Onward and upward!

fastergrace

Hello fellow rebels! I'm starting my second challenge.

** Diet **

• When I do drink alcohol, replace fail drinks (I'm looking at you, sugary cocktails and beer) with better alternatives (like red wine or vodka soda) - see the Can I Still Drink Alcohol? quest. This goal is one I'm rolling over from my previous challenge, as I didn't do nearly as well as I wanted to and need to keep working on this habit. 
  • Defeat the sugar beast! Cut out refined sugars, and limit the use of other sweeteners like maple syrup and honey. 

** Fitness **

• Complete one of the following each week: three bodyweight workouts (I'm still on the 1A/1B series but maybe I can progress this month!) or two bodyweight workouts and one kickboxing class.
  • Participate in the 30 day yoga challenge - complete at least 10 minutes of yoga per day!

** Level Up My Life **

• Spend at least one hour each week de-cluttering and organizing my room
  • Like 5

fastergrace, Level 5 Assasin

Current weight: 255.8 lbs | Staring weight: 264 lbs | Goal weight: 145 lbs

Current Challenge | Daily Battle Log | MFP Food Diary (Be my friend!)

"YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" -Death (Terry Prachett - Hogfather)

It's not uncommon for me to have an alcohol-related challenge goal, so I can completely understand where you're coming from. I've also been trying to become more aware of what sort of sugar I'm consuming and trying to cut down on any of the processed variety. It can be a tough enemy to combat but not an unbeatable one.

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

I'm participating in Staci's 30 day yoga challenge, which started yesterday, so I'm going to modify my fitness goal to reflect that. :)

• Like 1

"YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" -Death (Terry Prachett - Hogfather)

Day one. I could have done better. :ambivalence:

** Sun 12/04 **

• When I do drink alcohol, replace fail drinks with better alternatives - Fail. I had a beer and some cocktails. :/
  • Defeat the sugar beast! - Also fail. I ate a cookie. :/
  • Complete 3x bodyweight and/or kicboxing workouts - Nada today, but still in line to meet this week's quota so that's all good.
  • 10 mins of yoga each day - Done! I did a shoulder mobility session from NF Yoga.
  • Spend at least one hour each week de-cluttering and organizing my room - Nothing on this today. I won't likely have time until later this week, but I'll get it done! 

I still know the struggle with alcohol, hope the challenge goes well for you this time round and you feel some improvement! I've tweaked my alcohol challenge to reflect the festive season, so I won't punish myself over days when no-one should be punishing themselves, full-stop. Also I find it helps to just 'dilute' the alcohol with a lot of water before or after a few drinks, both for the hangover and also to lessen the effect the sugar has on my body.

Following once again, you got this!

• Like 1

NF Challenges!

2015 | 1 | 2 | 3 |

2016 | 4 | 5 |

2017 | 6 | 7 |

tumblr art | deviantart | twitter

Oh, folks, my first week was a monumental failure. I didn't accomplish any of my goals. I went off the rails. But, that doesn't mean that I can't get them done the rest of the month. Today, I'm getting things going with a bodyweight workout and an nf yoga water session. 

• Like 2

That's ok though! We all have bad days, bad weeks...I had a bad six to eight months this year! But if you're looking at this and you still want to continue to try your hardest and do the best you can, then you're still on the right track regardless.

If the goals this time round aren't feeling quite right for you, it's ok to either tone them down or tweak them, so to give yourself leeway and stop feeling so pressured to succeed (especially in the run-up to Christmas)! Keep going, we're running right along side you. :)

• Like 2

NF Challenges!

2015 | 1 | 2 | 3 |

2016 | 4 | 5 |

2017 | 6 | 7 |

tumblr art | deviantart | twitter

On 12/11/2016 at 0:31 PM, Spikings said:

That's ok though! We all have bad days, bad weeks...I had a bad six to eight months this year! But if you're looking at this and you still want to continue to try your hardest and do the best you can, then you're still on the right track regardless.

If the goals this time round aren't feeling quite right for you, it's ok to either tone them down or tweak them, so to give yourself leeway and stop feeling so pressured to succeed (especially in the run-up to Christmas)! Keep going, we're running right along side you. :)

This is spot on. Just look at where you failed and make adjustments accordingly. This isn't over yet.

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar