A New Fighter Approaches!

Hi all,

I have been lurking the site on and off for a few months and finally decided to join up with the rebellion. I am 23 years old, from Virginia, weigh somewhere between 195-200lbs, 6'1". Hobbies I enjoy are, video games, watching anime, a good game campaign of Dungeons and Dragons, and Dagorhir! I don't get a chance to game as much as I used to. I'm a recovering WoW addict, a former Halo and Starcraft II player, and currently a League of Legends kind of guy. When it comes to my only physical activity besides daily life, I fight Dagorhir for 4 hours on Sundays. Dagorhir is part of what is inspiring me to get in shape, I am competitive when it comes to games, and want to push myself hard to be the best I can be at it. Currently I fight single sword, sword and board, and am working on making a polearm.

So why start now, whats different so different? Well I have been reading articles during my lunch breaks at work and had a few really hit home to me. I'm ready to "Live a life worth living" and get myself in shape. I've always been out of shape, always wanted to get in shape, and like a lot of people, could never see it all the way through. Sickness, injuries, and just life getting in the way. Well, now I am going to succeed, now I am not going to let life get in the way. If something comes up, it will just be a problem that needs a creative solution. I want to explore the world, and not just the World of Warcraft. I look forward to the road ahead, because "today is the first day, of the rest of my life" and I look forward to challenges that await!

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2

Hi Naerith! Great to have you here :)

Dagorhir sounds awesome from what I've seen and definitely a great place to start getting in shape. Not least of all for the motivation. I'd love to give it a go sometime but I'm not sure if/where they'd do it here in the UK...

Anyway, good luck and I look forward to hearing about your epic journey!

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says "I'll try again tomorrow".

-Mary Anne Radmacher