Anybody Want A Peanut? [Alexandrite]

Alexandrite

tumblr_o55u432jZz1uiwnn3o1_500.jpg

If you haven't enjoyed Princess Bride, please, go watch it. Classic. I sometimes feel like my life is a more tame, less violent, but just as crazy, version of the movie. Having three small kids 5 and under and an exchange student along with myself and Dr. Focker all in one household make for interesting times. How do I keep on my goals? I try to make them fun and addicting. Or at least rewarding.

Goals:

Physical Therapy for the Lady -

Squat form practice according to Katy Bowman, diastasis rectii repair, and joint/muscle strengthening through yoga/pilates. Once a day, something related to PTL must be done.

Language Study with the Giant -

WaniKani, Textfugu, workbooks, and flashcards, plus plain ol' regular practice. Once a day. Last challenge I FINALLY conquered my review and lesson queues of 400+ and 200+ in WK so I am ready to advance.

Meal Prep with the Magic Man -

It is basically magic in some ways to get me to plan any kind of meals out more than a day or two ahead. I love being able to have a full pantry and cook what I feel like eating on a whim. Main goal here is NOT eating out. So far we have made it almost a month now. I would also like to cut back on available sugar in the house - time to purge Halloween.

Group Exercise with the Masked Man -

Related to the PT above, my children would benefit from doing yoga with me, especially my daughter who has a very similar body type to me. At least twice a week I do group exercise with them and teach them!

That's it for now! Going for simple. If I complete my daily requirements I can do whatever I want, particularly Stardew Valley or other crafts/projects.

giphy.gif

Sent by my Navi-powered device!

• Like 6

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

Love the theme!! 

• Like 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Love the challenge theme!

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Thanks everyone! It's been a hellava last few days, I am SO grateful for zero week.

167669-princess-bride-who-says-life-i-vw1S.gif

The youngest decided now was the time to throw in fever and ultimate teething level 100. I have been dealing with extra clingy baby, needy 3 year old, and way too active 5 year old the last few days. Thank goodness for movies and preschool for a couple hours.

I haven't done any PTL yet, but plan on it today. My knees have been bugging me, a sure sign I need to get on this improvement *now*.

The Giant continues to work with me on language, beating me down with my subpar accuracy in WK. Can't be helped (仕方がない!) when much of my language study happens between 9pm and 5am, lol.

Meal prep is planned for today - ribeye with deviled eggs and mashed potatoes for dinner. Going for the eating at home thing over the "totally healthy" thing here, haha. Remember, this is magic! Don't rush me sonny.

And finally, group exercise with Dread Pirate Mommy will happen today. Sometime. Probably when I am beating them away from the pantry for the fifth time.

• Like 3

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Another vote for zero week gratefulness tonight. Been busy making a disaster mess out of our house because the Christmas craft fair is Saturday and I am selling some crafts I made. Sharing a table with a friend who is selling candy and goodies. Burlap, hot glue, all kinds of crap for crafting, everywhere, haha. Going to dig out some Christmas decorations for additional stuff. Use what you have!

This week has been tough time wise, emotional wise, and dinner wise. Second night this week Dr. Focker has come home and NOT wanted what we had planned for dinner. So I end up cooking with him some kind of elaborate dinner with what we have on hand (tonight it was carnitas and homemade flour tortillas). Not a big deal because it keeps us eating at home, but so stressful. Eating later means getting kids to bed later, means we don't have time to clean up the mess in the kitchen or do other things around the house before we fall in bed tired.

Mostly, I just want to get back on some kind of routine.

Maybe by Sunday it will happen, haha. Snowed again tonight!

• Like 2

3800be3c91c49ef171985f92a45db96c.jpg

0456dd0c4bdd6a321dc02c89d9759312.jpg

61c3d3b6469f20edfac6852599b23aaf.jpg

The craft fair was a ton of fun. Dr. Focker kept the older kids and Freibird was happy to people watch from the stroller with me. I made almost $100 selling printed signs made with fabric and burlap I already owned! My friend sold her candy and goodies and together the tables looked great. I met a lot of cool other vendors and had great feedback on the signs. Everyone loved them and I will probably make more. Help us earn some money for some trips we want to take next year.

So how did the last few days go?

honestwithme-1024x573.png

I've been struggling to do yoga for the Yoga Every Day thing. I end up waking up sometime in the middle of night before midnight just to get it done, after nursing and putting the baby back to sleep. The upside is that it is quiet and no interruptions, and I do sleep a little better after. =)

PTL has been going well, I am remembering to do calf stretches a lot more and some squatting technique practice.

The Giant is ahead of me with 176 reviews to do in WaniKani, but I am about to level up!

Meal magic has happened, even if we are still eating a bit late. We ate out once at Dairy Queen but it was with gift cards! So still sticking to it.

And group exercise has been mostly outside playing in the snow. Been snowy this week!

Overall I am not an overachiever right now, but I am making small changes for better habits in the future. I also signed up and practiced with the church choir! I have never been with a choir but it is a lot of fun. Apparently tenor is a good range for me. =)

• Like 2

I have had to spend some willpower lately to keep away from FB. I ended last challenge with a promise to use FB only once a week on Sundays. But the icon in my phone menu tells e how many notifications I have waiting, and my previous addictive habit to open it first thing after I sat down means I automatically open the menu of my phone before stopping myself. Hopefully it will get easier over time. It has been three weeks so far!

• Like 3

Those burlap signs are great looking! 

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

The craft fair looked great!  Glad you got to have some craft time and extra income. And hey, little steps add up, don't discount the habits you're building!

As far as the FB notifications on your phone, can you move the icon to a second page so it's not staring at you every time you open the phone? 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

On 12/6/2016 at 8:57 PM, Alexandrite said:

I have had to spend some willpower lately to keep away from FB. I ended last challenge with a promise to use FB only once a week on Sundays. But the icon in my phone menu tells e how many notifications I have waiting, and my previous addictive habit to open it first thing after I sat down means I automatically open the menu of my phone before stopping myself. Hopefully it will get easier over time. It has been three weeks so far!

Nice work with the craft fair, and the yoga.  

I turned off notifications on my phone for everything.  Including facebook and email.  Life is much simpler now... 

• Like 1

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge

I appreciate all the suggestions. The truth is that in a moment of anger and frustration I ended up opening FB to vent some and have been peeking at it on and off throughout the last week. I guess the important thing is that I am not spending a ton of time on it. It is a time when there are some important things going on for friends, so I guess that helps justify the little time. Glad I didn't make it one of my goals...

Speaking of goals. The anger and frustration mentioned above derailed me. Basically Dr. Focker and I got into a disagreement that lasted on and off until Sunday, when we were able to take the time to hash everything out and finally get on the same page about stuff. It is refreshing lately now to speak with him because our friendship has been renewed, but last week was a disaster for accomplishing any of my daily goals.

I haven't done any substantial PTL, my knee and now my hip (both on the right side) have started hurting. Dr. Focker will be traching me some gentle exercise to help. The giant awaits my next move with 147 reviews and 38 new word lessons to conquer in WaniKani. No group exercise has happened because, honestly, I am maxed out with being around my kids and desperately flee to the bathtub every day for 30 min of alone time when I can. Freibird has been very difficult with sleep lately, thrashing and tossing whether in his crib or in our bed, not happy until he has beat both of us up and found some place comfortable, usually splayed out. He is doing the typical painful nursing and biting from teething too. And my body aches all the time from lifting and carrying his 20+lbs along with E's 35lbs and Little O's 45lbs. I am feeling my body having a difficult time managing the constant use and it is not getting stronger, it is just hurting more!

Anyway, the good at the end should outweigh the bad, because meal magic continues to be a success. We still have not eaten out on our own dime in months now! I cook at home and have gotten into better habits for it. I also have taken on the office and financials more thoroughly lately and we just paid off one of our credit cards, which felt awesome to be able to do, especially at Christmastime.

It is a busy challenge, to be sure. Dr. Focker admitted that I am working a job he would never want to do, with no end hours, set duties, or help of any kind, and with other "employees" (my children) actually sabotaging my efforts in most cases, haha. I have done my duty as a parent at Christmas and taken my kids to local events, made sugar cutout cookies, encouraged them in their school singing, and even taken on choir for our church, which has been fun for me! I want voice lessons so badly, in order to improve. And a piano!

That's it for now. Onward!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear last week was so rough. Glad you got things hashed out and are feeling (emotionally and mentally) better though. I can't imagine hoisting that many heavy children around all the time - I was just grumbling this morning about feeling old and constantly aching, and I don't have extra humans hanging off me. Sounds like "group exercise" to me...

Nice job on the meal magic though, and many many congrats on paying off a credit card! Hope this week goes better for you. 

• Like 1

I am just completely losing sight of my physical fitness prioritizes lately. In fact, they are the LAST thing I feel like doing. And I do all kinds of crap instead. I even do the horrible dishes and house cleaning instead of yoga or working out! That has to say something about me, and I know it isn't good.

Challenge after challenge I make fitness goals that never really come to fruition. The most progress I saw was before I found out I was pregnant with my third. I was slamming out BBWW and mini challenges like I loved it. I know it is just the stage I am in right now. Back then I wasn't pregnant or breastfeeding, and the children were sleeping through the night. Now I am lucky if I get 2 consecutive hours asleep without interruptions. In fact, I even tried to take a nap two days ago with my younger two, leaving the oldest to watch a movie. He ended up getting into bathroom stuff and now I can't do that anymore...

Now for some positives: Still doing amazing with meal magic. Just when I start getting burnt out from cooking, Dr. Focker takes on some meals. And just when he hits walls with energy and creativity, I jump up all, "Not going to go out to eat, NO sir!" And cook something. I've done all the adulting and now I am gearing up for end of year - christmas cards, thank yous, and taxes. I've started catching up with the Giant on WK. And I have decided to drop the group exercise goal for now, since it does not help me at all on a personal level right now and just adds more for me to have to do with my kids when I am already maxed out.

So, three goals. Daily. Simplify and go for it. I so badly want to find my old yoga teacher from CA and film her practices, they are the only ones I want to do. She was so much slower paced and calmer, and she cared a lot about progression and building up/warming up to even the simplest poses. I can now do shoulder stands unafraid because of her. Anyway, let us see how I do this week.

• Like 4

I'm with ya on making physical fitness goals and then being all "nope. Kid is otherwise occupied, so instead of exercising, I'm gonna do icky dishes or laundry or just something *not* in my challenge". I don't really get it because I know my physical health is important, but all of that other stuff needs done too... So. Ugh.

Congrats on paying off the credit card! That's a wonderful feeling. :-)

• Like 2

Assassin

**Challenges**

Current Challenge: Black Daiquiri is Wonder Woman

Battle Log: Black Daiquiri battles the pink robots

Previous: 1514 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 76 | 5 | 4 | 321

On 12/17/2016 at 11:21 PM, Alexandrite said:

I know it is just the stage I am in right now. Back then I wasn't pregnant or breastfeeding, and the children were sleeping through the night. Now I am lucky if I get 2 consecutive hours asleep without interruptions. In fact, I even tried to take a nap two days ago with my younger two, leaving the oldest to watch a movie. He ended up getting into bathroom stuff and now I can't do that anymore...

Good self-awareness at least. If it's a stage, it will pass. Lack of sleep just wrecks the rest of life. 

On 12/17/2016 at 11:21 PM, Alexandrite said:

Now for some positives: Still doing amazing with meal magic. Just when I start getting burnt out from cooking, Dr. Focker takes on some meals. And just when he hits walls with energy and creativity, I jump up all, "Not going to go out to eat, NO sir!" And cook something. I've done all the adulting and now I am gearing up for end of year - christmas cards, thank yous, and taxes. I've started catching up with the Giant on WK. And I have decided to drop the group exercise goal for now, since it does not help me at all on a personal level right now and just adds more for me to have to do with my kids when I am already maxed out.

Woo hoo! Nice to have a system going, and to have each other's backs! And good call on dropping a goal that isn't working - once sleep improves, I'm sure you'll be back into it in no time. Hope you have a better week 3!

• Like 2

Merry Christmas, and probably new year too. I have managed to keep eating at home and my Japanese studies, but anything physical related has failed. Miserably. And of course the shark week returns after a 19 month hiatus, which just means all kinds of unexpected emotional fun and other things. I know you want to get back to normal, body, but this just isn't all that great of timing!

Anyway, I am going to take the last week off to figure out how I can be better at physical fitness instead of better at everything else BUT fitness. Kind of missing the point when using Nerd FITNESS. Haha.

• Like 2

I am completely with you. It's been 18+ months for any real fitness or me - despite my efforts to the contrary. I know I have to do something, but doing it is difficult to accomplish when trying to work it around a baby (and I only have one, so I have no idea how you manage!).

I'll keep following your challenges and let's hope we can get our fitness act together! :)

• Like 1

Assassin

**Challenges**

Current Challenge: Black Daiquiri is Wonder Woman

Battle Log: Black Daiquiri battles the pink robots

Previous: 1514 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 76 | 5 | 4 | 321

11 hours ago, Alexandrite said:

Merry Christmas, and probably new year too. I have managed to keep eating at home and my Japanese studies, but anything physical related has failed. Miserably. And of course the shark week returns after a 19 month hiatus, which just means all kinds of unexpected emotional fun and other things. I know you want to get back to normal, body, but this just isn't all that great of timing!

Anyway, I am going to take the last week off to figure out how I can be better at physical fitness instead of better at everything else BUT fitness. Kind of missing the point when using Nerd FITNESS. Haha.

Ouch, sorry the sharks are back. Merry Christmas to you and yours, as well, and grats on the Japanese and eating well goals! Don't discount your successes there - they've given you a good place to stand on, moving forward. Hope you get to feeling better. 

• Like 1