Elastigirl: Celebrating Christmas Cheer

Elastigirl

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I actually was able to swing the 53# bell! It felt so much smoother than the 44#, in a way it was almost easier. Also worked on my cleans and presses with the 30#

Awesome! Just goes to show how strong you really are! You've come SO far. :love_heart:

One of the things he said was "This one is our bestseller" I think the theory goes, if everyone else is getting it, we need to get it too.

And just there he would have lost me as a client. I hope he had better reasons why to buy that tv than, "everyone else does".

We are boring, we have a set amount to spend , and that is all we are going to spend.

Welcome to the club! We buy the best for the money we have.

Also bought some more Christmas lights, for more Christmas cheer. We are having friends for dinner and game night tomorrow, so  I'm planning to decorate some.

When the boys were babes I made most of our decorations. The last two years we started to buy one or two new decorations, which they get to choose, and taking off the made decorations that are breaking or look very bad by now. I would love to get little twinkling lights to put in a tree outside at night. Some of the families all over town take part in a local store's annual Christmas decorations competition. One or two of the houses in our area look good, but there has been one house that was really over-done. I mean how many Santas and reindeer do you really want on your property?
Enjoy decorating!

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

.large.WP_20161202_11_21_40_Pro.jpg

I know your's is not usually a thread for euphemism and innuendo, but I cannot help myself given the picture above:

• Like 5

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

13 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Awesome! Just goes to show how strong you really are! You've come SO far. :love_heart:

And just there he would have lost me as a client. I hope he had better reasons why to buy that tv than, "everyone else does".

Welcome to the club! We buy the best for the money we have.

When the boys were babes I made most of our decorations. The last two years we started to buy one or two new decorations, which they get to choose, and taking off the made decorations that are breaking or look very bad by now. I would love to get little twinkling lights to put in a tree outside at night. Some of the families all over town take part in a local store's annual Christmas decorations competition. One or two of the houses in our area look good, but there has been one house that was really over-done. I mean how many Santas and reindeer do you really want on your property?
Enjoy decorating!

Thanks, I think I;m actually beginning to believe I'm strong.:) To be fair, the salesman wasn't super pushy, just a bit, and he did say that the other TV had a faster frame rate for sports, but it wasn't worth the $$$ to us. I stayed home and we lived on one income while my son was growing up, and we decided we liked that and would just keep it that way so we are still on one income, which works for us, but then we aren't going to spend $1,000 on a TV. Though we may on a rowing machine in the future:)

I love holiday decorations but some are so over the top. At the store we saw lighted Eiffel towers, giant inflatable  Santa Yodas, a Marvel Nativity set,  and  giant lit up boxes that looked like Christmas presents. It's funny when people with little yards try and put all the stuff in them.

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I know your's is not usually a thread for euphemism and innuendo, but I cannot help myself given the picture above:

:biggrin-new:

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

22 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I grew up Catholic, Marvel Nativity instantly switched my brain to "that's a sacrilege, someone's going to Hell."

It was very  odd. It wasn't  really a nativity, aka they didn't have Cpt America as baby Jesus, it was more like a Marvel house, where there were just Marvel characters set around this house thing, but it was in the Nativity section of the decorations. We didn't think sacrilege so much as ?????what were they thinking?:confused: 

bafa435d729fb5533876dde3d3d18cad.jpg

• Like 5

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I stayed home and we lived on one income while my son was growing up, and we decided we liked that and would just keep it that way so we are still on one income, which works for us, but then we aren't going to spend $1,000 on a TV. Though we may on a rowing machine in the future:)

We're in the same boat, because of the same choices. But as I always tell hubby: you will have money for the things you really want, whether they are really a priority or not (in other people's eyes). A rowing machine to you and your hubby is much more important than a tv. We still don't have a tv. The computers are more than enough. If we had space, we'd also buy more weight plates, before a tv.

LOL, I haven't gone to the mall yet with THAT shop, but if I pitch up there with the boys in tow, and they see a Marvel lights/decorations scene, we are in deep ...trouble.

60594948.jpg

• Like 4

Congrats on your new toy! Sorry I've been MIA but I haven't gotten my thread updated yet

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

19 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

We're in the same boat, because of the same choices. But as I always tell hubby: you will have money for the things you really want, whether they are really a priority or not (in other people's eyes). A rowing machine to you and your hubby is much more important than a tv. We still don't have a tv. The computers are more than enough. If we had space, we'd also buy more weight plates, before a tv.

LOL, I haven't gone to the mall yet with THAT shop, but if I pitch up there with the boys in tow, and they see a Marvel lights/decorations scene, we are in deep ...trouble.

60594948.jpg

:) Yep there was a bunch of Christmas decoration at the store that I'm sure all the kids were begging for (Yoda Christmas lights!)

7 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Congrats on your new toy! Sorry I've been MIA but I haven't gotten my thread updated yet

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

Thanks. you haven't been MIA at all, you've actually popped in quite a bit considering how busy you are.I know you are working hard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Machete said:

Is that a Walmart CAP kettlebell, and I assume the 24kg is a Rogue?

Not from Walmart. a sporting goods store, it says Apollo on it. Not sure, just know I don't really like it. Yes the new one is a Rogue, and I love it. The weight is distributed so much better, and the handle is a lot better.

• Like 2

I don't really start my challenge until Monday, cause I don't like change, and that's how it used to be:) So, I didn't track food. I did stay for our church Christmas Carols practice, so I had a chance to have some Christmas cheer. And then went  to another hardware store and actually found Christmas lights this time. Last evening I had the lights we had up, and decorated the house some, so our house looks very festive. 

The picture is my Christmas Cheer Gameboard. For level one, I have Christmas gifts for the goals. Each day I complete the goals, I color in a gift. The one tweak I need to make is that my husband has Fridays off. One of my goals is morning routine, which may or may not apply on the Fridays off. I think it will keep my goals of M-F morning routine, in case we have things we are trying to accomplish that day. But, if we decide to have a slow start to the day I will just give myself a pass. 

large.WP_20161202_18_21_48_Pro.jpg

• Like 9

I also start my challenge week on the Monday. Sunday is off, doesn't count, most of the time :P I LOVE your Christmas themed challenge board.  :D

2 hours ago, obax said:

I'm normally a pretty big Scrooge this time of year, but I feel like this here Christmas train is one I'd be happy to hop on to!

Also, weighted pullup! Wow! I think I want to be you when I grow up...

Uhh, any other time of the year I can hold on to money with no problem. Around Christmas I struggle a lot. Just a little gift like this for that person, or this for the other person, or "oh it will make the boys so happy", but the bank manager will frown (actually will make him happy too, because we owe the bank more!)

Yep, Monday starts are the thing! I often forget that it's not the design any longer...

Yay for extra lights! I've been waffling about whether to buy some outdoor lights or not.. all our decorations are indoor. The hubs and I had a really lovely walk with the pup last week though where we looked at all the lights around the neighborhood and (good naturedly) argued about which we'd like to have.

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

14 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

Monday challenge starts are the best :) I love your themed gameboard!

Thanks. Monday challenge starts are the best.

13 hours ago, obax said:

I'm normally a pretty big Scrooge this time of year, but I feel like this here Christmas train is one I'd be happy to hop on to!

Also, weighted pullup! Wow! I think I want to be you when I grow up...

Thanks. By the time you are my age you will probably be strong enough to do one handed weighted pull ups:)

c2ee8f53728a748e94f8b64147c3bb556262f9c1

10 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I also start my challenge week on the Monday. Sunday is off, doesn't count, most of the time :P I LOVE your Christmas themed challenge board.  :D

Uhh, any other time of the year I can hold on to money with no problem. Around Christmas I struggle a lot. Just a little gift like this for that person, or this for the other person, or "oh it will make the boys so happy", but the bank manager will frown (actually will make him happy too, because we owe the bank more!)

Thanks. Yeah, we have a budget, but we still end up spending more than we planned at times. Even harder when my son was younger.

2 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Yep, Monday starts are the thing! I often forget that it's not the design any longer...

Yay for extra lights! I've been waffling about whether to buy some outdoor lights or not.. all our decorations are indoor. The hubs and I had a really lovely walk with the pup last week though where we looked at all the lights around the neighborhood and (good naturedly) argued about which we'd like to have.

Most of the time I forget it's not a Monday start. Most of our outdoor lights were from my parent's house and didn't really work for ours. I'm really happy we got some, but they are expensive. I think I will go back after Christmas and see if I can get some on sale.

23 minutes ago, Moros said:

Following along.  The gameboard is really cool looking!

Thanks

• Like 4

My living room looks like Santa's workshop right now. :)  We have collected some great decorations over the years and last year I got deep into Pinterest and made a ton of paper decorations.  Every-other year we have family that comes in and stays with us for the holidays so i always go overboard those years.

Congrats on swinging that BEAST of a KB!  Don't know how you can't realize you ARE STRONG, but maybe that helped a bit. ;)

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

You need this on your Christmas tree :) 

68eb1a05-0cce-48a6-9228-2f3b381ba383_1.6

Also...this is cool.

dc4ee2a8dc6f508e62d1bab9888dbe64.jpg

Wolf

• Like 10

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

5 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

You need this on your Christmas tree :) 

68eb1a05-0cce-48a6-9228-2f3b381ba383_1.6

Also...this is cool.

dc4ee2a8dc6f508e62d1bab9888dbe64.jpg

Wolf

I do need a kettle swingin'; Santa!Though if Santa really did kettlebells he'd look more like this

santa-bells.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mizbrek said:

Following along for Christmas cheer and gainz! 

09fe7cb78f133bb5f09cbff94f07344f.jpg

7 hours ago, Lightning said:

My living room looks like Santa's workshop right now. :)  We have collected some great decorations over the years and last year I got deep into Pinterest and made a ton of paper decorations.  Every-other year we have family that comes in and stays with us for the holidays so i always go overboard those years.

Congrats on swinging that BEAST of a KB!  Don't know how you can't realize you ARE STRONG, but maybe that helped a bit. ;)

What fun! Thanks. As far as me not realizing that I'm not strong, I guess for most of my life I thought of myself as uncoordinated, so it is hard for me to think of myself as different than that now, but my brain is slowly accepting the idea:)

• Like 4

My day one;Started off well. My sister and I had made plan to go out shopping and stuff in the morning, so I got up and got started right away in the morning. Threw a load of wash into the laundry and emptied the dishwasher. Then my sis called to cancel since her daughter was sick. I was really, really tempted to just go back to bed. It was dark and rainy and just above freezing outside. But I didn't want to start day one by telling you all I had gone back to bed. So, I went downstairs and worked out. Had a good workout, then did the rowing machine instead of going for a walk. I watched the last episode of The Crown on Netflix while I rowed. I started out really liking the show, but by season end I was just depressed. Basic premise is the life of a queen sucks, in order to do the right thing for your country your whole family will end up hating you. I did like most of the season. It was a neat historical story, and I like the characters. But I just felt so bad for the queen, her husband resented her the whole time, and by the end I just wanted to smack him and tell him to grow up. There were some great moments in the series, but I'm not sure if I'll bother with season 2.

Tracked food. I do still need to eat more. Haven't done any mobility work yet this evening (I still have time) I weighed and measured today. I gained about a pound last week- at least as of today, I always seems to  weigh more on Monday, and then drop a half a pound Tuesday. And my belly measurement is about the same, so bulking is going good.

12/5

Warm up halo/bridge goblet squat

Clean and press (straight MP on 2nd rep 1-2 x 2; 1 x3 weighted pull ups 1-1 x 2; 1 x3

Snatch 122 in 10 minutes 20 lb  10L10R x 2/8 L 8R x2/ 7l 7R x2/6L 6 R/ 5l 5/R

Rowing machine- 20 minutes moderate 

• Like 8

Great job getting downstairs for a workout.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I forgot to say my dinner noms. Of course no pic's.I never take pic's of food. I'm too busy eating it. @NeverThatBored had posted the link to poached cod on her thread so I made that.http://nomnompaleo.com/post/153806396623/poached-cod-in-tomato-sauce I tweaked it and used fire roasted tomatoes instead of Marinara sauce. It was good, but I think the Marinara sauce would have been better. I also made these potatoeshttp://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/12/the-best-roast-potatoes-ever-recipe.html

• Like 5