Jord - tackles inertia

weight cut is going very well. that initial bloat drop is happening. I think I will stick with 2100 for next week too and see how it goes. why cut out calories if I don't have to. The wrench in the system will be when I go back on birth control later in August, so we'll see. 

• Like 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

17 hours ago, ixaera said:

giphy.gif

Cutting more than needed is all well and good if you can get away with it without feeling poopy, sure, but why take the chance eh, if it's working just fine as is. Feeling poopy, IMO, is the one way ticket to eating like crap when ego (vs id I mean) finally loses out.

And I really like food, so this is probably wise insight into how I would feel. Lol. When I cut from Jan to March I was miserable by the end. 

• Like 1

I had one of those weekends where the weekend negated the week. i did good on calories until Saturday and Sunday. And I had a lot of salty food Friday to Sunday so i basically gained what I lost. But I know that bloat is a thing. I retain a lot of fluid after restaurant food. There was mcdonalds, pizza, restaurant food, and I made Indian food with premade spice thing. Calories are still around maintenance, so hopefully once the bloat comes off I'll even back out. 

Weeks Left Monday Mon Tues Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun   Average # Avg Calories Net Avg per MFP
10 July 31 191.8 191.8 191.2 189.0 187.4 189.8 191.0   190.3 2303 2100
9 August 7 191.8                  

Hey look, the forum shows color again!!! @Urgan

(Friday is a lighter color just because I have Fridays grey every week, not because I was highlighting the low point.)

Oh and the batteries on my scale are going on, the light on the screen was flickering this morning. Or my scale is dying. 

• Like 2

Current lift notes:

Edited Last: Dec 21, 2017

Bench:

- leg drive is greater and lifts are easier if I tuck my legs back farther and tighter. Make sure lower body feels tight before starting the set. 

- keep elbows tight and in to prevent shoulder discomfort and increase ability to fight through sticking point

Deadlift:

- for hook grip, place hands with elbows out and then bring them in to lock the grip

- use chalk even when using hook grip to keep finger lock tight

- practice keeping lats down and tight during other movements to aid with DL/bench, etc. (Sept 2017)

- point toes slightly out to increase knee bend to allow my back to stay more tight and straight

Squat:

- bring legs back out to my wider stance because I may be impinging the right groin area

- squat every time like I'm videoing a set for IG ;) 

- took video on September 15 2017. I've been getting lax on form. When I look down vs looking straight ahead the bar tends to come forward as I come up out of the hole and I lose tightness. Work on maintaining good posture and looking forward even when the reps get tough. 

- push knees out to improve depth

- do calf stretches and roll-outs before each session

• Like 2

So uh weight and things and life have still been crazy. I know I'm capable of diligent tracking of data, but it is just not happening. I started the new birth control and it looks like life is settling down. I don't have follow-up tests for the medical stuff until October, so fingers crossed that life remains mellow.

Here I go, posting this here to mentally commit myself to get back into the swing of things. I have about 8-10# I need to drop back off. Some of which is bloat. 

• Like 2

I decided to set rewards for losing the weight. Winter IS coming, so some winter gear is a good idea. 

5# lost - winter insulated leggings (1 pair)

10# lost - snow hiking boots

I have 1 pair of insulated leggings. And the hiking boots I have are 'waterproof' but are definitely not meant for trekking in the snow. 

ooooooooooo shinies! i like it. are insulated leggings the same as fleece lined?

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

12 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

ooooooooooo shinies! i like it. are insulated leggings the same as fleece lined?

I'm not sure. The one pair I have were on sale at Target. And the one leg tends to want to twist around (has a stripe down the side so I know it's twisted). It is definitely soft inside but not sure if I would describe it as fleece. Probably? 

I tried to look on their site but doesn't look like they have any up at the moment. 

I'd probably look at Kohls and if none in the store then do the free site to store shipping, there is one on my way home from the gym. 

Heyy!!! :)

Awesome battle log! I'd really like to go on a hike one day. I've got no idea how to do that xD

I hate cutting. Well, I can't say that after eating 1200 for months, but I didn't know it at the time. But now sometimes I want to eat more and I'm like... I should only eat between 1438 and 1600 ;____; My TDEE is supposed to be at 1800, but I'm still only losing 0.1kg per week. It's just sad.

I really hope that bloating comes off easily. Is it from the birth control? 

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

NODDY'S ENTERS THE HISTORIC RUINS (challenge)

Race: Half Demon | Class: Adventurer | Character sheet

- - -

DeviantArt

16 hours ago, Nadoriel said:

Heyy!!! :)

Awesome battle log! I'd really like to go on a hike one day. I've got no idea how to do that xD

Thanks! I actually don't use this BL that much, it's mainly for food thoughts. I post most of my lifting stuff in my challenge. I'm currently still recovering from arm surgery in May, so lifts are in recovery mode. https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/100719-taddea-serfs-up-in-ye-olde-renaissance/

I hate cutting. Well, I can't say that after eating 1200 for months, but I didn't know it at the time. But now sometimes I want to eat more and I'm like... I should only eat between 1438 and 1600 ;____; My TDEE is supposed to be at 1800, but I'm still only losing 0.1kg per week. It's just sad.

Have you thought about trying to eat 1600-1800 for a month and see what happens? 

I really hope that bloating comes off easily. Is it from the birth control? 

It's probably from a bunch of things, birth control, the ovarian cyst, sodium, eating, and lack of cardio. I'm working on getting it all under control but it's being tough! It'd probably be easier for me to just add back in more hiking than to eat less. >_>

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nadoriel said:

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Have you thought about trying to eat 1600-1800 for a month and see what happens? 

Seconding. Your body might be thinking you're in starvation and resisting expending any of its energy stores. A period of increased calories as a "break" between cuts will keep it from going into energy saver mode. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

@Taddea Zhaan. @Urgan, I actually woke up with that thought in my head xD gonna eat more now! See what happens :) I'm so excited! 

And Taddea I'm so gonna have fun in your Renaissance thread XD the gifs are killing me xD

I totally think that bloating has more to do with physical events. So hormones, definitely. Maybe some intolerances?

So lowering the amount of food is probably just gonna hide what's really happening. I dunno o. O

Nadoriel

NODDY'S GRINDING LOG

NODDY'S ENTERS THE HISTORIC RUINS (challenge)

Race: Half Demon | Class: Adventurer | Character sheet

- - -

DeviantArt

4 minutes ago, Urgan said:

+1 for damage control.

yupppp

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

On 9/6/2017 at 9:51 AM, Urgan said:

+1 for damage control.

On 9/6/2017 at 9:56 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

yupppp

On 9/6/2017 at 0:18 PM, ixaera said:

Not gaining is seriously an underrated achievement, honestly

Good on you!

Thank yous all!

Also, I got my new program and I'm going to try to do it well and consistently and do my accessories and burn those cals baby! 

He likes to up the difficulty each program so I keep progressing. I went from walking lunges to split squats! Yikes!

I test again in 7 weeks, which works for me. They are re-checking my ovarian cyst on ultrasound on Oct 13, so I should run out this program before I am in any danger of surgery being scheduled. 

Summary of new program features: (just the new things)

split squats

suitcase carries

horse stance DB row ( I think this just means I don't put a knee on a bench? I'll find out)

posterior sliding lunges

side planks

Since my challenge is more-so focused on my cardio, I'll probably be posting cals/workouts here. 

It's my BL and I'll post twice in a row if I wanna.... 

Monday: lift 

Tuesday: laundry & groceries & cooking

Wednesday: lift

Thursday: mid-range hike (2-3 miles)

Friday: lift (if Thursday was short hike, do some post-lift cardio machine)

Saturday: short history hike at local park maybe do more hiking after, I don't think it will be taxing

Sunday: ren faire 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

It's my BL and I'll post twice in a row if I wanna.... 

If this is wrong, I don't want to be right.

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Monday, Calories: 2142

.... and that's why I'm not losing weight. inconsistent calories as well as the lack of cardio. Aiming to be on target today. 

Monday BB Club

New program!

Squat

Set 1: 95 lb × 5

Set 2: 95 lb × 5

Set 3: 95 lb × 5

I was nervous to start higher reps with higher weights. But I did them. Form was not my best. I need to starting thinking about having more consistent squat form. I kind of let myself lose form in order to make a rep I'm nervous about and I probably would have been fine if I had stayed vertical. My tendency is to look down at the floor and bear up when it gets heavy. 

Bench Press

Set 1: 60 lb × 5

Set 2: 60 lb × 5

Set 3: 60 lb × 5

Set 4: 60 lb × 5

Light. But nervous to ask for heavier. I've had a problem in the past where I tried to increase bench too soon and then I ended up missing reps, which is bad for gains. Next Monday is supposed to be 60, 5x5 and the next week 65 5x5, so I think asking to go for 62.5 next week would be reasonable. 

Split Squat (weight per hand)

Set 1: 10 lb × 5

Set 2: 10 lb × 5

Set 3: 10 lb × 5

Haaaaard. But good for me. I was afraid this was going to be bulgarian split squat with one foot up, but he's just starting me with one foot back on the ground. LIke this but holding weights. Which means probably next program I'll see BSS. ;=) 

Tricep Push down (single arm rope)

Set 1: 15 lb × 8

Set 2: 15 lb × 8

Suitcase Carry

Set 1: 53 lb × 1

Set 2: 53 lb × 1

Eccentric Slider Leg Curl

Set 1: 6 reps

Set 2: 6 reps

I can't do normal sliding leg curls, don't have the core strength? I'm pretty excited about these eccentric ones. You start at the top of the rep and slowly slide feet down, these I can do and I still get the posterior chain burn. I'm glad for a progression to regular curls. I have leg curls now because I can't do hip thrusts with my cyst. 

Elliptical

Set 1: 15 min

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Light. But nervous to ask for heavier. I've had a problem in the past where I tried to increase bench too soon and then I ended up missing reps, which is bad for gains. Next Monday is supposed to be 60, 5x5 and the next week 65 5x5, so I think asking to go for 62.5 next week would be reasonable. 

It definitely needs to get heavier for progress to happen, but definitely not in big jumps. 2-2.5lbs should indeed be reasonable.