Ladylydia Slow and Steady-Part II

ladylydia

These were my goals last month:

4-15 min of cardio 3x a week,. Strength training 2x a week. Yoga every day.

A glass of water before I eat anything, this includes snacking. 

Bed by 10 pm.

I didn't really manage those and I want to, so I figured round 2 was in order. 

I did begin a PLP again (pushups, squats, and pike press). I'm adding one rep each day for 100 days, ending with 100 on day 100. I always did really well when I did a PLP (and stuck with it), so definitely want to continue that.

I also figured out a workout plan for the next year.

From now through February: the focus is to build back up strength and power working the 5/3/1 program and tabata style interval cardio between 4 -16 min.

In March, April and May I'll work on endurance: switching to 8 rep based lifting and 20 min. cardio sessions, and pick back up running.   

In June, July and August, to take advantage of the weather, I'll switch to a mostly endurance based, running program training 5ks and longer sets of body weight.

Next September, October and November I'll shift back in the 5/3/1 training and slowly phase the running out for body weight HIIT from 15-30 min.

It's been easier to exercise when I remember to think big picture then just till the end of the week/month/challenge. 

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Str- 10, Dex-8, Sta-7, Con-11, Wis-78, Cha-43

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Friday: PLP-24, Saturday spent five hours pushing my mom around in a wheelchair at the mall so she could do her Christmas shopping, can still feel it.  Yesterday PLP-26.

I think i have squirrels in my attic. 

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

PLP-32 today.

30 side v-crunches

I've started watching Zuzka Light workout videos again.  For some reason it's always easier for me to do a workout, when she's doing a workout.  I don't even have to be doing the same thing (and often and not, because her stuff is hard), so i just keep her videos playing in the background while i do my own thing, and it's somehow easier to keep  a steady pace.  I think it's because her videos are shot real time, without voice overs, or the trainer stopping to explain a workout while everyone else keeps doing running through exercises. She's breathless the whole time, and exhausted afterwards; you know, actually working out.  For some reason it motivates me to do my workout too, (even though they are different exercises).  I figure binge watching her videos until i actually  do a workout myself has got to be a whole lot healthier then Facebook anyway.

• Like 2

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Awww........Thank you,......who it that?

. Went to the gym today.   Didn't do half of what i  had planned, but i went; and i feel good about going.

10 min,. on stair master

PLP-37, supposed to be 35, but i forgot which day it was.

20 side v-crunches, each side

15 leg raises

yoga/ stretching.

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

21 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Awww........Thank you,......who it that?

Walter Payton...read the line over the picture ;-)

21 hours ago, ladylydia said:

PLP-37, supposed to be 35, but i forgot which day it was.

I was relieved to get to 30 and not have to think about it any more!

Great job dragging yourself to the gym.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Took a break on Wed because I was still feeling the gym from the day before. Skipped the gym yesterday, decided it was best to ease into it, so I'll hit the gym twice next week, and work on stuff at home tonight. 

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog