Jord - tackles inertia

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

feelings are humannnn, don't go too hard on yourself. today is a new day! let me see you do that yoga!

but but why can't we just be robots?

1 hour ago, MikeWazowski said:

Pizzaaaaaa.

giphy.gif

Feelings are hard, but you got this!

this gif speaks to my soul

thank you for the encouragement!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

7 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

but but why can't we just be robots?

Because then we would all be as boring as me.  

Although I try to remove feelings from the equation through the use of habits and planning, even I am only half vulcan.  The human half insists on needing constant signs of success to keep me motivated and even that can't control primal urges.  Try to mitigate these encounters through proper planning.  For instance on movie night, I know I'm going to have a small popcorn and drink part of a small soda.  I mitigate that by having a very small supper, usually nothing more than a salad. For a pizza night when you know you will be a glutton, perhaps a very light lunch and then a large salad before you go eat just to try to fill the stomach before the pizza.  Nothing wrong with an occassional food storm, Famous Dave's is my weakness.  But I plan accordingly and follow the plan.  Just mitigate, then enjoy.  

• Like 2

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

baby-walking-alone-in-the-middle-of-an-i

Restaurant bloat is still a thing. Even though I hiked 4 miles, and ate under maintenance yesterday, because I had a small amount of movie theater popcorn and had 5 wings at buffalo wild wings..... my weight went up 2# overnight. That's always fun. But it does give me a good reason to drink extra water today. Oh and the wings were so spicy I lost feeling in my lips for a little while there.

Speaking of water. I'm changing my water goal from drinking a certain amount of water to tracking my water, because at least for a while that needs to be a thing.

Friday: a little walking in the morning and did two sessions of Yoga with Adrienne 30 day program (each were 16 min but counting that as my last two)

Saturday: lifting & arc trainer

Sunday: hiked 4 miles on icy snow in ice traction gear

You guys, the leg DOMS are for real and I have squats today.

Feb 12 - Feb 18 REPORT TIME

• 1950 cals:      [ x ] [ o ] [ x ] [ o ] [ x ] [ o ] [ o ] (although the exact target was not successful last week the average was 2094 total and 1697 net, not far off, and that's the lowest net calories yet, so plenty of exercise. I fully believe once the PMS bloat comes off over this week, that weight will be on point)
  • Frugal:            [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ o ] [ x ] (got a sleeping bag)
  • Water:             [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ o ] (new goal will be to track water in my water app)
  • Yoga:              [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]

On 2/16/2018 at 9:09 PM, peelout said:

Although I try to remove feelings from the equation through the use of habits and planning, even I am only half vulcan.  The human half insists on needing constant signs of success to keep me motivated and even that can't control primal urges.  Try to mitigate these encounters through proper planning.  For instance on movie night, I know I'm going to have a small popcorn and drink part of a small soda.  I mitigate that by having a very small supper, usually nothing more than a salad. For a pizza night when you know you will be a glutton, perhaps a very light lunch and then a large salad before you go eat just to try to fill the stomach before the pizza.  Nothing wrong with an occassional food storm, Famous Dave's is my weakness.  But I plan accordingly and follow the plan.  Just mitigate, then enjoy.  

*fist bump*

• Like 4

oDmMJ3q.gif

Monday, Captain's Log:

I had a very low energy day yesterday. (If I'm honest with myself I felt down in the dumps.) I don't think I gave myself enough down time over the weekend. I really don't do well if I people both days on the weekend. I need more time at home recharging my batteries than I gave myself. I'm supposed to go to the movies again on Sunday but if I'm still feeling like a ghost by Friday I'm just going to stay home for the day.

I almost decided by the end of the workday Monday to just go home and do nothing. But I made my tired DOMSy self go to farfit. I did almost my whole workout, I skipped sorniex leg curls cuz hamstring doms. It turns out if you hike 4 miles on ice, your whole body is sore from fighting gravity. Who knew? The rest of the workout was:

Squats

DB Floor Press

Band Pull-Aparts

Goblet Split Squats

Arc Trainer

Goals for today: grocery shopping & yoga

and I making hoisin sauce pork (added a little sriracha and soy sauce) in the crockpot for dinner so I'll make rice and broccoli when I get home.

February 19 - 25

1950 cals:      [ o ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] (needed extra cals to fix my body, but was still under maintenance)

Frugal:            [ x ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ]

Track Water:  [ x ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ]

Yoga:              [  ] - [  ] - [  ]

• Like 2

On 2/19/2018 at 7:10 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

baby-walking-alone-in-the-middle-of-an-i

hahahahahaha wut

sorry you were feeling down yesterday. busy weekends can make me feel like i got nothing done. hope the pork and yoga helps today!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

13 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I almost decided by the end of the workday Monday to just go home and do nothing. But I made my tired DOMSy self go to farfit.

This is why I follow.  Sh@t gets done here.

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

14 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

need more time at home recharging my batteries than I gave myself. I'm supposed to go to the movies again on Sunday but if I'm still feeling like a ghost by Friday I'm just going to stay home for the day.

I almost decided by the end of the workday Monday to just go home and do nothing. But I made my tired DOMSy self go to farfit. I did almost my whole workout, I skipped sorniex leg curls cuz hamstring doms. It turns out if you hike 4 miles on ice, your whole body is sore from fighting gravity

Hopefully you get to feeling better. I'm the same way, superintrovertLLC here, and I was out all weekend board gaming, which was fun, but I didn't get enough by myself time and I'm also fairly crankypants and thus we are in the same boat

Or separate boats, so we can have some alone time

Good on you for getting shit done anyway, and I approve of the plan to possibly nix movies in favor of recharging. Movies will still be there another day.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, peelout said:

This is why I follow.  Sh@t gets done here.

I try. But sometimes I also plan too much shit to get done. More on that when I put in my Tues update. I'm learning, it's only taking me a few decades. ;)

8 hours ago, ixaera said:

Hopefully you get to feeling better. I'm the same way, superintrovertLLC here, and I was out all weekend board gaming, which was fun, but I didn't get enough by myself time and I'm also fairly crankypants and thus we are in the same boat

Or separate boats, so we can have some alone time

Good on you for getting shit done anyway, and I approve of the plan to possibly nix movies in favor of recharging. Movies will still be there another day.

00fb.gif

lol in our separate boats. I like that there are other introverts on NF that get me and I don't have to justify my need for alone-time.

Also going out costs money. >_>

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Tuesday log:

Okay, let's be real. Here's a thing I have decided I have officially learned. I cannot ever plan to do groceries, cook, and workout all in one evening. Yes, all three an theoretically get done, but it's better not to assume it. But rather, if I have then energy, then I do stuff after groceries and cooking dinner. Needless to say yoga didn't get done, but I'm learning. Still lots of days to get my three sessions in, I just need to plan better going forward. #knowthyself

Yesterday I ate between 1950-maintenance and contemplated just giving this whole week a pass to just be under maintenance - but I think I'm starting to feel fueled again and can resume being under 2000. I've just been feeling so run down and fuel becomes important. (2166 cals, 118g protein, 30g fiber)

Which is raising and related to a separate issue of the fact that I gain weight the weekish before/first part of shark week. And it's starting to look like it may not just be because of bloat but also because I'm so hungry then and eat more. Which is now. But I'll need a few months of data to determine. I could then make an action plan to stuff myself with vegetables that 7-10 days so I don't get RAGE HUNGER and eatallthethings.

February 19 - 25

1950 cals:      [ o ] - [ o ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ]

Frugal:            [ x ] - [ x ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ]

Track Water:  [ x ] - [ x ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ] - [  ]

Yoga:              [  ] - [  ] - [  ]

tms.gif

Wednesday Log:

BB Club and prepped tofu for making pad thai tonight. Tofu takes soooo long to pan fry you guys. So long I just gave up and laid down in bed and let it start to burn a little by the time I got back up. But it'll be fine for pad thai. I also prechopped carrot and onion. I forgot I need to go to the chinese grocery for bean sprouts. Can you eat pad thai without bean sprouts?

My weight was up again this morning. UGHHHH. I know it's a combo of: eating too much, shark week, and mega constipated. Let's not panic quite yet. Let's starting eating reasonably and drink some water and actually make your baked oats for next week. Don't forget you have a special needs colon. Let's drink a ton of water today and try to flush it all out and return to sanity.

Paused Bench Press

Set 1: 45 lb × 5

Set 2: 55 lb × 5

Set 3: 65 lb × 3

Set 4: 75 lb × 1

Set 5: 55 lb × 5

Set 6: 55 lb × 5

Goblet Box Squats

Set 1: 20 lb × 10

Set 2: 20 lb × 10

Set 3: 20 lb × 10

Set 4: 20 lb × 10

Step Ups

Set 1: 0 lb × 16

Set 2: 0 lb × 16

Set 3: 0 lb × 16

TRX Lateral Squat

Set 1: 6 reps

Set 2: 6 reps

Set 3: 6 reps

Physioball Roll-outs

Set 1: 12 reps

Set 2: 12 reps

Set 3: 12 reps

Clamshells (Banded)

Frog Pumps

Set 1: 0 lb × 30

Set 2: 0 lb × 30

ARC Trainer

Set 1: 1.25 mi | 25 min

After some discussion with Redstone, I'm dropping the calorie goal for now and just going back to tracking all the things. Because having the specific goal is stressing me out currently and making me want to lie to my tracker which doesn't help my food goals any. I think tracking honestly will bring the calories down verses having a specific goal.

• Like 2

smart redstone is smart :)  also nice workout yesterday!

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

On 2/22/2018 at 5:56 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

Paused Bench Press

Set 1: 45 lb × 5

Set 2: 55 lb × 5

Set 3: 65 lb × 3

Set 4: 75 lb × 1

Set 5: 55 lb × 5

Set 6: 55 lb × 5

Goblet Box Squats

Set 1: 20 lb × 10

Set 2: 20 lb × 10

Set 3: 20 lb × 10

Set 4: 20 lb × 10

Step Ups

Set 1: 0 lb × 16

Set 2: 0 lb × 16

Set 3: 0 lb × 16

TRX Lateral Squat

Set 1: 6 reps

Set 2: 6 reps

Set 3: 6 reps

Physioball Roll-outs

Clamshells (Banded)

Frog Pumps

Set 1: 0 lb × 30

Set 2: 0 lb × 30

ARC Trainer

Set 1: 1.25 mi | 25 min

Wore my finger out using the mouse wheel to scroll through all your sets.  Great job.

Current Challenge 

On 2/22/2018 at 9:22 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

smart redstone is smart :)  also nice workout yesterday!

right? I still want to be mindful of what I eat because I don't want to gain weight. but as I get back to tracking honestly I think the calorie counts will drop and things will sort themselves out.

On 2/23/2018 at 8:04 PM, peelout said:

Wore my finger out using the mouse wheel to scroll through all your sets.  Great job.

On 2/24/2018 at 2:13 PM, ixaera said:

Gots to help you get your finger workouts in

>_>

1. I'm almost a genius.

2. I'm mega bloated.

kermit-balancing.gif?fit=500,271

1. As I was getting ready to make my protein oats yesterday, I realized I could also measure out the dry ingredients for however many weeks I had oats for. So now I have the dry ingredients all in a ziplock bag for the next two weeks! If I buy enough oats next time I could prep my oatmix for a month at a time. (each week is in its own bag) Sometimes I dread making them because of all the add-ins, but this will simplify things greatly. I can even prep dry ingredients on days I'm not planning to make it but just have the free time.

2. I'm still super constipated and i appear to be retaining water. My wedding rings barely fit this morning and that has never happened before. Shark week can go ahead and arrive any time now.

3. Bonus item. New program starts today and we are trying out trap bar deadlift on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it, I think my back might be ready.

period4.gif?resize=500,294

bonus gif that made me laugh. I seriously beat my meat so this looks so hilarious to me. so gentle...

cine-3.gif

• Like 4

THAT IS GENIUS! I'm totally doing that. thank you.

also i'm hopefully finishing off shark days today. between that and a boatload of delicious food eaten this weekend, i'm feeling pretty stuffed today.

Instagram | pinterest

21 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

THAT IS GENIUS! I'm totally doing that. thank you.

you are welcome! me yesterday:

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

also i'm hopefully finishing off shark days today. between that and a boatload of delicious food eaten this weekend, i'm feeling pretty stuffed today.

so stuffed. I'm thinking about not weighing myself for a week, go give my weight time to settle. I almost think I just shouldn't weigh myself the 25-30 of every month....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

1. As I was getting ready to make my protein oats yesterday, I realized I could also measure out the dry ingredients for however many weeks I had oats for. So now I have the dry ingredients all in a ziplock bag for the next two weeks! If I buy enough oats next time I could prep my oatmix for a month at a time. (each week is in its own bag) Sometimes I dread making them because of all the add-ins, but this will simplify things greatly. I can even prep dry ingredients on days I'm not planning to make it but just have the free time.

giphy.gif

(couldn't resist...)

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm thinking about not weighing myself for a week, go give my weight time to settle. I almost think I just shouldn't weigh myself the 25-30 of every month....

There is some virtue to this if seeing the spike and drop is psyching you out. 

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

46 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

yes, what is this mythical free time of which we speak?

We gots to make the time.

46 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

it's kind of maddening and it is extra spikey this time

If you've done the analysis and shark week always spikes and drops to average levels or lower, then you have nothing to lose. You can always occasionally "check in" to make sure this is still a thing.

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

19 hours ago, Urgan said:

If you've done the analysis and shark week always spikes and drops to average levels or lower, then you have nothing to lose. You can always occasionally "check in" to make sure this is still a thing.

Because curiosity killed the cat, I weighed myself this morning, and it was down 2.5# from yesterday morning's scale nightmare. But I still am going to ponder what I want to do about this next month. I probably will skip weighing myself for this particular week next month.

tenor.gif?itemid=9356799

Monday:

Food was on point yesterday and my colon behaved, so that probably helped a lot.

-1998 cals, 138g protein, 32g fiber . all that protein was not planned but I guess that is what happens when you remember to make your oat bake and you have chicken breast for lunch.

I apparently forgot to enter my workout on Saturday and coach already cleared it out for the new program, but here is yesterday's easy session:

Squat

Set 1: 70 lb × 5

Set 2: 70 lb × 5

Set 3: 70 lb × 5

Monday's squats are supposed to focus on depth and speed, which makes me mentally struggle between going real deep and maintaining speed (TWSS) because doing a deep squat makes me want to do a paused squat. I should clarify if it is speed through the whole lift or speed out of the hole or what. whole hole holy there I got that out of my system.

Bench Press

Set 1: 70 lb × 5

Set 2: 70 lb × 5

Set 3: 70 lb × 5

Set 4: 70 lb × 5

Side Plank

Set 1: 10 sec

Set 2: 10 sec

Shoulder Press DB 1/2 Kneeling

Set 1: 22.5 lb × 5

Set 2: 22.5 lb × 5

Lat Pulldown

Set 1: 80 lb × 6

Set 2: 80 lb × 6

Glute Bridge March

Set 1: 0 lb × 5

Set 2: 0 lb × 5

Sled Push/Pull

Set 1: 255 lb × 1 (30 yrds push/ 30 yrds pull)

(I uh skipped my second set because I accidentally grabbed the heavier sled, not sure how much heavier but if feckin' sucked balls. I was supposed to do 135# + sled and I'm pretty sure the other rogue one is 100#. This one felt like pushing 300# but I marked it as 255. - _ - I will do the skipped set on Wednesday.

ARC Trainer

Set 1: 0 mi | 20 min

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Food was on point yesterday and my colon behaved, so that probably helped a lot.

Always a good day when ALL of your internal organs show up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

giphy.gif

I've got nothing for Tuesday except I made crockpot salsa pork loin instead of salsa chicken and it was THE BOMB.

I'm struggling with the whole have-goals-check-them-off thing but I'm trying out Habitica which let's you sort of check in throughout the day on varying things. Will report back on that in a week or so. Oh and both my back and my uterus are bugging me this week. FUN TIMES.

- 2025 calories, 123g protein, 32g fiber.

black beans are everything that taco tuesday needs to make the fiber thing happen and the happy colon thing happen

pro tip: if you mix two different kinds of rice together, actually mix them so that the faster cooking stuff isn't on the bottom and your rice cooker doesn't panic not knowing whatishappeningrightnow and shuts off early

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

Always a good day when ALL of your internal organs show up.

now if only we could convince our organs to play nice more often

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm struggling with the whole have-goals-check-them-off thing but I'm trying out Habitica which let's you sort of check in throughout the day on varying things. Will report back on that in a week or so. Oh and both my back and my uterus are bugging me this week. FUN TIMES.

SHUT UP, UTURUS. NOBODY ASKED YOU.

• Like 1