Week 1: Day 5, 6, & 7 - Friday- Sunday December 9-11th, 2016

This weekend was absolutely crazy so sorry for the delayed posting but I couldn't find anytime to get online and write up all the thing that I've been doing this weekend:

Friday 12/9/16

Last Friday was the middle schools winter formal dance, and since not many teacher was to chaperone the dances I normally volunteer and go. Since the dance didn't start till 6:00pm. I just decided to stay at school and exercise here instead of trying to drive to the gym and then drive back to my school. To that end, I ran for about 30 min and then did a short 30 min strength training calisthenics workout for my exercise requirement for the day. Then at the dance I danced around and had a great time and ended up getting over 20,000 steps :D and finishing my GB handstand workout.  

Saturday 12/10/16

Saturday I had an event in Raleigh that I had to be at at 4:00 and I slept in a little ok a lot  so I spend most of the morning running around trying to get my meal prep stuff completed. Even thought I was a little behind schedule I ended up getting 18 meals prepped for me and my GF (10 for me and 8 for her) in only about 2.5 hours. I took a lot of pictures and will post significantly more detailed post about that meal prep and my process hopefully later today if all goes well. Then I went to an awesome party at an adventure park that had laser tag, go carts, trampoline jumping area, and a rope course! It was a lot of fun and I ended up getting over 10,000 steps and jumping on those trampolines for about 45min was a serious workout! So I'm counting that as my exercise for the day.  

Sunday 12/11/16

Sunday I had an event I was working that took the majority of the day so by the time I ended up getting back in G-ville It was 8:00pm! Since I hadn't really been active at all I decided that I should head to the gym and I ran/walked on the treadmill for about 45min (just enough go get me to 10,000 steps) I was going to do some yoga and my handstand work too, but my GF wanted to spend some quality time together so I ended up doing that instead. 

Unfortunately on both Sat and Sun I learned that I am pretty strong willed when the temptations are short or when I have other things to distract my sweet tooth from but when exposed to cookies, pizza, and other junk food for extended periods of time with those things being the only option I tent to crack and then cave, and then when eventually give in I binge and eat way more than I should like 8 cookies and half a pizza >___< snowballing into a "well whats the point, mine as well have another" and "today's already a wash mine as well have another" :/

• Like 5

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

WEEK ONE REVIEW 

Making pretty good progress towards most of my goals, hopefully I will be able to keep up this momentum throughout the entire challenge and for the coming year too.

aWX4G.gif

Ultimate Challenge Goals 

1. Exercise Everyday in Someway

2. Continue my Handstand Training

3. Record my Nutrition in MFP and Track my Food Intake (to loose weight)

4. Meal Prep for the following and current week

The 12 Labors 

1. Slay the Nemean Lion: An lion who's fur can't be damaged by weapons, I'll need to use pure strength to beat it

To Slay: [2.5/12] [This week = 2.5h completed] Complete 12 1h Strength Training Sessions 

2. Slay the Lernaean Hydra: A toxic multi-headed serpent who's heads multiply when cut off, I'll need to be flexible to avoid its poison breath and fangs

To Slay: [2.5/9] [This week = 2.5h completed] Complete 9 1h Yoga Sessions (two 30min session, and four 15min sessions will count as 1)

3. Capture the Ceryneia Hind: A golden Deer who runs faster than an arrow in flight, I'll need to be exceeding fast to capture this beast

To Capture: [2.25/8] [This week = 2.25 completed] Complete 8 30min+ Cardio Workouts (30min + Walking or getting 10,000 FB Steps will count 1/4 credit)

4. Capture the Erymathian Boar: A fearsome giant boar of unknown whereabouts, I'll need to an excellent tracker to find and capture it 

To Capture: [7/26] [This week = 7 completed] Complete 26 diary entries for my MFP

5. Clean out the Augean Stables: A gross stable filled with divine, immortal cows that made a shitload of dung, I'll need to clean up my diet to purify it

To Clean: [1.5/4] Loose 4lbs [Start = 164.2 Current =162.7 Progress = -1.5]

6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds: Man-eating, bronze beaked birds that can launch their metal feathers, I'll have to shoot them out of the air

To Slay: [0/4] [This week = 0 completed]Complete 4 30min+ Target Archery Sessions

7. Capture the Cretan Bull: A slightly angrier than normal bull, I'll need to prepare diligently to capture it

To Capture: [4/16] [This week = 4 lunches prepped] Pre-Prepare 16 Lunches 

8. Capture the Mares of Diomedes: Mad, man-eating horses that breath fire, I'll need to prepare and strategizes to capture them

To Capture: [10/16] + [4/4] [This week = 10 Dinners prepped and 4 new recipies tried!]Pre-Prepare 16 Dinners and 4 New Meal Prep Recipes tried

9. Obtain the Belt of Hippolyta: A magical belt worn by the queen of the Amazons, I'll need to impress her if I want to get it

To Obtain: [0/15s] [This week = no video]15 second strict handstand hold (w/ video)

10. Obtain the Cattle of Geryon: A huge herd of magnificent red cattle guarded by a multi-headed giant, I'll need to perceiver to get all of them back

To Obtain: [3/16] + [0/4] [This week = 3 GB workout & 0 long hold tests but 1 extra yoga hand balance flow practice]16 GB Handstand workouts + 4 long hold skill tests

11. Steal the Apples of the Hesperides:  Golden apples that granted immortality, guarded by a dragon and Atlas, holder of the world, I'll need to prepare to trick Atlas  

To Steal: [1/4] [This week = preped snacks, but didn't eat many, will just replinish for future] Prepare 4 weeks worth of snacks (1 per week)

12. Capture Cerberus: The 3 headed dog and guardian of the underworld, I'll need some fat to entice him to come with me

To Capture: [0/1.25%] [Start = 17.3% (14.8%?) Current = ?? (15.2%) Progress = unsure] Loose 1.25% BF

• Like 5

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Ryuu1011's 3 Step Meal Prep Guide

Ok guys here is the Meal Prep Tips and Guided that I promised :) I hope it's helpful!

All of the pics have been spoiler-ed to make the post a little smaller :)

Step One: Be Prepared-

Meal Prepping is all about preparing and making healthy meals ahead so that the rest of the week is easier and that you're less likely to be tempted when you already have healthy meal waiting for you at home. And the first step to a successful weeks worth of meals is writing out your meal plan on paper, just like how you would not go in to the gym without having the workout  you about to be are going to be doing written down don't just wing your meal plan either:

941F1718-99FB-4B86-9730-A46CB8A37E0F_zps

When I'm planning (especially for this week because I was so busy and knew that I wasn't going to have much time to prepare my meals) I like to 1st think about the total number of meals that I'm going to be making (for me this week it was 18, 10 lunches and 8 dinners [5 lunches and dinners for me and 5 lunches and 3 dinners for the GF]) 

Then I think about what recipes that I'm going to be making for those meals and what I'm going to need to create them. Then break those down into three main categories: Protein, Green/ Veggies, and Carbs and figure out about how many servings/ how much of each thing I'll need. This is will also serve as my grocery list. If you are counting your macro's this step is very helpful because you can determine roughly how much of each you'll need to buy. That takes a little math but is super easy once you get the hang of it, you can see my calculations at the top of the picture, but for example I knew I need 5 lunches and wanted 12oz of chicken in each lunch so I would multiply 5*12 to get 60oz and then divide that by 16 (#of oz in 1 lb) to get 3.75lbs. That tells that I'll need to get at least 3.75lbs (always get a bigger size because you'll loose some when you trim them/ cut them up) of boneless skinless chicken breast when I'm grocery shopping. 

Planning out what you'll actually be eating for each day is sometimes helpful too and I'll normally do that except when I'm just making 1 thing for each lunch and dinner (this can be seen in the bottom right of the picture)

Finally the last step to being prepared is having enough Tupperware/ storage containers to store your meals in. I got a big set of Tupperware when I decided I was going to start meal prepping seriously and then got a set of mason jars as well because they work great for Salads and cold meals. Below is the set of Tupperware that I have and I uses both the pint and quart size mason jars. 

Image result for mason jars

5BFFE789-3385-4E0E-A034-CECEC29A4D38_zps 

Step Two: Grocery Shopping, Mes and Plas, and Cooking-

I forgot to take a picture of all the the Groceries that I used but using the plan you made above just get create a list and gather all of your ingredients. Mes and Plas is a French culinary phrase that means "everything in its place" and is loosely used to mean mean the prep work done before you start cooking to save time. For me I saved time here by just purchasing "steam in the bag veggies" and then cubed all of the chicken and the sweet potato.

For the recipes I normally follow the golden rule of meal prep "the fancier something is generally the worst it tastes after sitting for a week in Tupperware" For the veggies I just steamed them in the bag, for the chicken I did two sets: honey mustard and Italian. The Honey Mustard I followed a simple recipe of 3/4 TBSP of Coconut Oil/ Butter per lb of chicken, 1/2TBSP of Sage and 1/2 TBSP of Salt per lb., and 1-2TBSP of Dijon Mustard per lb.  For the Italian I didn't really follow a recipe and just used 1/2 TBSP of Olive Oil per lb to coat the chicken and then eyeballed generic Italian seasoning and salt until the chicken was coated. Then I Baked both at 400 degrees for ~20-30min (basically until there is no more pink and it's fully cooked).

For the Sweet Potatoes I just coated them in a little bit of Olive Oil (2 TBSP) and seasoned with seasonings that I like on my potatoes: salt, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, smoked paprika, cinnamon, and a little bit of cayenne pepper. To coat them just dump the sweet potato cubes and seasoning into a big bowl and literally toss them around until they are all coated.  

934C29F6-489B-4FE6-8EE5-B17E1C1D4534_zps

C77DA6FA-C3BC-473A-AAEA-BFE2A468DD74_zps

E2FDB5D3-D844-4075-AE7F-DB2CB2A9A40C_zps

E9769F81-FD03-4211-ACCF-61A7D67D3B4C_zps

EE6B24DE-480E-4442-86CE-1EA4592EA4BF_zps

For meal prep you're going to have a lot of things cooking at the same time so while the chicken was cooking in the oven I had the Qunoa on the stove and because I was short on time I made excellent used of the microwave to steam the veggies, like 3-4 min per pack, and cook the sweet potatoes, which normally take like 30min in the oven cook in 4-5 min in the microwave.   

Step Three: Preparing the Meals-

The final step is actually preparing all of the meals that you've finished cooking. I don't stress the portions too much and just try to eye ball and get them about even as possible. This is my favorite part because you get to see all of your hard work come together! For my Mason Jar salads I started with the dressing and then work your way up using the hard veggies (like carrots, broccoli, ex) as a brace in between dressing and the soft veggies (cucumber, peppers ex) then the greens (lettuce/ spinach/ kale), then protein (chicken, beef ex) and finally toppings and fresh fruit.

For the other meals I just portioned out the chicken, one serving of veggies, and one serving of carbs into each container.

4443E272-1F89-4DDD-B6D9-8E5F37B564AA_zps

E33679AF-D4C7-4C7F-BEA5-9F6732EE406A_zps

285F478E-D3E4-4EB5-B496-12E8CDCA63AF_zps

The final step is making sure that you clean up the kitchen! I like to clean as I go because it makes everything a little easier while I'm preparing and cooking other things. 

I hope that gives you guys a better idea of how I do my meal prepping. Since I wasn't doing anything fancy and knew all the recipes this week it only took me about 2- 2.5hours. Last week when I was trying out some new things and not cooking all the same thing it took me about 5-6 hours. Please feel free to ask me any questions if anything was unclear or you'd like some more specific advice :)

• Like 6

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! Thank you!!

source.gif

• Like 1

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

1 hour ago, otterbyte said:

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! Thank you!!

Hahaha well I posted it a little early but it's all finished now :)

Week 2: Day 1- December 12th, 2016

Another productive start to the week

200.gif#20

It's true what they say about never missing a Monday. It always makes the week feel more productive and like you can do anything you set your mind to that week! Had a pretty busy day but still managed to go to the Gym and get my GB Handstand work done too! 

GB Handstand Workout

Warm Up Wrist Stretches 4 rounds (Front, Back, Upside down, and Side) for 10r each

Long Hollow Wrist Walk 5x3r 
Long Hollow 1st knuckle walk 5x3r 
Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk 5x3r 
Long Hollow Fingertip Walk 5x3r 

Extended Tripod Headstand 3x24s
Static Standing Shoulder Extension with Weighted Bar 3x10s  

Strength Workout:

5min Warm Up and Handstand Practice 

Weighted Chin Up
Set: 4 Reps: 10/5/3/1 Lbs: 0/10/ 25/ 45
Set: 2 Reps: 6/ 8  Lbs: 60/ 35

Handstand Pushup on 2 45lb Plates (Head Tap)
Set: 3 Reps: 6/5/5

One Armed Dumbbell Row 
Set: 3 Reps: 6/6/6 Lbs: 60/60/60

Lateral Raise
Set: 3 Reps: 8/8/6 Lbs: 25/25/30

Hanging Leg Raise
Set: 3 Reps: 10/10/7 Lbs: n/a 

• Like 2

It is great watching your progress on the labors. While at first I thought it might be a bit overwhelming to try to get through what it takes to accomplish all 12, I realized that it's not as if you actually have to focus on each one as a separate item - working on some will go towards accomplishing others. For example, strength training and meal prep will go towards your weight loss: staying consistent with some labors will help with others. Slaying the Lernaean Hydra and the Nemean Lion, along with capturing the Cretan Bull and Mares of Diomedes, will help with capturing Cerberus. This is probably how you planned it, and I just really like how you laid this one out. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

13 hours ago, Jormungand said:

It is great watching your progress on the labors. While at first I thought it might be a bit overwhelming to try to get through what it takes to accomplish all 12, I realized that it's not as if you actually have to focus on each one as a separate item - working on some will go towards accomplishing others. For example, strength training and meal prep will go towards your weight loss: staying consistent with some labors will help with others. Slaying the Lernaean Hydra and the Nemean Lion, along with capturing the Cretan Bull and Mares of Diomedes, will help with capturing Cerberus. This is probably how you planned it, and I just really like how you laid this one out. 

Thanks! Yep that was all part of my evil scheme plan :) I've still only got 4 main goals I just broke them down into 12 "mini-goals" basically. It has actually been very helpful in terms of tracking as well because I can see exactly how close I am/ how much work I did towards them this week. When I was first thinking up this challenge I considered doing a "must finish one before moving on" kind of quest but it just didn't seem reasonable or realistic to think I'd be able to complete one without working on the others. 

• Like 2

Week 2: Day 2- December 13th, 2016

tumblr_inline_ne7ierDwpU1sypa56.gif

Today was a pretty weird, had wanted to do some archery but it's been raining off and on for the entire week so far so between the mud and the possibility of rain I just decided against it. Then when I got home I was absolutely starving so I ate some of my snacks but then I got unbelievably tired and ended up falling asleep before my yoga workout. I did end up doing a short 30min advanced balance yoga workout, and my GB Handstand stuff but It was just an odd day and overall I just felt a little off.. 

GB Handstand Workout

Warm Up Wrist Stretches 4 rounds (Front, Back, Upside down, and Side) for 10r each

Long Hollow Wrist Walk 4x4r 
Long Hollow 1st knuckle walk 4x4r 
Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk 4x4r 
Long Hollow Fingertip Walk 4x4r 

Extended Tripod Headstand 4x24s
Static Standing Shoulder Extension with Weighted Bar 4x10s  

• Like 4

Week 2: Day 3- Wed December 14th, 2016

Today was a rough day. I woke up feeling even more "off" than yesterday. Head-aching and upset stomach is not a fun way to start a day. Then the kids were exceptionally tough today too. I had one student who basically said that she like their previous art teacher better than me and while I don't think she was trying to say it maliciously it still hurt pretty bad, and made me sad. Then my last group of 8th Graders (12ish year old students) were just out of control and wild. One of them decided to put hot glue ALL over another student's pencil and then no one would own up and say who did it, just making it all the more frustrating, and my head-ache worse. And to top it all off I had an interview scheduled for as soon as I got off of school!  I had not even eaten my lunch because I was so busy, stressed out, and sick about the kids and the interview I just wasn't hungry at all during my lunchtime.

So after school I rushed home for my Skype interview which took about 1.5hours and afterwards I was just wiped out and completely exhausted. I knew that I could have/ should have went to the gym but my will power and mental energy had been spent for the day, so I decided that I would take care of some X-mas shopping that I needed to do. While I was out in about I started to get HUNGRY (like would chew off my own arm hungry) and a super powerful craving for a bacon cheese burger and some fries from a restaurant called 5 Guys, and while I resisted at first when my GF got home and I told her about how hungry I was and my craving she said she'd been craving the same thing too, so we went back out and had a fat kid dinner XD 

I think I feel the worst about not doing anything for my fitness yesterday and then giving in to a bad junk food craving as well. The funny part is about 1/2 through the burger all I could think was "huh...this isn't as good as I wanted it to be :(  >___< " 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

I think I feel the worst about not doing anything for my fitness yesterday and then giving in to a bad junk food craving as well. The funny part is about 1/2 through the burger all I could think was "huh...this isn't as good as I wanted it to be :(  >___< " 

I got this at a burger place, too, the other day (and I *love* Five Guys, btw). It wasn't the burger, though. It was the coke which I got with it as a special treat. I hadn't had coke in ages and it sounded sooooo refreshing. I only drank about an inch of it before my stomach said, "ugh, no more." Bodies are strange, man.

• Like 2

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Samuel Beckett

Man, that sounds like a heck of a crappy day. Hope things are looking up for you today. 

23 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Yeah, this stinks. I've learned that as much as I think a soda (or sweets, or junk food) would be great, I'll just waste it. Again, hope things get better for you. 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

23 hours ago, otterbyte said:

I got this at a burger place, too, the other day (and I *love* Five Guys, btw). It wasn't the burger, though. It was the coke which I got with it as a special treat. I hadn't had coke in ages and it sounded sooooo refreshing. I only drank about an inch of it before my stomach said, "ugh, no more." Bodies are strange, man.

Yeah no kidding especially when you're trying to cut out all the bad sugars and fats, and that's what your body is designed to crave >_<

23 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

This is such a crappy time of year for teachers! Kids are antsy, hyper, and more excited than usual. Hang in there! 

Tell me about it >____< this last week before they get off for break is always exceptionally tough because the students get so crazy

36 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Man, that sounds like a heck of a crappy day. Hope things are looking up for you today. 

Yeah, this stinks. I've learned that as much as I think a soda (or sweets, or junk food) would be great, I'll just waste it. Again, hope things get better for you. 

Thanks yeah Wednesday was rough one but Thursday was a little better and I'm feeling a little better than that today. It was just one of those days that you can't really plan for and can just try and keep moving forward 

• Like 2

Week 2: Day 4- Thursday December 15th, 2016

Coming back from Wednesday I was still not feeling 100% and my strength really reflected this. I was doing my bench press and I was only about to do 3 reps with a weight I should have been able to do 7 times :( So after that I just decided to stop doing my Strength workout (after about 30 min) and did 30min of light cardio (increasing interval sprints) and 30 min of yoga to stretch out after my running so overall I got about an hour and a half of activity, split between my 3 main focuses, and I'm very happy with that for today. I played around with some handstand stuff at the end too but didn't do the GB workout today.

• Like 2

I have a friend who is a high school art teacher, and she is going through the same thing right now. Hopefully, things get better before the break.

On 12/15/2016 at 9:55 AM, otterbyte said:

Bodies are strange, man.

You said it. This is true for food cravings, poor workouts, any number of things. It will pass though, and a less than stellar workout does not a fitness regimen undo. Like you said, just keep moving forward.

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

Week 2: Day 5, 6, & 7 - Friday- Sunday December 16-18th, 2016

200.gif#8

So much going on the weekends and I have the hardest time finding time to update my challenge, so its a little late but here are the updates from the tail end of week 2.

Friday 12/16/16

Did a variation of my strength training workout today and then my GF and I went to see Rogue One which was a nice break from all the stress from work.

Saturday 12/17/16

Drove back early in the morning to Raleigh to go Rock Climbing, hosting another NC Nerd Fit Meet Up which was a lot of fun. I was astonished by how tired I was after just one hour of rock climbing, especially my fingers. HOLY COW rock climbing is a beast for finger tip strength work! The actual rock climbing gym was super impressive, they had a ton of rock walls, a space for bouldering (climbing with no equipment), and some super tall walls. In addition to a full weight room, a peg board, rope to climb and more!! I wish I lived closer and I'd probably be getting a membership to that gym asap :) 

Sunday 12/18/16

Today was a weirdly warm day in NC, so my friend and I decided to take advantage of the weather and go on a long bike ride. So the day primarily consumed by a 2hour and 45 min bike ride with my friend. Overall we went a little over 20miles and I burned almost 1,500 calories! Since it was still pretty nice when I got back I decided to also set up my archery stuff and shoot around some, which was a lot of fun. I even set up a little six shot run course what was exciting to play around with towards the end.

• Like 4

WEEK TWO REVIEW 

Going Decently, Had some hiccups with my workouts and my diet but overall I think I've been doing decently so far this challenge

200w.gif#35

Ultimate Challenge Goals 

1. Exercise Everyday in Someway

2. Continue my Handstand Training

3. Record my Nutrition in MFP and Track my Food Intake (to loose weight)

4. Meal Prep for the following and current week

The 12 Labors 

1. Slay the Nemean Lion: An lion who's fur can't be damaged by weapons, I'll need to use pure strength to beat it

To Slay: [6/12] [This week = 3.5h completed] (I'm counting my Rock Climbing for 1h) Complete 12 1h Strength Training Sessions 

2. Slay the Lernaean Hydra: A toxic multi-headed serpent who's heads multiply when cut off, I'll need to be flexible to avoid its poison breath and fangs

To Slay: [3.5/9] [This week = 1h completed] Complete 9 1h Yoga Sessions (two 30min session, and four 15min sessions will count as 1)

3. Capture the Ceryneia Hind: A golden Deer who runs faster than an arrow in flight, I'll need to be exceeding fast to capture this beast

Captured! [8.50/8] [This week = 6.25 completed] Complete 8 30min+ Cardio Workouts (30min + Walking or getting 10,000 FB Steps will count 1/4 credit)

4. Capture the Erymathian Boar: A fearsome giant boar of unknown whereabouts, I'll need to an excellent tracker to find and capture it 

To Capture: [13/26] [This week = 6 completed] Complete 26 diary entries for my MFP

5. Clean out the Augean Stables: A gross stable filled with divine, immortal cows that made a shitload of dung, I'll need to clean up my diet to purify it

To Clean: [1.7/4] Loose 4lbs [Start = 164.2 Current =162.5 Progress = -1.7]

6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds: Man-eating, bronze beaked birds that can launch their metal feathers, I'll have to shoot them out of the air

To Slay: [1/4] [This week = 1 completed]Complete 4 30min+ Target Archery Sessions

7. Capture the Cretan Bull: A slightly angrier than normal bull, I'll need to prepare diligently to capture it

To Capture: [9/16] [This week = 5 lunches prepped] Pre-Prepare 16 Lunches 

8. Capture the Mares of Diomedes: Mad, man-eating horses that breath fire, I'll need to prepare and strategizes to capture them

To Capture: [15/16] + [4/4] [This week = 5 Dinners prepped and 0 new recipies tried!]Pre-Prepare 16 Dinners and 4 New Meal Prep Recipes tried

9. Obtain the Belt of Hippolyta: A magical belt worn by the queen of the Amazons, I'll need to impress her if I want to get it

To Obtain: [~21walk/15s] [This week = 21sec with adjustiment walking]15 second strict handstand hold (w/ video)

10. Obtain the Cattle of Geryon: A huge herd of magnificent red cattle guarded by a multi-headed giant, I'll need to perceiver to get all of them back

To Obtain: [6/12] + [1/4] [This week = 3 GB workout & 1 long hold tests]12 GB Handstand workouts + 4 long hold skill tests

11. Steal the Apples of the Hesperides:  Golden apples that granted immortality, guarded by a dragon and Atlas, holder of the world, I'll need to prepare to trick Atlas  

To Steal: [1/4] [This week = 0 Just ate snacks from week 1 now need to replinish] Prepare 4 weeks worth of snacks (1 per week)

12. Capture Cerberus: The 3 headed dog and guardian of the underworld, I'll need some fat to entice him to come with me

To Capture: [0/1.25%] [Start = ~ 17.3% (14.8%?) Current = ?? (15%) Progress = unsure*] Loose 1.25% BF 

*Will take my measurements this week to get a more accurate reading of my body fat percentages

• Like 5

Week 3: Day 1- Monday December 19th, 2016

Decided to do a little bit of everything again today, I'm not sure why but I'm just feeling a little lost with my workouts lately. I think I need to re-examine my strength goals and come up with a new plan that reflects my flexibility, mobility, and strength goals all in one. I'm really considering and just dropping the $$ and purchasing the set of GB's fundamentals and stretch series since they align almost identically to with my ultimate goals. Unfortunately, the whole set is like $400 :/ which is kinda a LOT of money, but if I purchase that instead of renewing my gym membership I think it would basically balance out. 

Today I did about 30min of strength training, 30min of running/ cardio, and 30 min of flexibility/ yoga. 

I'm waiting on my meal prep for the week because I have some meals from previous preps that I have not eaten yet and want to "clean the fridge" of all of them before I make some more. I think I'll prep on Wednesday after I get out of school for the 1/2 day. 

• Like 4

I did it! I decided to take the plunge and go full steam towards Gymnastic Strength Training with GB! Basically since that is what I've always been wanting to do, and most closely fit towards my goals. I now have GB's Fundamentals, Foundations, the Stretch Series, and their Handstand One Course. I'm pretty excited to give this a try and will let you guys know how it goes :) 

• Like 4

Ooh! I've just got Vitamin, so I'm curious to hear about some of the rest of the classes. <Camps out to wait for updates.>

• Like 1

Samuel Beckett

36 minutes ago, otterbyte said:

Vitamin

what is Vitamin?  o.O?!

15 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

what is Vitamin?  o.O?!

A link for the fine gentleman! 

https://gmb.io/v/

• Like 1

Samuel Beckett

13 hours ago, otterbyte said:

A link for the fine gentleman! 

https://gmb.io/v/

Excellent. Excellent *twirling my mustache and adjusting my monocle* ;) Ah you're talking about Gold Metal Bodies, I'm talking about Gymnastic Bodies similar but different training programs

• Like 1

Week 3: Day 2- Tuesday December 20th, 2016

Today was a complete flop in terms of health and fitness >_<. My student brought me gifts but 90% of them were in the forms of homemade chocolates, candies, and other goodies so they were basically the only thing I ate today. The only good thing that came from today was that I now have a plan and feel like I've got another good idea for the future workouts. My GF got home early today and we decided to go on a date night to go see the movie Sing (super cute I'd highly recommend it) and I ended up eating movie candy for dinner. I also spent my "workout" time for today reading and purchasing my new workout program and didn't have a chance to actually do any of them so 100% flop for today's health and nutrition goals. 

This seems to happen a lot weirdly enough were I'll have a pretty good Monday but then just go straight down hill on Tuesday :/ 

• Like 2