Jord - tackles inertia

animal-gif-079-001.gif

(teamwork makes the dream work?)

Monday:

- A snow storm developed so I decided to work out at home. Which is a potential recipe for not working out at all. I sucked it up and did my lifting and then 20 min of yoga. Well, except I picked a fitnessblender one that said it was for posture and it involved some actual upper body exercise, GASP! So I burned a few extra calories?

-I think I'm going to start the Adrienne Yoga 30 day thing today (obviously not doing the 30 days consecutively). (This thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXU591OYOHA&list=PLui6Eyny-UzwxbWCWDbTzEwsZnnROBTIL ) I kind of flipped through the first 6 and didn't see anything that would kill me.

- 2038 cals, 115g protein, 33g fiber (within a reasonable number of cals, so calling it success)

- pre-period bloat is evaporating. back into the 195's and was up at 198. my bloat was not messing around this time. It's normally 2-4# but usually around 2, this time my body was taking all the water hostage, all of it.

Jan 29 - Feb 4

1975 cals:      [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Frugal:            [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Water:             [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Yoga:              [ x ] [   ] [   ]

Lifting was:

back squats

DB floor press

band pull-aparts

sorinex leg curls (but I was at home so put towels under my heels and did it on the wood floor)

split squats (except I had taken my shoes off and my toes wouldn't let me so I did goblet squats)

:bull_head:

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

- pre-period bloat is evaporating. back into the 195's and was up at 198. my bloat was not messing around this time. It's normally 2-4# but usually around 2, this time my body was taking all the water hostage, all of it.

Memo to body: It's a fail when you take hostage something/one the other guy doesn't care about.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

nice job doing the at-home workout. we gots all your snow this morning.

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

Memo to body: It's a fail when you take hostage something/one the other guy doesn't care about.

seriously body, you can release the water any time you want

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

nice job doing the at-home workout. we gots all your snow this morning.

yes, and more is coming on Saturday, so your Sunday should be a winter party? I'm actually looking forward to it because I got this snow gear and damnit I want at least one more snow hike. :ph34r:

this is sounding like a good Sunday plan.... lol... hike and then have some hot alcohol infused beverage when I get home and plan that as my one drinking this week. (I'm learning that I actually prefer to drink on Sunday because I can go to work tired but I can't get myself to the gym hungover... >_> mainly out of worry of injury with dehydrated muscles )

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Or just shoot it out back. Whichever.

• Haha 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

42 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

yes, and more is coming on Saturday, so your Sunday should be a winter party? I'm actually looking forward to it because I got this snow gear and damnit I want at least one more snow hike. :ph34r:

this is sounding like a good Sunday plan.... lol... hike and then have some hot alcohol infused beverage when I get home and plan that as my one drinking this week. (I'm learning that I actually prefer to drink on Sunday because I can go to work tired but I can't get myself to the gym hungover... >_> mainly out of worry of injury with dehydrated muscles )

giphy.gif

haha! thanks for the heads up. i had no idea. looks like a slushy mess on sunday for us. i really like your hike plans thoooo

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

scottsushi-58b71f1eeed7d.gif

Tuesday

- I did the first day of the 30 days of yoga with Adrienne (the series from 3 years ago). Guess what? I'm not at all flexible and my arms suck for planks/downward dogs. I mean, I already knew that from past yoga but it was a blaring reminder, lol. I guess this is why I'm doing it though... My hips are really tight and only top of that my ankles get sore from bending when sitting cross-legged. Do yoga they said, it'll be relaxing they said. But let's just take this one day at a time, eh?

- I've kind of forgotten this week about getting comfortable with the uncomfortable, I mean I'm doing it but not thinking about it as such, so let's not forget that mantra.

- 1962 cals, 117g protein, 32g fiber

Jan 29 - Feb 4

1975 cals:      [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Frugal:            [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Water:             [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Yoga:              [ x ] [ x ] [   ]

• Like 3

sounds like you got comfortable with the uncomfortable yesterday! it's ingrained now

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sounds like you got comfortable with the uncomfortable yesterday! it's ingrained now

it was definitely uncomfortable! lol. but, I guess if it was comfy I wouldn't need it and my squats wouldn't be so ugly...

24 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

I tried that day 1 of 30 days of yoga a couple years ago, and it was so humbling! Props to you for committing to 30 days of it. :D

haha, I am NOT going to do all 30 days consecutively. I am doing to do them in order though. I.e. Tuesday I did Day 1 and on Thursday I'm gong to do Day 2. The goal is 3 days per week but I can do extra if I have time or feel up to it. Since my current lifting program is for back recovery, some of my sessions are shorter and are all lighter, so now is a great time to dive deep into yoga, build the habit while I have lower intensity lifting workouts.

• Like 2

f859c05c11cfe69b2d47f8f07234a3e5a5f04dc2

Wednesday:

- Had a really productive meeting at work where I stepped outside my comfort zone to help facilitate some discussion.

- I was super determined to do some frelling cardio, so I busted out some arc trainer at a speed never before achieved, ahaaha. Usually I phone it in as a little bonus cal burn. As a consequence I got home super famished and had only save an apple for calories and went over cals. I was under maintenance cals though so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

- I'm also annoyed when I use my water tracking app (which is rarely) so I'm making myself use it which I think falls under being uncomfortable. :ambivalence:

- 2133 cals, 118g protein, 46g fiber

Jan 29 - Feb 4

1975 cals:      [ x ] [ x ] [ o ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Frugal:            [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Water:             [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Yoga:              [ x ] [ x ] [   ]

Bench Press

Set 1: 45 lb × 5

Set 2: 50 lb × 5

Set 3: 60 lb × 5

Set 4: 45 lb × 5

Set 5: 45 lb × 5

Box Squats

Set 1: 15 lb × 10

Set 2: 15 lb × 10

Set 3: 15 lb × 10

Notes: Goblet box squats for depth

Step Ups

Set 1: 0 lb × 10

Set 2: 0 lb × 10

Notes: 14" box

TRX Lateral Squat

Set 1: 6 reps

Set 2: 6 reps

Physioball Roll-outs

Set 1: 10 reps

Set 2: 10 reps

Sled Push/Pull

Set 1: 215 lb × 3

Notes: 40 yards push pull x3

(this was hands down the hardest part of the workout, sleds are so hard, sleds, why are you so hard?)

ARC Trainer

Set 1: 1.25 mi | 30 min

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

- I'm also annoyed when I use my water tracking app (which is rarely) so I'm making myself use it which I think falls under being uncomfortable. :ambivalence:

Which app was this again? Is it hard to meet its standards?

31 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Which app was this again? Is it hard to meet its standards?

It's not hard to meet, I just suck at remembering how much I drank and when and clicking to enter it as such. Which is silly because I use MFP and a lifting app but somehow clicking two taps is too much work for me...

I use WaterMinder and I DO like the interface, I'm just lazy.

42 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

It's not hard to meet, I just suck at remembering how much I drank and when and clicking to enter it as such. Which is silly because I use MFP and a lifting app but somehow clicking two taps is too much work for me...

I use WaterMinder and I DO like the interface, I'm just lazy.

It is one more thing to juggle, a new habit. It's not that the habit is difficult, it's that it exists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2018 at 12:51 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

- I did the first day of the 30 days of yoga with Adrienne (the series from 3 years ago). Guess what? I'm not at all flexible and my arms suck for planks/downward dogs. I mean, I already knew that from past yoga but it was a blaring reminder, lol. I guess this is why I'm doing it though... My hips are really tight and only top of that my ankles get sore from bending when sitting cross-legged. Do yoga they said, it'll be relaxing they said. But let's just take this one day at a time, eh?

I'm in the same boat with the downward dog, but with my feet. It really brought the ankle problems to the forefront of my mind - I might join ya on the yoga train soon. I think she also is doing another series just like it again?

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

16 minutes ago, Echocheanic said:

I'm in the same boat with the downward dog, but with my feet. It really brought the ankle problems to the forefront of my mind - I might join ya on the yoga train soon. I think she also is doing another series just like it again?

Yeah, she's got at least 3 different 30 day yoga things! So you have your pick. I figured the oldest would be the least intense? But I made that rationale up in my mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Yeah, she's got at least 3 different 30 day yoga things! So you have your pick. I figured the oldest would be the least intense? But I made that rationale up in my mind.

I'll see which ones I like best. I am not good with the whole 'ommmm' calming down thing. I think that is why I like circuits, it's all go go go. 

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

3 minutes ago, Echocheanic said:

I'll see which ones I like best. I am not good with the whole 'ommmm' calming down thing. I think that is why I like circuits, it's all go go go. 

Well, if you are doing beginner yoga it ain't gonna be all go go go because your joints are not gonna be all go go go, lol.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Well, if you are doing beginner yoga it ain't gonna be all go go go because your joints are not gonna be all go go go, lol.

:D yeah that is why I haven't started yet. I tried once and the video was all 'take a deep breath' over and over and I groaned so much. I like putting in effort, I spend too much time in my own head to do the mediating focus thing.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Echocheanic said:

:D yeah that is why I haven't started yet. I tried once and the video was all 'take a deep breath' over and over and I groaned so much. I like putting in effort, I spend too much time in my own head to do the mediating focus thing.

I don't yoga much these days, but when I did I could be spotted skipping past that part on videos....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Echocheanic said:

16 hours ago, Urgan said:

I don't yoga much these days, but when I did I could be spotted skipping past that part on videos....

I'm so early on and incapable that I basically skip anything I don't feel like doing, lol and just do some other random stretch. I used to do that too when I did those HIIT videos, cough cough burpees.

• Like 1

creepy_co_bitch_i_might_believe_pin.jpg

Thursday:

- First of all, IT'S FRIDAY BITCHES

- okay, got that off my chest

- I walked on my lunch break for 1.5 miles. Went into some buildings and saw some cool shit. Got lost in the labs area of an older building, oops.

- Switched dinner plans with Saturday so I could have more time to chillax and do my yoga. I made mac and cheese with ground turkey and peas. Ethiopian tofu and broccoli got moved to Saturday. Tofu takes so long to cook properly ya'll.

- Yoga involved way too many damn down dogs, but I got through it. Building that habit and what not. I reached my 3x week goal but I'll probably do another one this weekend.

- speaking of B's, that enamel pin above, showed up in my FB newsfeed, and now I need it. - _ -  It's within my $10 week of non-essential spending. I also found it as a mug... but the mug doesn't look old school. I might be on a mission to find the right accessory to own... pin or the mug guys?

Jan 29 - Feb 4

1975 cals:      [ x ] [ x ] [ o ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Frugal:            [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Water:             [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [   ] [   ] [   ]

Yoga:              [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]

• Like 3

- Switched dinner plans with Saturday so I could have more time to chillax and do my yoga. I made mac and cheese with ground turkey and peas. Ethiopian tofu and broccoli got moved to Saturday. Tofu takes so long to cook properly ya'll.

Speak to me of this mac and cheese.

- speaking of B's, that enamel pin above, showed up in my FB newsfeed, and now I need it. - _ -  It's within my $10 week of non-essential spending. I also found it as a mug... but the mug doesn't look old school. I might be on a mission to find the right accessory to own... pin or the mug guys?

The pin looks better, but the mug is useful. Decisions.

16 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Speak to me of this mac and cheese.

I'm not going to lie, I had and used a coupon for the boxed mac and cheese with the liquid cheese (store brand velveeta type stuff). I cooked up the ground turkey half way through added frozen peas, a little butter, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Squeezed the cheese into that mess and when the noodles were done stirred those in. Ate mine with sriracha because of course... and there are leftovers for today.

The pin looks better, but the mug is useful. Decisions.

Well.... it's a moot point now because I was dicking around on REI garage and got myself a pair of rain pants and a rain coat for the upcoming hiking season. So neither of those (pin nor mug) are happening now, lol. I have three trips this year that involve hiking in possible rain, so I don't feel particularly guilty. (March, May and October). I have no rain pants and my current rain coat is a) very insulated and b ) so big on me as to be ridiculous.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

... and there are leftovers for today.

Honestly, why does anybody cook any other way?? There MUST be leftovers. Especially of something really good. How else does one survive Thursday?

6 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Well.... it's a moot point now because I was dicking around on REI garage and got myself a pair of rain pants and a rain coat for the upcoming hiking season. So neither of those (pin nor mug) are happening now, lol. I have three trips this year that involve hiking in possible rain, so I don't feel particularly guilty. (March, May and October). I have no rain pants and my current rain coat is a) very insulated and b ) so big on me as to be ridiculous.

Well that answers that!