Animuse wrangles the Rangerbrain

animuse

So last challenge I was LITERALLY trying to do all the things - parkour, rings, handstands (I didn't mention that one, I fell on my head yesterday XD ), weight lifting, sugar balance, etc. etc. So this upcoming challenge will be about stripping away the unnecessary, including some mental blocks about hitting some weight goals I've been eyeing - I'm 10lb away both from bodyweight lb squats and a 175 deadlift, and feeling the "I Cant's" creeping up. I know I can do this, I just need the mental fortitude to do so.

So this challenge I'm going to aim more simply, and allow myself some flexibility:

Challenge 1: Hit 175 PR on deadlift - starting max at 165 (suspected 1RM ~195 per calculations) - Complete!

Challenge 2: Hit 135 PR on back squat - starting max at 125 - Complete!

Challenge 3: Yoga every day in December, min 10 minutes.

5/27 ;_;

Challenge 4: Non-yoga workout 4x per week, with recommended schedule being S, M, W, F

Week 1: 3/4

Week 2: 3/4

Week 3: 4/4

Week 4: 

• Like 1

Welp, the daily December yoga just dinged one of my challenges :3

• Like 1

And I might have to adjust the first two - something twinged in my back at gym on Wednesday and now it's soooooore :

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

So this is the first opportunity I've had to post since the challenge started.

This is me:

kitty-whack-a-mole1.gif

I'm giving myself negative points for Ranger!Brain, because I overdid organizing the holiday party this week and have been up waaay too late prepping (...I'm making my coworkers do a 1920s mystery larp. I made 29 individual characters. I'm insane). It's tomorrow though so I'm hoping things calm down a bit after that. By that I mean sleep. Blessed sleep. 

Also when I went to the gym this week, I realized I hit 135 back squat last week when I twigged my back (At least, I think I did. I don't know how much the squat row machine weighs, but I put 60 on each side. I'm pretty sure it's more than 15). Uhhh. Well. I guess that's done? Let's hit 140, so I'm officially over bodyweight for sure :3

Oh and my back is much better. Didn't get to back squat yesterday (curse you, busy gym) but hit other back exercises and my back was tight, but no pain, so yey!

I'm already slipping on yoga :/ But planning on doing that tonight. I've been running prep on high gear, so I look up and it's 1 and I should sleep instead of yoga :/

It's Friday. Feeling a little bit like this:

BEzp2Ec.gif

Who knew accidentally running a larp with a group of nearly 30 non-gamers would be so exhausting?

Oh. Right. No, that's me. I knew that would happen -_-;;;

But it went really well! I feel kinda like this part though...

I kinda flopped one section and some parts went for too long. But all in all I think people had fun. Best compliment was, "I'd say this was the best Holiday Party ever, but it was ...more than that!"

Notation to invite co-worker to LARPing events.. check. ^_^

And I sugar splurged - as one of our holiday gifts they gave us a smallish bundt cake. I split it with my husband, but I can definitely tell I'm sugar sensitive - I could barely taste that it had a cream cheese frosting, it almost tasted like straight up buttercream. I'm calling that my 10% of 20% for the week, I'd been planning to splurge because I knew I would need the energy for the event, but didn't get time to eat, and I'm considering the half my "job well done" reward and moving on.

Anyway, exhausted now - in a way that tells me DO NOT GO TO THE GYM. So we'll go in the morning. And I'm going to go read until I pass out x_x But maybe yoga first ^_^

Sleep is a thing what is important. I feel much better O.o

Other than going to the gym twice, I've basically played Yoshi's Wooly World, a bit of StarCraft, and ran a couple of errands. This is giving me that itchy I HAVEN'T DONE ENOUGH feeling, but I'm trying to learn to quell that voice. I've got A Thing to do each night during the weekday, so I'll be busy enough.

Speaking of itching, tonight was the first night I got to the gym since the weekend. But I did PT check in to go over what we're working on next month, and my body fat dropped another pound so woot!

15th?! Ughhhh... Ok so-

Challenge 1: Hit 175 PR on deadlift - starting max at 165 (suspected 1RM ~195 per calculations)

DING! 

Like a boss.

Did 3 reps tonight despite not having deadlifted in about a week and a half because of schedule changes. And also did the rest of my workout. 

mlfw7645-fluttershy___fusroyay___flutter

Challenge 2: Hit 135 PR on back squat - starting max at 125

This is in the "I'm not sure?" category, so I'll try to make a confirmation next week at gym on Wednesday.

Challenge 3: Yoga every day in December, min 10 minutes.

59390082.jpg

More like once a week :P

Challenge 4: Non-yoga workout 4x per week, with recommended schedule being S, M, W, F

Sundays: yes!

Mondays: ...meh.

Wednesdays: yes!

Friday: yes!

Being Lazy as a lifegoal: Yes! I've been trying not to do stuff (and also having winter hermitage), soooo... I've not been at all productive, which makes me itchy XD

135 squat has been hit! :D

And it was light? I only did one but felt like I could do 5

Also used a belt for the first time, not sure if that helped o.o

I felt like I could do 5 so I diiiiiiid ^_^ Also upped my assisted pullup, so now I'm pulling 95 at 3x5 - only 40 more to go!