Jord - tackles inertia

9 hours ago, peelout said:

Just wanted to say hey.  Do you w/o in a gym or at home?

all of the above? I have a gym I go to for powerlifting but I have some stuff like dumbbells at home, so if I'm sick or there is a blizzard I can still get a light workout in.

welll.... actually I have two gym memberships. One to a close by globo gym and second membership at the gym where I do powerlifting.

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Monday's workout I forgot to post, I'm doing Day 2 today (Thursday) instead of Wednesday because life.

Squat

Set 1: 65 lb × 3

Set 2: 85 lb × 3

Set 3: 85 lb × 3

Set 4: 85 lb × 3

Set 5: 85 lb × 3

Set 6: 85 lb × 3

Bench Press

Set 1: 72 lb × 5

Set 2: 72 lb × 5

Set 3: 72 lb × 5

Side Plank

Set 1: 12 sec

Set 2: 12 sec

Set 3: 12 sec

Shoulder Press DB 1/2 Kneeling

Set 1: 25 lb × 3

Set 2: 25 lb × 3

Set 3: 25 lb × 3

Lat Pulldown

Set 1: 85 lb × 5

Set 2: 85 lb × 5

Set 3: 85 lb × 5

Glute Bridge March

Set 1: 0 lb × 10

Set 2: 0 lb × 10

ARC Trainer

Set 1: 0 mi | 20 min

That was supposed to be a really easy workout but I felt such low energy on Monday. : - /

Also, I haven't been tracking my calories much for the last week or so. Basically since did the backpacking trip thing on March 10/11. And it is really showing up on the scale. So i'm going to resume posting calories/protein here, which means I actually have to complete my MFP entries.

DescriptiveEsteemedGrison-max-1mb.gif

• Like 1

So I'm definitely not doing a challenge again, I'd rather just be logging food/calorie/workout thoughts here willy nilly as the desire strikes me. But I'll keep posting recipes I've cooked over there as they happen, but all my other updates here and no more challenges after this.

giphy.gif

Food tracking has been happening again but I still haven't been making the greatest choices. I'm really going to focus on buckling down on calories this week and then work on a proper meal plan for next week. My weight is REALLY up and it's REALLY stressing me out and I'm feeling majorly depressed and out of control about my weight. But I know I've been eating a lot of salt and I have canned soup again for lunch today because I didn't plan food properly, not to mention all the salt I had over the weekend. After this lunch I need to clamp down on the salt and increase water and see what is really happening with my weight, because it's stressing me out.

Sunday's workout:

Squat

Set 1: 75 lb × 5

Set 3: 95 lb × 3

Set 4: 105 lb × 3

Set 5: 120 lb × 3

Set 6: 95 lb × 3

Set 7: 95 lb × 3

Paused Bench Press

Set 1: 50 lb × 5

Set 2: 60 lb × 5

Set 3: 70 lb × 5

Set 4: 60 lb × 5

Set 5: 60 lb × 5

Set 6: 60 lb × 5

Trap Bar Deadlift

Set 1: 105 lb × 5

Set 2: 105 lb × 5

Set 3: 105 lb × 5

(still feeling good. back feels maybe 90%)

Lateral Squat w/ MB reach

Set 1: 8 lb × 4

Set 2: 8 lb × 4

Set 3: 8 lb × 4

TRX Kneeling Fallouts

Set 1: 9 reps

Set 2: 9 reps

Set 3: 9 reps

ETA: I forgot to post Thurday's workout, oh well.

I did way too much cardio over the weekend and I had to skip my Monday gym session, so this week I'll lift Wed/Fri/Sun. I hiked on Saturday and then on Sunday I went for a walk on a paved surface with my sister that I thought would be 4 miles but ended up 5.5. I'm not sure if it's from the workout or from the workout combined with the walk but I could barely walk right on Monday. My feet don't like the pavement as it turns out.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Food tracking has been happening again but I still haven't been making the greatest choices. I'm really going to focus on buckling down on calories this week and then work on a proper meal plan for next week. My weight is REALLY up and it's REALLY stressing me out and I'm feeling majorly depressed and out of control about my weight. But I know I've been eating a lot of salt and I have canned soup again for lunch today because I didn't plan food properly, not to mention all the salt I had over the weekend. After this lunch I need to clamp down on the salt and increase water and see what is really happening with my weight, because it's stressing me out.

I'm sure it's not as bad as you think it is right now, a few days of clean-ish eating should make a huge difference. The trick is in doing the thing.

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

ugh, i'm sorry your weight is stressing you out. it's unfortunate that these types of things have so much power to make us feel stressed and moody. YOU ARE FANTASTIC

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

On 3/27/2018 at 9:09 AM, Urgan said:

I'm sure it's not as bad as you think it is right now, a few days of clean-ish eating should make a huge difference. The trick is in doing the thing.

On 3/27/2018 at 11:25 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

ugh, i'm sorry your weight is stressing you out. it's unfortunate that these types of things have so much power to make us feel stressed and moody. YOU ARE FANTASTIC

Thank you for the support. <3 The weight came down a bit, about a pound and a half down this morning, so that is a start. I'll keep drinking water and tracking food. The weight is currently (today) around 198.6 and the long term goal is to get back to 185 which is where I feel the most comfortable in my body. I'm just not doing a good job of sticking to the plans I'm putting in place and normally I don't struggle this much.

I sort of considered doing Weight Watchers at work for the in-person support and weigh-ins but 1) I have no desire to convert from calories/macros to points and 2) I don't really want to spend the money on something I can normally accomplish for free. I might look for some kind of alternative while I'm dealing with a lot of life stress right now. (like I don't know, using my battle log daily!)

Speaking of, I haven't lifted since Sunday. First because I was so sore I could barely walk on Monday and then last night I was in a funk. But I feel better today and bought myself a nice coffee so I'm feeling pumped to tackle the gym tonight and get back on schedule.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_e6h8o2iweg0g

Calorie reports just so I can get into the habit of doing them:

Saturday, 2014

Sunday, 1552 (after lifting and walking 5.5 miles and having severe fatigue and DOMS I fell asleep early, maybe this is the trick to weight loss, early bed time? lol)

Monday, 2105

Tuesday, 2000 (apparently forgot to track dinner but I remember going to bed not feeling overly full so this is a good guess)

Wednesday, 2188

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Sunday, 1552 (after lifting and walking 5.5 miles and having severe fatigue and DOMS I fell asleep early, maybe this is the trick to weight loss, early bed time? lol)

Accidental fasting FTW!

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Thursday: 1956 cals, 100g protein

I barely made it to the gym last night but I did. I had to go to Powerhouse and it is Spring Break so that was sort of a high school disaster. But my timing was good and I managed to get benches. They were mostly all doing DB work, it just felt super crowded.

easy_by_mischievousmonster-d81wk5f.gif

Squat

Set 1: 85 lb × 4

Set 2: 85 lb × 4

Set 3: 85 lb × 4

Set 4: 85 lb × 4

(this uh was supposed to be 75# speed work but I uh feel like a b00b doing 75# squats at PH. >_> farfit feels non-judgey)

Bench Press

Set 1: 75 lb × 4

Set 2: 75 lb × 4

Set 3: 75 lb × 5

Set 4: 75 lb × 5

(I'm pretty sure 75x5 is a rep PR. My app tells me it's not and It looks like on the 19th I might have made a typo because there are two sets at 72 and one at 75 and my program says that was a 72 day. So I fixed that. I might actually be looking forward to the next time we test my bench. After fixing it I realized my app has a new feature and this is fun:

x82qbj170Os3sr11nNUmb5o2VTs7ET7bWDq9FwSzoWOFQ86_N0mAwqgYVtHqtHerDHbZq5i_JTA1W3i9sCwkBJu9drrJO4FOXavOKQtqdsdsOOykS3M3bZsR-t-e6Mlj36vrUc3sDg=w2400

The next goal he has for me while we are non-testing is 80 for triples.)

Glute Bridge March

Set 1: 0 lb × 8

Set 2: 0 lb × 8

Set 3: 0 lb × 8

Set 1: 25 lb × 3

Set 2: 25 lb × 3

Lat Pulldown

Set 2: 85 lb × 6

Set 3: 85 lb × 6

ARC Trainer

Set 1: 15 min

This is only my first workout of the week and I normally do 3. But, instead of squeezing 3 into the week, I'll just combine my last two workouts together tomorrow morning. I'm still doing lighter work and I start a new program on Monday. Alternatively I do the big barbell work and important stuff on Saturday and I have DBs at home to do the missed accessories on Sunday.

• Like 2

Hiking.gif?format=300w

Food was good over the weekend and for once my body is actually responding appropriately and losing weight.

Friday: 2234 cals, 129 protein

Saturday: 1910 cals, 108 protein
Sunday: 2038 cals, 122 protein

Saturday I lifted and did 30 min of arc trainer. Sunday I hiked 3.5 miles. I'm having a flare up on my achiles tendinitis, which is caused by my tight calves in combo with all the cardio I've been doing. I'm going to work on three things 1) this week I try to do rowing/bike for cardio, 2) wear my ankle braces when I do cardio and 3) start a calf stretching habit.

I think If I do it where I stretch my calves each morning while I'm my coffee brews that I can develop that into a sustainable habit. No one is at work when I first get there and am making my coffee.

Saturday workout:

Squat

Set 2: 95 lb × 5

Set 3: 105 lb × 3

Set 4: 115 lb × 3

Set 5: 125 lb × 1

Set 6: 95 lb × 5

Set 7: 95 lb × 5

Set 8: 95 lb × 5

(so many squats you guys)

Bench Press

Set 1: 50 lb × 5

Set 2: 60 lb × 5

Set 3: 70 lb × 5

Set 4: 80 lb × 1

Set 5: 65 lb × 5

Set 6: 65 lb × 5

Set 7: 65 lb × 5

Trap Bar Deadlift

Set 1: 110 lb × 5

Set 2: 110 lb × 5

Set 3: 110 lb × 5

TRX Inverted Row

Set 1: 10 reps

Set 2: 10 reps

Set 3: 10 reps

TRX Kneeling Fallouts

Set 1: 10 reps

Set 2: 10 reps

Set 3: 10 reps

ARC Trainer

Set 1: 30 min

• Like 2

On 4/2/2018 at 7:25 AM, Urgan said:

ALL THE SQUATS. 

I did the opposite of this yesterday. I could have bumped up the squats, but I have a heavy day coming on Wednesday so I did what the program said. Novel idea, eh?

d81ae3a22bffe4f8f714463513401c2b.gif

Squat (for speed and depth vs power)

Set 2: 75 lb × 5

Bench Press

Set 2: 75 lb × 5

Side Plank

Set 1: 14 sec

Set 2: 14 sec

Set 1: 25 lb × 5

Set 2: 25 lb × 5

Lat Pulldown Close Grip

Set 3: 85 lb × 5

Sled Push/Pull

Set 1: 45 lb × 2

Notes: Lateral drag

This was supposed to be 90# on the sled but I did 45 because I'm lazy and I've never done lateral drags before. It was just as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Glute 1 leg Bridge

Set 1: 3 reps

Set 2: 3 reps

Dear coach, what was the point in doing all of 6 total one leg bridges? Excellent core exercise though. <3

ARC Trainer

Set 1: 15 min

Okay I did this even though I said I wasn't going to but I made sure my heel stayed glued to the foot pad in an effort to not annoy my achilles. I did make sure to do my stretches at part of my workout warm-up.

Edited to add Monday Cals:
1949 cals, 117g protein

I'm going to try to eat 1800 today but I'm usually starving the day after a workout so this is going to involve a lot of volume foods and water.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I did the opposite of this yesterday. I could have bumped up the squats, but I have a heavy day coming on Wednesday so I did what the program said. Novel idea, eh?

You can do all the squats or all the days, not all the squats on all the days.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

you mean squatting heavy every session isn't productive? GASP. :( lol for seriously. silly legs.

Good old Bulgarian method.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5751995b6ec58.jpeg

By some miracle I managed to eat under 1900 calories, which is a miracle, even though the goal was 1800. Progress is progress.

Tuesday: 1876 cals, 109g protein

I'm loosely interested in eating less cals on non-workout days, but I'm hungrier on those days (i.e. the day after a workout) so I'll need to give it a ponder. I only tried it once before but didn't really commit to it. I'll do some reading first.

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

5751995b6ec58.jpeg

By some miracle I managed to eat under 1900 calories, which is a miracle, even though the goal was 1800. Progress is progress.

Tuesday: 1876 cals, 109g protein

I'm loosely interested in eating less cals on non-workout days, but I'm hungrier on those days (i.e. the day after a workout) so I'll need to give it a ponder. I only tried it once before but didn't really commit to it. I'll do some reading first.

might be better to feed your body more the day after then?

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

might be better to feed your body more the day after then?

I'm tossing around the idea that maybe if I ate more on workout days I'd be less hungry the day after. I also workout late and don't tend to eat much after.

I think I'm going to test for two weeks eating more on workout days with a real meal after my workout and less on non-workout days and see how I feel. If I'm still always starving the day after then I will rethink the plan.

• Like 1

DON'T sign me up for Team Eat Less on Rest Days. Nope. Now if you bumped up the macros on training days that might work.

• Like 1

Just now, Urgan said:

DON'T sign me up for Team Eat Less on Rest Days. Nope. Now if you bumped up the macros on training days that might work.

I scalped the template sort of from RP and reverse engineered the macros/calories for rest/workout days. It's more carbs/protein on workout days and more fats on rest days.

Workout days, 5 meals, eating a real meal after my workout, carbs before/after workout

Non-workout days, 4 meals, carbs in the morning

Obviously I have made a super details spreadsheet of this.

Eating so late though I'll have to accept that the scale will say I weigh more the morning after a workout, but whatever.

Either way I'm only willing to do a 2 week test, hahaha, BECAUSE I LIKE EATING.

It's tricky business trying to get strong and recomp at the same time. I've never tried having split macros before, because I struggle to hit a target that ISN'T moving, lol, and because performance is Everything (my personal goals). Insert theory about how rebuilding is at least as expensive as the effort exerted on training days here. But I'm not gonna tell the athletes using RP what to do, they got weight classes and shit to consider. You should be able to tell pretty quickly if your strategy is allowing you to hit your goals, yeah? Watching with great interest.

12 minutes ago, Urgan said:

It's tricky business trying to get strong and recomp at the same time. I've never tried having split macros before, because I struggle to hit a target that ISN'T moving, lol, and because performance is Everything (my personal goals). Insert theory about how rebuilding is at least as expensive as the effort exerted on training days here. But I'm not gonna tell the athletes using RP what to do, they got weight classes and shit to consider. You should be able to tell pretty quickly if your strategy is allowing you to hit your goals, yeah? Watching with great interest.

Definitely. And I too don't have the willpower to hit exact macros. But I can hit a general theory. I eat the same thing for breakfast/snacks every day. So I'm basically going with higher/lower carb lunches/dinners based on day and trying not to be too hard on myself. Especially considering I didn't track anything for most of March. >_> If the calorie thing works out then I'll worry more about macros. Historically I have just worried about calories and protein, sometimes fiber.

So step 1: calories & protein, if I can master that then

step 2: carbs

step 3: infinity & beyond

step 4: maaaaybe meal composition/timing in an alternate universe where I've managed to master simple daily calorie/protein/carb targets.

Feeling more in control of my diet does tend to lead to me doing better with tracking/targets. Because I'm super nerdy like that.

• Like 2