ixaera levels up the squadron~

freck

3o6ZtjqfB3mZehVBYs.gif

liliba, one of my ever-enduring conjurers, resting after a hard mission (100% chance of DOL materia on her!)

FFXIV-related, all about my #squadgoals
(To explain, because probably only @shaar will get it, FFXIV has grand companies you join to get seals and stuffs and when you're a high enough rank, you can have your own squadron of obedient NPCs. I'm hunting lalafells in reindeer suits, but I don't have a single one of those yet. SOMEDAY. The 3 attributes that determine squadron mission success are Physical, Mental, and Tactical.)

PHYSICAL

Lift 4x per week, excepting sickness or injury

Achieve a 10k step goal -- weekly average

Conditioning -- Either 10 min strongman stuff on arm days, or substitute with Darebee if not possible

MENTAL

Study 4x per week

Be creative 2x per week

Chill out 3x per week doing one of the following: yoga, adult coloring book, meditation, massage, read print book

(Reading print books as an effort to read my physical book collection, which I often ignore in favor of Kindle)

TACTICAL

Roll/stretch for at least 10 min 6x per week

1x yoga per week

Diet stuff: Maintenance with focus on not going over. Range is 1450-1600 as weekly average. 100 outside of range in either direction is a fail. C if range isn't hit in a smaller window.

Protein 95+g 6x per week as always

ENTER FATS: I've been doing quite well at protein for a little while, so I'm expanding into fats and carbs. I'm going to start at a goal of .6g per 1 lb bodyweight, or 64g. 58-68g as a daily goal. I'm also paying attention to saturated fat (yes, yes, I know, lots of nutrition opinions and studies in all kinds of directions, I'm doing self-science here). Note: I'm not grading the fat macro this time. I'm aiming for it, and will give myself bonus points if I manage it, but mostly observing what happens when I just do some simple trying to see what happens "naturally" when I try, and if I want to make additional tweaks to it next month or not.

How is this easier? It looks like a lot, Ix!

Yes, that's true. BUT notice the lack of adulting goals, replaced with a simple just plz study sometimes and maybe write a little goals, and some stuff specifically aimed at bringing my mind to a better place. I lowered the time requirement on mobility, and the yoga goal fulfills two goals. The introduction of fat macros isn't graded. There are no burpees (sorry, probably next time). So on the whole, easier than normal, hopefully hard enough to challenge me and easy enough not to burn me out.

• Like 12

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

I am SO TERRIBLE at Squadrons, everyone is at like level 25 but I still keep FAILING the level 20 mission, so I just kinda gave up *o*

Whatcha gonna do for creative-ness??

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

35 minutes ago, shaar said:

I am SO TERRIBLE at Squadrons, everyone is at like level 25 but I still keep FAILING the level 20 mission, so I just kinda gave up *o*

Whatcha gonna do for creative-ness??

A common complaint! Mine are all almost 50, but can barely do just a couple of the level 40 missions (and only if I tweak the training to get enough of whatever attribute is highest). The rank up missions are easier, at least. 

So far I'm not really sure what the point is, but after 40 or so you start getting chemistry bonuses that bring back expensive materia. so there's that.

Hoping something interesting happens at level max out~

For creative stuff I like to write (I'm really horrible at it and am too scared to share), and on the rare occasion I've played around with RPG maker and stuff, which I would totally count.

• Like 5

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

1 minute ago, ixaera said:

A common complaint! Mine are all almost 50, but can barely do just a couple of the level 40 missions (and only if I tweak the training to get enough of whatever attribute is highest). The rank up missions are easier, at least. 

So far I'm not really sure what the point is, but after 40 or so you start getting chemistry bonuses that bring back expensive materia. so there's that.

Hoping something interesting happens at level max out~

For creative stuff I like to write (I'm really horrible at it and am too scared to share), and on the rare occasion I've played around with RPG maker and stuff, which I would totally count.

I kept running out of those Maelstrom Points to do missions too, oy vey.  I'm also not sure what the point is!!  Maybe in a patch we will know....

OH, I had a recruit show up that looked like she was straight out of the Gold Saucer, Miqote with bunny ears and bustier!?!!?!  YOW OK NEATO.

AH I bet your writing is good!! ^__________________^

• Like 2

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

OH, I had a recruit show up that looked like she was straight out of the Gold Saucer, Miqote with bunny ears and bustier!?!!?!  YOW OK NEATO.

i had one of those too! I was tempted to keep her b/c my understanding is the costumed ones are kind of rare and they never change like the regular geared ones do (so no ugly Crystal Tower gear, but they might carry the ugly Titan weapons). Buuuutttttt I was like, do I really want that costume in my squad? Monsters might get the wrong idea......

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

FF is good at making you feel like you should be leveled enough for this are--oh look, I am dead.

Here, but you knew that already!

• Like 4

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

2 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I may have deliberately misread that in order to post a cute seal pic. 

I'm picturing a cartoonish villain with a big sack stuffing in baby seals...

• Like 4

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

6 minutes ago, Blocky said:

I'm picturing a cartoonish villain with a big sack stuffing in baby seals...

Hmmm...I posted a pic that shows up on my laptop, but is not showing up on my kindle.   

I am certainly able to be a cartoon villain!  Mwah-ha-ha...that sack would be awfully heavy.  Hey, maybe we could deadlift it?!  :-)

• Like 2

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

3 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I may have deliberately misread that in order to post a cute seal pic. 

I often ignore print books, too.  Interested to see how this works out for you. 

Following for the awesome that is sure to be this challenge!

I am all for cute seal pics~

33 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Hmmm...I posted a pic that shows up on my laptop, but is not showing up on my kindle.   

I am certainly able to be a cartoon villain!  Mwah-ha-ha...that sack would be awfully heavy.  Hey, maybe we could deadlift it?!  :-)

I was not able to see it *sadface*

But I have now googled "cute seal pics" and everything is good

Sacks of seals = new strongman event training????

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

6 hours ago, ixaera said:

Diet stuff: Maintenance with focus on not going over. Range is 1450-1600 as weekly average. 100 outside of range in either direction is a fail. C if range isn't hit in a smaller window.

Protein 95+g 6x per week as always

ENTER FATS: I've been doing quite well at protein for a little while, so I'm expanding into fats and carbs. I'm going to start at a goal of .6g per 1 lb bodyweight, or 64g. 58-68g as a daily goal. I'm also paying attention to saturated fat (yes, yes, I know, lots of nutrition opinions and studies in all kinds of directions, I'm doing self-science here). Note: I'm not grading the fat macro this time. I'm aiming for it, and will give myself bonus points if I manage it, but mostly observing what happens when I just do some simple trying to see what happens "naturally" when I try, and if I want to make additional tweaks to it next month or not.

Checking in and saying hi!  So it looks like you gave yourself a calorie target and a protein target and a flexible fat target and therefore you have a carb target.

600 = 4 x 150

576 = 9 x 64

380 = 4 x 95

----------------

1556 Total or something like that.

I really like the idea of tracking and exploring. :D

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

17 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

600 = 4 x 150

576 = 9 x 64

380 = 4 x 95

----------------

1556 Total or something like that.

This is just about it. My math was based on a 1g to bodyweight lb ratio, so closer to a 106g goal (give or take a couple lbs, depending on how long ago Thanksgiving was). I just leave the minimum at 95g, because it's more than good enough for my purposes. The difference is small popotos[1]. The carb and protein numbers may differ day to day, because I'm not necessarily limiting protein, and carbs are basically the filler macro in this set up.

[1] This is Eorzean[2] potatoes

[2] Eorzea is the place FFXIV is set in

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

18 hours ago, ixaera said:

Yes, that's true. BUT notice the lack of adulting goals, replaced with a simple just plz study sometimes and maybe write a little goals, and some stuff specifically aimed at bringing my mind to a better place. I lowered the time requirement on mobility, and the yoga goal fulfills two goals. The introduction of fat macros isn't graded. There are no burpees (sorry, probably next time). So on the whole, easier than normal, hopefully hard enough to challenge me and easy enough not to burn me out.

#noadulting :D 

• Like 1

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

13 hours ago, ixaera said:

The difference is small popotos[1].

Don't you mean LALAFELL??!

tumblr_nrji2zoEi31uww35ro1_500.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shaar said:

Don't you mean LALAFELL??!

tumblr_nrji2zoEi31uww35ro1_500.gif

That face gets me

every. time.

It's true the Lalafellan popoto is higher in protein and sweeter, but there is less crying when we eat Dalamud popotos instead~

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

3483io2.png

overseeing their instruction. That's Liliba again in the glowy blue outfit--her clothes leveled up when she turned 50! My avatar is the scruffy blond catboy.

PHYSICAL

Lift: Nope, it's squat day and I'm not cleared yet, but HOPEFULLY tomorrow!

Steps: 11,813 today (as of now)

Conditioning: N/A today

MENTAL

Study: Not today

Be creative: Yes, one hour working on writing project

Chill out: Nope, I had PTO today so I hardly needed to chill anyway

TACTICAL

Roll/stretch for at least 10 min: Yes (going to be focusing squat mobility a lot this challenge)

Yoga: N/A today

Diet stuff: 1475 today; weekly average: 1475

Protein: 105g

FATS: 42g | 9g satfat

Weekly Scorecard

Physical: 0/4, 0/1, 0/2

Mental: 0/4, 1/2, 0/3

Tactical: 1/6, 0/1, 0/1, 1/6

Strong first day. New things I'm learning about fat macro is that wow it's hard to keep saturated fat low without keeping the total fat low huh. So it ended up kind of a carby day.

JP20130724_1.jpg

Carbuncle LOVES carby days

Tweaks to be made, but I think i can manage to do better on that fat goal. Today I can say I was getting some carb crashes (probably more due to the 2 servings of dried fruit which is kinda sugary than the complex carbs like my sprouted grain english muffin with blackberry jalapeno jam wow that was good). 

• Like 7

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

9 hours ago, ixaera said:

Strong first day. New things I'm learning about fat macro is that wow it's hard to keep saturated fat low without keeping the total fat low huh. So it ended up kind of a carby day.

Tweaks to be made, but I think i can manage to do better on that fat goal. Today I can say I was getting some carb crashes (probably more due to the 2 servings of dried fruit which is kinda sugary than the complex carbs like my sprouted grain english muffin with blackberry jalapeno jam wow that was good). 

My problem is that I don't really love lean proteins. Seafood I am so meh about. And after three days of chicken breast looking at it makes me to eat a mountain of cheese. 

What kinds of protein do you typically eat? 

• Like 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

13 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

My problem is that I don't really love lean proteins. Seafood I am so meh about. And after three days of chicken breast looking at it makes me to eat a mountain of cheese. 

What kinds of protein do you typically eat? 

Chicken breast, chicken thigh mostly. Ground turkey and baked fish here and there. Sometimes I get fancy and do pork or lamb or beef, but it's more rare, so I'm a pretty good testing ground for lean-type diets already :) Most of my fat intake usually ends up coming from chocolate or butter or cheese, so that's really what's getting shuffled around with this challenge.

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Woop! Cleared to start lifting again! She said take it easy (of course) at first, and fix my form (of course). Both of which were on the But Obviously Plan anyway. (I'm sure there's a slew of gymbros who come through there with no idea how on earth they bust themselves up, so I appreciate that they make sure to say such things.)

• Like 10

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram