• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hi there my lovely NF artists,

We don't have a LOFT anymore and I was suddenly reminded that it was already December. Last challenge we did really well. And with counting the sketches from my sketch book, we reached our goal of 30 images in November. If you are like me, this challenge could be for you: I'm just not consistent enough to draw something every day and also a little too busy. But I would like to do a little challenge with you, that would make me be more artsy then last month. So here is my proposal:

Let's try to post 31 pieces of art, that were finished this December.

I don't mind, what materials you want to use. In the spirit of the Loft it can be crafts, drawings, paintings, sculpting, traditional and digital art - And of course anything artsy I couldn't think of at the moment. Just have some fun and challenge yourself to do a little more art then last month. If you haven't done any art for months, but want to get back into the creative prozess, you're right here. I won't count my own small sketches this time, to challenge myself a little more. This month I want to make a lot of christmas cards and send them to my family. If you make some more cards, than you ant to send to family and friends, you can always participate in the deviant Art project: http://madizzlee.deviantart.com/journal/Holiday-Card-Project-2016-637337994

I'm going to mark this post for the guys and gals, who have been hanging around the Loft:

@erosan@BlackTezca@Starpuck@UnquietBones@MrsFeanor@Neeko@Kelliestrasza@StarRuby@Pyrorazor, @StarRuby, @Rosie's Riveter, @RedStone

edit: If anyone doesn't want to be marked every month, I'll take you from the list.

If you know anybody else, who could be intrested, just give them a call. Looking forward to seeing some lovely art.:)

And there will be some artsy topics to chat about again this month. I'm trying to find some new stuff this time.

• Like 4

Thanks for the tag! I am just getting of NaNoWriMo, so this is a good way to get my Art Muses ramped back up. :)  (That and I haven't posted on NF in forever and a day and I need to get back in the habit, darnitall.)

I have a lot of old pieces that I never got around to finishing as well as some new things I mean to do for christmas presents. I don't think I've ever managed 31 pieces in a month, but it sounds like a fun thing to try.

• Like 1

Thanks for this!    I'm not sure I can keep up with 31 arts in December because my usual goal only requires me three times a week!    But for the accountability, I'd love to hang out here and tell myself I have to post those three days worth of work somewhere. ;)  I've been getting less posty on my own thread with them, which might lead to less do-ey, and that's not good!

I'm on board!

• Like 2

Uh, I have to make a selfportrait every day for school, so that will already be 31 images if I post them every time :P

Here is number one

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Did you use an eraser for the light parts? I should use charcoal again, too. It's so pretty.

nope, i only used charcoal and my fingers :P

• Like 1

OKAY! I went to the thing and did the drawings! This session was especially funny because the lights on were so yellow that I couldn't tell what colors I was using. I had a vague sense cause colored pencils and colors printed on them, but it was tough. So that's 10 for me! (BTW - sketchbook night is at a noodle house. I like to draw a lot of still lives so that's mostly what you're seeing LOL

Favorites on top! The last three or so I feel whatever about. Could have stopped earlier.

KklhfPdl.jpg

l2ISaWml.jpg

APgYnhcl.jpg

Cfw4jBql.jpg

uzHabIYl.jpg

f5tYsCCl.jpg

VXw2V1Cl.jpg

RggmTEWl.jpg

B2KsIT4l.jpg

EmAy58Al.jpg

• Like 4

Very cool art you guys :D

I will hop on this as well if that is okay.

The only thing that I drew this month is a little sketch that I did last night.

15337428_10202559955236567_1801458101241920956_n.jpg?oh=41f5d27918caac97ce33c29e00971482&oe=58B9E9A9

• Like 4

I thought I was going to fail this challenge for sure... then I went a tad overboard on the Christmas presents... 13 done and counting! :lol:

I sculpted all 21 of these little guys (Fat Animals) in super sculpey, made molds, and then resin cast them with embedded magnets. Now I just have to get them painted. (Yikes!)

From left to right, top to bottom: Orcas, sitting cats, dogs, armadillos, corgis, hippos, buffalo, hedgehog, bunny, dolphin, dragon, Norwegian Forest Cat, pony, Minpin (Miniature Pinscher), alligator, sleeping cat, giraffe, song bird, kittenloaf, sleeping fox, hawk, fox.

Christmas-Magnets.jpg

• Like 3

I guess with this you got the 31. nice. There was a lot of nice art.

If our fridge was magnetic, I would definitely use one of these. I love the hedgehogs, UnquietBones.

Tash, your art is really cool. I like that you seem to do different things.

MiaulinTheCat, have you ever tried something else then pencil and crayon? I'm sure you could make these look even more brilliant with another material.

Sorry for not posting anything myself. I only made a few sketches this month, but I didn't really like them. I'll open a new thread in January and put you all on the list, if you aren't already on it.

• Like 2

hey
im new. huzzah!
i didnt do diddly squat towards the end of december, but i do have some school work i can put forward.
is it still december? YES! sweet. ok. disclaimer: the school is locked, and i only have crappy cell phone pictures of work that was getting rushed towards completion for final crit.

my belly vase.. well, its not my belly.. but it is my vase

small 20161211_180408.jpg

a sleeve garter i made for jewellery class. for gem setting class... cause i wanted to cheese gem setting as much as i possibly could. a friend is modeling it as a choker, because apparently chokers are coming back into style.. but this keeps my sleeves from catching fire as i work.
small 20161118_163825.jpg

and, i dont know if youd really count this as art, but i would, and thats all that matters. im most excited about this piece. ive been working to develop this patina for months and only started having successes towards the end of the term. damn its beautiful.. brings a tear to my eye.
small 20161027_184934.jpg

• Like 1

@Volki
thanks for the welcome! the patina.. man, i tried everything from melting plastics on the copper to praying to the gods. turns out its mostly an issue with salt. so i spent a considerable portion of last semester convincing my class that i am, in fact, unhinged.. as i seasoned and broiled copper sheets.
art school is weird

• Like 1