Jord - tackles inertia

nice job tracking over the weekend! and your averages still look pretty great for the week as a whole. moar fiber moar better.

i actually don't pre-cut vegs! buuuut i typically get pre-washed roughly chopped vegs from the store so my work is already CUT in half. badumtsssssss

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

medium.gif?1454573608

(made an executive decision, this is gonna be an x-files theme week)

Monday:

Let's get uncomfortable:

- I spoke up about a couple of things at work that I didn't understand how to do/interpret. It's too easy to just try to muddle through something instead of speaking up and admitting you are confused. But I admitted it anyway.

- I forgot to put my sandwich for dinner in the work fridge so I ended up eating it at 2:30. But despite that I still stuck to my calories.

- 1959 cals, 117g protein, 39g fiber

Other stuff:

- I'm struggling to drink water, yet again. If I can go two weeks without work snacks and booze and get into those habits then I'll add in water as a new goal. I'll still try to be mindful but I'm not tracking another thing yet.

- Finally got back into the gym! New (SI recovery) program, who dis?

Monday BB Club

(first three exercises were sort of a triple superset)

Squat

Set 1: 55 lb × 5

Set 2: 65 lb × 5

Set 3: 80 lb × 5

Set 4: 90 lb × 5

Floor Press (DB)

Set 1: 15 lb × 10

Set 2: 15 lb × 10

Band Pull Aparts

Set 1: 10 reps

Set 2: 10 reps

Sorinex Leg Curl

Set 1: 6 reps

Set 2: 6 reps

Split Squats (Goblet)

Set 1: 17.5 lb × 6

Set 2: 17.5 lb × 6

ARC Trainer

Set 1: 8 min

SI joint started to feel like making itself known after 8 min, so I called it good. Because my new workouts are shorter, I will slowly increase the arc trainer portion as my body allows.

Days successful this week:

Back stretches:        [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Under 2000 cals:     [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

0 Booze:                    [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] 

Frugal:                       [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

No Work Snacks:     [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

15 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

nice job tracking over the weekend! and your averages still look pretty great for the week as a whole. moar fiber moar better.

fiber, does a body good! I'm actually not trying that hard to plan my daily fiber. Instead I'm trying to just have similar breakfasts everyday that are fiber rich so I don't have to think about it, lol. So I just have a mix and match of fiber breakfast items I eat.

i actually don't pre-cut vegs! buuuut i typically get pre-washed roughly chopped vegs from the store so my work is already CUT in half. badumtsssssss

I see. :P Werkin' the system.

• Like 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

yassssssssss! xfiles! bb club! getting answers! awesome monday

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

13 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I spoke up about a couple of things at work that I didn't understand how to do/interpret. It's too easy to just try to muddle through something instead of speaking up and admitting you are confused. But I admitted it anyway.

Congrats! This is so hard!

I'm new too so I'm in a similar boat, especially supporting a vast and buggy product that random stuff breaks weird things for all the time. It seems like I just have to work tickets until I remember that X weird thing causes Y weird thing and you fix it by doing Z which seems unrelated but works.

Woot!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

xfiles-104-heels.gif

Tuesday (yoga) things:

- I talked to @RedStone about how I want to do yoga 1x week but I can't afford to go back to classes. I mentioned I used to workout at home all the time when I had a huge living room. (Between post-accident PT and powerlifting was first "walk away the pounds" dvds and then progressed to fitnessblender.com workouts.) Red and I talked about the room I use for my sewing/computer and she helped me come up with ideas - suggesting a "magic yoga forest" theme, which I actually love love love.

Soooo, when I got home, I made myself start working on it by cleaning, organizing, and hanging some art I had laying around. I need to hang some more things over this week. After I get paid the plan is more plants (already had three in there), string lights, and probably sewing some curtains (room just has horizontal blinds). The computer is in there, so I can play yoga internet vids in there. Taking suggestions? (taking a peak, it looks like fitnessblender has some yoga/stretch vids)

-1981 calories, 114g protein, 42g fiber

Days successful this week:

Back stretches:        [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Under 2000 cals:     [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

0 Booze:                    [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] 

Frugal:                       [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

No Work Snacks:     [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

* I had snacks at work yesterday but I realized dinner was going to be short on calories (healthy bavarian lentil & veg soup with ham) so I let myself have snacks as long as I stayed within my calorie goal and didn't have to cut out any planned food.

9 hours ago, ixaera said:

I'm new too so I'm in a similar boat, especially supporting a vast and buggy product that random stuff breaks weird things for all the time. It seems like I just have to work tickets until I remember that X weird thing causes Y weird thing and you fix it by doing Z which seems unrelated but works.

I'm doing a lot of things in excel and re-learning tricks I forgot and googling new things, so i totally feel you on the trial and error. Outside of that it's that I'm learning all new stuff because I switched to working within sort of the industrial and operations engineering department and there is a whole (profession-based) language to learn. I came from the medical side of campus and new that language well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

- I talked to @RedStone about how I want to do yoga 1x week but I can't afford to go back to classes. I mentioned I used to workout at home all the time when I had a huge living room. (Between post-accident PT and powerlifting was first "walk away the pounds" dvds and then progressed to fitnessblender.com workouts.) Red and I talked about the room I use for my sewing/computer and she helped me come up with ideas - suggesting a "magic yoga forest" theme, which I actually love love love.

I'm excited to see what you do!! (PICTS PLEASEEE) Sprucing up a dedicated, or even semi dedicated space helps me with a new practice for sure. 

giphy.gif

(At first I typed in "fairy magic forrest" and this came up... oh no!)

giphy.gif

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Soooo, when I got home, I made myself start working on it by cleaning, organizing, and hanging some art I had laying around. I need to hang some more things over this week. After I get paid the plan is more plants (already had three in there), string lights, and probably sewing some curtains (room just has horizontal blinds). The computer is in there, so I can play yoga internet vids in there. Taking suggestions? (taking a peak, it looks like fitnessblender has some yoga/stretch vids)

i looooove this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

she's funny and down to earth. her videos are definitely more geared towards beginners but i usually do yoga for the stretchy not the sweaty.

also i went back and stole your excel format for tracking weight (except i'm using it for calories!) thanksssssssss

NicCageImGoingToStealIt.gif

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

5 hours ago, RedStone said:

I'm excited to see what you do!! (PICTS PLEASEEE) Sprucing up a dedicated, or even semi dedicated space helps me with a new practice for sure. 

yes of course. unfortunately I didn't take a true before (like I did with the one shit hallway closet!) But I can take a before at this mid-way pre-full-decor status and keep you on the updates. ;) As you know I already started looking at fabric before I can even afford fabric.... 

5 hours ago, RedStone said:

giphy.gif

(At first I typed in "fairy magic forrest" and this came up... oh no!)

giphy.gif

blog_image_3822_4926_Webcomic_Name_April_Fools_Day_201703231756.jpg

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

she's funny and down to earth. her videos are definitely more geared towards beginners but i usually do yoga for the stretchy not the sweaty.

also i went back and stole your excel format for tracking weight (except i'm using it for calories!) thanksssssssss

NicCageImGoingToStealIt.gif

I'm definitely going to check that out! I've seen people recommend her often across various internet platforms. And I'm definitely looking for beginner, lol, cuz my body be trollin' me.

You can steal #allthespreadsheets .

• Like 2

tumblr_o47ypd9xXT1qzytqto2_500.gif

(farfit gym with it's lack of people and plethora of equipment, calling my name)

Wednesday:

- I hit a traffic jam on the way to farfit that rerouted me close to my home, so I almost went to powerhouse. But I had mentally committed to driving to farfit and I'm trying to stay in my lifting habit post-injury. I got to farfit and... my workout only took 40 min. It was still worth it though. Especially since I had TRX lateral squats (cassock squats) and I apparently didn't know the fuck how to do those without adult supervision.

- 1902 cals, 114g protein, 41g fiber

yoga forest room update

- hung one more painting and did a 15 min video off fitnessblender last night

- goal to start is going to be two 15 min sessions per week

- looked at curtains in local buy/sell groups and found a couple I'm interested in, one set is only $10. both sets are long enough that I could trim the bottom and make curtains for the second window. to buy the fabric alone to make my own would be $5/yard+. ETA: the $10 set was sold and never deleted, but I'll also check the local thrift stores before I make an offer on the other set.

January 22 - 28:

Back stretches:        [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Under 2000 cals:     [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

0 Booze:                    [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] 

Frugal:                       [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

No Work Snacks:     [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ]

• Like 2

Wednesday BB Club

(first three tripleset)

Bench Press
Set 1: 45 lb × 5
Set 2: 50 lb × 5
Set 3: 60 lb × 5
Set 4: 45 lb × 5

Box Squats
Set 1: 15 lb × 10
Set 2: 15 lb × 10

Step Ups
Set 1: 0 lb × 10 --12"
Set 2: 0 lb × 10 --14"

Physioball Roll-outs 
Set 1: 9 reps
Set 2: 9 reps

TRX Lateral Squat
Set 1: 5 reps
Set 2: 5 reps

ARC Trainer
Set 1: 0.3 mi | 10 min

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I finally clicked on this and just saw the 30 days of yoga! (the one from 3 years ago, not the one from recently that sounds too fru fru for me lol) That sounds like a cool thing to do while my strength workouts are low intensity. But I'm not sure if I can commit to 30 min a day. Maybe a February challenge to do 2x week.

17 minutes ago, Urgan said:

How did your gym session feel? I trust your SI didn't protest terribly much?

It went pretty well. I can feel my SI a little today but it ain't bad. Of course, I'm sure avoiding all deadlifting is the big facter. The plan is after I finish this 5 week block is to introduce the trap bar deadlift and see how that feels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

It went pretty well. I can feel my SI a little today but it ain't bad. Of course, I'm sure avoiding all deadlifting is the big facter. The plan is after I finish this 5 week block is to introduce the trap bar deadlift and see how that feels.

Just gotta do what you can. A little discomfort ain't no thing. Hopefully you are able to reintroduce deadlifting without any back-sassery.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I finally clicked on this and just saw the 30 days of yoga! (the one from 3 years ago, not the one from recently that sounds too fru fru for me lol) That sounds like a cool thing to do while my strength workouts are low intensity. But I'm not sure if I can commit to 30 min a day. Maybe a February challenge to do 2x week.

yes! she does those 30 day things every once in awhile. i really just find random videos that suits the amount of time i want to spend. she does get a little bit into good breathing techniques, mindfulness, and intentions BUT it's completely not overpowering in any video i've watched. most of the time she even says it's okay if you can't think of any intention but wanting to do yoga for the next 10 minutes. she makes jokes and her dog is adorable. 

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

20 hours ago, Urgan said:

Just gotta do what you can. A little discomfort ain't no thing. Hopefully you are able to reintroduce deadlifting without any back-sassery.

Thanks!

19 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yes! she does those 30 day things every once in awhile. i really just find random videos that suits the amount of time i want to spend. she does get a little bit into good breathing techniques, mindfulness, and intentions BUT it's completely not overpowering in any video i've watched. most of the time she even says it's okay if you can't think of any intention but wanting to do yoga for the next 10 minutes. she makes jokes and her dog is adorable. 

I like the sound of that already! I meant to try a session last night but the stars and my feels did not align. I'm definitely going to on Saturday though!

I'm pretty sure I can always think of an intention because my brain runs a mile a minute like a freight train, lol.

• Like 1

anigif_original-25373-1444763336-24.gif

Thursday

I ate my feels to the tune of 2300 total calories yesterday and then I woke up this morning and shark week has begun. So I guess there is some order to the universe after all? Then I proceeded to put on pants I wear all the time and was mortified to find they were almost uncomfortably tight. What is this sorcery? Fortunately it dawned on me they had just been washed and dried. But still, I'm feeling much like a bloated puffer fish this morning.

Just in time for going out for trivia night tonight. I think the goal for today is to get reeeaaaaal comfortable with the uncomfortable and stick with 1900 calories and no booze. On the upside there is a lantern lit hike we are going to before trivia, so that should put me in the healthy mindset. That and I feel constipated so I shouldn't be super hungry.

- 2300 cals, 100g protein, 30g fiber

New plan is when I get a snacks craving at work I have to drink a bottle of water.

January 22 - 28:

Back stretches:        [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Under 2000 cals:     [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ o ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

0 Booze:                    [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] 

Frugal:                       [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

No Work Snacks:     [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ o ] [   ]

• Like 3

i am also feeling super bloated this morning and ate over maintenance yesterday AND also sharks for me. so i feel your pain. lantern hike and trivia sounds delightful!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

Corgi-Snow-Swing-GIF.gif

(snow puppies is this week's theme...)

Lo, the weekend has ended! I think it's time to roll out February goals:

- Under 1975 calories

- Drinking 1 time per week, no liquor at home (only wine or beer and the like), report periodically

- Be frugal, less than $10 per week of frivolous spending (exception is getting a pot for my work plant given to me by my sister, it's in the cheap plastic pot with the price tag on it, looking tacky in my office)

- two of my 22oz bottles of water per day

- 3x week 20 min of yoga

- keep reporting daily cals, protein, fiber

Changes:

- instead of no drinking, can drink one time per week, saving it for social thing if one is happening, and no liquor at home

- getting rid of no work snacks, but if I work snack it has to be within daily calories, so that 1975 cals captures both goals

Structure:
Jan 29 - Feb 4

1975 cals:      [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Frugal:            [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Water:             [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Yoga:              [   ] [   ] [   ]

Plan be looking like: (In reality I'm allowing third yoga to be any day Fri-Sun)

Monday Lifting
Tuesday Yoga
Wednesday Lifting
Thursday

Yoga

Friday Rest Day
Saturday Lifting & Yoga
Sunday Cardio
  • Like 5

Saturday BB Club

Squat

Set 1: 60 lb × 5

Set 2: 60 lb × 5

Set 3: 60 lb × 5

Notes: focus on speed and depth

Bench Press

Set 1: 70 lb × 4

Set 2: 70 lb × 5

Set 3: 70 lb × 5

Set 4: 70 lb × 5

Clamshells (Banded)

Set 1: 8 reps

Set 2: 8 reps

Set 3: 8 reps

Notes: Green band

Shoulder Press DB 1/2 Kneeling

Set 1: 20 lb × 5

Set 2: 20 lb × 5

Lat Pulldown

Set 1: 70 lb × 5

Set 2: 70 lb × 5

Frog Pumps

Set 1: 0 lb × 20

Set 2: 0 lb × 20

Sled Push/Pull

Set 1: 190 lb × 1

Set 2: 190 lb × 1

Notes: 60 yards push/pull per rep

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Changes:

- instead of no drinking, can drink one time per week, saving it for social thing if one is happening, and no liquor at home

- getting rid of no work snacks, but if I work snack it has to be within daily calories and not, so that 1975 cals captures both goals

IIFYM for life.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112