Jord - tackles inertia

2018 Goals:

1) Fitness Honesty (food, tracking, workouts)

2) Develop work leadership skills (read books, listen to podcasts, implement ideas)

2018 Battle Log:
January | February
  |  March

I have an instagram for NF stuff, and if you message me, I will more than likely add you. 

May 2017 PRs: Squat: 135, Bench: 82, Deadlift: 195, Trap Bar Deadlift: 225

Sept 6 2017 PRs: Squat: 140, Bench: 80, Deadlift: 196, Trap Bar: 205 (different trap bar)

Oct 23 2017 PRs: Squat: 155, Bench: 85, Deadlift: 205, Trap Bar Deadlift: 220

June 2018: Bench 90

Lifting Notes: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Goals:

1. Be more on top of my game at work - be the person that people say gets her shit done

2. Body re-composition, get to 183# and stay there while building strength (do the program)

January 1 2017 | February 1 2017 | March 1 2017 | April 1 2017 | May -  surgery/ illness break | June 1 2017 | July 2017 - medical break | September 2017 | October 2017 | Nov/Dec Get Comfortable with the Uncomfortable 2017

tumblr_m06c9at47S1qf2gc6.gif

Challenges: { 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17}

• Like 4

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Updated Note, Stardate, January 30, 2017

I've gotten back on track but I am keeping the battle log going because I like that it can be a repository for my workouts and my thoughts on my weight management and fun diet experiments. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Original First Post from November 28, 2016: 

I've been totally out of sorts with my health and fitness since life got hectic in October (read: taking a class and wedding planning). The wedding is on Saturday and then my class ends on Dec 19. And my scale weight has been creeping up. The holidays and giant feasts are not helping any either.

-------------------------------------------------------

Stardate... today...

Went grocery shopping yesterday and bought stuff for meals including 3 bags of prepped salad and some frozen vegetables. Going to try to make this week not be a crapshoot. Although today is not off to a great starts. I woke up late for work and grabbed a piece of cold pizza from the fridge. (There was an awesome backyard wedding shower for us on Saturday and we got sent home with a whole pizza.) So all I've had for breakfast is a slice of medium pepperoni pizza. I'll have to buy more food at work at the cafeteria and force myself to walk down to the one that has the salad bar for lunch. 

Dinner is a beef roast in the crockpot that I marinated overnight with this, and we'll have salad and baked potato with it. 

First planned workout is Wednesday. Tonight I have a group meeting for my class and a wedding dance lesson. Tuesday we are picking up stuff like alcohol and plastic plates from Costco. Goal for Wednesday is just some cardio. 

• Like 2

YAY found! Battle Logs FTW, I didn't know if I had energy for a real challenge this month, or anything more than a bit of fluff lol I cheer you on girl! And if you need any off site accountability I'm always here, just let me know :D 

2 hours ago, RedStone said:

YAY found! Battle Logs FTW, I didn't know if I had energy for a real challenge this month, or anything more than a bit of fluff lol I cheer you on girl! And if you need any off site accountability I'm always here, just let me know :D 

2 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Following!

Thank you! Mainly I just want to stick with it and get things a bit under control. Plus all my online free time had morphed into planning for the big day and away from fitness stuff. So I'll be glad to have back that time for NF and stalking admiring powerlifters on instagram. 

Had chicken noodle soup and salad for lunch but I didn't finish the salad because I dropped a piece of lettuce on my desk and when I picked it up there was a bug. The bug might have come from under my computer but not likely. I tried to convince myself that bugs are natural but once I get queasy it is hard to turn back. 

bAQeLGG.gif

• Like 5

Tracked all of my food yesterday and I had salad at lunch and dinner. I went over on calories due to poor planning, but it was still probably less than what I have been eating on average for the last two weeks.

tumblr_nrhvc5LvQu1qdqyxho2_500.gif

We picked up some beer (two kinds) to taste test for the second keg for Saturday. So I had a bottle of Moose Drool that put me over the top of the calorie chart. 

Weight finally did not go up when I weighed in this morning. Now to see it start coming down... 

Food plan for today: 

Breakfast: ate one piece of wheat bread with PB and brought leftover homemade mac and cheese

Lunch: dinner leftovers of crockpot beef, baked potato, and chopped salad. Didn't bring any butter or sour cream for potato, I'll just have it with the salad. 

Dinner: frozen roasted vegetable lasagna

Working on a plan to go to the gym tomorrow evening because I also have other to-do items. I'm going to do it first so I don't get too tired lazy to do it later in the evening.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Weight finally did not go up when I weighed in this morning

Progress, right??

When I was new to dieting and weight loss, I failed to see the progress in maintenance. My weight had been going up for years, and all I could focus on was how it wasn't going down, which was very bad for my peace of mind! But yeah, if the norm is UP, then no change is actually movement in the proper direction still~

(Over cals on account of beer is a favorite of mine, too. XD )

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Progress, right??

When I was new to dieting and weight loss, I failed to see the progress in maintenance. My weight had been going up for years, and all I could focus on was how it wasn't going down, which was very bad for my peace of mind! But yeah, if the norm is UP, then no change is actually movement in the proper direction still~

(Over cals on account of beer is a favorite of mine, too. XD )

It's mainly just been the last few weeks when the stress and holiday parties ramped up that the weight went up. Before that I was maintaining in Sept/Oct (when I stopped doing the challenges). I'll definitely need this battle log to get back on track and make it through the holidays. 

I agree it is bad for the piece of mind. I keep having to remind myself that 5# of weight gain isn't permanent and I can course correct at any time I stop being a sloth. 

I think a week or two of proper eating should help cut down the bloat. 

I'm sure exercising won't hurt either. ;)

• Like 2

Stardate... Wednesday

I'm still feeling really bloated from salt. But with the wedding on Saturday foods are more so "quick" foods and so salt is a thing. The plan for today is to try to drink extra water to compensate until next week. Goal is 3-4 bottles of water, mine are 22 oz. 

Food plan: 

Breakfast: grabbed a vanilla greek yogurt and two frozen mini bean burritos

Lunch: going out with co-workers and I'm going to get a salad with chicken 

Dinner: probably chicken alfredo with peas and some extra frozen vegetables

Tuesday's food (calories) ended up being only slightly better than Monday and I didn't even have beer to blame! The main culprit was snacking while the lasagna took forever to bake.

giphy.gif

Today I am aiming for 2000 calories or less. 

• Like 3

Wait wait wait... the wedding Saturday? As in THIS Saturday?????? LIEUSrylesglKSJDhf ;PIweau liahgfKj~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

IT'S YOURRRR WEDDING?! eeeeeeeeeeeeeep

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

OMG so exciting!!!! I mean, I knew it was coming up and you were busy and then you're back and then THE WEDDING IS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!! GAH!!!!

Okay, well awesomeness obvs, and hey yo, have an incredible trip! Where are you going? Next week, new stuff. Indeed. ALL THE EXCITE!!!

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

IT'S YOURRRR WEDDING?! eeeeeeeeeeeeeep

20 minutes ago, RedStone said:

OMG so exciting!!!! I mean, I knew it was coming up and you were busy and then you're back and then THE WEDDING IS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!! GAH!!!!

Okay, well awesomeness obvs, and hey yo, have an incredible trip! Where are you going? Next week, new stuff. Indeed. ALL THE EXCITE!!!

THANKS! I felt like I had to come back to NF early for my SANITY. 

We were gifted a trip to a town nearby. Which works out because then I don't have the added stress of traveling far while planning a wedding in less than 4 months. 

The town is Frankenmuth. It's called "little bavaria" and is also like the Christmas capitol of everywhere. So it will be all decked out to the nines for the holidays. We just got our first tree together as a couple last year so we are going to get some cool stuff for the tree while we are there. http://www.frankenmuth.org/frankenmuth/#/gallery/recent 

T-minus like 4 days until chocolate, cheese, dark beer and twinkle lights! Next stop on this gravy train is the cheese haus!

• Like 2

that looks so cute! and seriously? chocolate, cheese, dark beer and twinkle lights?! you're going to have a BLAST!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Survived wedding weekend! Everything was awesome and perfect. 

I feel like I've dropped 3 lbs in the last 24 hours from the stress of wedding planning being over. But it was all worth it. Even missing the gym for 2 months was probably worth it. 

Had hotel breakfast this morning and kept it moderate. I'm not restricting anything while I'm out of town but just trying not to get so full I feel uncomfortable. #belgianwaffles

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I feel like I've dropped 3 lbs in the last 24 hours from the stress of wedding planning being over. But it was all worth it. Even missing the gym for 2 months was probably worth it. 

Had hotel breakfast this morning and kept it moderate. I'm not restricting anything while I'm out of town but just trying not to get so full I feel uncomfortable. #belgianwaffles

OMGOMGOMGOMG YOU'RE MARRIED NOW!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! 

Ok, not going overboard... have a great trip! Enjoy!!!! Life will be here when you get back! <3 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

sooooo happy to hear everything was awesome and perfect, how could it not be with you as the bride?!

11 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Ok, not going overboard... have a great trip! Enjoy!!!! Life will be here when you get back! <3 

basically this ^ :D

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

On 12/5/2016 at 11:20 AM, RedStone said:

On 12/5/2016 at 11:35 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

sooooo happy to hear everything was awesome and perfect, how could it not be with you as the bride?!

Thank yous to yous both!

I'm officially back from the honeymoon and back in the office. I have 200 emails.... so this is just a quick check in to report I'll be working on my plan to resume business (fitness) as usual. Regularly scheduled updates will start tomorrow or Saturday. Whenever I've sifted to through the madness of work emails and boxes of wedding decorations. 

• Like 1

aw, good luck! welcome back :)

Instagram | pinterest

57 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

aw, good luck! welcome back :)

Thanks! I have a break from my desk because I'm getting an iron infusion. (Insert joke about pumping iron here.) the perk of working in a medical center is that I can just stroll down to most of my medical appointments. 

Food update: didn't even bother to weigh myself this morning because I'm sure I'm restaurant food salt bloated. Tomorrow I'll see and then set a cut goal of pounds per week for the next month. Food tracking starts back up today. I do have a work holiday party at lunch though, and I have no idea what will be served. We shall see! I'm hoping for middle eastern food like last year. Falafel and hummus, swoooon.

Also, typing with one thumb on my phone is less than fun. 

• Like 3

O hai. Life exploded for me, you got married, and now here we are. Congrats on the wedding, how are you feeling now? 

Also, I will follow~

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

On 12/9/2016 at 2:15 PM, Urgan said:

O hai. Life exploded for me, you got married, and now here we are. Congrats on the wedding, how are you feeling now? 

Also, I will follow~

Feeling less stressed and anxious. Weight is starting to come back down, it was scary high after the honeymoon salt bloat.

Also, I drank rum yesterday for fun not because I was going to pull my hair out! We got 10 inches of snow so we had a fun indoor day and rum seemed appropriate. 

I had a moment of truth this morning though. It was time to break out the winter dress pants. You know the kind that are only slightly thicker so we delude ourselves that we'll be warmer? and they are tiiiiight. I can wear them but there is some muffin top action going. 

bcd.jpg

Goal is to lose 1/2 pound per week until I get back to my pre-wedding planning weight. I'll weigh in here on Fridays. Last time I did that I included data on things like weekly calories and salt, but I'll probably just start with weight. 

• Like 4