DrFeelgood XVII: Advent

DrFeelgood

1 hour ago, DrFeelgood said:

I joined NF two years ago when I determined at age 36 that year 37 was going to get me to my personal best, and I largely succeeded.  Then I entered year 38 without any real defined goals other than to make the 1000-pound club.  I accomplished that by June and have seriously petered out since then.  Tomorrow I start year 39.  I need some more of that determination.  I want to make this coming year the best it can be.  I'm taking the rest of 2016 to plan, rest, and prep so I can hit the ground running on Sunday.

Sounds good! Try make small goals that you can handle, and mark them off your list as you go. Let's get some momentum going in 2017!

• Like 1

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

17 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

I will be a cheerleader for 2017! Let me know if you get brisket texture right. Unless mine is in the smoker I don't like it.

Hooray, I'll be cheering you on too!  I'll post up my brisket thingy when I get it just right for those who are interested--this was the first time I tried to braise one and it surprised me how good it turned out.

12/28 - Standard work day gave way to a busy evening at home, but it was almost entirely home-office type work that kept me glued to my desk.  Still it felt good to get our 2017 financial planning done.  I'm finally going to be able to start contributing to my retirement savings this year, and that's kind of exciting.  I'm also working on paying off the new minivan further ahead of schedule, and we should have the holiday credit-card stuff wrapped up by March 1.  I did some additional planning for my student loans, and with a little luck it looks like I should be able to finish those up by July 2018.  MFG talked to the management company about extending our lease for another six months, and that seems like it's going to work out; we definitely need to buy some more time for house hunting.  I updated the kids' account spreadsheets in "The Bank of Mom and Dad" with their Christmas/birthday gifts and spending, then I gave Bubbles a detailed explanation of how our household finances work--including reviewing our budget categories for 2016.  I think it was pretty eye-opening for her.  I also took care of some correspondence (mainly thank-yous for gifts), rescheduled a couple of package deliveries that shipped early and were due to arrive while we're out of town this weekend, and re-worked the music library on the home PC and created a bunch of playlists that MFG can use on a thumb drive in her minivan.  Finally I spent the last 30 minutes before trundling up toe bed looking at some ways to start achieving my goals for the coming year.  Very busy and productive evening. :)

In terms of my current fitness goals yesterday was a mega-tank, but that was deliberate.  I'm off program until Sunday.  I'm going to enjoy my birthday today and have a nice weekend in Texas with my family.  We'll ring in the new year with my brother's family then head back to OK and get right down to business on Jan 1.  I think I'm ready to get back in the gym and restart my strengthening routine.  I know I'm ready to start eating right again.  I've already dumped the diet sodas, and I'm tapering off the caffeine with smaller and smaller regular sodas for the next couple of days.  MFG is on board with regularizing our sleep and waking schedule, so we'll take another run at that.  Sunday it all begins anew.  I like fresh starts.

Apart from needing to find a house in the coming year I feel like there should be a lot of stability and predictability for 2017.  Emphasis will be working on our physical fitness, spiritual wellness, and intellectual development.  Also, I want to move beyond my current guitar plateau of directionless-noodler to become a legit Shredi Knight. B)

39 trips around the sun are in the books.  Number 40 is going to be a good one.  I love riding this giant space rock with you nerds. ;)

• Like 7

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Happy Birthday!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

On 12/29/2016 at 9:50 AM, Ensi said:

Happy Birthday!! Here's to a new good year:

tumblr_inline_nqy8dusBrl1qk8tvh_500.gif

On 12/29/2016 at 9:56 AM, Terah said:

funny-happy-birthday-animal-pictures.jpg

Happy birthday!

On 12/29/2016 at 10:26 AM, LadyShello said:

Happy Birthday!  

Thanks, y'all.  I went to Texas and made the absolute most of the day long weekend. :D

12/29 - Went to work, went home, packed a bag, drove down to Dallas--with a stop at the Cotton Patch Cafe in Wichita Falls for birthday dinner--for the weekend, unboxed a cheesecake for my birthday dessert, loved every bite.

12/30 - Bro and family weren't due back from California until Saturday, so we used Friday as our errands/shopping day.  We went to IKEA and Costco with lunch at In-n-Out burger (yum!) then tooled around town a bit for the afternoon.  Dinner was pizza and more cheesecake.

12/31 - Had an opportunity to briefly catch up with some old friends from Iowa who were traveling through Dallas to get home to Waco from spending the holidays with their family in Indiana (got all that?) so we spent brunch meeting up with them across town.  Then we did a few more stores and got back to the house to prepare for Bro's arrival.  While preparing we decided we needed a few things for dinner (steak and mashed potatoes) so we went out shopping again.  That let Bro and family arrive without us in their faces, and it gave them a chance to unpack, unwind, and catch a good nap before we went back and got cooking.  After dinner Bro treated everyone to shakes from Braums, and we all went to bed (before midnight) very fat and very tired. :)

1/1 - Nice easy morning cooking bacon and eggs to supplement Bro's donut run.  I showed him a few tips on the new cast-iron skillet I bought him.  We watched a movie before switching to board games while the Cowboys were playing a meaningless contest with the Eagles.  Once the board game was finished we packed up, said our goodbyes, and dropped by In-n-Out one more time for lunch before hitting the road.  A few hours later we're home and getting resettled in.  I've got a storage cart of some type to assemble for MFG and I'm making a couple of playlists for her to use in the Mom-van.  I've got tomorrow off of work, so I'll likely take that as another day off before starting my Week Zero preps.  Official weigh in to start 2017 happens in the morning, and I'm legitimately excited to see how high I was able to run it up before launching on another year of fitness questing. :lol:

God bless you all in 2017.  Whatever comes our way this year, know that y'all are loved and I'm cheering you on!

New challenge post will be up later this week.  I'm going to run it concurrently with the SOULCON Team Echo Challenge I'm doing with the men in my church, and as of yet I have no idea what that's going to look like. ;)

• Like 8

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?