Jord - tackles inertia

1*nZ4aV-AQz0oDBbQcb4hzTw.gif

Sunday cals: 2000 (yes it came out even)

new me who dis?

back from trips (and sleeping in a yurt), nothing on the books until October, so it's time to get crackalackin'

I did a dumbbell workout this morning before work. I'm driving Mr T to work this week because he isnt' allowed to drive for one more week and he doesn't start work until 8:30 am. I normally start at 7:00. So morning workout it is. Plan is to do cardio after dinner tonight.

Lifestyle goals reminder:

1900 cals

exercise 3x week (to start for this week, increasing slowly to 5)

duolingo or some form of italian practice 10 min per day

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

chapter-14-late-medieval-italy-2-638.jpg

Monday cals: 1874 (wooo!)

Been studying my italian and my medieval italian cooking. Learning things like vermicelli means little worms. #themoreyouknow

In my free time before going in to work this morning (as you know I'm carpooling with Mr T and he works later) I washed the dishes and did about 10 min of duolingo.

The plan for tomorrow morning is a morning workout.

• Like 2

85563772.jpg

Tuesday cals: 1873

Didn't get in my morning workout this morning, I didn't wake up early enough. But I did get some healthy cabbage roll soup into the crockpot, washed last night's dishes, and did 10 min of Duolingeo. I'll have to workout tonight (am getting home late though) or tomorrow night. At least we have Monday off if things get off schedule?

Some healthy snacks I bought at the grocery store:

boiled eggs

strawberries

pea pods

string cheese

tuna salad packets (100 cal)

I'm trying to start a list of quick reasonably healthy snacks I can just buy at the grocery store to stock in the house.

Things I need to plan for this weekend:

- Trivia night Friday night - I think I'll use low calorie foods to fill up during the day and plan on one strong AF beer and a light meal

- Sunday labor day BBQ - Just set some arbitrary rules to follow for one evening? No carbs? or no cheese? just something to limit my food choices since determining calories will be impossible.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jord said:

Some healthy snacks I bought at the grocery store:

boiled eggs

strawberries

pea pods

string cheese

tuna salad packets (100 cal)

I'm trying to start a list of quick reasonably healthy snacks I can just buy at the grocery store to stock in the house.

I am on a kick of deli meat, protein bars, and canned seafood for breakfast/snacks. The tuna packets with olive oil are also awesome, 

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

55 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I am on a kick of deli meat, protein bars, and canned seafood for breakfast/snacks. The tuna packets with olive oil are also awesome, 

I was overwhelmed by all the tuna packet choices and missed that one lol, I'll check for it next time! Thanks!

• Like 1

200.gif **

Wednesday: 1846 (i'm on a roll son!)

I did a dumbbell work out this morning and added seated shoulder presses from what I have been doing at home (since Mr T had surgery). (I should be back in the gym this weekend.) The weather is 75 and gorgeous today so cardio will be mowing my giant lawn this evening (it takes me about an hour and we have an electric push mower, not self-propelled.)

I did not end up putting rice in my cabbage roll crockpot soup because no room. So I'll have PLENTY of low cal soup to fill up on tomorrow before trivia night. Dinner plan is dank beer and greek salad w/ chicken that I can slowly munch on vs how quickly I consume regular entrees.

** there are a wealth of funny lawn mowing gifs, ya'll this is an untapped market

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ixaera said:

I can vouch for the jalapeno ones nomnomnom

good to know! i love me some jalapenos

X8iUA.gif

(I've given Mr T instructions to help keep me on track!)

Thursday cals: 1910 (goal is 1900 so I'll take it!) also I lost a pound overnight so....

I think the lower calories is giving me massive evening headaches as I adjust. So lawn mowing didn't happen yesterday. To compensate I wore sneakers to work today to go on a lunch break walk.

I ordered a 90 day habit planner to help keep me in the mindset (arrives Saturday). I used to use paper things before the advent of phone apps.... I've never stuck with a bujo for more than a couple months, so maybe something that is all filled out for me will help? Just need to re-establish some good habits. Thus only committing to a 90 day dealie. I feel like they made it specifically hard to just show you a page of what it looks like so here is the amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079KY9K9Q

I was kind of confused at first as to why it has food on both the daily and weekly pages but I think the idea is you plan your food for the week and then you list what you actually ate that day.

Also, it's massive. Luckily I have a very large work purse. After the 90 days I'm pretty sure I'll want something smaller.

Thanks for posting the link! That's a cool planner, I like the idea of it as a sort of activity book. Totes Bujo territory with more guidance and less work! At least the - drawing straight lines and coming up with plans type of work. Def interested in seeing how this goes. (And if I'm honest, it's the kind of thing I've considered providing people, maybe not this exactly, but similar themes, so I'll be bugging you about how it goes!)

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Thanks for posting the link! That's a cool planner, I like the idea of it as a sort of activity book. Totes Bujo territory with more guidance and less work! At least the - drawing straight lines and coming up with plans type of work. Def interested in seeing how this goes. (And if I'm honest, it's the kind of thing I've considered providing people, maybe not this exactly, but similar themes, so I'll be bugging you about how it goes!)

I will definitely let you know!

I searched around to figure out what the list for the food is, I like it as a general idea since I'm sure everyone's serving goals will vary.

image.jpg?w=443&h=405

1. V1, Primary Veggies
  2. V2, Secondary Veggies & grains
  3. LP, Lean Proteins
  4. FF, Fresh Fruits
  5. HF, Healthy Fats

giphy.gif

Weekend calories: not particularly fabulous, but I never went to bed feeling crazy stuffed.

Friday: ~2000

Saturday: ~2400

(I went out Friday night and ate too much so I put those calories on for Saturday breakfast and slept in. So if i hadn't done that Saturday would have been under on calories.)

Sunday: went to a BBQ so who TF knows

Monday: 1814 (yay!)

My weight is still down, so it's all rinsed out in the wash! I lost 2# last week. My target is 1.25#/week, so once that intial loss levels off that eating 1900 should be good?

I started a new sewing project. It has lacing up the sides and requires I hand sew 60 lacing eyelets. It is for a halloween shindig on Oct 20. So my goat is to sew at least 2 eyelets per day (I did two yesterday), but on weekend days off I should do more so I can get that done and finish the sides and hem. I would love to get about 20 done this weekend but that may be ambitious because Saturday is Mr T's birthday.

It's a 12th century dress with hangy sleeves called a bliaut. My dress is black and I'm going as a dark elf. I also need to procure grey face paint, silver wig, and some accessories.

Hortus_Deliciarum_Grammatica.jpg

2 hours ago, Jord said:

My weight is still down, so it's all rinsed out in the wash! I lost 2# last week. My target is 1.25#/week, so once that intial loss levels off that eating 1900 should be good?

Yay~

2 hours ago, Jord said:

I started a new sewing project. It has lacing up the sides and requires I hand sew 60 lacing eyelets. It is for a halloween shindig on Oct 20. So my goat is to sew at least 2 eyelets per day (I did two yesterday), but on weekend days off I should do more so I can get that done and finish the sides and hem. I would love to get about 20 done this weekend but that may be ambitious because Saturday is Mr T's birthday.

I got your goat.

giphy.gif

60 eyelets is a lot of eyelets. You will have that down by the end of the project if you don't already.

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

23 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I got your goat.

giphy.gif

I'm not even going to go back and correct it. We all know goats are fabulous.

3827267-download.gif

23 minutes ago, Urgan said:

60 eyelets is a lot of eyelets. You will have that down by the end of the project if you don't already.

It just has to get done. ;)

I did double check my amazon wishlist and put in the order for the silver white wig and grey and black facepaint. Oh and ears, obvi. Because I don't know if you know this but I have human ears.

• Haha 2

giphy.gif

Tuesday cals: 2016 (a little high)

but I lost more weight overnight, so still winning?

I did a dumbbell workout at home but didn't make it to the gym for cardio. I did get off my ass at 7:45 pm to go grocery shopping so I would at least have healthy snacks in the house.

THEN I proceeded to forget to set my alarm this morning and didn't have time to make a crockpot meal. I'll have to make that after work. I have a doctor's appointment at 3:00. Which will hopefully be quick, it's an imaging test. Then I'll have plenty of time to cook and go do cardio. I didn't think to bring gym clothes or I could have done cardio and then cooked.

Italian: I am doing at least 30 min a day of Italian so I think I'll only comment on that as a summary on Mondays. In addition to Duolingo I bought the Living Language Complete Edition for $30 and am listing to the CDs in the car in the morning.

Eyelets: 6 last night. Now at 8/60. Will updated in that format daily.

• Like 2

you do cardio at the gym close to you right? otherwise i'd say do some cardio circuit stuff at home instead of going back out! i hate going back out... lol

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

21 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

you do cardio at the gym close to you right? otherwise i'd say do some cardio circuit stuff at home instead of going back out! i hate going back out... lol

I think part of it is I also hate dealing with changing clothes at my local gym. So today I brought my cardio stuff into work with me and I can change before I leave and just walk into Powerhouse with my keys and headphones ready to go.

i AM getting back to barbell club and I'm going to start going to Friday morning sessions starting tomorrow. Which requires walking up at 5 am...

giphy.gif

Wednesday cals: 1912 woot woot

Dinner was crockpot* paella, which was surprisingly NOT terrible. Especially since the recipe called for chorizo and I accidentally used mexican chorizo raw which dissolved into it and I should have just bought smoked andouille. It was very tasty. (*well technically I made it in my jumbo rice cooker, it took about an hour.)

Ya'll ever since I cut down to 1900 I've had almost daily headaches and I've had two migraines in two weeks. One was yesterday so I couldn't workout (but I did sew eyelets instead after laying around weepy for an hour.) I'm getting plenty of water, carbs, and caffeine. The only info the internet could provide is maybe the combo of tons of water and healthier foods is causing low sodium and thus headaches. So I immediately went and bought pickles and ate those yesterday. And then I proceeded to forget to bring them into work today. We'll see how today goes.

Getting back into full on fitness is slow, but as mentioned I'm going back to barbell club tomorrow morning. ALSO no matter what I have fitness stuff next week because I signed up for classes at a community college. Starting next week on Tuesdays I go to Tai Chi with Mr T (love alliteration) and on Thursdays I have water aerobics.

Eyelets: 18/60 (10 last night!)

• Like 2

aw man, that sucks about the headaches. i bet your body is just not happy with cutting. i hope the sodium helps!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

1 hour ago, Jord said:

So I immediately went and bought pickles and ate those yesterday. And then I proceeded to forget to bring them into work today. We'll see how today goes.

...emergency cheez-its mebbe? Sorry your head is bothering you on the regular, this is awful and the worst. 

6 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

aw man, that sucks about the headaches. i bet your body is just not happy with cutting. i hope the sodium helps!

5 hours ago, Urgan said:

...emergency cheez-its mebbe? Sorry your head is bothering you on the regular, this is awful and the worst. 

I think it's helping, I only have a mild headache today? I'll try to actually remember my salty fuds tomorrow. That will provide better data. And bonus, pickles have basically no calories.

ETA to add obligatory pickle gifs:

ikmMP0Y.gif?noredirect

tenor.gif?itemid=5976449

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Urgan said:

giphy.gif

I heart this.

raw

Thursday cals: 1901

I'm lookin at you 1 calorie > _ >

Last night I mowed the lawn and did yard work for cardio. (Takes about an hour with our push mower.)

I really really wanted wine after that. Mainly after I tried to lay down a tarp to kill weeds and mice had made a nest in it. I was so done at that point. GROSSSSS. UGH. I don't even want to read that back. But I didn't drink and I stuck to my cals.

After that I did duolingo and some reading. Did not do eyelets, but I'm ahead on those.

This morning I started Friday morning barbell club, which I'll be doing weekly and it was so lovely. Way not crowded at 6:30 am folks. But it's been a minute since I lifted heavy so I might be foooked tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jord said:

Thursday cals: 1901

I'm lookin at you 1 calorie > _ >

Just blink about 20 times and you good.

• Haha 1

latest?cb=20150820223705

Weekend was okay, not great. I'm heavier this Monday. I think it's due to Saturday birthday restaurant eating (twice) and all that dang salt. BUT hey my headaches are gone? I'm also testing if it was the atkins protein bars, which were the new thing in my diet. Two more days without them and I'll reintroduce them. At this point I'm wagering either salt or those because both changed this weekend and my head feels better.

Friday: 2343 (work party)

Saturday: 2362 (Mr T's bday)

Sunday: 1646 (compensation)

Friday and Saturday were still at maintenance so I'm blaming the scale on all dat salt.

Fitness classes kicking off this week!

Monday: Lifting because I was too sore yesterday

Tuesday: Tai Chi

Wednesday: BB Club

Thursday: Water Aerobics

Friday: BB Club

Saturday: maybe an AM walk, crafting night for a friends wedding decorations

Put me down for low salt causing the headaches. This stuff is a balancing act, and you might have overcorrected.