Tishnicden regains control, seeks revenge

tishnicden

This challenge is getting its hypothetical ass handed to it. After the battle that was last challenge, I'm not messing around. That doesn't mean there won't be obstacles. I'm looking at you weeks 3&4. I'll be home with the kids, which makes it a little more difficult for me to stay on track. When I'm at work, I can pack my food and not be tempted by other options. What I bring is all I have. When I'm home with the kids... I usually end up eating their leftovers and handfuls of goldfish. Exercise is chasing them around the house, and picking them up just to put them down again. Repeat x10^1000. It's also the holidays, and the one yr anniversary of DH's friends' death. With all that in mind, I plan on keeping my goals simple. I'll already be stressed about getting and wrapping gifts, cleaning the house, making dishes for the different family get togethers, trying to keep those around me ok, etc. I really don't want to set myself up for failure, especially going into the new year. I will be focusing mainly on the things I can control.

As always, my challenge week begins on Monday and ends on Saturday.

Do BBWW 3x/wk. I have really wanted to dedicate some time to this, but haven't because in my mind, it's too simple. But,  that's the real beauty of BW. It's simple and you can do it anywhere. And just because it's simple doesn't mean it's easy. You can always make modifications to make it however you want.

6a00e54ed60b87883301a511e113d9970c-800wi

Take all medication, every day. This is a big one for me. If I'm going to make it though the holidays, I'm going to have to stay on schedule with my meds. Otherwise , I'll lose my shit, and she-hulk will have a Christmas special. Nobody wants that.

winning.jpg

Eat a healthy/nutritious/protein rich breakfast and lunch 4/6 days. This is where my batch cooking comes in. It will be admittedly more difficult come the end of this month, but I think if I plan for that, it will make all the difference. For clarification, I put protein rich because I generally do not get enough protein. I want to focus on protein and veggies, and stop eating like an asshole.

funny-cat-meme-cake.jpg

• Like 1

WEEK 1 - H2O X X X | FOOD X X X X | ZUMBA X | 
WEEK 2 - H2O
X ✓ ✓ XX️ X️  | FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️   | ZUMBA  | 
WEEK 3 - H2O 
X️ X️ ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️X️️| FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ X️️  X️ ️️| ZUMBA ️️ | 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
◽◽◽◽◽ | FOOD ◽◽◽◽◽️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

Challenges: 1 | 23 | 45 | 6 | 7 | 8Current
Find me on: MyFitnessPal & Fitbit  [[My Character]]   

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

Just now, Maigahane said:

Not that I want you to lose your shit but a she-hulk Christmas special sounds like fun :)

LMAO I knew someone would say that. When I was typing this out last night I added "Okay, so there MIGHT be a market, but I am really not interested in spending the holidays in jail, or a straight jacket."

• Like 1

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

On 11/29/2016 at 1:46 AM, Muir said:

Hello! Following along. :)

Welcome!!

On 11/29/2016 at 2:51 AM, tonbaldin said:

with kids around, exercising is guaranteed!

following along!

Ain't that the truth. Thanks for following!!

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚

Happy day one to me!

Started off with a bang... but before I get to that...

I realized this morning that I have been acting like a toddler. I haven't been able to lift in a long time. I daydream about lifting. I dream at night about lifting. I plan ways to get my home gym IN my home. I just haven't been able to go to the gym and lift. Now, I know, I know, we make time for things that are important to us. I get that, and I totally could hit the gym, but I would have two two year olds in tow. Can it be done, sure, but the stress and possible injuries of all involved isn't worth it. So, I have been sitting around pouting with the attitude of "If I can't lift, then I won't do anything until I can so *blows raspberry*" I admittedly, have snubbed body weight workouts. For me, they have just seemed boring and they don't give me the rush that lifting does. After a good lift sesh, I feel like I can take on the world. After a couple push ups, I'm like, yay, you can pick yourself up. SOOOOO, I am hoping to break my bad attitude this challenge and go into 2017 feeling great.

Saturday I got my domestic rangering in. I washed something like 5 loads of clothes and 2 loads of towels. Two toddlers and DH works in the woods. I freaking hate laundry. Anyways, I got it all washed and was seriously procrastinating on folding. Decided I would wake up early Sunday and do it. Woke up Sunday morning and found that DH had folded everything except one load of towels while I was sleeping. BEST DH EVER. I gladly put everything away.

Sunday is my batch cook day. I took chicken out Saturday and waited all damn day Sunday for it to thaw. I picked up some bags of steamfresh veggies, because I can cook those on the go. We ended up going to the coast yesterday, so cooking the chicken wasn't an option anyways. Got home last night and as I was laying in bed waiting for the girls to fall asleep, I was catching up on missed posts via my email. Thank you, @Tanktimus the Encourager for your Week One speech. Totally motivated me to cook my chicken after the kids were asleep. I was like you know, it doesn't even take 10 minutes to do. Season, put on the grill, done. So yeah, thanks for that.

This morning I jumped on the scale. I have gained 6lbs since last month. Some of it is water weight, a lot of it is cheesecake. Hoping to drop those ASAP. Got my Beginner Body Weight Workout in. WOW. I severely underestimated it. I only did one round. My asthma seriously started acting up and I had to use my rescue inhaler. I did all the squats, most of them "ass to grass". I am not used to doing that many in one set, so I think I will mix them up. Something like 5 normal, 5 sumo, 5 single leg (each side) and 5 plie/releve. I did all the push ups on my knees. Walking lunges killed, but I got them done. I did the dumbbell rows using a 5lbs weight and it was way too easy. I'm going to use my kettlebell next time. The plank was easy enough as well. I am contemplating increasing each time by 5 seconds. And of course the jumping jacks were just awesome. I look forward to progressing in this throughout my challenge.

This morning as I was grabbing my food for the day, I realized we were out of avocado. It was almost the end of the world. I have such a hard time getting enough fat in my meals. Luckily, coconut oil to the rescue. Didn't really have anything to put it on or to cook in it, so I decided to just put half a tablespoon in my tea. It's delish btw, and I am now super interested in bulletproof coffee. With the added CNO, I have just about hit my macros. My only variable is dinner. Woohoo!!!

Carbs - 22% of 25%
Fat - 36% of 40%
Protein - 42% of 35%

Soooo, now I think I am all caught up on everything. I am definitely looking forward to this challenge!!

• Like 2

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚

Thanks!

I'm struggling right now. The first 3 days of cutting out simple carbs is always hell. Add that I am beyond stressed with work stuff... all I want is junk food. I would kill for a pizza right now....

• Like 1

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚

11 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

I feel you on this. The only thing that has kept me from getting a pizza this last week is my detailed meal plan

DH is really trying to be supportive and asked for chicken and veggies for dinner. I just got a text coupon though for BOGO breadsticks at our pizza place. I need to just focus. I think I am going to make myself a spicy grilled chicken burrito for dinner. Just focus on the burrito....

• Like 1

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚

1 minute ago, tishnicden said:

DH is really trying to be supportive and asked for chicken and veggies for dinner. I just got a text coupon though for BOGO breadsticks at our pizza place. I need to just focus. I think I am going to make myself a spicy grilled chicken burrito for dinner. Just focus on the burrito....

Supportive spouses definitely help. Mine is good in that he generally prefers my cooking over other foods, but he likes all foods so if going out to eat is even hinted at he's for it. And since he doesn't cook if I don't feel like it the easy solution is pizza. I have Pizza Hut coupons on my fridge...my saving grace there is we prefer a local chain that is better and way closer (too close actually, less than a mile away)

• Like 1
Just now, Maigahane said:

Supportive spouses definitely help

Definitely. Mine has been so-so in the past. He is a picky eater and has a hard time saying no to fried foods. He understands how much my eating is affecting me, though, and I am thankful that I finally got through to him. lol. We both have unhealthy relationships with food (eating our feelings, food as a coping mechanism etc) and we finally BOTH recognize that. It's a process but as always, identifying the issue is key. If I can keep my snacking in check once I get home, I should be ok. I'll be busy putting up our Christmas tree and chasing the girls and making dinner.

• Like 2

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚

Pizza! My DH's favorite food.

When I was doing regular paleo, I made this crust he absolutely loved called Magic Wonder Dough and it was amazing.

Aside from other doughs I ended up not liking as much and/or cost a quintillion dollars I've done:

Pizza casserole featuring spaghetti squash

Meatzas (ground beef crust)

Pizza stuff on baked chicken breasts

Pizza stuff in baked sweet potatoes

And I've seen pizza stuff on baked eggplant rounds, but my DH wouldn't touch that with a 10-foot pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Wow, this week flew by.

So, I last posted about wanting pizza.... I held it together pretty well for another 2 hours, then I ended up binging on candy. It was bad.

Tuesday I did ok as far as food was concerned. I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch and got plenty of protein. I also took all my meds, so YAY.

Wednesday I did my BBWW and kicked ass. I did two rounds this time and could have done three but didn't want to push it. I realized last night that I totally forgot to do the push ups, though. So, that's probably why I felt like I could do another round. The squats weren't as hard, neither were the lunges. I also wasn't as sore. I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch, again, with plenty of protein. And, of course, took my meds. It was a stressful day, however, and I did eat pizza for dinner.

Thursday I was cravingggggg a sandwich for lunch, but pushed through and ate my chicken and veggies. My chicken was super dry, more like jerky. I need to probably batch cook twice a week. meds? check.

Today I have eaten fairly well. It has been a super stressful week and I am soooo happy it's Friday. Pretty much every night this week I have told myself I am going to have a glass of wine, but I haven't. I think tonight is the night, as long as I don't fall asleep when I put the girls in bed. I haven't done my BBWW, yet. If I don't do it tonight I will do it in the morning. I haven't had much interest in checking in because I have been overloading my brain at work and by the time I would actually have time to check in, I don't even want to look at words. Pretty sure I am turning my phone off all weekend and just trying to relax. Tomorrow is our work holiday party. Not sure if we're going because we need a sitter and my mom hasn't got back to me.

I have been keeping up with the posts I follow via email. That's you @Muir @Maigahane @darkfoxx and @Tanktimus the Encourager. All four of you guys have been doing awesome and keeping me pushing through. I would post on your things individually... but that whole looking at words making my head feel like its going to explode thing...

• Like 3

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚

11 hours ago, tishnicden said:

I have been keeping up with the posts I follow via email. That's you @Muir @Maigahane @darkfoxx and @Tanktimus the Encourager. All four of you guys have been doing awesome and keeping me pushing through. I would post on your things individually... but that whole looking at words making my head feel like its going to explode thing...

You do what you can and that's good enough. Great job on the last week. You gave in on a few things, but made up for it in other areas. And really, giving in to cravings every so often is not a bad thing. If a slice of pizza once a week helps you destress, then I would say that it's well worth it.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

2016 Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Previous challenges:  New Year Challenge , Muir Does Stuff, :apple:    

It's all good - you do you and relax! Hope your weekend was fantastic and you're ready to attack Week 2 with a vengeance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Thanks everyone.

I forgot to add that I weighed myself Friday and I was down 2.3lbs. I knew it was mostly water weight. Yay!

I didn't get my third workout in last week. Friday was insanely busy and I was the only one running the office. By Friday evening I was exhausted. Saturday, I woke up and was on a roll getting my domestic rangering in, but by the afternoon I was in a funk. Didn't get my BBWW in, but I did head out to my office's Christmas party. I proceeded to be awkward AF, but DH and I had a good time.

Usually, Sunday's are my batch cooking day, but I totally forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer until like 3pm, so I am winging it today. I am going to attempt to make chicken taco/fajita bowls this evening. I am also cooking the chicken in a slow cooker this time because last week I ended up with chicken jerky by Thursday.

This morning I woke up determined to get my workout in and get this week started right. When I went to do my push ups from my knees, I head a loud pop then crunching in my knee. ugh. I did my push ups with that leg straight but when I went to do my second round of squats it was crunchy/creaky, so I called it. I have chondromalacia in that knee and I ran out of my meds for it last week. I should've saw this coming. I am however, going to pursue more PT. We have a really good PT clinic here, so I am going to see my Dr and get a referral.

• Like 2

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚

Sooooo...

I am working on putting together a work out routine. I'm thinking kettlebell swings. I'll put it together on Fitocracy and then post it here. 

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚

2 hours ago, tishnicden said:

Sooooo...

I am working on putting together a work out routine. I'm thinking kettlebell swings. I'll put it together on Fitocracy and then post it here. 

In my searching for the perfect KB workout that DOESN'T include things that would aggravate my knee, I came across a KB swing challenge that caught my attention. 10,000 swings in 30 days. Now, right now that's just out of my league, however, it is something I want to work towards doing. That being said, I will be doing 100 swings per workout, 10 per minute for 10 minutes. Depending on how I progress, I maybe bump it up to 200 (20 per minute). I will hopefully be doing some accessory work as well.

• Like 1

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚

17 minutes ago, tishnicden said:

In my searching for the perfect KB workout that DOESN'T include things that would aggravate my knee, I came across a KB swing challenge that caught my attention. 10,000 swings in 30 days. Now, right now that's just out of my league, however, it is something I want to work towards doing. That being said, I will be doing 100 swings per workout, 10 per minute for 10 minutes. Depending on how I progress, I maybe bump it up to 200 (20 per minute). I will hopefully be doing some accessory work as well.

Changed my mind again.

5 Rounds:
10 KB Deadlifts
20 KB Swings
30 Around the World

• Like 2

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚