All Guilds Gonna Ranger: Chapter III of the Mega-Mashup Mini Challenge: A Guild at War

It's been a long two months, and the third month is going to get longer. After Our Guild Hall being destroyed, and chasing down those responsible, we have learned Loki has been behind everything so far. To make matters worse, Harrgath, the mysterious Ranger who has led us this far, is missing. Tracks from his tent indicate he was assaulted while asleep and taken off in the direction we'd already been traveling. The Chaplain stood in front of the assembled mass and spoke,

"There is no way anyone other than Loki himself could have snuck up on Harragath, the Trickster Himself must have led the raid. This has gone on too long. We end this now. Gather yourselves and prepare to move out in two hours. I know I am not Harrgath, my style is different, my abilities are different, but I ask you know to follow me as we seek justice for what has been done, the safety of Master Harrgath, and most importantly, an end to Loki's evil. We have been bloodied, but we have not given up. We have been struck in our very heart, and we have not quit. I ask you know, let us take this to the end and finish it once and for all, ridding the land of the fear of Loki's tyranny. 
'I warn you, it will not be easy. We will face challenges not just of the body but of the mind. The Trickster will use every weapon in his arsenal, so if you commit again to this cause to see it to the end, know you will be tested in ways you cannot imagine. This will be like nothing we have ever done before. I tell you this. Every single one of you already has the inner strength to see this to the end. Loki will tell you you are not good enough, are not strong enough, or are too weak to finish. He will distract you by getting in your head and telling you the lies you have told yourself for far too long. 

'There is hope. Not only do you have the strength within you to resist, you do not stand alone. Loki cannot deceive us all at once, so there will always be a Ranger to help you when you stumble. Join us and we will storm Loki's stronghold, cut through his deceptions, Rescue Master Harrgath and send Loki back to Asgard to face justice for his crimes! Who is with me?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mini-Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Week 1: The trail of those who took Harrgath is easy to make out, Loki wants us to come follow him. We're going to repay him by springing the trap. It would be best to overtake Loki before he gets to his stronghold. Even if we can't do that, to get there as soon as possible might cut down on his time to prepare. We are starting from behind this week, just as Loki intended. Lets get as many miles in as we can this week to cut down Loki's lead. It doesn't matter how you got them, running, walking, rucking, hiking, on the treadmill, biking, whatever. Just get them in so we can cut down Loki's lead. Week 2's feat will be determined based on whether or not we meet our goal by 11:59 pm, your time, December 10th. We, however, are not without tricks of our own. Include any miles you've already done since Sunday, the 4th. Let's get 250 miles and get our Chief back!

Week 2: Enraged by the capture of their leader, instead of scattering as Loki had intended the Rangers came together and charged after Loki seeking to regain their chieftain. Some of the fastest actually caught sight of the raiding party, reporting that it seemed Loki had put Harrgath in something like the Odin-Sleep and was carrying him on a bier of some sort. It seemed Loki was preparing some sort of illusion to mire the guild on the road so they could easily be picked off by they horde. Spurred on by this news, the Guild charged faster. Loki saw them coming and swore, his plans for an easy victory averted. He fled home with the Rangers hot on his heels, and they almost overtook Loki as he reached his stronghold. Fearing that the Rangers would force entry into the compound, Loki brought the walls down over and around them. He didn't have time to do it properly, or he might have killed or injured most of the guild. As it is, the Rangers were briefly trapped so Loki could desperately throw together a plan B. 
      This weeks feat is strength. We need to dig ourselves out from the rubble of the walls. We're doing volume again this week. reps times weight lifted. If it's a barbell, a dumbell, cable rows, kettlebell, anything, it counts. If you make your own weight, it counts. Since we always have the discussion, if you do bodyweight exercises, multiply reps times 20. Enter your total volume next to your name on the main sheet, there is a calculator for you on the second sheet. Mini-Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet We need to total 250000 pounds by 11:59 pm Saturday to dig out.

Week 3: With many eyes rolling at Loki's unoriginal strategy the Rangers wasted no time in digging themselves out of the rubble of the wall. Working together as a team, the group began shoving stone out of the way, pushing an pulling the stones to get them off and away from the Guild. As they got half way, they noticed a cage with someone in it on the far side of the compound courtyard. As more rubble cleared they realized the cage was guarded by what appeared to be Loki's entire Demon Horde. The captive could not be identified at first, but was apparently not Harrgath. As they finished the last of the rubble, the captive's identity became clear. It was a tall man, with a white beard and hair, wearing red fur trimmed in white. Loki had apparently taken more leaders than just Harrgath. The Chaplain stood on the pile of rubble. "It was truly a desperate ploy on Loki's part to pull the wall down on us, for he has given us a path into his compound. Father Christmas needs our aid, and the path to Harrgath seems to lead past Father Christmas as well. Before us stands the Demon Horde, now is the time for Justice for our Hall and our fallen comrades! Follow me, let us destroy the Horde and free Father Christmas, and then make Loki Pay! Charge!" The chaplain raised his sword, which seemed to glimmer with an inner light, and ran full tilt at the enemy, bellowing a war cry as he went.

Who will follow?

This week's feat is combat. In order to defeat The Horde and free Santa we need to log 7000 combat reps across the guild. This can be punches, kicks, sword strikes, or other combat drills. If you practice a martial art, count whatever your art considers a rep. Log your reps on the spreadsheet. Start counting at 12:01 am Sunday morning, and finish by 12 noon on Saturday the 24th. Santa needs time to get ready for his sleigh ride, after all. The Warriors are helping to Load the Sleigh, if you want to help with that in addition to our combat head over to their mini-challenge thread.

Week 4: The Rangers fought as hard as they could, valiantly they strove with demon horde, and yet they seemed to move to slow to help the man in Red fur. As time grew near they thought for sure they had failed, when from the midst of the Rangers an unseen hero flung a demon at the cage, bending the bars ever so slightly. The man in red stirred, with a glint in his eye he started to laugh. Loki looked out from his tower within the stronghold, beginning to prepare some further magic. However, the man in Red simply laughed harder, touched his finger to his nose and *poof* he disappeared. Loki's screams of Rage echoed through the land. He flung his arms over the battle and everything seemed to freeze. Though he spoke to the entire Ranger Corps, each seemed to hear his voice directed specifically at them. "You have failed. You were always a failure. Your efforts are in vain, as they always have been. Do you really think your feeble attempts to get healthy will ever actually work? It's over. you will never win and you will never see your beloved leader again." As he began to laugh, the Rangers began to sag, and knees started to buckle. The Horde began to attack, and wounds began to form. However, bells in the distance began to ring, first faint, and then stronger. From the North a Red light appeared, then began to get stronger. A deep, strong happy laugh began to overpower Loki's high, wicked and cruel laugh. From a sleigh Father Christmas shouted, "Rangers, thank you so much for freeing me. Many will be happy tonight thanks to your kindness to me. I cannot free you from Loki's spell, but I can tell you how to break it. Simply don't give up, and his power over you will be broken."

We didn't defeat the horde completely, but all is not lost. Santa has been freed. Our task this week is two-fold, finish the combat feat till we hit 7000 reps to defeat the horde, and, more importantly. NOT TO GIVE UP. If you do anything, even one little thing, towards meeting your goals for week 4, Loki's spell will be broken. Continue to log combat reps on week 3's column, and when you do something towards your goals this week, go to the spreadsheet and in the column asking "Did you give up?" Write NO! in all caps with that exclamation point. We can do this, just don't quit!

Epilogue: With encouragement from the man in red, the Rangers shook off Loki's malaise and got back to the fight. The remaining demons had begun to rally, but as each Ranger stubbornly refused to give up, the tides of battle turned. The demons began to fall, then to run, but they did not escape. Loki began to seethe as yet again the Rangers thwarted his plan. He seemed to prepare some further mischief, but as more and more Rangers broke free of his spell his power seemed to wane. By the time the last stood to fight, he found himself surrounded, and alone. It was then the Rangers noticed someone they had not seen for some time. As Loki grew weaker, so too had his hold over Harrgath. As Loki attempted to flee Harrgath stood to his full height and said, "Not Today."   Looking at the sky he bellowed "Heimdal, Now!" and a shaft of light came down from the heaveans, and with a resigned "oh no" Loki was gone. "The Allfather can deal with him, like he should have before this." Looking around, Harrgath cracked one corner of his mouth up about a millimeter. "Thanks for not giving up on me Rangers. Lets go home."

• Like 14

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Week 2's feat will be determined based on whether or not we meet our goal by 11:59 pm, your time, December 10th. We, however, are not without tricks of our own. Include any miles you've already done since Sunday, the 4th. Let's get 250 miles and get our Chief back!

250 miles in 3 days. Yeah, we can do it!

• Like 6

Current Challenge

2016 Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Previous challenges:  New Year Challenge , Muir Does Stuff, :apple:    

32 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It doesn't matter how you got them, running, walking, rucking, hiking, on the treadmill, biking, whatever. Just get them in so we can cut down Loki's lead.

pffft easy :P

I do a  ton of walking and an increasing amount of running. Not 250 miles worth, of course, but if a few of us join in we should hit this target no problem. 

Sunday: 6.22 miles

Monday: 10.02 miles

Tuesday: 8.36 miles

Wednesday: (so far) 5.01 miles

29.61 miles so far this week.

• Like 4

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

47 minutes ago, Muir said:

250 miles in 3 days. Yeah, we can do it!

5 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

pffft easy :P

I do a  ton of walking and an increasing amount of running. Not 250 miles worth, of course, but if a few of us join in we should hit this target no problem. 

Sunday: 6.22 miles

Monday: 10.02 miles

Tuesday: 8.36 miles

Wednesday: (so far) 5.01 miles

29.61 miles so far this week.

Don't forget to log the miles in the spreadsheet. Link is in original post.

• Like 5

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Don't forget to log the miles in the spreadsheet. Link is in original post.

I didn't forget :D done

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

I'l add in my miles from earlier this week. Time to head out into the cold and find Harrgath. 

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Woop new mini! Its roughly a mile walking on my way to college and another mile back. I should do an extra five on Saturday! Let's go face the Trickster! 

• Like 3

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Oh no, they got Rurik! #MomoaMonday is in danger. 

• Like 6

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Loki is going down!!! 

*Takes off running and trips over her own bow 10 feet later* 

• Like 5

Calanthia Cobbin: Level 3 Hobbit Ranger

Rogue of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End! 

STR: 2.13 | INT: 2.37 | DEX: 4.25 | STA: 11.23 | CON: 11.88 | WIS: 8.72 | CHA: 5.81  

My Epic Quest | Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7thFitbit

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~JRR Tolkien

I'm in.  I hope.  I will do my best, considering my current limitations.

Rinna came to, shaking the fog from her mind.  What had happened?  How did she get here?  She couldn't remember!  Why couldn't she remember?  Well, this is now, and she heard the hue & cry,  as Tanktimus rallied the troops.  She bundled in layers, ready to brave the Arctic Vortex in order to stop the evil Loki and help rescue the Mighty Harrgath.bette-1-695x535.jpg

S ~ 0.02

M ~ 8.78

T ~ 7.44

W ~ 7.97

24.2 miles thus far.

• Like 6

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Loki cannot deceive us all at once, so there will always be a Ranger to help you when you stumble.

They are wonderful words I want to believe they are right- but am not yet convinced. I have not been entirely let down but there has bee a lot to desire.

I want to request a buddy system as part of the mini challenge...

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Let's get 250 miles and get our Chief back!

I LOVE the Combined goal!!!!

I biked last challenge but now at 22 degrees i have not been- i am trying to decide what to do to get miles.

just checked the forecast to find the warmest day:

Snow accumulations: 18 to 36 inches through Saturday afternoon, with locally higher amounts possible. Timing: snow will develop Thursday afternoon and continue heavy at times ...   highest temp rest of the week is 41 F

i'm 'ma gona' cry

Lets see if i can pull it together to swim at the neighboring  city pool- $3.50 isn't to bad but not gonna work for regular activity. Planned for 7pm

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week #0Food logging: ☑☑☑ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #1Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐

Week #2Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #3Food logging: ☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐

Week #4Food logging: ☐☐☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Previous challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #4.5 #5

Level 3 Lycan Ranger

Workout audiobook: Patriot Games

Looking for accountability buddies: Strava My FitnessPal Moov Google Fit

6 hours ago, Jack Ryan- Rebel Recruit said:

They are wonderful words I want to believe they are right- but am not yet convinced. I have not been entirely let down but there has bee a lot to desire.

I want to request a buddy system as part of the mini challenge...

I LOVE the Combined goal!!!!

I biked last challenge but now at 22 degrees i have not been- i am trying to decide what to do to get miles.

just checked the forecast to find the warmest day:

Snow accumulations: 18 to 36 inches through Saturday afternoon, with locally higher amounts possible. Timing: snow will develop Thursday afternoon and continue heavy at times ...   highest temp rest of the week is 41 F

i'm 'ma gona' cry

Lets see if i can pull it together to swim at the neighboring  city pool- $3.50 isn't to bad but not gonna work for regular activity. Planned for 7pm

I feel you with the weather, the high was 32 yesterday... 0.0 

The Norwegians  have a saying, "there is no bad weather, only bad clothing" or there abouts. If you want, let's do a buddy system that you and i will each brave the cold for a minimum of a 15 minute walk outside from today till Saturday night? 

• Like 6
23 minutes ago, x Valkyrie x said:

"there is no bad weather, only bad clothing"

Apparently it's a norwegian saying ;) 

I have 2 more days of running this week, friday and sunday morning, this will probably add about 6 miles (all little bits help...)

Maybe we need to summon @bker1370, i know he makes a lot of miles!

• Like 6

... a little odd in the head ...

Perfect challenge for me this week...building up my stamina and that includes a lot of walking! :) 

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

22 hours ago, Mizbrek said:

I'll get to logging then! Only hope we can get Harrgath before he slays too many of them and steals ALL the glory.

LOL!

I've thought the same!

My contribution is 14.3 miles this week! I've a 6K race this saturday!

• Like 3

Level 5 Dwarf Ranger

STR 7.50 - DEX 5.75 - STA 7.75 - CON 9.50 - WIS 9.50 - CHA 3.50

1 hour ago, TheRealHoganMyer said:

Can I still help the chief out if I am going to post my first challenge in the Rebel section, but am part of the family of Rangers??

Of course you can, anyone can jump in on the mini.

• Like 6

Braved the elements, bundled up, and went on a search for our chief.

bundle-up.png?w=584

• Like 16

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien