• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Vibrantella

Fifth Ella-ment

21 hours ago, Twilight said:

45 minutes per day of meditation and energy work! Wow! :)

It's happening - that's not 45 minutes solid, mostly broken into 2 (or more) time slots.  Not enough sleep last night, though, but tonight I'm going to bed early (I should be physically beat after the gym) and don't have to get up till 8 am.

I'm happy to report I've been standing firm on eating LC/keto even at parties.  Well, if not counting the alcohol! ;) Still, just a couple of shots or red wines per evening is not that bad...

• Like 4

In the last few days or so I had to keep reminding myself that winter is also a time of sleep, rest, death, grief and sorrow.  It is only normal to sometimes feel sadness bubbling up and threatening  to overwhelm, regardless of all the blessings I am grateful for, and though I know there is hope and I will feel better soon.  Deep midwinter, actually, is the ideal time for crying!  ;)   However, seeing that Yule was yesterday and the days are growing again, I better get a grip!

Meditation helps.  Mercury retrograde doesn't.

• Like 3

In the last week of the challenge everything is different: I don't have time to log food (but I keep it low carb and 16:8); no gym nor kettlebells, but plenty of walking (which ,I'll record upon my return as cannot access sheets on this device). On the plus side, I have plenty of time to rest, stretch, meditate, do energy work, and enjoy loving and being loved.

A sad note this morning, when I learned of George Michael's passing. I grew up in the 80s, and 2016 has taken most of my early music idols now, including Prince and Bowie. RIP.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Happy 2017, everyone! :D 

I'm still alive, haven't dropped off the face of the NFearth, but have little time for posting (or even thinking about the new challenge) until next week, i.e. the actual beginning of the challenge.  I might add a word or two on my battle log, but no promises! ;) 

This past challenge I'd consider a semi-success, especially fitness-wise.  I got some nice compliments at various Xmas and NYE parties! :D  Changing my focus to meditation and energy work was also very helpful.  I would have liked to have kept to my diet goals properly, but hey!  Sometimes we struggle.  That's why this is a challenge!

I'm thinking of doing my next challenge with a different guild.  I still am a druid, but I want to push ahead and forge solid fitness habits, and dare I say it, gains.  I'll put a link here either way.

• Like 5

On 12/15/2016 at 6:09 AM, Vibrantella said:

I have also started examining 2016 and planning goals for 2017, so that could be why I'm not present in the now.  Just listened to a podcast with Tim Ferris (his new book will be my Xmas present to myself) where he mentioned that people who live in the past tend to be depressed, and goals-oriented people, who live in the future, tend to be anxious.

This is really insightful! And I think I'm right there with you as far as feeling both. 

Glad to see you're still keeping up with the forums and I look forward to the next challenge! 

• Like 1

I looked for a challenge for you but couldn't find one. So I'm just skulking around here to say happy new year and please post here to let us know if you set up a new one :)

• Like 1