Need a new beginning. This is the beginning.

Recently I am going through a separation of 6 years..

I'm trying not to be hard on myself and give in to comfort food.

I really want to make a change. So far I've joined ball hockey--gets out the anger

and I enjoy doing tae bo--again anger..

also I do enjoy stretching/yoga/hikes

and I have hula hoops--I used to practice hoopdance all the time and I've stopped for quite some time now.. will probably start practice again and work on another video soon..

All these things and I'm a mom of 2. I'm 26 and it feels like I had my life all together but wasn't happy. Like I did all the right things that we're "supposed to achieve" but

it never made me feel complete or happy.. The father of the kids is very understanding and we are both working on ourselves at the moment. We don't regret anything, it was a nice experience but we've grown into different people in the past while... it makes me feel kind of crappy... but now I'm back on the road to figuring out what it is that I, myself, really want to do.. for myself and my kids, I love them so much and the only people I want to be focusing on from now on is myself and my two little ones..

Fitness is definitely something I want to build a good habit on.. I refuse to feel crappy and helpless. not if I can help it.

anyway...

I would like to work myself out of depression I guess. I joined this site a while ago but it was just for fun. Nerd and Fitness go quite well together =P

• Like 1

Hey lovely! Welcome from another newbie.

Depression, or the brain gremlins, as I sometimes call them, sucks. It is a swamp, but one that you can get out of.  Speaking from experience, it's sometimes really hard to motivate yourself to try and climb out.  It seems easier to sit in the mud.  

I think dedicating yourself to your journey and your kids, and stating it, proves that you are not crappy and helpless.

Good luck!  Keep us posted. 

• Like 1

MASKED ARTSASSIN

4-Week Challenges: 1

WEBSITE || NF CHARACTER || HABITICA

Welcome !!!

Rebboting live is on !

Life changes are normal and you can build a new one by starting building fun / cool habits and working on your fitness too!

You'll find ways to enjoy the journey !

;)

• Like 1

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

thanks, guys =) It's been an up and down experience so far. Trying not to be hard on myself. There is so much more to look forward to..

Well I have written up myself a schedule and I'm taking supplements. I was bad last night though I had Chinese food and drinks haha!

Well I attended my first ball hockey tourney last weekend and am motivated now to keep practicing and do better at the next.

I've lost some weight but I feel it gaining again because I've been lazy since the tourney. I'm trying to set myself new goals to look forward to.

It feels weird, but nice, trying to be independent. It's also going to be weird not to do the new years couple thing. but then again I will look into something that the kids will enjoy doing. its a new mind-set for sure, considering I've been in an out of relationships for the past....8 years.... yikes

But I do want to start lifting! it sounds like so much fun. So far I've been doing various upper/mid/lower exercises. I think my butt has gotten rounder lol

but regardless, feeling pretty good about myself.

• Like 1

Good ! Keep going with the exercises !

Well for the food, just stick to what works for you, better going slow and lasting than rushing and stopping.

And for sure enjoy the journey ;) great to know that you'r feeling good about yourself ! It's the way to go !

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee