EternalJourno is surrounding himself with his Z-Power!

FatboySuave

20 hours ago, Jayniana Jones said:

I think the bonus distance was more fun than washing dishes would've been. 

WAAAAY more fun, lol.

Something even more fun: Zumba! My friends and I went to zumba last night and it kicked my butt. My legs are sooooooo sore today I can barely walk, lol. We also did like an arm dance and I could barely keep up. My arms were tight from my workout the day before and I was kinda embarrassed that I could barely keep my arms held up lol. I also got in a short walk with Booklet before zumba and I mostly stuck to my diet, so yesterday was a really great day.

I also got a message from the local hot yoga instructor. She wants me to come back to her studio to take one of her classes. I had a different instructor last time and she thinks my ill feelings toward hot yoga are because of that. So I think I'm gonna give it a shot next week.

As for my rental problems, I may have found a solution. Some friends who moved out of state a while back are considering coming back for a few months. The only questionable thing is that they won't be here until late February. I told them I couldn't hold it that long, but they said they're willing to pay rent for January to hold it. Any other place in town is going to be way more expensive, so the extra month's rent at my place is actually a money saver for them. We still need to work out the details, but for now things are looking good.

• Like 3

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Previous Challenges: 1 — 23456 — 78910111213 — 14 — 1516 — 17181920 — 2122 — 23 — 24 — 25 

My Z-Power is still in full effect! I was so sore yesterday that I considered giving myself a break from my bodyweight workout. But when I got home, I jumped right into it. Any squatting motions hurt quite a bit, but only at first. I think forcing myself to do them helped me stretch and get the kinks out. I did my C routine the other day, but I'm doing my bodyweight cycle backward because my B routine is the "easy" one and I didn't want to strain myself too much with how sore I was. Then Booklet and I went on a short walk.

Then my lady friend came over for date night. I cooked us a healthy-ish meal and we had a bit of wine. But then, like a bozo, I forgot that she has a gluten sensitivity and I bought some garlic bread. I don't know why I bought it. I'm obviously trying to avoid bread myself, but when I was grocery shopping it just seemed like good date food, I don't know why. I blame Scott Pilgrim vs The World, lol. We ended up watching the movie The Lobster, which was seriously bizarre and unsettling, lol. I didn't know much about it, only that it had something to do with dating and finding your mate, so I thought it might be sort of romantic, but it turns regular human interactions into a creep show, lol. I mean, it was still a good movie, just really, really weird.

This morning I'm off to a good start. One of my coworkers offered to buy me a burrito but I used my Z-Decline and it was very effective!

p03_01.jpg

• Like 3

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Previous Challenges: 1 — 23456 — 78910111213 — 14 — 1516 — 17181920 — 2122 — 23 — 24 — 25 

6 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

Oh, I loved the dark humour of the Lobster, but it's not a first (few) date(s) movie for sure!

Oh, I loved the humor too, but it was also very cringe-inducing, lol. I suppose it's a good date movie to figure out early on if they're as twisted and weird as you are, lol. We both liked it and spent a few minutes afterward trying to interpret the ending and figure out the "theme" or "message" of the movie. The best I could come up with is that it's about the lengths people will go to not be alone.

3 hours ago, Erza Scarlet said:

DBZ and Pokemon? Whoop! Following.

Thanks for the follow and welcome to Alola :)

A quick update to remind myself why I need to stick with my diet: I've been stuck at work all day. My boss was gone, so I was in charge, and some of you know how well I deal with the pressure of that scenario, lol. I was good for breakfast and lunch, but then the stress started setting in, so I ate quite a bit of chocolate. Then I was craving Mexican food for dinner so I went to one of my favorite restaurants for a to-go plate to eat at the office. It was sooooo delicious, but it upset my stomach and I've been hurting ALL afternoon/evening. I need to remember this feeling the next time I'm craving something like that. When my stomach gets used to my healthy diet, I can't punish it with bad food.

• Like 3

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

6 hours ago, EternalJourno said:

it's a good date movie to figure out early on if they're as twisted and weird as you are, lol.

You've got a point there!

6 hours ago, EternalJourno said:

I need to remember this feeling the next time I'm craving something like that.

That helped me stop craving croissants; last time I had them for breakfast I got a terrible heartburn and indigestion.  It was 2  years ago and I still remember that feeling!

• Like 1

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

7 hours ago, EternalJourno said:

I need to remember this feeling the next time I'm craving something like that. When my stomach gets used to my healthy diet, I can't punish it with bad food.

Yes. I need to do this too.

It sounds like your doing awesome.

Hot Yoga sounds amazing and that's cool the instructer reached out to you to try it again.  Teachers makes everything better or worse.

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

I was good for breakfast and lunch, but then the stress started setting in, so I ate quite a bit of chocolate..

Do you have a favourite fruit? You could try eating that instead whenever you crave chocolate. Although I do struggle with junk food, I've noticed recently that if I have a favourite piece of fruit it helps with the cravings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

About me

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4#5

Current: #6

This weekend was not great, but not terrible either. And I'm off to a sluggish start this week. I didn't do my meal prep this weekend. That tends to throw me off. I will do it today though. On Saturday I had a few beers, not good. On Sunday I had friends over for board games. I drank quite a bit, but I opted for rum and Diet Coke, so that sort of feels like a win. I also managed to squeeze in a workout Sunday.

My friends and I are planning to do zumba again this week, on Wednesday. Thursday could be challenging. My friends and I are gonna see Rogue One. They're doing a 7 p.m. showing here, so we may camp in line in the afternoon. I'm sure I'll be tempted to eat junk and probably drink too, lol. But I will for sure get in a bodyweight workout before that.

Week 1 Evaluation

Quest 1 (Workouts): B — My body is struggling to complete some stuff that was relatively easy 2 months ago.

Quest 2 (Walking): C — Only 3 walks. Not great, but better than the past few weeks.

Quest 3 (Alcohol): C — Had 6 drinks.

Quest 4 (Diet): B — Getting back into the swing of my meal prep and cooking.

Life Quests: No progress yet on my budget, but I worked out a deal with some friends to rent out my empty room. We just need to sign a lease. So that's a huge stress relief.

Week 1 Grade: B-

I feel pretty good about the past week, but I know I can do better. My weight is fluctuating between 206 and 209. It may still be possible to reach 200 by the end of the month if I stick to my quests.

• Like 3

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Glad to see that things are still mostly going well. I'm interested to see how your hot yoga session goes considering what happened last time. Maybe this new instructor will be better this time around. I had a similar weekend to you - sort of a mix with some light spread around the dark. Still plenty of time to get things cleaned back up, and it sounds like you're already making steps to making positive plans for the coming weeks. Also, well done for playing the good Samaritan by making sure the neighbor puppy got home safe.

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

On 12/13/2016 at 5:37 PM, Jormungand said:

I'm interested to see how your hot yoga session goes considering what happened last time.

I'm interested too, especially because it's winter now. I've heard from people that it's not as bad as in the summer. But I have to postpone a week because I forgot that I already made plans to see Rogue One with friends tomorrow. I'm going to pack some healthy snacks for the wait in line. No popcorn. No soda. No candy. Most likely an assortment of nuts, fruit and veggies. And plenty of water. 

I just got home from Zumba, and I'm dead. The instructor threw a hell of a surprise at us: Strong by Zumba. It's less dancey, but more high-intensity bodyweight stuff. There were quite a few burpees and similar movements, which I've never really done before. I was surprised to find out that I did OK on them, though. I really enjoyed the class, but I had dinner too close to class time so I was having stomach issues and kept having to stop to use the bathroom, lol. I need to figure out a better eating schedule. Zumba is from 7 to 8, and I try to be in bed by 9 or 10. I don't know if I should maybe eat earlier, or if I should have a snack before and dinner after? I don't want to have dinner too close to when I go to bed though. So maybe I just need to skip dinner on Zumba days? Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Here's a glimpse of Strong:

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:59 AM, EternalJourno said:

I had dinner too close to class time

How close?  I eat lunch about 3-4 hours before my gym session (and that's mostly weights, no bouncy cardio), and then dinner a couple of hours after.  That still leaves me with 2-3 hours of digesting before going to bed.  In your situation, I would try a snack at 5 pm, and then no more food - or a very early dinner (4 pm), depending on the timing and size of your lunch.

• Like 2

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

Maybe not skip dinner, but just move it. What is the span of time between finishing work and going to Zumba? @Vibrantellahad a good point: maybe try to eat as close to 5:00 p.m. as possible, which would leave time for you to settle your stomach before heading to Zumba at 7:00 p.m.

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

On 12/13/2016 at 4:41 PM, EternalJourno said:

This weekend was not great, but not terrible either. And I'm off to a sluggish start this week. I didn't do my meal prep this weekend. That tends to throw me off. I will do it today though. On Saturday I had a few beers, not good. On Sunday I had friends over for board games. I drank quite a bit, but I opted for rum and Diet Coke, so that sort of feels like a win. I also managed to squeeze in a workout Sunday.

My friends and I are planning to do zumba again this week, on Wednesday. Thursday could be challenging. My friends and I are gonna see Rogue One. They're doing a 7 p.m. showing here, so we may camp in line in the afternoon. I'm sure I'll be tempted to eat junk and probably drink too, lol. But I will for sure get in a bodyweight workout before that.

Week 1 Evaluation

Quest 1 (Workouts): B — My body is struggling to complete some stuff that was relatively easy 2 months ago.

Quest 2 (Walking): C — Only 3 walks. Not great, but better than the past few weeks.

Quest 3 (Alcohol): C — Had 6 drinks.

Quest 4 (Diet): B — Getting back into the swing of my meal prep and cooking.

Life Quests: No progress yet on my budget, but I worked out a deal with some friends to rent out my empty room. We just need to sign a lease. So that's a huge stress relief.

Week 1 Grade: B-

I feel pretty good about the past week, but I know I can do better. My weight is fluctuating between 206 and 209. It may still be possible to reach 200 by the end of the month if I stick to my quests.

That's a good start to the challenge! Well done! :) 

• Like 1

About me

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4#5

Current: #6

Dude, Strong reminds me of a 21st century Tae Bo! haha. 

Dude, feed your body.  If anything just make sure its a protein source, not too much, just enough. That kind of work out takes so much energy, you need to replace it.

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I'll definitely try to eat earlier.

I didn't keep track of things last week and I slacked on my workouts and I've been straying from my diet. I can't really give myself an accurate grade because my memory just isn't that good, but I don't want to dwell on the negative. I just wanna move forward. It wasn't all bad though, so let's just call it a C.

I know next weekend is going to be tough because of the X-mas holiday, so I'm gonna try to push it hard this week. I wanna do two zumba sessions this week — today and Wednesday. Then I'll do my bodyweight workouts Tuesday and Thursday. Friday is tough to get in any exercise because of work, but I'll try to sneak in a walk at least. I'll be on the road Saturday on my way to visit my family. I'm staying with them until the following Tuesday or Wednesday, so I'll make sure to complete some form bodyweight workouts. And I'll likely be taking Booklet with me, so I'll make sure we get in some walks too. Controlling what I eat will be the toughest part.

• Like 3

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

1 hour ago, EternalJourno said:

Controlling what I eat will be the toughest part.

You and me both, LOL!  I plan to try this "never 2 in a row" maxim, i.e. if I give in and have a huge meal, the next one will be healthy/light!

• Like 1

I did zumba Monday and even convinced a few friends to try it. They're also getting into roller derby, so they're tough women who are looking to get tougher. I ate two hours before the class and I felt great. No stomach issues. I'm planning to do zumba again tonight. I think we might do Strong again, which I'm looking forward to. I'm going to make sure I eat two hours before class again.

Yesterday was not a great day. My friends and I played Risk, which was both fun and horrifying because it brought out the worst of us, lol. We started at 2 in the afternoon and played for like 6 hours. And we drank a lot. At least I drank a lot. And I didn't eat before hand so I was very drunk, which led to me making a late night trip to McDonald's as a means of hangover prevention. It was still very hard to get up this morning, lol. I didn't get in a workout, but I will definitely do a bodyweight routine tomorrow.

• Like 1

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

I love roller derby. We used to have a team near here that tried to get up off the ground several years ago. The ally spent some time as their coach, and they had a few bouts, but it ultimately fizzled out after a couple years. I don't know if you've ever been to a bout, but you are doing yourself a disservice if you haven't. They are a ton of fun, and those girls are seriously badass.

Glad to hear that your stomach issues are improving.

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

China Miéville, The Scar

Aaaaaaand I'm back, lol.

Sorry for the late update, but the holidays were tougher than I thought. My entire game plan fell apart, but that's OK. I'm feeling reinvigorated this week. I think it's the typical New Year's buzz, but I know that I'm capable of sticking with long-term changes, so I'm determined to avoid the typical resolution falloff.

I got in a bodyweight workout Tuesday and then did Strong last night. My everything hurts. I'm planning to do a bodyweight workout now when I get home. I've had a few cookies the past two days because the Girl Scouts bribed us to write stories about them, lol. But otherwise I feel like I'm getting a grasp on my craving for sweets. I've got some apples at home to curb my appetite. I'm thinking about going to the movies tonight, but the plan is to eat before I go and just avoid all snacks. After the holidays my weight rose a bit above 210, but as of this morning I'm at 209, so that's promising.

As for the dating front, things didn't work out with the girl I was seeing. There was just no spark either way, so she texted to "break up" with me, but I saw it coming because we just didn't have much in common and I wasn't all that invested. But it's got me thinking about the dating world. I've tried to jump back onto the online scene, but it just gives me anxiety because I never know what to write about myself and I'm terrible at striking a conversation with someone, lol. There's so much pressure to be unique and interesting and my brain just goes blank. I'm trying to change the way I think about dating though. I figure I'm terrible at it, but like anything else I just need to put in some practice. A while back I made some epic quests for myself concerning dating, but I think I wrote them without any real intent to follow through. So I'm going to revisit those and see if I can come up with practical goals that will lead to results — the same way I would approach my weight loss.

And since I'm thinking of epic quests, I realized I don't have much that I'm working toward currently. Last year I made a few quests and accomplished them, like my hike at the Grand Canyon, but I just don't know what I want to do right now. I need to level up though because I see myself settling for less than I deserve in just about everything I do. Do I like my job and want to keep working my way up at this paper? Do I want to start my own news endeavor — something that's been in the back of my mind since high school? Do I want to move to a bigger city? Will I ever get back into creative writing and pen a book someday? I think I need to tap into my imagination and find out what I really want to do, so I can figure out what to do with myself. Because right now I'm just coasting and just getting by. I'm mostly content with life, but I want to find what inspires me and what makes me happy. I feel like I have a blurry vision of who I aspire to be, but I'm a long way away from that vision even if it's not crystal clear. I have a lot of looking inward to do.

And a lot of catching up to do! I promise to find you all and get caught up on your quests. Happy New Year!

• Like 2

Current Challenge  
Battle Log