Elinox's Werewolf Workout

elinox

Main Quest
To live a healthy and balanced life by exercising and trying to eat healthy.

My motivation

I've successfully dropped weight by counting calories so my diet will mostly be staying the same with 1200 calories per day M-F and then blow meals on the weekends. I've managed to put on some muscle in an effort to become stronger by weightlifting and I’ve discovered that I love lifting heavy things!

I enjoy doing themed workouts and for this challenge it will be werewolves. For several reasons but mostly because 1. I love them 2. they’re the best fantasy monster and 3. they’re amazingly fast and incredibly strong beasts not to be messed with. This is perfect for a warrior challenge!

Smaller Quests

1. Weights

It’s time to get back to lifting all the heavy things! I’ve missed it, so it’s time to re-set and lift stuff again. I like it, it makes me feel better about myself and it’s got practical, real-world purposes.

This time though, I’m going to be focusing on arms since another small quest will be devoted to legs.

Werewolves are, first and foremost, destructive forces with incredible strength. Most werewolves are particularly strong in the upper body, although they’re really just all-over slabs of muscle.

Scoring: x/5 (1 for each weight achieved)

• Bar Curls: 20lbs → 25lbs = with good form!

• Bench Press: 70lbs → 80lbs

• Overhead Press: 40lbs → 50lbs

• Pull Downs: 60lbs → 80lbs

• Tricep Pullovers: 20lbs → 30lbs

Reward: +5 to STR (+1 for each completed)

2. Dutch

I’m going to Bonaire in May 2017 and one of the native languages spoken there is Dutch (the island is owned by the Netherlands) so I want to try learning a new language. This time, rather than M-F for a set amount of time, I want to try just practicing daily. And since it’s the holiday season this should be a good challenge for this time of year.

Not particularly werewolf-themed, however there have been stories regarding werewolves in the Netherlands. There are a lot of werewolf stories from Germany, so since Dutch is in the German language family, I’ll take it.

Scoring: /28

Reward: +4 to WIS

3. Running

I still don’t like running, but even I have to admit that it’s a good workout. And, it actually cuts my time I have to be at the gym down since I work up a sweat much faster. I want to run at least twice a week.

This will also be my leg workout for this challenge.

Not only are they incredibly strong, but werewolves are faster. Often faster than the human eye can even track. They are silent, deadly predators that not only rely on their inhuman strength, but also on their blindingly fast speed. Running is an endurance sport and werewolves do a lot of it. Hopefully, I’ll be able to increase my own speed by continuing to practice running.

Scoring: x/4

Reward: +3 STA & +3 to DEX

Image result for female werewolf muscles

• Like 3

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

WEREWOLVES. Neat!

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Dutch: 2/28

Dutch is...almost as weird a language as Welsh. It sounds verbally sort of like German+English, but the spelling...ugh! I'm wondering if I should be doing Spanish instead. 

Weights:

Bar Curls: 3 sets of 9 reps each at 20lbs 

Bench Press (machine): 3 sets of 9 reps each at 70lbs

Overhead Press (machine): 2 sets of 9 reps each at 40lbs; 1 set of 7 reps at 45lbs

Pull Downs: 2 sets of 9 reps each at 60lbs; 1 set of 6 reps at 65lbs

Tricep Pullovers: 2 sets of 9 reps each at 20lbs; 1 set of 6 reps at 25lbs

Pull-ups: 5 negatives

Situps: 2 sets of 20 on the highest incline

• Like 1

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

As a fellow wolf and RL Alpha Werewolf, I approve this entire challenge :)

300px-CurseWorgen3CoverSample.jpg?versio

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Dutch: 5/28

I had to finish the animal lessons and in doing so, hit Level 4!

However, after 5 days of this odd take on German, I think I'm going back to Spanish for the remainder of this challenge. Mostly because the DuoLingo automated pronunciation male voice is really hard to understand. At least the female, Spanish voice enunciates her letters!

• Like 3

Current Challenge: 

1 hour ago, elinox said:

Spanish: 9/28 (I did my lessons over the weekend!)

Good job with the spanish :D

I need to get back to brushing up on mine. Especially living down

here in TX its practically our second language and is very useful. Are you mixing music, tv and movies with Duolingo?

lobos1-e1317715600100.jpg

7 minutes ago, Volki said:

Are you mixing music, tv and movies with Duolingo?

lobos1-e1317715600100.jpg

No, mostly because DuoLingo is fast and easy to use, even in its app form on my phone. 

• Like 3

Current Challenge: 

9 minutes ago, Laghail said:

My non-existent Spanish is rusty, but does that translate to "Wolves of Arga: a comedy with claws"??? Why isn't this on Netflix??

I found it on youtube!

It doesnt have the subtitles though 

I haven't seen it yet but I might watch it later tonight and guess what they are saying :P

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Laghail said:

Honestly, don't tell the WAG group, but has any werewolf movie, ever, had dialogue worth hearing??

Van Helsing, the first Underworld movie, American Werewolf in London, Wolf, The Wolf Man (2010), The Company of Wolves, Teem Wolf (the movie), all have half-way decent lines. Not stellar, but not terrible either. ;)

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

Spanish: 12/28

And I was a beast at the gym today!

Running: 4/8 (20 minutes)

Weights: 1/5

3 sets at 7 reps each, 45lbs overhead press

3 sets at 7 reps each, 65lbs pull downs

1 set at 9 reps, 20lb barbell curl

1 set at 6 reps, 25lbs barbell curl --> goal!

• Like 4

Current Challenge: