Jord - tackles inertia

36 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Honestly, why does anybody cook any other way?? There MUST be leftovers. Especially of something really good. How else does one survive Thursday?

Unless you'r like me an sometimes eat the leftover on the same day. :D

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

24 minutes ago, Echocheanic said:

Unless you'r like me an sometimes eat the leftover on the same day. :D

I mean, if you are in a position to make lunch then dinner would make sense. But I am in the habit of doubling recipes. Ain't nobody got time for 8oz of meat.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

cute-japanese-food-girl-brother-funny-hi

Life: I had a little bit of a rough weekend because my back started bugging me again, for what I can only determine is no reason. I was just walking around the house doing normal stuff when I realized it was hurting me. The only thing I can think of is that I use my hip to push my front door open sometimes and maybe there was a little too much motion in my ocean.

We didn't end up going out anywhere over the weekend because EVERYONE ON THIS GODDAMN PLANET HAS THE FLU, and we refuse to catch it. So it's the hermit life for us.

Workouts: I did complete my three yoga for last week, did a 2 mile hike on Saturday before I realized iwasinbacktrouble, but I didn't get in my weekend lifting workout. I brought my gym bag today and I'll just see how I feel at the end of the day. If I do the workout I skipped, the squats are only at 75# focusing on depth and speed, so if I feel mostly okay I'll go do my workout.

Last week's averages: 2095 cals, 104g protein, 30g fiber

Weight: My weight is very slowly moving downward. If I can reign in my eating on the weekend and get the average closer to 1900, I think I'll reach that scale tipping point where the weight actually comes off at a pace I can see week to week rather than month to month. That and if I can keep up a steady exercise pace. On the plus side, eating less during the week is allowing me to eat like an ass on the weekend and not gain weight anymore...

Food:  I thought I didn't really like risotto, but yesterday I made sundried tomato mushroom (used cremini) risotto, and it was SO lovely. There was also garlic and rosemary in there. <3

Feb 5 - Feb 11

1975 cals:      [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Frugal:            [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Water:             [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Yoga:              [   ] [   ] [   ]

• Like 5

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

cute-japanese-food-girl-brother-funny-hi

hahahahaha <3

Life: I had a little bit of a rough weekend because my back started bugging me again, for what I can only determine is no reason. I was just walking around the house doing normal stuff when I realized it was hurting me. The only thing I can think of is that I use my hip to push my front door open sometimes and maybe there was a little too much motion in my ocean.

i laughed at this but am mostly really upset your back is bothering you again. BE CAREFUL! only do things at the gym tonight if it's properly behaving.

Weight: My weight is very slowly moving downward. If I can reign in my eating on the weekend and get the average closer to 1900, I think I'll reach that scale tipping point where the weight actually comes off at a pace I can see week to week rather than month to month. That and if I can keep up a steady exercise pace. On the plus side, eating less during the week is allowing me to eat like an ass on the weekend and not gain weight anymore...

living the dream.

Food:  I thought I didn't really like risotto, but yesterday I made sundried tomato mushroom (used cremini) risotto, and it was SO lovely. There was also garlic and rosemary in there. <3

really?! i love risotto and should totally make it sometime. your variation sounds amazeballs

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

37 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i laughed at this but am mostly really upset your back is bothering you again. BE CAREFUL! only do things at the gym tonight if it's properly behaving.

It's really the only thing I can think of!

I'll definitely be kind to my body. Chronic pain is not my idea of fun. I spent much of the weekend trying to find a comfortable sitting/lying position.

really?! i love risotto and should totally make it sometime. your variation sounds amazeballs

I got it out of one of my vegan cookbooks but I found the exact same recipe online, because of course I did and people are copycatting little f*ckers. I used all these seasonings but just used all cremini mushrooms. Stirfried those with onion and garlic and then added the sundried tomato and spices/herbs. Then 4.5 cups of broth and the arborio rice. So all the same ingredients except no dried mushrooms and less broth?

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/mushroom-and-sun-dried-tomato-risotto-207099

• Like 4

gym-prank-pulls-down-girls-pants-walker-

Monday

- Decided my back was well enough to attempt working out but I went to the Powerhouse by my home rather than driving to Farfit, just in case. Also, the map app said there was an accident on the freeway.

The squat racks were full, which was for the best, so for the squats I did goblet squats instead. Which is all fun and games until you realize you wore slidey workout pants with slidey undies and you're pulling them up between each set. I'm also one workout behind from skipping this weekend, so I figured out a plan for this week to get back on track because I hate doing the wrong  workout for the correct day of the week (fitness OCD). Is this just me?

- 2048 cals, 105g protein, 23g fiber (close to 1975 cals, but no cigar)

I have big goals for tonight.... 1) grocery shop 2) make oat bake I didn't make on Sunday 3) make lentil soup 4) yoga while all that jazz is cooking

Feb 5 - Feb 11

1975 cals:      [ o ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Frugal:            [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Water:             [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Yoga:              [   ] [   ] [   ]

Bench Press

Set 1: 55 lb × 3

Set 2: 65 lb × 3

Set 3: 75 lb × 4

Set 4: 75 lb × 4

Set 5: 75 lb × 4

Set 6: 75 lb × 4

Lat Pulldown (superset with GS)

Set 1: 70 lb × 8

Set 2: 70 lb × 8

Set 3: 70 lb × 8

Goblet Squat

Set 1: 20 lb × 10

Set 2: 20 lb × 10

Set 3: 20 lb × 10

Shoulder Press DB 1/2 Kneeling

Set 1: 20 lb × 6

Set 2: 20 lb × 6

Frog Pumps

Set 1: 0 lb × 25

Set 2: 0 lb × 25

(this are fun to do amongst strangers, especially when a slew of them crowd around you because you are in the only space to lay down mats which is next to the cardio class dumbbells outside the cardio room and a class is about to start. I much prefer doing them at Farfit where everyone knows everyone and it's a big fit fam)

ARC Trainer

Set 1: 1 mi | 20 min

• Like 3

those are big goals for tonight! i hope you are able to get it done but also relax? is this even possible?

6 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

this are fun to do amongst strangers, especially when a slew of them crowd around you

frog-pumps-drop-ins.gif?w=660

• Haha 2

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

7 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I have big goals for tonight.... 1) grocery shop 2) make oat bake I didn't make on Sunday 3) make lentil soup 4) yoga while all that jazz is cooking

6 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

those are big goals for tonight! i hope you are able to get it done but also relax? is this even possible?

Om nom nom Ommmm.

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

16 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

16 hours ago, Urgan said:

Om nom nom Ommmm.

Somehow I got it all done, but I bribed myself with booze, so the moral of the story (for me) is don't keep whiskey in the house, even though I wanted hot toddies this past Sunday. Or buy only a very small bottle of boozin. A consequence of doing all the things at once is the lentils ended up being too spicy so I had to make some basmati rice and stir that in. And the baked oats ended up a little over baked.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22968-1374899910-4.

Yoga wasn't as bad the last one. (Less down dogs, more balance focus, which I suck at just as much but feels more manageable.) I think the intensity varies because it's a 30 day program, so some days are probably intentionally less difficult than others. I looked and the sessions range from 15 - 30 min, which makes sense if you are doing it every day. If there are days when I'm less busy and the sessions are shorter, I might (might!) do two in a row. I'm learning a lot about my body and where my mobility sucks.

Soy Flour: I had been putting a little bit of almond flour/meal in my oats as a binder because I had some to use up. I went to buy more yesterday but damn ya'll it is so expensive. So I took a look at all the flours to see if anything else had fiber/protein and discovered there is soy flour at half the cost! I don't eat much soy so I don't mind adding some to my oats if it saves me cash. I mean I could just use a little regular flour, but it really has been adding fiber.

Soy flour, 56g in weight = 150 cals, 26g protein, 11g fiber

Almond flour, 56g in weight = 320 cals, 12g protein, 6g fiber
(don't ask me to explain this arbitrary weight I put in one pan of oats...)

Tuesday Nutrition: -1998cals, 105g protein, 27g fiber (but I made lentils so that'll go up for the rest of the week)

Feb 5 - Feb 11

1975 cals:      [ o ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Frugal:            [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Water:             [ x ] [ o ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Yoga:              [ x ] [   ] [   ]

(Need to drink more water today!)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Somehow I got it all done, but I bribed myself with booze, so the moral of the story (for me) is don't keep whiskey in the house, even though I wanted hot toddies this past Sunday. Or buy only a very small bottle of boozin. A consequence of doing all the things at once is the lentils ended up being too spicy so I had to make some basmati rice and stir that in. And the baked oats ended up a little over baked.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22968-1374899910-4.

hahaha but you saved it and legit got a ton done. *applause

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Soy Flour: I had been putting a little bit of almond flour/meal in my oats as a binder because I had some to use up. I went to buy more yesterday but damn ya'll it is so expensive. So I took a look at all the flours to see if anything else had fiber/protein and discovered there is soy flour at half the cost! I don't eat much soy so I don't mind adding some to my oats if it saves me cash. I mean I could just use a little regular flour, but it really has been adding fiber.

Soy flour, 56g in weight = 150 cals, 26g protein, 11g fiber

Almond flour, 56g in weight = 320 cals, 12g protein, 6g fiber
(don't ask me to explain this arbitrary weight I put in one pan of oats...)

interesting! this is why i switched from oats to coconut flour - moar fiberrr. out of curiosity i looked up what 56g of coco flour would be = 240 cals, 8g protein, 20g fiber. crazy how different they all are!

i buy my coconut flour in large bags at https://www.iherb.com/?rcode=LQP002 to save $$$

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

hahaha but you saved it and legit got a ton done. *applause

interesting! this is why i switched from oats to coconut flour - moar fiberrr. out of curiosity i looked up what 56g of coco flour would be = 240 cals, 8g protein, 20g fiber. crazy how different they all are!

i buy my coconut flour in large bags at https://www.iherb.com/?rcode=LQP002 to save $$$

thanks, I might try that sometime!

although my protein oats already have 10g per serving, so i'm not sure how far I want to push it haha.

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2018 at 7:06 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

I saw in a more recent post you had started a 30day yoga program.  Any chance the back pain started near the start of this?  When I started working out again around the start of Dec, witing about 5 weeks (I got real serious Jan 1), I started having back pain.  I think I found that the issue was due to my stretching routine I was doing at the end of every workout.  During stretches like toe touch and a few others, I noticed I was bending my spine a lot to stretch further.  Once I stopped that and focused on keeping my back straighter, the pain began to go away.  Just a swag on my part.

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

9 hours ago, peelout said:

I saw in a more recent post you had started a 30day yoga program.  Any chance the back pain started near the start of this?  When I started working out again around the start of Dec, witing about 5 weeks (I got real serious Jan 1), I started having back pain.  I think I found that the issue was due to my stretching routine I was doing at the end of every workout.  During stretches like toe touch and a few others, I noticed I was bending my spine a lot to stretch further.  Once I stopped that and focused on keeping my back straighter, the pain began to go away.  Just a swag on my part.

Unfortunately, I hurt my back doing 145# squat singles and pushed through a hard rep that I should have let myself fail. This was over Christmas break. Also, I was lifting hungover so my muscles were also probably dehydrated. I learned some good lessons that day.

But it is true that some things in yoga can irritate the low back, so I'm trying to be mindful that if I'm doing a forward stretch that I also balance that with some back bends. Thank you for the reminder. :) I appreciate it.

• Like 1

neverwhere_characters_by_algesiras-d66iydd.jpg

Shockingly, I don't have a lot to report for Wednesday. I stuck to my calories, I drank my water, and I went to farfit.

Audiobook: And fell asleep listening to my audiobook - Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere. Except it's due back in 2 days, I'll never finish it in time and I'll have to wait two weeks to get it back from hold. I feel like you should be able to renew 1 time before you have to get back in line. It's a 14 hour audiobook, so I would have had to listen to it an hour every day to finish it on time! I also just learned from googling for the above image that the book was made into a TV series in the 90's and there is a comic book. So may have to dive into this fandom when I finish listening to it. Maybe this is a good time to use my free Audible trial? (I just checked and I'd have to update my phone to install the audible app, that's a load of shit.)

ETA: okay now i"m just talking to myself, but I do have my amazon fire tablet which probably already has audible or can have it. /self-talk. Also, it appears the TV series came first? That's an interesting turn of events.

EETTAAAAA: the university library has the audio CDs and I can go get them on my lunch.

itCP81I.gif

Work: was a little frustrating, but I think I just need to take some time and think through some work flow ideas and get back to my goal of working on new job skills for this year. It's supposed to blizzard tomorrow, so I'm planning to take a half day and do just that.

- 1932 cals, 119g protein, 36g fiber

Squat

Set 1: 55 lb × 5

Set 2: 65 lb × 5

Set 3: 80 lb × 5

Set 4: 90 lb × 5

Set 5: 65 lb × 5

Set 6: 65 lb × 5

Floor Press (DB)

Set 1: 17.5 lb × 10

Set 2: 17.5 lb × 10

Set 3: 17.5 lb × 10

Band Pull Aparts

Set 1: 10 reps

Set 2: 10 reps

Set 3: 10 reps

Sorinex Leg Curl

Set 1: 8 reps

Set 2: 8 reps

Split Squats (Goblet)

Set 1: 15 lb × 8

Set 2: 15 lb × 8

Sled Push/Pull

Set 1: 215 lb × 3

Notes: 40yrds push pull per rep

ARC Trainer

Set 1: 0.9 mi | 25 min

Feb 5 - Feb 11

1975 cals:      [ o ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Frugal:            [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Water:             [ x ] [ o ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

neverwhere_characters_by_algesiras-d66iydd.jpg

<3 <3 <3!! glad you found a way to continue without waiting through hold again. what format did you borrow from? overdrive? i am able to add my overdrive files to my itunes (which then allows me to put it on my phone). but then the files stay on my computer too! forever. :D 

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Shockingly, I don't have a lot to report for Wednesday. I stuck to my calories, I drank my water, and I went to farfit.

that's a lot of goodness reported

Instagram | pinterest

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

<3 <3 <3!! glad you found a way to continue without waiting through hold again. what format did you borrow from? overdrive? i am able to add my overdrive files to my itunes (which then allows me to put it on my phone). but then the files stay on my computer too! forever. :D 

I do use overdrive to check stuff out from my local library. Im going to have to look into this when I get home, as I also have iTunes. ;) I think Grumble was telling me about this feature as well? but that was before I used audio/ebooks enough to pay attention.

• Like 1

SNOW DAY. Which is kind of how I am feeling about my battle log update today, lol. I don't feel like doing one and I don't feel like working out. But after I work from home until 11:30 I'm going to do my workout and then I can be snow day lazy after that. 

riding-a-goat.gif

Feb 5 - Feb 11

1975 cals:      [ o ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Frugal:            [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Water:             [ x ] [ o ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Got in water because @Laghail . I post-poned yoga to today because SNOW DAY. :D 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

SNOW DAY. Which is kind of how I am feeling about my battle log update today, lol. I don't feel like doing one and I don't feel like working out. But after I work from home until 11:30 I'm going to do my workout and then I can be snow day lazy after that. 

riding-a-goat.gif

To be fair, I would hitch a ride on a ram if I could.

• Like 2

SNOW DAY!!! enjoy :D 

Instagram | pinterest

We are on the road to an SCA event today. So just a short update. Yesterday's workout got replaced by shoveling snow. My back could not have dealt with that and working out. I'm totally okay with it. If we get home today before 8 pm I'll do yoga before bed. 

I did go over cals yesterday, but if I am on track today and Sunday. One day over is not a big deal. 

Frugal notes: I made an investment this week in a 40 oz thermos. This will be great for taking coffee to SCA events.

For today I packed all food and drink. Last night I made boiled eggs and bacon for breakfast today. I have packed up with me coffee (in the thermos!), extra boiled eggs, sandwiches, apples, and pretzels. I pre tracked breakfast and lunch and packed my portion of pretzels. 

We usually go out to eat with friends every year on the way home from this event. So I couldn't pre track cals from that. But I'll stay within my goal and go for the frugal option. 

• Like 1

hqdefault.jpg

Fitness over the weekend was not great except for shoveling snow. In that I didn't get in yoga or cardio. But I did lift on Sunday. My back was feeling annoyed, but here we are at a new week and I'm going to crush my yoga goals. 

last week summary: 

Feb 5 - Feb 11

1975 cals:      [ o ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ o ] [ o ] [ x ] - (4/7)

Frugal:            [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ o ] [ x ] - (6/7) (- Mr T loved my rain pants so we got him a pair too)

Water:             [ x ] [ o ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ o ] - (5/7)

Yoga:              [ x ] [ o ] [ o ] - (1/3)

Body stuff: 

This week's calorie goal is under 1950 calories. 

Also, thanks to Redstone asking for some google sheet chart stuff, I ended up making one for my calories/weight. And here is the fun one for weight where I added the 7 day average. This has turned out to be a strong motivator over the last week. The red peak in the middle was my last shark week. And for no reason I'm also currently having a mini bonus shark week. - _ -  But I think Saturday's jump in weight was due to ramen noodles and restaurant meal.

GSLuy7feRh5FwaYonoxJj92jnUuPPPG9qp76Kdjq

Frugal stuff: I set a goal for how much I need to pay per month on my credit card to pay it off by the end of this year. I set a spreadsheet to track the goal. For each week I don't spend money set aside for credit card/savings I'll color the cell green. For each week I have to lower a payment, I'll color the cell green. I'll also be tracking which months I met my financial target. I'll be reporting once month screen shots of green/red progress. 

• Like 3

1. Shark Week doesn't need a reason.

2. Gotta love those days where you think maybe your weight will be moving closer to your goal and then your body be like, lol nope

• Like 1

rain pants are worth it!

Instagram | pinterest