aid kit or something magical with healing abilities. Thank you, Terah"

3. Take care of yourselves. Spend some time doing something for yourself like reading, playing video games, get a massage, bake, or whatever you would like to for you. Write a post summing up what you did - better starting situation

I've been watching netflix, baking, working behind the sowing machine and tonight is zumba night! And I went to bed early last night, because I really needed it. 

• Like 3
Spoiler

I have noticed TML on various RPG discussions around the boards, his starting post proves he's the right man for this task

Well met, fellow Doodlies!

tjPr2kv.gif

DarK_RaideR (character sheet) is a dragonborn Ranger, trained in the ancient arts of grappling and hand to hand combat, a fighting style only known as "pro wrasslin". He's strong, fast and quite agile, factors that play into his fighting style whether he's throwing smaller opponents around, choking bigger enemies out or using the environment to gain momentum for spectacular aerial attacks.

tumblr_nn2r6dEP9b1us2olno1_500.gif

2. In that post or another, describe what your Doodlie does the night before Holidazzle, a holiday in which strange men and women in red magically make gifts appear for all the good boys and girls. Also describe what your Doodlie has asked Santa SW/MRS for this Holidazzle - better starting gear and secret bonus in the game

On the night before Holidazzle, DarK_RaideR watches "The Hogfather" to get in the holiday mood. He also uses his singing (Musical Instrument) skills to get the other Doodlies in the holiday mood by singing appropriately smutty songs. As for his present, he's asked the Strange Woman in a Red Suit for a pair of nunchacks.

5OXB4QN.gif

DarK_RaideR is pretty skilled with those things

Couple of challenges ago, I rewarded myself with 1 Euro in savings every day I made a goal. Savings went towards purchasing Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 (shocking, I know, you'd never expect that based on my character) and ever since I've been not only playing it, but keeping a storytelling log about it. I've played and will continue playing and updating that, feel free to drop by and read some of it.

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1),  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6), Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Bonjour I'm Nemo, I'm a dark elf, although you might not see my dark side out and about too often, in a fight you will! Out of a fight, i'm flirtatious with elfs, humans, halflings en acctuallly.. any race, male or female, what can I say, I like a challange. 

200.gif

In a fight I'm a back stabbing bitch with two daggers. 

giphy.gif 

I've been to many lands before encountering these doodlies only a few weeks back (hench my Cultural knowledge), I've seen many things, and people...

giphy.gif

In the night before the Holidazzle I'll Join Terah with singing songs about the Strange Woman and her helpers.

I'll put my wish list next to the goodies. It says: "Dear, I wish for new daggers, poisonous if possible, If I can help you with something in return, you know which room I'm in, See you there, Nemo"

200.gif 

Final Fantasy XV came out this weekend, what more can I say...? O and i dance and rock climb with friends and lovers so I ain't that isolated ;)  

• Like 4

Challanges; #1, #2, #3

Battle Log | Epics