Erza battles the Strawberry Seeds Monster! (part 3/4)

Erza Scarlet

A bit late starting this, but oh well:

Great news! The rest of the Fairy Tail dub is out :D (Though I’ve already started watching Parasyte so I’m going to have to wait – otherwise I’ll never leave my room :lol:). 

Spoiler

Anyway, I’m on part ¾ of my junk food reduction. I originally wanted to stop eating chocolate, but knowing me, I’d just switch it over for other junk food (and I was right). Therefore, I just have to stop eating jelly/gummy sweets (whatever you wanna call them) next challenge and then hopefully I should be good!

Week Zero was a bit of a mess. I don’t record it on here because I want to take a break from updating every so often (still love you NF don’t worry). But basically I dropped a 14kg dumbbell on my ankle (though only one side hit me, so technically 8kg :P) and thankfully my foot was still in operation afterwards. Phew! Also, I let myself have some junk food like I usually do so I don’t go insane. Except I think I had a little too much this week because I’m craving chocolate again. :/ I’m sure I’ll be fine once I get back onto this challenge again though (i.e. eating gummies to stifle my chocolate cravings, great idea, huh? :lol:).

Spoiler

Anywho, back to the story:

Erza managed to strike down the Fairy Cake Monster. Her body was covered in bruises, callouses covered her hands and she hadn’t eaten in ages. And by God killing all these Strawberry Cake relatives was breaking her heart. But she had to keep moving, for her friends, her guildmates…

Erza marched forwards, her sweaty footsteps and ragged breaths echoing around the tunnel. Then she heard a loud buzzing. Glancing round, she spotted a swarm in the distance. A swarm of Strawberry Seeds was flying towards her. Looks like the babies weren’t too happy with Erza killing their mum.

Erza grunted, narrowed her eyes and clenched her swords. She was ready.

Image result for fairy tail erza scarlet samurai

Quests!

Requip!: I'm ready for you! Let's do this.

fairy tail erza scarlet erza

- Gym 3x a week (upgraded to NFA level 6 :D)

- Reach Level 4+ in rock climbing (currently struggling on level 4) - this is why I'm starting to get callouses. :sorrow:

Strawberry Seeds strategies: I must learn the monster's weaknesses quickly before it attacks me!

Image result for fairy tail book erza

-          - Cold turkey crisps

-          - Protein 100g (trying again :’))

Endurance: I'm getting tired, but I must keep going.

200.gif#4

-        -   Wake up before or at noon (I have a bad habit of sleeping in past noon, which means I miss a lot of lectures).

• Like 2

About me

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4#5

Current: #6

Day 1 - 3: Started late, so won't count these. However, I did go to the gym today (Day 3: 6/12/16) so I might as well record it here:

Requip!

- Kettlebell Swing - 2x12 14kg. Was fairly easy, may move up a dumbbell next time.
- Barbell Deadlift - 4x5 70kg. Too much of a jump, bad form and couldn't fully lift after a few reps. I think I will stick to 65kg for now.
- Barbell Bench Press - 4x5 28kg. Doable, but will need to keep at it. 
- One Arm Dumbbell Row - 4x8 16kg. Fairly easy, may move up next time.
- Farmers Walk - 3 trips of 30+ seconds 16kg. Fairly easy again, but we'll see how next time goes.

Will officially start tomorrow. I know, kinda cheating, but oh well. :P:lol: 

About me

Day 4: 7/12/16

Status update: Nearly a fiver for salad in Uni! How ridiculous. -_- And they wonder why people eat so much junk food... *sigh*

Requip!

- Rest day 

SSS:

- No crisps (craving chocolate, though, damn me in week 0! :lol:). 

- 57g... halfway there I guess! 

Endurance:

- Woke up a 10am, but I have problems sleeping, so I only got about 5 hours. I couldn't stop yawning during lecture today because of it, which is a shame because I really liked the topic too! I had to take a nap afterwards. :P  

About me

Hey!  Congrats on doing AWESOME on your last challenges!  Requip.  Yes.  Good.  Start when you have time!  I often start a day or two late, especially if I've got an exam.  I'm glad your ankle is okay!  I know the feeling about needing to deal with junk food.  That's a frickin hard challenge.

WHOA that's a lot of lifting, you're kicking some butt!

I don't know the context of a fiver but that sounds like too much for a salad; healthy food is *way* too expensive.  I think it's one of the big reasons why obesity is such a problem--junk food is just plain cheaper for people.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Breathe deep.  Seek peace.  Bring a sword.  ---Kishi

Playlist for the Zombie Apocalypse

Thanks! Yes fortunately my ankle is OK, I'm so lucky my foot's in operation. Imagine if I had to be in crutches for a while? :nightmare: And if I people asked why, I'd have to say, "Erm, I... dropped a dumbbell on my ankle." :stupid: *facepalm*

I really want to sort out my junk food situation, so I'm hoping dragging it out throughout these challenges will help. We'll see though...

Haha thanks! :D I was so exhausted afterwards, but I'm glad I'm doing it.

A fiver is about $6 I think. Yeah junk food is really cheap, especially fast food in places like McDonald's. I will probably have to start making my own, but it's so much easier just to buy one when you have to rush in the mornings. Oh well...

• Like 2

About me

Junk food is hard, I'm on the strugglebus with added sugars.  It is really hard to not go out and buy chocolate to deal with stress, so I always commend you for that level of diet control.

I feel that morning rush thing, having to get to somewhere at a time is not conducive to healthy eating.  Making your own definitely takes a lot more time and planning, and you're doing a ton for your challenge.  I gave up/forgot and got a pastry the other day for breakfast.  It was chocolate.  I regret nothing.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Breathe deep.  Seek peace.  Bring a sword.  ---Kishi

Playlist for the Zombie Apocalypse

Day 5: 8/12/16

Requip!

-  One Arm Overhead Dumbbell Squat - 3x5 per side. 4kg. Didn't realise I would have to reduce the weight so much! :o 
- Box Jump 4x5 
- Assisted Dip 4x5... Kinda easy, am I doing it wrong? Then again I am tip-toeing, I still can't get my feet off the floor. But I supposed that's what assisted is. :P But it seems a huge jump from assisted to not having your feet on the floor, hmm...
- Chin Up 2x4... Still can't do these, which is annoying because I used to be able too (when I was lighter :P). Ended up doing Assisted chin ups. 54kg 
- Wall Slide 2x10... Omg this was so hard! I could barely raise my arms at all. It looks so easy until you do it! :o   

SSS:

- No crisps. Wasn't really craving chocolate today, yes! 

- 105g! :D I'm going to dowload an app so I can keep track of my protein better and know much more I need to have. 

Endurance:

- Woke up at noon. Phew! Just in time. :P 

About me

Day 6: 9/12/16

Requip!
-  Rest day 

SSS:
- No crisps. 
- 107g! Yes! Did it! :P 

Endurance:
- Woke up at noon and stayed awake for about ten minutes, then went back to sleep to 3pm. So... could I just count noon to 3pm as a nap? Yes you say? Great! You guys are the best. XD 

Seriously though, I had such a hard time trying to fall asleep last night, I think that's why I ended up having a 'nap' after I woke up. :P I don't know why it's so difficult for me to sleep, especially since I was so exhausted after the gym yesterday. Hmm.. .hopefully tonight will be better. :)

About me

Day 7: 10/12/16

Requip!:

- Barbell Front Squat - 4x5. Hadn't tried this before so just used the bar. It was tough but doable. 
- Barbell Push Press - 4x5. Hadn't done this in a very long time (so long I forgot how much I could lift :lol::redface-new:). I experimented and felt 27.5kg was alright.
- Barbell Row - 4x8. First time doing this too, so tried just the bar. But I had a big problem with it. I could lift it fine, but my left wrist wouldn't co-operate. It kept bending at an awkward angle everytime I brought the bar up to me. Even just practising it now without any bar and it's still doing the same thing. Maybe I just need more practice... 
- Seated External Rotation - 2x12. 4kg was too easy, but 6kg was too hard. Hmm...

SSS:

- No crisps :) 

- 113g of protein! Yes! 3 days in a row, already better than last challenge. :P Don't want to jinx it though. O:)  

Endurance:

- Woke up at noon, but depression kept me in bed to 2pm - my mind and body just did not want to deal with the day at all. I also had trouble sleeping again. *sigh* I'll see how tonight goes. :) 

About me

Day 8: 11/12/16

Requip!:

- Rest day

SSS:

- No crisps [emoji846]

- 107g of protein! Yes! Still keeping the streak up! [emoji4] Nearly didn't make it but then I ended up going over 100g, so even better. [emoji16]

Endurance:

- Woke up at noon and drifted in and out until 2pm. I also had trouble sleeping last night too. [emoji853] I think I have really bad insomnia. I've also found it really hot in bed the past few days, despite the fact it's the middle of winter. But my flatmate said it's hot in her room too, so at least I don't think I'm sick. [emoji4] (Well I actually do have a cold at the moment, but at least I know it's not a fever).

About me

Day 9: 12/12/16

Requip!:

- Went climbing, but found out my club's taking a break for Christmas, so I guess I won't be able to do this quest for this challenge now. :( Oh well. 

SSS:

- No crisps 

- 111g

Endurance:

- Woke at 8am for lecture but couldn't fall asleep for ages last night so only got 4 hours sleep. Will probably have to take a nap when I get home.

About me

Day 10: 13/12/2016

Requip!
- Kettlebell Swing - 2x12 16kg! :D 
- Barbell Deadlift - 4x5 65kg. But now it felt easy. :lol: My body can't make up it's mind. :P 
- Barbell Bench Press - 4x5 28kg. 
- One Arm Dumbbell Row - 4x8 18kg! Wow! I never thought I could lift a dumbbell so heavy! (Well, heavy for me :P).
- Farmers Walk - 3 trips of 30+ seconds 18kg! :o This amazed! 

Funny thing was that there were two sets of dummbells available for 18kg. One had sides and the other was skinny but taller. So I ended up choosing the latter because it tricked me into thinking it wasn't as heavy. :lol: 

SSS:

- No crisps

- 57g of protein. Not so great today, knew my streak couldn't last forever. :P 

Endurance:

- Woke up at noon. Lol I'm really taking this 'or at noon' thing seriously.

• Like 1

About me

Day 13: 16/12/2016

Requip!

- One Arm Overhead Dumbbell Squat - 3x5 per side. 6kg. Got more difficult the longer I did it, especially with my left arm. I think my left arm is very untrained because I tend to struggle whenever I use it to lift dumbbells. 
- Box Jump 4x5. Was pretty easy, might increase the height of the box next time... 
- Assisted Dip 4x5... I just realised you can use the chin up machine for assisted dips too. :stupid: This explains why I've been finding them so easy (i.e. haven't been doing them right *facepalm*). 
- Chin Up 2x4... Did Assisted chin ups. 54kg (tried 50kg, but too difficult).
- Wall Slide 2x10... God so difficult omg! (I managed to raise my arms a little further today, though, so that's good. :)). 

SSS:

- No crisps 

- 137g, :redface: 

Endurance: 

- Not really sure what to say about today... I did an all nighter finishing an essay for a deadline (I know, typical Uni student, right?), so I didn't go to sleep until morning time... 

But gahhh now I have to wait all through the Christmas holidays to get my results back. I guess the best thing to do is to not think about it. But yay, on holiday now, whoop! :D 

• Like 1

About me

Day 14: 17/12/16 - fortnight done! [emoji846]

Requip!

- Rest day. Going to have to switch to bodyweight workouts tomorrow though since I'm visiting my family and so won't have the gym. A bit sad to change my workout halfway through the challenge, but eh, what can you do?

SSS:

- No crisps

- 88g of protein. Damn, was nearly there.

Endurance:

- Ermm slept past noon again :/

About me

Day 14: 17/12/16 - fortnight done! [emoji846]

Requip!

- Rest day. Going to have to switch to bodyweight workouts tomorrow though since I'm visiting my family and so won't have the gym. A bit sad to change my workout halfway through the challenge, but eh, what can you do?

SSS:

- No crisps

- 88g of protein. Damn, was nearly there.

Endurance:

- Ermm slept past noon again :/

• Like 1

About me

Day 15: 18/12/2016 

Requip!:

- I was travelling home today to see my family so I couldn't exercise. Excuses, I know. I'm not happy with myself.

SSS:

- No crisps 

- 121g! :D 

Endurance: 

- Well I had to get up at 3:15am to get to the airport, so I definitely woke up early today. :lol: (Another reason why I was too tired to exercise by the time I got home).  

About me

Day 16: 19/12/2016 

Oh my God, help. My parent's house is full of sweets and non-Paleo food. I don't know how I'm going to survive. :concern::unsure:  I made the dinner yesterday so I managed to cook us a Paleo meal. But I probably won't be cooking everyday (especially if I'm out and won't come back till late) and my parents think I'm starving myself whenever I say I'm on a diet. :/ Gahhh. And I also find myself unmotivated to exercise while I'm here too. Must be bad old habits. But at least I have NF this time to help keep me motivated (and to hold me accountable). Hopefully I can do this.

Update: OK, I managed to survive, but OH MY GOD there are so many nice treats in the house and my family keeps buying sweets when we're out. Gahh this is so hard. 

Requip!: I didn't really know where I was on the bodyweight workout, so I tried one of the NFA bodyweight workouts on where I thought I was.

-  Jump Rope Singles 3x30s
- Bodyweight Squat 3x10 
- Divebomber Pushup 3x5
- Ring Row 3x10 reps
- Hanging Leg Raise 2x10

SSS:

- No crisps

- 82g of protein (will update)

Endurance:

- Got up at 10am

• Like 1

About me

Day 17: 20/12/2016 

OK! So I've managed to make it so far. I have to avoid half my dinner because it's not Paleo and there are still so many sweets in the house! :sorrow: It's so hard oh my God. Luckily I'm still allowed to have gummy sweets in this challenge, so I can have those if the worst comes to it. I had a few croutons today that came with my salad, but that's the most non-Paleo thing I've had. They weren't even that nice, which made having them make me feel even worse. Also one of my siblings is teasing me for 'dieting'. I tried to explain it wasn't a diet, it's a lifestyle. But nope, I was ignored. Ugh. I love my family but they make this challenge so hard. 

Requip!: I looked over the workouts and noticed I can do some parts but not others. I may have to take exercises from each level tomorrow. 

- Rest 

SSS:

- No crisps - though my sibling had some and I was soo tempted to have some. But I managed not too. Phew!

- 96g of protein. :) 

Endurance:

- Woke up at 9am. :) (At least being home seems to be making me wake up earlier :lol:). 

• Like 1

About me