• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ruby-Wan Kenewby

Ruby-Wan: Rebel 1

(Lmao accidentally posted this in a previous challenge, my bad!)

first challenge as a n00b and i added a bonus Level Up Your Life goal, AND i had to be ridiculous by making it a mission brief. this message will probably not destruct.

Mission_Brief_01.jpg

OKAY... late night update, but for me end-of-week updates will be a challenge in itself, as I'm typically solo a lot of things (proly a lot of people do that on here, we ARE gamers/misc nerds). Anyway, I've managed to survive my first week successfully, though my nights run into my days like crazy (4am bedtimes, SO accidental. sometimes lol) -- I've been hit by my creative muse freakishly late at night, and honestly I'm thrilled to have her around at all as I've been frantically working on building a story artist portfolio off and on for the past several months now. Aside from a screwed up sleep schedule, I am getting adequate sleep, and completing my challenge points (though sometimes past the midnight mark, but still before bed). I celebrated this week with a coke and popcorn for a night of The Force Awaken, as I'm super stoked for Rogue One, and I find soda has never tasted so....conflicting in my life. I've been counting down the days, but it's now a little underwhelming. Guess I need something else that just....whelming. (Young Justice & Superboy anyone?)

On the coke and popcorn, I've been easing onto the paleo diet since before Thanksgiving, though there was definitely backtracking during the holiday, I managed to jump back on just fine. At the beginning of this challenge, I was still working for one paleo meal a day, though I definitely managed two a few days. By thursday I had done this successfully for over a week, so I moved on to two paleo meals a day. This weekend I noticed however, I've been leaning toward two meals a day with maybe a snack or two somewhere through the day more often than a third meal. Not out of starving myself, but I'm not suffering the carb attacks like I was, so WIN!

Another victory was had this weekend: I can technically fit a size lower. Not comfortably, which is my actual first milestone I set for myself, but I've definitely made progress, and with the bw routines at least 1x a week, tho i try for 3x, my squats are definitely getting better. My only concern is for my knees as I've really jacked them up in the past from poor stance in martial arts (Wing Chun. damn that pigeon-toed stance...) I use a brace, but on day-to-day stuff I'm not usually wearing it when I wind up stressing it. Regardless, I'm happy it hasn't discouraged me from working toward squats and lunges. Preparing for tomorrow which I have s3&4 of the Winter Is Coming workout planned. huyahhh! (not even a GoT fan, sorry fans! no elves is a dealbreaker for me, but i've enjoyed the workout and would love to geek about other fantasy universes!)

That's probably enough blabbing. It's 12.47am and I have to clear my living room for the flooring people tomorrow. OH! ONE QUESTION I'd like to throw out to anyone who might be reading:

I have "limit 1 soda a week", which usually is 16oz cans or 22oz+ from sonic as i previously had, but i got back into buying the mini cans since i found the cute Coca Cola bear 24-pack truck at Sams. soooooo.....would it be reasonable to spread my soda limit over 2 mini cans (7.5oz, 2 of those dont even make 16oz) as an alternative to a whole regular-sized can (damn i miss Vanilla coke) or would you guys say noooo that's cheating? (this might be a rhetorical question, but i like second and fiftyith opinions)

Busy yesterday, so updating today. Had a couple of mistakes last week, involving soda (totally forgot limeades were made with 7up or something, and ordered it at a restaurant :((( ) so i had a couple of extra sodas. I might've also missed a meditation session, seeing that I had a couple of days I didn't mark off my calendar. Aside from that, I've kept going to my martial arts class, and managed x4 workouts last week, including a walk/jog (20-30 min ea way) to the grocery store yesterday in 19 degree weather. X_X New week, hopefully I won't have any flubs this time! I do need to dial back the carbs though, I've been eating too many potatoes, and pasta here and there. Don't need both. 

Sounds like it was a hard start, but how have the rest of the holidays treated you? 

As for your soda, I would say try to stick to drinking only the one can, no matter the size. (Don't take that to mean drinking one massive can :P )

• Like 1

Looking back at this, I just noticed my last post didn't stick....digitally stick? It was definitely a tough end, Infinite, and thanks for the input. Meditation was the weakest, and shockingly flossing was the strongest. I managed to keep up the x1 soda, however, and luckily I can't really manage one massive soda, at least not in one sitting (might take me at leastttt a whole day lol). I also kept up the bw workouts, though I switched out the beginner routine for the Winter Is Coming stuff once that was out. Overall I gave myself a B-. The fact I managed to see it through to the end is a big deal for me. My mind......everywhere but HERE. lol

EDIT: Oh yeahhh and I killed the paleo thing. Halfway I required x2 paleo meals / 50% of my daily consumption to be paleo. I don't always manage 3 meals, so a minimum of 50% seemed fair.

Super late re-post, but I hate seeing this open-ended. like marvel movies. wakka wakka! XD ;D