Grayspeed does (yet another) Assassin's Creed themed challenge.

Grayspeed

4 hours ago, Grayspeed said:

The most impressive thing is that I actually got out of bed! 

I know that there's no way I'll be hitting any of my goals over christmas, so I'll wrap up week 3 now. Pretty happy that I got a workout in today - now I can focus on eating all the things for 3 days. And seeing family. So. Much. Family.

Week 3 - Saturday/Sunday

Rings Workouts: 3/3

HIIT Sessions: 3/3By the end of my strength training I was too hungry to concentrate on HIIT. But I hit the goal amount yesterday anyway.

Bed by 10:30: 4/5. Having family over tonight for christmas eve fun, and then more on Christmas day. So this won't happen, but that's fine by me.

Hope everyone reading has a great Christmas, or whatever winter festivity you happen to celebrate!

Impressive work, grats on making it out of bed and owning this week. Glad to hear you're feeling better, and Happy Christmas to you and yours as well!

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Overall a pretty great christmas! A bit bummed that I had to work christmas eve and boxing day, but It's the first time I've ever had to do so, so I can't complain too much. I ate many things, oh so many things. I'll allow myself one more evening of gluttony (leftover pie!), and tomorrow I'll be starting up on a fitness frenzy.

I have 4 days off during new year and then a really quiet work week after, so I plan to hammer the crap out of the first week of 2017. Currently refining my workout plan for the next week and a half.

Week 4 - Monday/Tuesday

Rings Workouts: 0/3

HIIT Sessions: 0/3

Bed by 10:30: 2/5. Got lucky yesterday and managed to be in bed by 10:25. Tonight I'm planning a really early night so I'll pre count.

Tomorrow I'll be hitting the gym for rings/HIIT, then I plan to walk at least 7km later in the day.

• Like 1

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

I actually picked up a couple of extra shifts so next week isn't as wide open as I was expecting. But I do get more money, so I still win ;)

Set up a weekly planner, I'm not super happy with the format but it'll get the job done for now. Best part is that it helps me plan out and balance fitness/work/social stuff.

I had great plans of wrapping up and going for a winter walk, then I remembered I don't have a coat. I'm buying a new one tomorrow.

Week 4 - Monday/Tuesday

Rings Workouts: 1/3The first few reps of ring rows felt amazing. So good to blow the cobwebs out, even though it's only been a few days.

HIIT Sessions: 1/3Treadmill interval training - I hate running on treadmills but it's freezing outside and I wanted to see if I can run a mile in 10 minutes (I can't).

Bed by 10:30: 2/5. Just gonna go ahead and pre count this

Ps: R.I.P Carrie Fisher. 2016 is bullshit :(

• Like 2

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

8 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Agreed. Can 2017 be the year where good people stop dying and lying politicians drop like flies instead?

Washington would be a lonely place.

• Like 3

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Week 4 - Wednesday - Sunday

Rings Workouts: 3/3. 

HIIT Sessions: 3/3

Bed by 10:30: 3/5. 

So, forum tracking went to hell.. Slipped up on sleep Thursday and Friday, but workouts have gone well. Full wrap up coming tomorrow hopefully

• Like 1

Quest 1: Agility

I definitely feel like my cardio and explosiveness has improved over the last month, the last week especially. I'll keep this up for sure as part of my goal to hit a sub-10 minute mile.

Quest 2: Climbing Strength

Really proud of my success with this one. I'm almost done with Level 5, and I have a feeling the next 3-4 levels will blow by. Then I start getting into the really fun stuff!

Fun side benefit - I can get my rings hung up super quick now. Maybe I'll do a time trial someday ;)

Quest 3: Alertness

Probably my worst quest, as expected. What I learned is that I get pre-occupied wayyy too easy.

I have a solid foundation for my next challenge so it should be up asap. Happy new year guys!

• Like 1

On 12/23/2016 at 11:37 AM, otterbyte said:

I avoid this problem by not being able to do clap push-ups at all. ^_^

This made me laugh so hard. I can so relate. :) 

Just now, Grayspeed said:

Quest 1: Agility

I definitely feel like my cardio and explosiveness has improved over the last month, the last week especially. I'll keep this up for sure as part of my goal to hit a sub-10 minute mile.

Quest 2: Climbing Strength

Really proud of my success with this one. I'm almost done with Level 5, and I have a feeling the next 3-4 levels will blow by. Then I start getting into the really fun stuff!

Fun side benefit - I can get my rings hung up super quick now. Maybe I'll do a time trial someday ;)

Quest 3: Alertness

Probably my worst quest, as expected. What I learned is that I get pre-occupied wayyy too easy.

I have a solid foundation for my next challenge so it should be up asap. Happy new year guys!

Awesome job on your goals and can't wait to see what you come up with next challenge. :) 

Also, what is the really fun stuff you get to do with your improved climbing strength? 

• Like 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

16 hours ago, Grayspeed said:

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the new year. Happy 2017!

• Like 1

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

14 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Also, what is the really fun stuff you get to do with your improved climbing strength? 

Negative ring dips, chin-ups, false grip work. Exciting stuff as it means I'm much closer to a muscle up :D. I've also started doing some grip training on the side just for lulz.

• Like 1