Saxon goes Mediaeval

Saxon

Hi all

a long time ago I used to be on here under another name. I learned a lot from other people but otherwise achieved little, classic case of collecting underpants. Now I feel like a bit of different person so thought I would come back under a new name and embrace my knightly inner self.

from the middle of England, surrounded by castles and history It is hard to not feel a bit like a knight. I reckon knights are the ultimate hero they are strong, tough and dedicated, and also kind and with a good moral compass - not a bad thing to strive for

on to the challenge

Goal 1 - Eat Like a Knight

A little bit like going paleo or 'only eating food your grandma would recognise', But keeping it on theme.

sure knights didn't eat perfectly what with beer and cheese but they didn't eat junk food, crisps and cola so for a first step that's good enough.

i will eat like a knight every week day with 1 non knightly thing a day (trying to make small changes and not shel, shock myself)

Goal 2 - Pull them Home

Best way to travel in winter when you have a heavy pack is by sled. Saxon must pull his kit through the blizzard to the nearest town so that he can get warm and rest.

In the gym sled push 5 times a session, two sessions a week.

Goal 3 - Fight the Darkness

been struggling for the longest time to find exercise I enjoy, way back when I used to do western martial arts and really enjoyed it so I'm thinking something similar could be a great way to lose some weight and get active.

it isn't really close but there is a kendo group the next town over that I keep thinking of going to and keep bottling out of. Challenge here is to go to a class and give it a try.

Goal 4 - Scale the Fortress

back in university I used to live rock climbing, now I keep hitting a strange mental block in that I don't want to go back climbing because I know I won't be as good as when I used to go regularly.

logically that makes perfect sense - of course I will be rusty. Illogically though my brain doesn't want to handle going back and starting over again.

but I need to get past this block to try and fall back in love with something I used to enjoy. Challenge is to go climbing 4 times over the challenge

• Like 1

Hey! Knights are awesome! I always wanted to be a willowy elven rogue, but I think I've finally embraced my role as a bad ass lady knight, (or embraced my dream of it). Who wouldn't want the glory and risk of death? :P

Those are some kingly goals, and I hope you beat your evils. All the best! :D

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Great challenge! Subb'd!

I'm in the same boat as you with climbing... I know my hand strength is a fraction of what it used to be, but I really need to get back to it!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Saxon looked out across the snow cloaked, blasted landscape. At his feet a fortress sprawled out ahead of him, although fortress was too kind a word for the charred and ruined mess he looked upon.

yet it was his, and he was fortunate to have anything at all, a lucky stroke of Fate to be born with right last name. He was the son of a wealthy and powerful lord and the came with certain privileges. The ruined fortress had never bothered him before but things were different now, now he was wed to the beautiful Lady de Winter and that came with responsibilities and had a lit a fire under him to progress.

despite, the cold, snow and poor surroundings of a ruined fort out in the wilderness they had eaten well thanks to a community of hobbits who lived nearby who sold him wholesome food. The food was filling and delicious but Saxon wished for a day when he could provide his own phone, which would keep a little more gold in his coffers.

The frost coated, billowing sheets of his bell tent fluttered as from nowhere a winter gust howled across the grounds. The tent had been their home for some days now and whilst it kept them dry it was barely enough to keep away the cold, even through the thick furs they covered themselves with. What he needed was a structure, something with walls, something they could use as a base for now to keep them warm and drunk co for table whilst he rebuilt the rest of the fortress.

Saxon was a warrior, not a builder, but even he knew how to make a simple alpine lodge, and for that he would need timber.

he kissed his love tenderly and bid her farewell, leaving her in the protection of her two large pets, a panther and snow tiger and set off in to the wilderness, resolute not to return without the materials he needed to build them a home.

• Like 1

Figured it would be. I've to put things in story mode.

the lady is my new wife, the tiger and panther our two cats and the fortress isn't the symbol for my home but for my life, I am in a fortunate position but still have a lot of work to do become the kind of man and husband I want to be.

right now I am looking to get started and to have a base, a platform from which to work - e wooden hut - hopefully I will build that this challenge and be in a better position to move forwards in the next challenge.

the bit with the half kings tells of my current progress on my food goal where I am doing well with keeping to my goal but am so far buying the food a lot of the time, especially lunches at work, which isn't a huge problem because I am keeping to my goal but eventually I want to get organised enough to make/assemble most of my own food which will be cheaper in the long run

• Like 1