Couch Potato --> Jason Bourne :)

Hi everyone,

I've actually been subscribed to the RSS feed on here for a while and finally decided to join the forum :)

I'm a 5'1" female, 27 years old, currently weighing about 138lbs, and aiming to get to between 112 and 119lbs. I work in an office and spend a lot of time on my computer at home as well, so my life is very sedentary. My fitness has declined gradually since leaving school and I'm currently in very poor shape - joints are stiff, with limited ROM; flexibility is non-existent; climbing a flight of stairs is knackering; strength is also noticeable by its absence.

My main inspiration is Jason Bourne - I want the strength, stamina, agility, reflexes, and resourcefulness. I want to be able to run fast, more than I want to be able to run far, so I'm not interested in running more than 5k, but really, 1 mile would be the maximum distance I would like to run regularly. Sprints would be great - love the explosive power involved and intense focus :)

Since about September, I have been following the Convict Conditioning approach, which seems to tie in nicely with much of what I've read on here :) I'm doing wall push-ups, knee tucks, jackknife squats and assisted pull-ups (60kg), with some running, rowing (primarily) and cycling, cross-trainer (secondary).

I occasionally do some dumbbell exercises and planks, but have stopped using weight machines altogether, since doing Convict Conditioning. (The assisted pull-ups aren't in the book, but it's a more practical alternative for me and doesn't involve a machine, so I'm being flexible on that point.)

Other occasional activities would include: swimming, skipping, standing qigong.

My diet is terrible - I don't eat healthily and whenever I have lost weight, it has been through limiting my calorie intake, but the content has still been a significant amount of junk. My primary aim is to lose weight, but I need to make some small and consistent changes to my diet, until I am eating healthier. Significant overhaul needed there.

Looking forward to getting more involved on here and embracing my inner nerd :)