From Excuses to Awesome - My Epic Quest

I'm a 29-year-old librarian and mother of two. When I was 18, I was diagnosed with hypthyroidism, after having put on something more like the Freshman 50 than the Freshman 15. For a long time I've been using the hypothyroidism and the weight I put on because of it as an excuse to be fat and sedentary. I've come a long way in accepting that my self-worth is not exclusively tied to my appearance, and that's a journey that I know needed to happen, but not at the expense of my health.

At my highest non-pregnancy weight I was about 275. When pregnant with my oldest daughter I reached 290, but once she was born, I quickly lost all the pregnancy weight, plus about 20 pounds, leaving me around 255. While pregnant with daughter #2, I reached around 280, but post-pregnancy and with an adjustment to my thyroid dosage and improvements to my diet, I'm down to around 235.

The weight loss is good, but I'm finding that a lot of the lack of fitness and flexibility I've been blaming on my weight is still there. I've accepted that I need to improve my life. I don't want to hit 40 and still be the same physically weak, unhealthy person I am now. When I turn 40, I want to be able to say that I'm in the best shape of my life.

My Epic Quest (warning, wall o' text dead ahead!)

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

I also like your tattoo, though I don't know what it is lol

It's my first tattoo, and still my favorite. Based on this piece, drawn by Fred Gallagher of MegaTokyo and colored by the amazing MereKat. I wanted a tattoo that would make me smile every time I saw it, and since the poster in my living room had been doing that for around 3 years, I figured it was a good choice.

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge