Jord - tackles inertia

On 12/12/2017 at 10:07 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

searched "crapshoot" and got this

Disney-Party.gif

hahaha perfect gif! 

also, I'm slow and remembered there is also barbell club on Thursday, that's just not my day. So i'm trying to mentally convince myself to go to farfit on Thursday / Saturday. I just have this mental block where if I don't do it on the correct day I'm terrified I'll end up missing a session and get behind schedule. Yes, I'm weird and paranoid. 

skyword-image-398776.gif 

Maybe if I write it out, I will feel better... like I have a plan and am not bailing on my Wed workout. 

Week's Plan: 

• Tuesday: Christmas dinner testing
  • Wednesday (3-5" of snow): read for 30 minutes, watch the snow from the safety of inside my home
  • Thursday:  barbell club. figure out items for Saturday's holiday party. 
  • Friday: food prep for Saturday's party (making a dessert {dessert is also a test for x-mas} and an appetizer of cranberry cornbread muffins as suggested by @Grumble )
  • Saturday: barbell club, household holiday party. 
  • Sunday: hike with Mr T and then go to the DSW near the state park to shop for him to get some snow boots to wear into work for his new job
  • Like 6

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

you can do this! the plan is good!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

10 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

taller men get promoted more, so it's a decent life goal 

I've made my IT career on being tall. Top the of the rack access. It's done pretty well so far.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

7 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

never underestimate the power of being able to reach things! like when tall people leave OHP set up above my head. 

Amen and amen. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Yesterday fell apart a little bit in the diet department. I did the Christmas dinner testing, everything was delicious. I put too much food on my plate. And instead of stopping when I was full, I felt like I had to eat most of what was on my plate. Moral of the story: 1) stop when full 2) use a smaller plate for big meals. To note: I estimated I still only ate 2086 cals, despite feeling pretty full. And that is well below maintenance for me. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7322728

Did overcome some Tuesday discomforts though: 

- drank all the waters, filled up my water bottle when I wanted to be lazy 

- sent two uncomfortable work emails

- didn't eat any office cupcakes

- went grocery shopping hungry starving and only bought what was on my list

Wednesday Goals: 

- woke up heavy probably from eating late and extra, so drink all the water to stay full and remove food salt

- 1900 calories

- work on a work thing I could avoid because it's my last week at this job. do it anyway. I have it on my calendar to work on it for an hour this morning. 

After work:

- pack up the boots I need to return that I already submitted the exchange for on Amazon

- read for 30 minutes

• Like 3

20 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

you can do this! the plan is good!

good thing we all made this plan happen because the 3-5" forecast has transformed into a 5-8" of snow this afternoon forecast! Definitely postponing my Wed workout to Thurs. 

T-Rex-Shovels-Snow-GIF.gif

It MAY still snow into tomorrow evening, but Powerhouse is basically across the street if it comes to that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

good thing we all made this plan happen because the 3-5" forecast has transformed into a 5-8" of snow this afternoon forecast! Definitely postponing my Wed workout to Thurs. 

That was what happened here on Friday. More intense than we were sold. Woulda been nice to know in advance, yeah??

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

never underestimate the power of being able to reach things! like when tall people leave OHP set up above my head. 

I can promise I've never done that.

• Like 2

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

I was 80% sure by the end of the day yesterday that shark week is arriving early. And then I woke up almost 2# bloated this morning. >_> I think some of this is from eating salty holiday meal testing. So I am buying salad for lunch today and not eating turkey, stuffing, and cornbread casserole. > sad face <  Bloat usually starts around the 15th of the month and lasts 7-10 days and is in the order of 2-4#. Is it time for menopause yet? 

tenor.gif?itemid=5148573

Wednesday, it's okay to be uncomfortable: 

- Veto'd a thing I had set up at work due to the snow storm even though it made me look neurotic 

- Signed up for a beginner two day hiking/rustic cabin thing in March!

- Came home and immediately started shoveling snow

- Finished shoveling before Mr T got home from work so I made protein banana nut muffins with some sad bananas we had lying around. 

I didn't read, but I did make those muffins. And I made myself package up the shoes to return this morning, since I was supposed to do it last night. I'll have to make an effort to read tomorrow night instead of just watching Netflix. 

Thursday goal:

ONE GOAL: WATER WATER WATER

Week's Plan: 

• Thursday:  return shoes to UPS by farfit. barbell club. 
  • Friday: READ & food prep for Saturday's party (making a dessert {dessert is also a test for x-mas}) (decided not to make the cornbread muffins to save time and money)
  • Saturday: AM barbell club, PM household holiday party. 
  • Sunday: hike with Mr T and then go to the DSW near the state park to shop for him to get some snow boots to wear into work for his new job
  • Like 3

muffins! i could go for a muffin.

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

11 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

They are my second favorite protein delivery system, second only to protein pancakes. I mean, if we are taking the effort to make them out of the equation. 

My favourite protein delivery system is steak... 

You're doing an amazing job with the fitness and such, BTW!

• Like 2

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

martha-fork.gif?w=1100

(I think Martha and Snoop's cooking show is going to be my theme for the rest of December!)

Thursday: 

- said no to a potluck so I could stay within my tracked food for the day

- got stuck in traffic on my way to farfit, made an executive decision to go take the shoes back to the UPS by me and make myself workout at Powerhouse. Getting re-acclimated to PH will be helpful for over the winter when there will be days it is unsafe to drive to farfit. Using my favorite squat racks is not a good reason to put my life in danger. 

Friday goals: 

- 60 oz of water before I leave work

- 30 min of reading 

- send the email to certain colleagues who will need the contact info of the person temporarily covering me

- make a food game plan for tomorrow's holiday party 

Week's Plan: 

• Friday: read & food prep for Saturday's party (making a dessert {dessert is also a test for x-mas}) 
  • Saturday: AM barbell club, PM household holiday party. 
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

martha-fork.gif?w=1100

(I think Martha and Snoop's cooking show is going to be my theme for the rest of December!)

I NEED TO WATCH THIS. IS IT ON HULU?

38 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Thursday: 

- got stuck in traffic on my way to farfit, made an executive decision to go take the shoes back to the UPS by me and make myself workout at Powerhouse. Getting re-acclimated to PH will be helpful for over the winter when there will be days it is unsafe to drive to farfit. Using my favorite squat racks is not a good reason to put my life in danger. 

check and check!! awesome.

Instagram | pinterest

2 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I NEED TO WATCH THIS. IS IT ON HULU?

We never finished watching it, but I plan to this season! I am pretty sure I watched a few episodes on Amazon, not sure about Hulu. You need to at least watch some of it because it's worth it for at least the chuckle of the concept! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Thursday: 

But I mean, what are you gonna do, not train?? Lol. It's good to have a Plan B.

• Like 1

On our way to the holiday party. I got this! No mindless eating. Track all the calories. Stop when full. Fill up on water. <3

20 hours ago, Urgan said:

But I mean, what are you gonna do, not train?? Lol. It's good to have a Plan B.

This is the benefit of my having a back up sub-par gym 2 minutes away. ;) 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

On our way to the holiday party. I got this! No mindless eating. Track all the calories. Stop when full. Fill up on water. <3

All the water. All of it.

41 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

This is the benefit of my having a back up sub-par gym 2 minutes away. ;)

NO EXCUSES NO BRAKES ON THE GAIN TRAIN. 

• Like 1

On December 16, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Urgan said:

All the water. All of it.

NO EXCUSES NO BRAKES ON THE GAIN TRAIN. 

I did good at the party AND the after party! Posting my intentions here definitely helped. I won that day. 

This update brought to you by my phone because today is: new job, who dis?

I am bloated due to #beingawoman so I'm not too worried about being 2# up from target. I gain 2-4# this time o' the month. As long as I stay on plan I should come in under target next Monday. Mission don't-gain-any-holiday-weight is still going fabulously. 

We hiked in pretty deep snow yesterday and damn that's a serious workout. So that was my Sunday win, along with not eating candy bars I was given on Friday. 

Today's goals are to use all my people skills and get to know folks at the new job while not forgetting to drink water!

• Like 6

good luck today!! 

Instagram | pinterest

18 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

good luck today!! 

It went pretty good! I started to get a little information overload in the late afternoon. But I think that is to be expected. 

Monday, making the uncomfortable comfortable: 

- even though I gave into new office treats, I made myself limit dinner and stay within my calorie target

- made a point to chat with new colleagues 

Soooo much office junk. Last week was the students last week so there was all kinds of leftover cookies, chocolate, and chips with almost no one left to eat them. 

Tuesday Goals:

-1900 calories

- 60 oz of water before I leave work

- left in room in lunch calories to have one 150 calorie treat at the office holiday party at 2:00 pm. stick to the goal. this way I can have one thing and not look like the crazy lady I am with powerlifting weight class goals >_> 

Also, with my new job I don't have to park and take the bus in any more. I can park on campus and then it is a 12 min walk from my car to my office. This will give me some extra movement in my day, hopefully burn a few extra calories in the long run. 

• Like 4