Grayspeed does (yet another) Assassin's Creed themed challenge.

Grayspeed

18 hours ago, Erza Scarlet said:

Did you really workout in the rain? :o Definitely deserve a hell yeah! :D I hope you don't catch a cold though. :P 

Yeah, it's actually kinda fun and meditative. Everyone knows Assassins don't get colds, we're too awesome for sniffles ;)

• Like 4

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

Week 1 - Sunday

Rings Workouts: 4/3

HIIT Sessions: 3/3.

Bed by 10:30: 5/5. Pre-counting as it's only 8:45 and I'm already exhausted.

Week 2 - Monday

Rings Workouts: 1/3

HIIT Sessions: 1/3.

Bed by 10:30: 0/5. Will have to miss this day as I'm picking my dad up from the train station around midnight.

• Like 2

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

13 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

Hell yeah! That's badass! Did you have rain water flying off of the rope in slow motion? Cause that's what I'm picturing.

Of course!

I also awkwardly screamed and grunted in slow motion while Hearts on Fire by John Cafferty played. Then I out ran a car and ran up a mountain. All the while knowing that my rival was training with all the best fitness science available.

**Some of this post is not true.

• Like 4

Week 2 - Tuesday

Bed by 10:30: 1/5.

Week 2 - Wednesday

Rings Workouts: 2/3. Slept in and got to the gym way too late. Ended up rushing through my workout so I wouldn't be late for work and it kind of felt like a waste of time in the end. Next time I'm in this situation I think I'll just do one of my failsafe workouts at home and take the hit to the challenge points.

Bed by 10:30: 2/5. Pre counting again.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2016 at 1:26 AM, peelout said:

Looks like a great start to the week.  Is your HIIT routine discussed anywhere?

I generally just pick whatever I feel like doing and go. Some of my favourites are in  the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Jump-rope

3 minutes jump rope, 1 minute rest. Repeat 4 times

Kettlebell Swings

Pick a time (5-10 minutes usually), do as many swings as you can in that time.

Kettlebell Complex

10 kettlebell swings, 5 goblet squats, 10 pushups. 4-5 rounds.

Jumping Jack Pain - This one makes me hate myself a little bit :lol:

40 seconds jumping jacks, 20 seconds plank. 10 rounds (maybe start at 5 if you have trouble). Transition time is the closest thing to rest you get.

Been a hectic couple of days, so not much questing has happened. Hustle time (again)...

Week 2 - Thursday

Rings Workouts: 2/3. 

Bed by 10:30: 2/5. Was out late because I went to see Rogue One last night. No regrets. I loved it.

Week 2 - Friday

Rings Workouts: 2/3. 

Bed by 10:30: 3/5. I'm pre counting again today because it's a good way to make sure I actually follow through.

Tomorrow I'm doing a jumprope workout in the morning (I will get my arse into gear) and then going to the gym for a rings workout and HIITsession after work. I won't be able to get any workouts in on Sunday as my girlfriend and I are taking my little cousin to the WB Harry Potter studio tour then going for a family meal when we get back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grayspeed said:

Bed by 10:30: 2/5. Was out late because I went to see Rogue One last night. No regrets. I loved it.

That's entirely excusable. :P 

4 hours ago, Grayspeed said:

Tomorrow I'm doing a jumprope workout in the morning (I will get my arse into gear) and then going to the gym for a rings workout and HIITsession after work. I won't be able to get any workouts in on Sunday as my girlfriend and I are taking my little cousin to the WB Harry Potter studio tour then going for a family meal when we get back.

Cool! The studio is brilliant! Have fun. :D 

• Like 1

About me

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4#5

Current: #6

Week 2 - Saturday

Rings Workouts: 3/3Support holds feeling really good over the last few workouts. Now I can get my arms into the correct position I feel like a total badass. 

HIIT Sessions: 3/3. Jump rope workout in the morning then treadmill HIIT after strength training in the evening.

Bed by 10:30: 4/5. Pre counting as I'll be having an early night ready for early start tomorrow.

• Like 3

Week 2 - Sunday

Rings Workouts: 3/3

HIIT Sessions: 3/3. 

Bed by 10:30: 5/5. So I may have a cold.. Currently in bed with tissues up my nostrils drinking lots of ginger tea.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, peelout said:

U dah bomb.  You say it then do it.  

Haha, I try.

Although... Today I am officially sick. For the first time in probably 2 years :(

Sinus pain + tiredness + body needing to heal illness, not muscles = No workout today. Depending on how I feel tomorrow I may not meet workout requirements for this week, which is kind of a bummer. However, we're doing this for health & fitness. So I can't feel too bad about it. Missing workouts to get over sickness is better than missing them due to laziness.

Week 3 - Monday

Rings Workouts: 0/3

HIIT Sessions: 0/3. 

Bed by 10:30: 1/5. I'm pre counting this one because my girlfriend is 100% going to make me go to bed early today.

55 minutes ago, Erza Scarlet said:

And yeah, I've heard exercising while sick can help. 

Yikes yeah being sick sucks, hope you feel better soon especially because of the holidays coming up this week!

So take this with a grain of salt in that it might not be true for you or with the sickness that you have right now, but I almost always feel better after I go to the gym and get up a decent sweat when I'm sick. I don't do my normal workout but will just go to the gym and "play" around for a while doing what I think I can do while I'm not feeling well, and I'll feel the best I've felt on those days when I've hit the gym .

• Like 3

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Ok. Back on track (kinda).

My usual go-to solution for cold/flu symptoms is some good old fashioned cardio. But I've been feeling too sore/tired to do even that, which is unusual for me.

I didn't get to the gym today as I was still very sinussy and had all kinds of facial goopiness going on. A 4 hour shift at work was honestly a struggle..

After a meal and 4 cups of ginger tea I felt a lot better and decided to get outside (wearing waayyy more layers than usual) and do a jumprope HIIT workout. While I definitely didn't have my usual stamina or technique, it felt really good to get a sweat on and clear everything out. I'm feeling much better now so there's no reason why the rest of the week shouldn't be business as usual. The rings quest will fall short this week, but that's fine.

I sure do wish my nose didn't feel like it was attacked by a sandpaper monster though..

Week 3 - Tuesday

Rings Workouts: 0/3

Bed by 10:30: 2/5. Pre counting because tiredness.

• Like 5

Remember:  Take the "nu" out of "sinussy" and you have "sissy".  Not sure why I noticed that meaningless information, just an observation.  Anyway, kudos on getting a workout in when feeling sick.  Should give others something to think about when moaning about "just didn't feel like it".  I like the kick azz and take no prisoners attitude.

• Like 2

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Week 3 - Thursday

HIIT Sessions: 2/3. 

Bed by 10:30: 3/5. 

Week 3 - Friday

Rings Workouts: 2/3

HIIT Sessions: 3/3Jump squat/clap pushups superset x4, then 5 minutes kettlebell swings AMRAP. Doing clap pushups at the end of a workout was a bad idea, live and learn..

Bed by 10:30: 4/5. Pre counting for motivation.

Currently pondering the likelihood of me getting out of bed at 5:30AM tomorrow to get to the gym before work for another rings workout. It's not a high possibility, I'll be honest.

But family obligations (and work, boo) will keep me from any proper workouts until at least the 27th, so I want to get another strength training workout in if possible. Morning Grayspeed cares much less about goals than post-9AM Grayspeed.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Grayspeed said:

Doing clap pushups at the end of a workout was a bad idea, live and learn.

I avoid this problem by not being able to do clap push-ups at all. ^_^

• Like 2

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

20 hours ago, Grayspeed said:

Currently pondering the likelihood of me getting out of bed at 5:30AM tomorrow to get to the gym before work for another rings workout. It's not a high possibility, I'll be honest.

But family obligations (and work, boo) will keep me from any proper workouts until at least the 27th, so I want to get another strength training workout in if possible. Morning Grayspeed cares much less about goals than post-9AM Grayspeed.

Morning Grayspeed can do it!  Hope it went well! Bummer you have to work!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

1 hour ago, Suzaqu said:

Morning Grayspeed can do it!  Hope it went well! Bummer you have to work!

He did it! My mission (well, one of them..) is to become a "morning person" in 2017.

Not my most strenuous workout. I mainly tried different rings movements with varying difficulty each set, did some chinups (I haven'tt "unlocked" chinups in NF rings yet, so I kinda miss them), and some walking lunges. I decided to count it as a rings workout as chinups do technically include scapular pulls, so I did all the prescribed movements for my level ;).

The most impressive thing is that I actually got out of bed! 

I know that there's no way I'll be hitting any of my goals over christmas, so I'll wrap up week 3 now. Pretty happy that I got a workout in today - now I can focus on eating all the things for 3 days. And seeing family. So. Much. Family.

Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday

Rings Workouts: 3/3

HIIT Sessions: 3/3By the end of my strength training I was too hungry to concentrate on HIIT. But I hit the goal amount yesterday anyway.

Bed by 10:30: 4/5. Having family over tonight for christmas eve fun, and then more on Christmas day. So this won't happen, but that's fine by me.

Hope everyone reading has a great Christmas, or whatever winter festivity you happen to celebrate!

• Like 4