Okay then.  November was . . . rough.  There were some incredibly wonderful moments, but a lot of very difficult moments as well.  I let go of things for a while just to keep my head on straight.  I woke up this morning feeling ready to get back into a challenge, and am excited to see that one hast just begun!

I'm keeping this one pretty simple.  There are about a million things I want to do yet I know that picking a few essentials will be best.  Here's a really great thing that I've realized about myself:  I don't need to look at exercise as purely for weight loss, muscle building, getting in shape, etc.  I can look at it as a form of staying healthy, regardless of whether I see noticeable physical changes.   I recently turned 30.  I want to set up a healthy lifestyle, which means building habits before worrying about what change will come from them.  And as much as I look back and reflect on how many times I've started over with habits, I also know that the ones that work have stuck.  I just need to keep moving forward one step at a time. 

Stretching:

I plan to stretch for five minutes each day.  I fully believe one of the reasons I've had a difficult fall/winter is because I'm no longer doing a regular yoga practice.  I loved the studio that I found after the summer but it has become challenging (and expensive!) to get over to each class that I want to take.  The bottom line is that my body desperately needs to stretch regularly, and I'd love to build a habit that I can easily do each day without making it a big deal.

Bodyweight Exercise:

I plan to start with ONE MINUTE of bodyweight exercise each day.  I have a set of bodyweight FitDeck exercise cards -- I'll pick a random one each day and complete that exercise for 60 seconds.  I know this won't do a whole lot for me in the grand scheme of health, but I need to gently start building this habit.  

• Like 1

Moon Bee // Druid // Level 4

Challenges // DBL 1  2  3  4

5: Bee is Everything

Nice stuff!  LOVE the stretching goal!  Never underestimate the power of stretching. :frog: 

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Welp, I haven't made it to the starting line quite yet. I still feel like I'm coming out of the November fog and trying to catch up on life I pushed aside. 

But that's okay! This may just end up being another low-key challenge. 

Something I did do today is set up a really basic budget tracker through an app. Based on my income and monthly expenses combine with a monthly savings goal and a couple future savings goals, I can spend about $16/day on personal stuff. It may not be detailed enough for long-term use but I kind of like the general money pit that I can spend on whatever or save. I have tried super categorized budgets in the past and while my brain LOVES categorizing things, that had too many pieces to follow. 

So let's see! 

• Like 3

Moon Bee // Druid // Level 4

Challenges // DBL 1  2  3  4

5: Bee is Everything