Toshimi does Disney

Toshimi

Quest 1: Spend 20 mins a day on Kung Fu, 3 days a week outside of class

giphy.gif

I would love this to become a 7 days a week thing, but for now I'm going to keep it at 3 days a week not including classes. I also just got a very big book so all my notes can live in one place. I know eventually I'll outgrow even that book but it's going to be awhile. This means 5-6 days a week I will be working on martial arts. 

This can include (but is not limited to): 

Working on Forms, animal techniques, Hapkido (anything in the testing packet)

Working on filling in my notebook

Studying philosophies

Quest 2: YOGA!

giphy.gif

Going to join in the December Yoga challenge. I'll be using NF yoga, the P90x3 yoga, and whatever else i find that interests me!

Quest 3: Keep the house clean

giphy.gif

Take at least 10 mins a day that we're home to clean. When traveling make sure bed is made and room picked up each day. (19th -29th will be traveling days) 

Random to do's for this challenge

• Finish setting up desk in new location
  • File box of papers in either filing cabinet, trash or shred
  • Help hubby finish setting up TV/audio in new workout space
  • Find storage solution for workout gear (not necessarily purchase but figure out what we want)
  • Set up sewing space
  • Make Doctor appointments
  • Finish and order wedding photo books
  • Christmas shopping

Also holiday challenge so trying to keep that in mind. Will be my first Christmas not with family. The in-laws always have sugary/carby/gluteny/alcoholy  things around so staying away from that will be part of at least weeks 3-4. 

Finally over the cold/allergies/weather change sucks that has been going on the last little while. 

In the process of moving the workout area out of the office and into the front entry room. Plus side i don't hit the walls when I do my forms, bad thing, if we were to use the formal dining room we get to look at all the workout gear. Trying to get the storage worked out so things can be tidied up when people are over. Also hoping this means I get to have an actual sewing space in the house

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

3 hours ago, Kishi said:

Maybe make a point of sleeping too? IDK.

Approved.  Hibernation is seasonal.

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Kung Fu class was great last night. We practiced our forms, and it helped a lot. Realized I have them down way better than I thought I did. I'm supposed to work on visualizing an opponent as I do it so there's some more energy in the moves instead of placing them. 

Just a few days left until the test, so class has been a lot of review which is great! Two people are going for their black belts so this is our last week with them in our class. 

I thought the sinus thing was over, so i stopped taking all the meds I was on, and yeah not so much. During the day its okay for the most part. Nights/ first thing int he morning have been the worst. Have a doctor appointment scheduled but not until the 9th. It's not worse so I don't feel like urgent care is needed, but hopefully it's over before i go to the docs.

• Like 1

Yeah, as someone who works in the field, I have to say, nothing is worse than seeing someone fail to finish their med regimen. Stay on the meds. Use 'em up. They'll facilitate the things that lead to healing by helping you to sleep and conentrate and such.

Best of luck with the training!

Also, really digging the theme!

16 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Yeah, as someone who works in the field, I have to say, nothing is worse than seeing someone fail to finish their med regimen. Stay on the meds. Use 'em up. They'll facilitate the things that lead to healing by helping you to sleep and conentrate and such.

Best of luck with the training!

Also, really digging the theme!

It's not doctor prescribed meds. Just been doing a combination of Sudafed and allergy meds

• Like 1

Passed my test! Was a lot of fun. We had more people testing at one time than normal so we got to do some fun thing especially with the forms. I had to do one of my forms facing another person doing the same form, and we had to match our speed, and also end up lined back up with each other. 

I can't say I've been doing 10 mins of yoga, but I have been doing yoga every day so far since the 1st. Next week i'm going to try and extend my 5 mins to 10 mins. I've printed off some mini sessions I found online (mainly sun salutation progressions) 

Cleaning so far has been pretty easy, dishes and the kitchen have been most of it, but I've spent some time on the new workout area. I'll post pics once I get a few more things done. 

Happy week 1 to everyone!

• Like 2

This last weekend was a lot of fun, but as far as the challenge itself, it goes.

We went on our first real tandem ride Saturday. 16 ish miles, with about 1200 ft elevation gain. My parents on their tandem and 2 other riders on single bikes (and a few other single bikes that did the 40 mile ride) We all met for breakfast after. Then Saturday night was the yearly Kung Fu Banquet. Lots of fun, and lots of food. I did pretty well food wise, just a little bit of noodles, skipped the rice. Focused on the veggie and meat dishes. Was great seeing people outside of class, and getting to see people from the other school that I don't get to see more than a few times a year.

Sunday I made 2 batches of sugar cookie dough for the company Christmas Party on Thursday. Plan is bake tonight, decorate Tues/Wed

I just still haven't been feeling great, and super tired all the time. Even ween I sleep 10+ hours a night just doesn't seem to be enough. Finally broke down and went to the doctor last week. Not sure what is going on, but maybe all the blood work will give some clues. Of the tests that have come back so far nothing too out of the ordinary. Just frustrating when I've been eating fairly well, trying to get what workouts I can in. 

Been doing larger chunks of cleaning fewer times a week, but I think it's averaging out to about 10 mins a day. Yoga has been almost non existent. Missed Kung Fu all of last week between getting off work way later than usual and just feeling exhausted. Going to try and focus on getting my notebook worked on. I can at least do that even if I'm not feeling up to actually doing Kung Fu Stuff. Got some stuff checked off the main "stuff to do this challenge" list. 

A week from Tuesday we leave for Indiana for Christmas, also found out we're going to fly home on the 29th, stay near the airport that night, then drive to meet my family in Palm Springs to celebrate Christmas/New Years. I've been trying to get presents wrapped that will need to my parents for that trip, plus pack stuff up that will need to go to Palm Springs but not to Indy (bike stuff mainly). 

I'll try and get some cookie and workout space photos up soon!

Sorry that you've not been feeling great. :( Hopefully that's not a sign of bad things. It could just be the end of the year catching up with you. It's getting lots of people where I work, and it had me for a bit too.

But hopefully it's environmental as opposed to internal. They both pass, but one takes longer.

It sounds like some fun stuff happened, though! Riding bikes and dinner with the Kung Fu Fam and all that. Good times, I'm sure!

On 12/16/2016 at 10:59 AM, Toshimi said:

Rough One was amazing, totally worth the 4-5 hours of sleep I'm working on right now. about 4 days until I leave for Christmas and so much to do! 

I WANT TO SEE IT.

How are the goals doing?

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23