W.A.G.-Werewolf Accountabillibuddy Group

Welcome to W.A.G, the Wolf/Werewolf Accountabillibuddy Group!

council_of_fangs_by_kyoht-d3dipxt.jpg

With my own challenge this time being werewolf-themed, I noticed that I'm not the only one around here who loves wolves and werewolves. There's quite a few of you raging, full moon-loving beasties out there too! So, in order to keep all us lupine lovers on track with our individual challenges, I propose W.A.G., the Wolf/Werewolf Accountabillibuddy Group. Join if you want help and encouragement on your challenge. Or if you just love all-things wolf and werewolf!

Rules
1. Follow this thread and other members' threads by clicking the red 'follow this topic' button at the top right of your screen.
2. Post a short introduction about yourself, what your challenge is all about and why you love wolves and/or werewolves.

3. Link us to your challenge so we can follow you. I will then add your name and challenge link to our list below.

4. Feel free to discuss anything and everything wolf or werewolf-related!

(Favorite werewolf movie, your favorite literary werewolf, good werewolf music to workout to, etc.)

Members
1. elinox = Werewolf Workout

2. Volki = Answers the Call of Cthulhu
3. Wild Wolf = Street Level Hero
4. Laghail = Uses the C-Word

5. DireWolfCurse = Wolf Cub in Training
6. Phoenix91 = 50 Points to Slytherin

Werewolf Calendar 2013 - February by kyoht

• Like 3

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

I think this is the right place to be :) 

Werewolves are awesome-plain and simple. My wife thinks I'm a werewolf, lol. For real though. She said from the get go that I was and listed all the characteristics of one...therefore pinning me as the raging beast of the night ;) 

Favorite werewolf movie...? Probably Rise of the Lycans. Being that Michael Sheen isn't known for raw action, he got ripped and played the role of Lucian to a perfectness. I loved his werewolf. Classics like American Werewolf in London and I liked Paris too. 

Books? I haven't read many werewolf books but I am writing my own based off my wife's take on me being a werewolf. I actually did a challenge like a year in a half ago and ended up with 6 chapters. I'm actually back to working on them so let me know if youre interested and I can google link them here :) 

Wolves...Werewolves, it's ALL good!

chaosium_werewolf_by_stoudaa-d7r212o.jpg

Wolf

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Welcome Volki and Wild Wolf!

For me, I really loved Hugh Jackman's werewolf in Van Helsing. I tend to be a bit nitpicky with my werewolves though and am a firm believer that werewolves should always have tails. I do love the transformation scene in American Werewolf in London. And while Michael Sheen was awesome in the Underworld series, the movie's Lycans left a bit to be desired since their bulging neck muscles looked ridiculous. I thought they looked more like were-hyenas than wolves. And Lupin's werewolf in the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban pissed me off. Pathetic, naked were-molerat, ugh!

As for literary werewolves, I enjoy the Dresden Files where book 2, Fool Moon, had three different types of wolf shifters in it. And Wolf in The 10th Kingdom (both book and miniseries) is my favorite character of all time! He's goofy and really embodies the sometimes conflicting nature between beast and man. 

I'm a writer as well and my fiction tends to lean towards having hero lupine characters, mostly because wolves are almost always portrayed as the villains. Plus, my husband refers to me as a werewolf too. ;) 

• Like 2

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

*Clears throat*

I am Volki, I have been around NF for a lil while now.

I have always loved wolves and werewolves (and foxes :D)

I think Werewolves get the raw end of the deal with always being the bad guy and I am glad that you both are

writing to change this! I did like the ideas behind the Underworld werewolves being able to change on demand more or less.

I am with you on the werewolves needing to have a tail! I think they have been trying to squeeze werewolves into a vampire

box the last couple years. 

I haven't read too many werewolf book but I just started readin this werewolf comic called High Moon today which is a werewolf western.

The link is here:

http://www.highmooncomic.com/

I am not too sure what to think just yet but I will let you know.

I also just started listening to this

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Volki said:

I think they have been trying to squeeze werewolves into a vampire box the last couple years. 

And make series' with a love triangle between a 'normal' woman, a sexy vampire and a wild werewolf. *gag*

I have the book that video is for, although I haven't actually read it yet. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

19 minutes ago, elinox said:

And make series' with a love triangle between a 'normal' woman, a sexy vampire and a wild werewolf. *gag*

I have the book that video is for, although I haven't actually read it yet. 

Lol Twilight! ughhhh Kristen Stewarts face and poor acting made it even worse!

But as for the werewolf manual it is pretty interesting so far because it is written as a beginners guide to being

a werewolf from the science of why Lycanthropy is a thing and how to survive.

So when did the wolf\werewolf love start for you?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, elinox said:

For me, I really loved Hugh Jackman's werewolf in Van Helsing. I tend to be a bit nitpicky with my werewolves though and am a firm believer that werewolves should always have tails. I do love the transformation scene in American Werewolf in London. And while Michael Sheen was awesome in the Underworld series, the movie's Lycans left a bit to be desired since their bulging neck muscles looked ridiculous. I thought they looked more like were-hyenas than wolves. And Lupin's werewolf in the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban pissed me off. Pathetic, naked were-molerat, ugh!

Van Helsing Werewolf is my favorite as well. The actual look and transformation of "tearing off the fur" was brilliant! And tails are a must. I'm not huge on the Wolfman type looks cuz I like the lupine face more but the movie Wolfman was pretty good. I hear EXACTLY what you mean about the Underworld werewolves leaving much to be desired. They looked too animatronic at times too...

So yeah, hands down, Van Helsing werewolves had the best look, size..ALL of it :)

As for literary werewolves, I enjoy the Dresden Files where book 2, Fool Moon, had three different types of wolf shifters in it. And Wolf in The 10th Kingdom (both book and miniseries) is my favorite character of all time! He's goofy and really embodies the sometimes conflicting nature between beast and man. 

I have book 2 of the Dresden files so I'll have to go read that one :) And a character named Wolf? 10th Kingdom? He sounds like a great character!

I'm a writer as well and my fiction tends to lean towards having hero lupine characters, mostly because wolves are almost always portrayed as the villains. Plus, my husband refers to me as a werewolf too.

This! ^^ I would like to read your writing if you have anything, Elinox? I'm somewhat stuck on my novel at the moment but most of that is just getting back in gear and just simply writing the story. 

2 hours ago, Volki said:

I think Werewolves get the raw end of the deal with always being the bad guy and I am glad that you both are

writing to change this! I did like the ideas behind the Underworld werewolves being able to change on demand more or less.

Heck yeah dude! We must change the face of the werewolves and shine new light on them. I love the ability to change on demand and I borrowed that idea from Underworld. I also added in my story that the full moon forces all werewolves to turn but outside of the full moon, they can turn at will.

2 hours ago, Volki said:

I think they have been trying to squeeze werewolves into a vampire

box the last couple years. 

Ugh...annoyance at its finest. I love when people ask if I would rather be a werewolf or a vamp and they always are shocked when I say werewolf before they can finish asking the question. It's because it's not a real question lol :P 

1 hour ago, Volki said:

But as for the werewolf manual it is pretty interesting so far because it is written as a beginners guide to being

a werewolf from the science of why Lycanthropy is a thing and how to survive.

HAHA! I own this book. #NotAshamed

I need this jolt of creativity right now! It's gonna help get me motivated to keep writing my werewolf novel, so thank you to the both of you! I'm gonna check out that comic as well. Marvel has an older comic called Werewolf by Night. You might be able to find some of that online. I think he might be featured in the new Moon Knight graphic novel I'm getting :)

11278-2584-12500-1-werewolf-by-night.jpg

1955197-werewolf_by_night_9.jpg

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

12 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

And a character named Wolf? 10th Kingdom? He sounds like a great character!

This! ^^ I would like to read your writing if you have anything, Elinox? I'm somewhat stuck on my novel at the moment but most of that is just getting back in gear and just simply writing the story. 

Heck yeah dude! We must change the face of the werewolves and shine new light on them. I love the ability to change on demand and I borrowed that idea from Underworld. I also added in my story that the full moon forces all werewolves to turn but outside of the full moon, they can turn at will.

Ugh...annoyance at its finest. I love when people ask if I would rather be a werewolf or a vamp and they always are shocked when I say werewolf before they can finish asking the question. It's because it's not a real question lol  

The 10th Kingdom is about a girl and her father from modern day NYC who are magically transported to a land where classic Grimm's fairy tales are alive and well. They're just trying to get back home while trying to avoid being hunted by The Evil Queen from Snow White infamy. Wolf is their local guide, a half wolf, who's instantly in love with the girl. His mannerisms in controlling his animal nature are both hysterical, heart-warming and relate-able. But then, I'm biased since it is my all-time favorite book and miniseries!

I'm going through final edits now of my first novel, House of Red, which I wrote during last year's NaNoWriMo. It's a different approach to Little Red Riding Hood with other classic fairy tale characters thrown in. Of course the "big bad wolf" figures as a main character. :P

Why wouldn't werebeasts be able to change on demand? I mean, besides when they're brand new (in the case of made werecreatures), it'd be like humans not being able to control their need to eat. You can, with will by making the choice. That just always seemed strange to me. Full moons aside as being a necessary release, being able to change at will seems pretty normal to any werecreatures in my opinion. 

I've gotten the same responses WW! Werewolf vs vampire...not a choice really. People always assume vampires to be the sexy, deadly night terrors...but it's a furry, slavering beasty I'd much rather be! Power, speed, fur, a tail...it's the full package!

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

6 hours ago, elinox said:

Welcome Volki and Wild Wolf!

I'm a writer as well and my fiction tends to lean towards having hero lupine characters, mostly because wolves are almost always portrayed as the villains. Plus, my husband refers to me as a werewolf too. ;) 

I'm late to the werewolf party, but I'd love to join the pack!

I didn't know 10th Kingdom was a book! I'd watched the miniseries and they handled Wolf's nature (and the CGI) as a wolf that happened to be in human skin 100% of screen time. I don't mind that approach, they were trying to convey his other-ness as something that was more than just a body difference. A lot of lycanthropy in fiction these days comes across as just another superhero set of powers + yiff factor; but Wolf's Rain, 10th Kingdom and a couple others use lycanthropy to talk about themes of alienation, sublimated urges, belonging, and survival. Those are always my favorite stories.

Dresden Files did a good job trying to parse out the various threads of folklore and analogy that gets wrapped up in the wolfman story. He had humans with wolf rage spirits in them to talk about the "man is the real monster" version of the werewolf, the same tropes that writers use to portray outward normalcy and inward freedom from restrain. Almost werewolves as psychopaths. Then he has humans that turn into wolves through voluntary magic - capturing the werewolf myth as an metaphor for the re-wilding concept that you'll see the Rangers talking about; harmony with nature, accepting ugly parts of ourselves, and journeying through pain to find personal growth. Finally he has the more traditional lycanthropy-as-a-curse depiction with essentially an extra from underworld lose in his book. Here the classic werewolf is used to capture the helplessness of civilization against barbarism, to show how fragile and soft modern life makes us, and to give the concept of atrocity a metaphorical body in his story.

If it's not clear, I love the werewolf myths and stories for being both cool as hell, and giving a rich story language to talk about reeeally difficult concepts.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Laghail said:

I'm late to the werewolf party, but I'd love to join the pack!

I didn't know 10th Kingdom was a book! I'd watched the miniseries and they handled Wolf's nature (and the CGI) as a wolf that happened to be in human skin 100% of screen time. I don't mind that approach, they were trying to convey his other-ness as something that was more than just a body difference. A lot of lycanthropy in fiction these days comes across as just another superhero set of powers + yiff factor; but Wolf's Rain, 10th Kingdom and a couple others use lycanthropy to talk about themes of alienation, sublimated urges, belonging, and survival. Those are always my favorite stories.

Dresden Files did a good job trying to parse out the various threads of folklore and analogy that gets wrapped up in the wolfman story. He had humans with wolf rage spirits in them to talk about the "man is the real monster" version of the werewolf, the same tropes that writers use to portray outward normalcy and inward freedom from restrain. Almost werewolves as psychopaths. Then he has humans that turn into wolves through voluntary magic - capturing the werewolf myth as an metaphor for the re-wilding concept that you'll see the Rangers talking about; harmony with nature, accepting ugly parts of ourselves, and journeying through pain to find personal growth. Finally he has the more traditional lycanthropy-as-a-curse depiction with essentially an extra from underworld lose in his book. Here the classic werewolf is used to capture the helplessness of civilization against barbarism, to show how fragile and soft modern life makes us, and to give the concept of atrocity a metaphorical body in his story.

If it's not clear, I love the werewolf myths and stories for being both cool as hell, and giving a rich story language to talk about reeeally difficult concepts.

I also really like the stories and metaphors  behind the idea of the "inner beast" and really putting a mirror up to society at large.

Welcome to the Wolfpack :D

Has anyone read Cabal by Clive Barker? It is supposed to be a very good short novella featuring a werewolf I am adding it to my

WW reading list.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Volki said:

I also really like the stories and metaphors  behind the idea of the "inner beast" and really putting a mirror up to society at large.

Welcome to the Wolfpack :D

Has anyone read Cabal by Clive Barker? It is supposed to be a very good short novella featuring a werewolf I am adding it to my

WW reading list.

Yeah, it's more a story about monsters generally, but they do this contrast between monstrously shaped non-humans, and humans that are monstrous on the inside. Par for the course Clive Barker, with his particular brand of cynical, gritty, and double helpings of body horror.

• Like 2

Well, my screenname is DireWolfCurse. I am a big fan of Alcide from True Blood. My last name is Ralph, which means wolf council. Werewolves in general are much more awesome than vampires, in my opinion. I guess it's in my blood ;) My Battle Log is called "howling at the moon," and that was before I knew there was a pack looking for new members on here. So, I'm in if you are.

• Like 2

DireWolfCurse

Don't think about it, just DO it.

My Challenge  Battle Log  My Epic Quest

Welcome to the pack, DWC!

I've never watched True Blood, mostly because whiny vampires are just not my thing. But it's good to hear there are werewolves on the show!

I actually enjoyed the first few seasons of the UK version of Being Human. And I just started watching the US version of the same name. It's about a vampire, ghost and werewolf living together and trying to get along in 'normal' human society. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

So I'm totally late to the party, sorry about that!  

My challenge is actually a HP based one but I totally agree that lupin's werewolf was awful, in the books they actually have the question asking the differences between an animagus and a werewolf, I took this to mean that HP world werewolves would be very similar to actual wolves.  Apparently not how the cinema people took it :(

Recently the best wolf transformation I've seen was in netflix's hemlock grove.  One of the main characters is a gypsy werewolf and in the first season he shows his 'vampire' friend (I know alright, they're not great, but his character isn't that bad) his turn to a wolf.  It's awesome and gross and his wolf form eats the skin he sheds off.  It's pretty good.  

I haven't read much werewolf fiction, I seem to remember a book I read when I was in uni that had a werewolf as a main character.  Can't remmeber the title but will look it up.  

Back in the day a friend wrote a werewolf story and asked me to draw something based on a scene... It's not great but it's something I can contribute.  I don't draw much anymore, only occasionally, but wolves are fun to draw.  

pUHNpqw.jpg

RvkdFjc.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome to the pack Phoenix91! And your drawings are awesome, you should draw more! :D 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

Image result for werewolf workout

Did any of you ever play the 90's RPG 'Werewolf, The Apocalypse'? I've always wanted to, but none of my friends are as into wolves as I am. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

17 hours ago, elinox said:

Did any of you ever play the 90's RPG 'Werewolf, The Apocalypse'? I've always wanted to, but none of my friends are as into wolves as I am. 

No I never played it but I looked it up and it looks fun. They even have books written in that universe.

Has anyone seen the WWs in Trick 'r treat? I kind of liked the way they did it. They were all women and the transformation was pretty interesting.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 2:40 PM, elinox said:

I played games in the storyteller system and World of Darkness universe, but never werewolf: the apocalypse. More the shame, it looked fun. Maybe a bit over developed, easy to be buried under all the rules and lose the uncomplicated fun of playing a furry monster that eats everything. But it looked like they had great ideas.