Spezzy's New Groove

spezzy

Alright, if you followed my last challenge, I was doing great and then all of a sudden, life got in the way of my groove.

I was supposed to compete December 10th, but unfortunately, my Dr. has recommended I drop out (due to an infection and antibiotics). Health > all else, so I'm listening and doing that.

Along with that, I'm moving on Monday (get my keys tomorrow!) to a new location and going through some personal things that have just thrown off my groove.

So this challenge will be to get my groove back :)

Because instead of being like this:

tumblr_mvqszlgErb1qhwb5go1_500.png

or like this:

giphy.gif

I am going to be like this:

giphy.gif

Yayyyyyy!

Okay so! CHALLENGE GOALS:

giphy.gif

1) So just because I can't do my meet on Dec 10th doesn't mean I'm done. There's another meet 20 minutes north of my new place on January 14th. So I'm going to do that instead.

Goals will be the same as they were for this meet:

Squat: 300lbs (137.5kg)

Bench: 215lbs (97.5 kg)

Deadlift: 440lbs (200kg)

in the 67.5kg weight class (148.8lbs)

This would give me a 955 / 435 total , a 443.96 Wilks, and sets me up towards my 1,000 total in late 2017. 

Soooooo 

a) get advice on peaking part of programming

b ) update programming to reflect new meet

c) follow programming

200w.gif

2) DIET Before I started the antibiotics I had gotten down to 155lbs, which was on track. I'm heavier now (due to water) so don't know what I'm actually at, but I'd like to get to 152-153 by the end of this challenge in order to be able to cut properly to get down to that 148.8 weight class.

Soooooo start tracking diet again and follow my meal plan instead of eating whatever I want :)

giphy.gif

3) Self care: schedule and go to counseling.

giphy.gif

4) Move and settle in

I move Monday into a new apartment that is a 2 bedroom (I get an office!) with a yard (for the dog!) 

So this goal is self explanatory. Move and get unpacked by the end of the challenge.

giphy.gif

5) Re-establish a new, moar better routine

My routine has been completely off the last month or two. Time to get it back. I'll figure out how to do this in the next few days.

New routine must include:

-self care

-food prep

-at least biweekly social time

-NF December Yoga Challenge

-work hours

-gym time

Aaaaaaaand at the end of the challenge I want to be able to do this:

• Like 12
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Awww, Thanksgiving flashbacks :)

48 minutes ago, spezzy said:

Goals will be the same as they were for this meet:

This would give me a 955 / 435 total , a 443.96 Wilks, and sets me up towards my 1,000 total in late 2017. 

Numbers pretty <3

Good luck with the move.  I've done too many to count, you have all my sympathy!

Level 5 Warrior

Current Challenge | Battle Log | Instagram | Symmetric Strength

"Life's like Sanskrit read to a pony" - Lou Reed

This is gonna be you by the end of this challenge

tumblr_m2y1q1Gt4s1r3wq4i.gif

• Like 2

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

3 hours ago, spezzy said:

One of my goals in life is to get the raw numbers on at least one of my lifts higher than yours :) 

Following again.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

23 hours ago, spezzy said:

giphy.gif

YUSSS watching quietly as per :) Good luck with the move! I know how exhausting that can be. Hope it's a positive fresh start!

5 hours ago, RedStone said:

YUSSS watching quietly as per :) Good luck with the move! I know how exhausting that can be. Hope it's a positive fresh start!

thank you!  thankfully the move will be over quick and i can start focusing on the rest!

7 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Following to watch you OWN this.  

i was looking for a different gif as a reply but found this and it's too good to not use:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
23 hours ago, StarGazer said:

Here for the Groove

giphy.gif

On 12/2/2016 at 3:39 PM, Urgan said:

Heck yeah Emperor's New Groove. 

giphy.gif

On 12/2/2016 at 2:22 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

One of my goals in life is to get the raw numbers on at least one of my lifts higher than yours :) 

Following again.

hahaha you'll get there! though i'm going to keep trying to get stronger to prevent it ;)

On 12/2/2016 at 1:57 PM, miss_marissa said:

This is gonna be you by the end of this challenge

tumblr_m2y1q1Gt4s1r3wq4i.gif

YES IT WILL :D

On 12/2/2016 at 0:08 PM, maigrey said:

<3

<3!!!

• Like 3
On 12/2/2016 at 0:00 PM, navis said:

Awww, Thanksgiving flashbacks :)

Numbers pretty <3

Good luck with the move.  I've done too many to count, you have all my sympathy!

I wish I had realized y'all were watching it earlier! So good!

And thank you!!! I signed a 14 month lease... and instead of being my normal fear of commitment spezzy (i moved every 6 months for a few years there) I'm thrilled. I'm going to get real furniture and bought a bed that cost more than $200.  So excited.

On 12/2/2016 at 11:35 AM, SevenFootGeek said:

I FOUND A SPEZZY.

MISS YOOOOOOOUUUUU.

giphy.gif

On 12/2/2016 at 11:27 AM, Laghail said:

First and following!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

So I'm not officially starting till Monday, but:

1) I've started packing and making good progress. Picking up keys in about 30 mins after I finish eating and posting this.

2) I'm on my new antibiotics and feeling significantly better. I woke up today feeling well for the first time in a good 3 weeks. So that's amazing.

3) Gym yesterday and today:

Yesterday:

Squat - beltless knee sleeveless 8's at:

95, 135, 155, 175, 185

Tempo squats - (5 down, 3 bottom, 1 up)

5 singles at 185

Today:

Bench

150 3x8

Then dumbbell shoulder press, lat raises, hammer curls, hugging machine, pullups.

Everything super light for the next week until I'm off these antibiotics.

4) Started putting together my program for the new meet. Ben agreed to look it over and give me advice :) Also the guy who coached me at Nationals last year and his team are going to be competing too, so that will be fun!

5) Back to doing yoga every day even if it's not in "routine" yet. wooo

That's it for now!

• Like 6
1 hour ago, spezzy said:

i was looking for a different gif as a reply but found this and it's too good to not use:

giphy.gif

Fun story:

my town does a "make your own raft and then race it" each year.  My brother in law makes it his goal to win the "raft that made a spectacle of itself" (or something like that) award.  Several years ago, he succeeded wildly with his "Raftlemania" raft.  My husband ( @gunslinger_25 ) is wrestling my b-i-l (Hulk H).  Needless to say, they won the spectacle award, but were not even close to crossing the finish line first!

Image result for chestertown tea party raft race wrestling

• Like 5

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

Unrelated to challenge, but last week I got the call from the DR that said I should drop out of the meet mid last heavy deadlift day. I was supposed to do 3 singles at 415, and after 2 singles I decided to say eff it and threw 440 on the bar (because YOLO and I was frustrated). I didn't get it, but it did move, and was... closeish. I'm extremely happy with it and how far it got considering everything + no deload. BUT, Ben just posted this and it is fun :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
18 hours ago, spezzy said:

Unrelated to challenge, but last week I got the call from the DR that said I should drop out of the meet mid last heavy deadlift day. I was supposed to do 3 singles at 415, and after 2 singles I decided to say eff it and threw 440 on the bar (because YOLO and I was frustrated). I didn't get it, but it did move, and was... closeish. I'm extremely happy with it and how far it got considering everything + no deload. BUT, Ben just posted this and it is fun :)

I saw this last night and thought it was so fun :) PS I think you won.

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

18 hours ago, spezzy said:

I realized a little while ago I'd been following Ben on Instagram for months without knowing who he was...  Saw he posted this, thought it was hilarious!

His setup is wild and the weight is impressive as always, but you win because 1) raw 2) antibiotics 3) got closer 4) total bias.

You rank equal on deadlift faces.

• Like 4

Level 5 Warrior

Current Challenge | Battle Log | Instagram | Symmetric Strength

"Life's like Sanskrit read to a pony" - Lou Reed