[Morag] in a dark hole in a hill somewhere in the north...

Morag

Time for a new thread to go up... I am late. Later than usual. With the thread, you know, and I even had this amazing theme idea... now I'm just gonna try to make it make sense to you, see what will come of that.

giphy.gif

It's that time of year, you know? The dark time, it's almost Winsol (you know this reference?), it is that crazy time of cookie baking, childrens birthdays (yes both my kids are born in December, what was I thinking?!) and wait for it to get cold outside. I'm located in the far north of Germany, that little nub between northsea and baltic... no not Denmark, just south of Denmark, actually we were Danish at some point in the past... anyway, unimportant, so we have the baltic right outside our doorstep (kinda) and that's a big body of water, fed mostly by rivers out of scandinavian mountains and Belarus, so imagine: cold, but huge body of water, now on the other side of this piece of land we have the north sea, fed by the golf stream going by, even bigger body of water. Now imagine what happens when temperatures change: yeah, not much, the bodies of water take the heat out of our summers, and the bite out of our winters, we get lot's of humidity year round though, and that can be a bit... English, if you know what I mean. But anyway if you are into that kinda thing Kiel is a nice place to live and I wouldn't change it for the world. and since the profecies of Shadowrun didn't come to pass so far, I'm pretty hopeful it'll stay a nice place until further notice.

caminfeuer.gif

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, the dark and cold season. Winsol not too far away now, the first-born's birthday looming (this WED) I can almost feel that break up ahead, that I have been waiting for. And for me that means rereading favourite stories. Binging on Anne Bishop, Kevin Hearne, Kelley Armstrong, Neil Gaiman (fict) and Phyllis Curott, Julia Cameron, Marian Green and Ute M Schiran (non-fict). Lot's of chores, cleaning and cooking/baking. Return to introspection: a desire to journal again. And shopping for and wrapping the last presents.

tumblr_m76spw9pPm1qdoy3ao1_500.gif

Challenge:

Log food 3x/week

Sleep 7 1/2+h each night, stay close to the 8h a night I've reach last challenge

be on the forums, either reading (and supporting) others' threads or updating my own 4x/week

start journaling again bullet journal

Find a way to recharge that doesn't include binging on Netflix or comfort food

Thank you for those reading on in my little corner, I am sorry for the wall text tendencies... maybe with journaling that will clear itself up too...

Katrin

Gratitude

washing machines - imagine doing the laundry at a river or in the Kiel Bay... shudder

music of (almost) all kinds

good stories read on a dark night in a home with central heating. (being read to or reading myself both count)

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

for convenience:

39 minutes ago, Katrin Josephina Morag said:

So, the first google run came through:

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/14764008847/nom-nom-chocolate-truffles

http://paleomagazine.com/paleo-chocolate-truffle-recipe/

http://lexiscleankitchen.com/2015/02/09/the-best-paleo-chocolate-truffles/

https://elanaspantry.com/dark-chocolate-truffles/

http://againstallgrain.com/2012/04/22/paleo-mandarin-chocolate-truffles/

Actual results will be coming in just before christmas, since I'm making them just before we're leaving, for maximum shelf life for the gifted.

(Nevermind my random barging in here... I do that sometimes)

• Like 1

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Challenge:

Log food 3x/week

Sleep 7 1/2+h each night, stay close to the 8h a night I've reach last challenge

be on the forums, either reading (and supporting) others' threads or updating my own 4x/week

start journaling again bullet journal

Find a way to recharge that doesn't include binging on Netflix or comfort food

So today I ate... more often. And dinner at least was a pleasure. My mum has gone to a furniture store with hubby and me and bought us the table that is closer to perfect than any before. So yesterday afternoon I spent building a table. Damn shame that carpenter thing never worked out. Anyway: new table is a beauty and BIG and tonight I filled the surface with all good stuffs and we had wraps for dinner. Everyone ate, with the three males I live with that's not always a given, everyone put their plates and stuff away afterwards, and the older helped wit what was left of cleaning and that was great.

I have started thinking of food differently: my body, as those of the people around me, are trained, no BRED, to grow and find fuel. Brain and body are expensive 'machinery'. Fuel, as our parents and grandparents can attest, can be scarce. So it's no wonder we love fried things, sweet things, doughy things. It's really no surprise at all... I started thinking about my food not in terms of callory dense or callory depleted but instead as nutrient depleted, or nutrient dense. So a salad a good, whole-meal-salad, including nuts and meat, is full of minerals, vitamins, essential oils protein, and some carbs.

tumblr_lro2rh23sC1qf1b01o1_500.gif

In an utterly unrelated note (or maybe not?) I made prezels today. Aldi has them as raw preformed dough in the freezer... and I noticed how I go after that coarse salt. Salt is really not good for me, dehydration (=eating salty) aggravates all my systems. And I realised the salt itself is not the lure. It's the way it breaks when I chew it up. Chips are like that, hence me being very thorough about not buying them, but my mother-in-law's cookies... the ones I made for the kid's birthday? Hagelzucker. Hail-pebble-sugar.

Our industry, in our kitchens, everything is cooked, shredded and whatever else. My primitive side is missing something! And it's neither sugar nor salt. It's things breaking under my teeth.

Anyway I promised myself to be online more, so I got myself tapatalk. And that really does help. A lot.

I promised logging. I will have to do a "desk day" tomorrow. I have meal planning and logging to do, plus... other.stuff.

Journaling. Not found a consistent old school notebook yet. I was thinking buy a dotted moleskine and start a journal, fill a library, whenever I stop, I'll shelf it, whenever I feel like journaling again, I pick it back up. I have a few half-finished or -only-just-started journals, but those are with a specific topic each. Insights in one. Notes on an unfinished story in another. Poems and morning pages in yet another. Recipe books for family heirloom dishes/cakes/cookies. Recipe book for incense and spells. Notebooks about ecology, environmental development, botany I, II and III. Solar system. Different shamanic and witchy journals, for different parts of the journey I've lived so far. Workout diary. Nutrition diary. Planting diary. Aspects. Not a single one designed to stay at my side for the whole journey, just be there. For all of it. I think... tying it all together... it may help me figure out a clear course forward easier and I think... yeah, you're right maybe I think too much.

Anyway. Food was good. Logging didn't happen. Because mfp always wants to know what I ate and how much and... It's hard. I think writing down WHAT I eat, instead of worrying about getting it ALL RIGHT, will be my next step. I ate a few potatoes today, 1/2 a pretzel and 2 small arabic flat breads (the wraps, remember?). As well as salad, red and yellow paprika, radishes, minced meat, raw onion, lots of eggs (egg/poatoe/bacon"muffins"), bacon, a bit of cheese, I think the banana I ate was yesterday, but I'm not entirely sure... 3/4 of a sandwich the kid didn't want afterall and orange juice. Ever since my birthday I've had little bits of lemonade here and there, I'll probably switch lemonade to juice for sweet craving again, once that scratches the itch I'll water it down until I'm good with mostly water again. Done it before, not sure what happened... might have been a treat at my birthday or something.

I'm rambling on and on. Journaling hasn't cured that yet.

33b4b78219c08f3d862ceb110fb8da6b.gif

Okay finishing touches: Gratitude

Sleeping children

Full fridge

And all xmas gifts planned and almost all things bought. (Coconut milk and/or coconut oil for the truffles missing, plus something to pack them into to make them look fancy)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Oh and I got a bullet journal-esk app on my phone now (for the interim) and a few recipe-suggestion-apps. I really liked the Pork And Brussel Sprouts With Red Grapes the other day.

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Brunch today: leftover-ins. Like muffins only with leftovers and eggs, no dough.

daf03e8c44adf233c111b4cafdf8b845.jpg

12 thingies contain

1.5 slices of cheese

44g raw diced onion

88g pan fried minced meat from the other day

40g yellow paprika

300g full eggs

1/2 teaspoon of salt

Mfp tells me that's 72 cal per.

(24g prot., 20g fat, 3g carbs)

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 7:51 AM, Katrin Josephina Morag said:

Brunch today: leftover-ins. Like muffins only with leftovers and eggs, no dough.

daf03e8c44adf233c111b4cafdf8b845.jpg

12 thingies contain

1.5 slices of cheese

44g raw diced onion

88g pan fried minced meat from the other day

40g yellow paprika

300g full eggs

1/2 teaspoon of salt

Mfp tells me that's 72 cal per.

(24g prot., 20g fat, 3g carbs)

---

I'm trying this recipe tonight.

• Like 1

tumblr_nakkbrRoWQ1rhedfao1_250.gif

Okay, so I have A LOT of opportunity today and this week to try finding ways to recharge and not use the old patterns of junk food and TV. With mixed success...

The little one has a feverish infection with lot's of coughing and such, wouldn't be so bad, but now it's moving to his ear (one for now) which we had tried to avoid, but can't really micromanage everything.

The larger kid is jealous, and not quite up to speed with his recent gastro thing knocking him on his backside. That wouldn't be so bad if he stopped asking me if he had a fever (STILL NO!) and would take care of himself... no that spicey food is probably not gonna do you so well atm... ok, if you think you must, be my guest.... no, kid, you're not sick. AND YOU ARE GOING TO SCHOOL....

I should bundle things up and let the hubby take his share of caring and parenting... but he's utterly wiped with the pre-xmas shopping and some of the nuttiest coworkers (they aren't really that bad, it's just when sh*t goes sideways it really does, you know?) ... and shift work.

Boyfriend is working crazy hours and not much around either... doesn't help that he's long distance and couldn't help anyway even if he were online....

Life. You know?

Cosmic-Turtle.jpg

I'm gonna play some Planet Centauri while I wait for the Monday rpg group to assemble and then we're gonna check out that smuggler-ring and maybe mess up some pirates or monsters or start a slaver rebellion or some such... or do some pirating of our own...

Dinner was lean. Tortelonni (pasta baggies) with spinach filling and nothing much else... plus fruit and I know that's kinda boring and bleh, but after the shopping day I had (frikkin non-helpful people!!!) it was the best I could do: warm up eat. 2/4 of my live in people are asleep atm... and it's not even 6pm.

IDC+WP+Contest+1st.jpg

Hope you forgive me the yummy food pictures @Laghail and @mr_willes, I really should get used to spoilering that stuff, but I just recently got tapatalk, and with it the option to upload things... so bear with me, while I learn?

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Well, it's Wednesday. I should be up and about. And cleaning and baking. I really should be. My mum's birthday (59) yesterday, she's coming over today, I'm baking _the_ chocolate cake. Did I mention that there is no flour in that one? And no ground nuts either...

Sinice it does contain chocolate and sugar it's obviously not low carb or paleo... but.

So I'm making one. Hopefully enough time to have it cool off enough for the whipped cream toping to stay where it's supposed to stay.

643250f40ee9ecea21d668a6ff516718.jpg

I've been thinking long and hard for the last 36 hours. I really wish I could have done it on paper... just to be able to reread conclusions now and again. But I think things are starting to clear up.

Dark time -> S.A.D. -> I'm not well -> I deload my workout schedule -> I don't get out at all much -> barely any workouts -> less endorphins -> I feel worse. Stressed. -> I think I need time off. -> I do even less. Or get sick outright. -> I feel worse still. -> where I am at now.

So yeah. Before my mudrun I:

- ran 2-3x a week

- went to training 2 times a week one of which includes 15min running

- went to dancing (hubby's shift permitting) 1-2 a week

- occasionally topped off with a Sunday morning at the pool with mum to chat and gently move.

Now?

I've run once since my mud run.

I've not been to Thursday class once.

I've been skipping Tuesday class about half the time.

Danced 2-3 times in total (almost 3 months).

No pool time at all since it re-opened.

Somethings gotta give.

fd4e315c804226a66df790ec5875d81f.jpg

I know I'm not gonna get instant results just by deciding to get back to my old-new ways. For one it's vacation now until the 9th of Jan. So first training is the 10th.

I will not involve myself in buying shoes for hubby or finding ways for him to come along if he wants to talk the talk and walk the walk, he can do that himself. He's an adult. One would assume he can decide that for himself. Sure I want him to. And it would be easier for me if he would come with. And healthier for him. But I can't wait for him. I gotta go get fit now. If I don't go, I might never go. And that's just not an option.

During the harvest season I was happy, golden fall light, lots and lots of exercise. Now it's dark, the only moving I get is my chores cooking and baking and cleaning and such... and my apartment is just not clean enough to call it a successful exchange of schedule. Today I bake a flourless cake, tomorrow I make [spoiler sound ringing] and then it's a day and a half till christmas.

As you suggested@Casbin, I'm gonna go for walks during the times I would like to go to classes or some such and make sure those times don't get wasted on vegging out. And maybe I'll even jog some. And I think I'll either add some yoga (I saw book resources for yoga instructors to be, I'd like to do that at some point...) or reboot my abs challenge, or join Muir in pushups/pullups efforts.

We'll see. I'm definitely gonna use the motivation to figure a few things out. Like moderation. I want to move again, hunt down some endorphins, but I don't want to burn out again.

I need a goal. And a plan: I think it's time to plan out the next challenge (or two) plus figure out the competition schedule for next year.

I'll keep you posted.

0e9c462e18e113ae83c55004af61a494.jpg

On other fronts it is Midwinter (in my hemisphere), Happy Darkest Night, people. Meaning: from now on (or tonight anyway) it might get colder, but the light is returning. Soon we will be able to tell.

8f4834455437b4de57e019e5bf4d80bb.jpg

Food is cleaner, if not good yet.

Sleep apart from this last night was great.

Destress has not really happened much yet, although I got out a couple of times this challenge and going out and not be stuck at home really did help with the perception and perspective and such.

Anyway,

Thanks for reading along.

Katrin

Gratitude

Good friends - local ones and throughout the world

A good home - loving, caring, sarcastic hubby, wonderful kids, their grandparents mostly alive and quite close by, boyfriend, his family, local friends, all of it.

Spirit - the thing that feeds our souls, unconditionally, surprisingly, inventively supporting us with accidents, unforeseen challenges and lucky serendipity and coinkidinks.

---

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

On 21-12-2016 at 8:53 AM, Katrin Josephina Morag said:

So yeah. Before my mudrun I:

- ran 2-3x a week

- went to training 2 times a week one of which includes 15min running

- went to dancing (hubby's shift permitting) 1-2 a week

- occasionally topped off with a Sunday morning at the pool with mum to chat and gently move.

Now?

I've run once since my mud run.

I've not been to Thursday class once.

I've been skipping Tuesday class about half the time.

Danced 2-3 times in total (almost 3 months).

No pool time at all since it re-opened.

Somethings gotta give.

On 21-12-2016 at 8:53 AM, Katrin Josephina Morag said:

I need a goal. And a plan:

I think you solved your own riddle. My endorphins kicked back in when i was mapping out my new lifting program. It's a 16 week program. So i started planning it out on the calender, i came up one week short of an OCR i'm running next year. Spiffy! My plan to get to my goal is made:

plan: the next 4 months i will be prepping for my OCR

goal: show all my european NF friends (cause it's a NF meetup) what i'm capable of during a pretty hefty OCR (Toughest Amsterdam)

If you are anything like me, having a solid goal and a vision of how to get there makes for:

- not wanting to make excuses

- going the extra mile (better safe than sorry)

- tip the scale towards "for the better" when a decision is needed

This is the thing that i keep stuck in my mind:

On one side, 4 months seems like a long time to be on your A-game

On the other side, there is a lot of work that needs to be done and it's not realistic to achieve this in a couple of weeks

Hopefully this will give you some inspiration to get you out of your spiral!

Now i just checked, cause i thought you were from germany, it's 550 km towards amsterdam, if you are free in the weekend of  april 15th, you could set the same goal (and make a plan accordingly) ;) check this out

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

5 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Hopefully this will give you some inspiration to get you out of your spiral!

Now i just checked, cause i thought you were from germany, it's 550 km towards amsterdam, if you are free in the weekend of  april 15th, you could set the same goal (and make a plan accordingly) ;) check this out

Way ahead of you, my friend:

On 18/12/2016 at 7:50 AM, Katrin Josephina Morag said:

This is a thing?@CASBIN have a look!

---

Maybe I'll figure it out and come along... not sure yet about the budget for that time...

And yeah, after having repeated conversations and taking way too long looking at the issues... I feel kinda silly not seeing it earlier. But hey better seeing it late than not at all. I gotta feed a small person some foodz.

bb soon

Katrin

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

I did an 8 minute yoga session (better short than not) and thrown out or archieved 500+ emails (<500 left yay), unsubscribed from a score of newsletters I haven't been reading anyway, and am currently trying to make the kids medication (finally arrived) behave the way it's supposed to (defuq?).

Love you folks!

(yay tomorrow is xmas (Germany celebrates xmas eve... not day)

Also if you want to burn some time, read this comic, it's exceptional: http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

ae1be37de99d8ae262e3d811d9069c14.jpg

Merry Christmas, my friends. It is indeed a good time. Tomorrow I will nerd-out with my kids, tonight I need sleep.

Thunderstorm and sleet underlined how lucky we are. Everyone healthy and happy (occasional cold aside). Caring family.

It's a time to appreciate. To be happy and grateful.

Also. I got two new toys to play with:

2c5b70ef519add016a57b1928ad45321.jpg

And

81cleR2-KWL._SL1500_.jpg

happy dance!

Tired now. Need to sleep.

Food wasn't as bad as expected, a bit too much chocolate, but that's what I get for making chocolate truffles for my loved ones...

No yoga, not a lot of moving at all.... But I took my vitamin d.

I have to re-read my goals and check where I am. Can't properly do that on tapatalk.

Food: no dick-head-ed-ness and log all.

Sleep 8h (730 at least)

Move/ exercise/ light/ water

Plan

Take care of everyone, especially myself. No binging on Netflix or numbing with food. Been good about that: two episodes... three at the most before I would do something else, not late into the night and not first thing in the morning.

I've been compulsively making lists and ticking them off... I'd like more diary time... journaling... time to let my mind wander... maybe I could get to bed even earlier... wind down earlier and then sit in the morning and write, lamp on, fueling my batteries and focusing my mind... hubby's shift work comes to mind. I would have to put things in order the night before, I know myself, if I don't I wouldn't do it at all... It's an idea.

I must say. I seriously love this forum. It's a good place.

More weird and jumping-around-introspection soon.

Merry Christmas, my friends.

Katrin

---

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Last week of the challenge. Last week of the year. Taking stock and thinking "this could have gone better"-kind of thoughts. Which is utter bullocks of course.

Yes, the s.a.d and my not-working-out-after-the-competition has kicked me in the bum, but the huge improvements I had this year are not undone by a few weeks of rut in Nov/Dec.

It's time to focus on the good things and celebrate the achievements and plan the road ahead according to those, instead of fretting about bad stuff. Part of my mind is screaming at me, so I gotta say this (to myself mostly): No, I'm not denying stuff going wrong or bad things with the potential to entirely unrail all my efforts. I just choose to decide my path by choosing where I want to go, and not what I want to avoid. Because honestly I can avoid the bad stuff and STILL not get where I want to go, If I go where I want to go the bad stuff automatically gets left behind mostly anyway.

So I am at 94,1kg bodyweight. That is a lot of weight for my 1,67m frame, so I am still aiming to reduce that.

The FlyLady website will definitely stay a huge part of my life, because it HELPS SO MUCH.

Overall I am looking into reducing the stuff I log digitally and increasing the analog logging. With my new journal coming here sometime this week I am changing to a food/exercise/rarara log that is included in my diary, I will fill you in on how that works at some point next challenge.

I am prepping monthly, weekly, daily lists for my fancy new control journal so in due time the chores (laminated or put in sheaths) will just need whiping off and I'm good to go for the next time period. I think sheaths for now is a solid idea, I'll look into it.

1363388260171172.jpg

The food logging I will have to look into because I am eager to eat cleaner. The food I currently eat, healthy and not so healthy, all gets logged for their calory value in mfp, or not (if it's a home cooked dish that is too complex or I am too tired to log all ingredients the tendency is to not log, if it is unhealthy it has a bar code and is easy to log. That is not what I want to reinforce) so I am thinking: log the food for the food itself. If I have time later I can look up calory values, but overall writing down WHAT I eat and aim to improve that, will in the long run improve my calory budget. Less stressing about numbers and more about the right choices. Will have to think on this. Maybe a tapatalk-picture proof or something, I'll think of something for next challenge.

New lacemaking kit is not used yet. But I got talked into (ok, I asked to be talked into) giving freelatics a try. Thanks, Casbin. And since this week is the second week of winter break and last week I did 8 min of yoga, all exercise tolled, I think now is as good a time as any to try that out. I'm thinking a 15min per day thing 3x per week to start out. I would like to eventually have a SHORT workout in the morning every day (shifting focus between muscle groups each day, obviously), that way it would become like breathing.... but I'm not sure how realistic or perfectionistic this is. 3x this week. And maybe I can go for walks too... just a brisk 20 min wak here and there... I'll log it.

I'm thinking about cancelling my dance studio membership. It's expensive (45€/mon) and I am not going often and I am just not sure. I love dancing. I really do. Especially working on choreographies, and dissecting a song, grinding until movements are in the muscle memory, until you know where you go from pattern to pattern, until it fits together. But I have been paying a lot of money, and sure s.a.d. and rut and all that, but I haven't been going much at all. I can't go to another sign language class because both the dance studio advanced class, as well as all the deaf center language classes are wednesday evening. So I am torn. I really am.

13548769.gif

I'm excited for running my first own fitness class come late January. I hope things work out all right with the finances, logistics and all that... Not alowing myself to stress about this overly much. yet.

I am thinking meditation either Tarot great arkana, or runes for a focus for next year to get a multi-challenge arch. I am still in a brainstorming mood concerning this, so... you'll see, and so will I.

Moving to my favourite chair, where the sun is pooling nicely.

Love you folks.

Speak soon.

Katrin

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Took up the challenge from @NeverThatBored, and did squats to this song. You go down on the squat when he sings Bring Sally down, and stay down until he sings, Bring Sally Up. It was really hard. By the end, it was more like half squats. And now my legs are killing me. Thanks NTB:angry:[emoji38]

Quoting for convenient reference.

---

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

I like your point about thinking about what you did right this year. I've been end of year reflecting, and thinking of all the things I wished I'd done and could have improved. I think I'll switch that around and first list all the things I did do.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I am done moving for today. I ... need to vacuum the appartment, but then I am done! Seriously! What was I thinking?!

I have done the freelatics "Mani" workout... the easier variant and only round 1, 2 and 5. (Plate situps (1kg) 25 20 15 10 5, and Plate cocoon (1kg) 25 20 15 10 5), then I was sorting and doing things and I thought... squat challenge, why ever not now, called the kid in to do it with me (hahahahaha), discussed briefly form of squat and what the goal was and then we were off... he lasted a minute. I finished, but at the end my heels were going up, I pushed myself up with my hands on my thighs and when the song was over I stayed on the mat... Good fun, will do again. Next time I'll nail the form.

Plans are running through my head and life... is good. Sure I feel shitty sometimes, but I'll be okay.

Annnnd I was browsing Amazon and saw this little thing https://www.amazon.de/CUPCAKES-KISSES-Schreibtischunterlage-abreißen-Papier/dp/B01HQ1MBNO/ref=sr_1_110?s=officeproduct&ie=UTF8&qid=1482855805&sr=1-110 and though to myself... "I can make one that's even prettier and it won't be so expensive to print it out...."

So I am doing that. :-P I will linkeylink when I got it the way I want it to be...

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

So today is Wednesday.

I skipped breakfast.

Wrote my morning pages in bed, lazy bum that I am.

Then I put on my workout clothes, slipped on my running shoes (the trail ones) and nearly wept with joy. They fit so well! So I put on my earbud collar, hooked the bluetooth up, turned on the zombies run 5k training (week 2.1) and went out.

I stayed to the smaller park right outside, not the one bigger, farther away one. And I didn't listen to Sabaton but a mix I inventively labelled "wake-up" when I was concocting it for my sleep app to wake me with random songs that cheer me up.

By the time I was out it was almost noon (damn sleeping problems) and the sun was shining into my face most of the time. It was wonderful.

52fecedd647f59e12dc5f7ecf17e4455.jpg

I don't believe in putting my face on the internet, so please note the hugeness of me doing it anyway in this case:

e1f61f5059e0d834de7ba3af62d09b3f.jpg

The older kid made pasta/ham casserole while I was out, and it was done after my shower and so delicious. Not paleo. Didn't even have one snippet of veggies in it. Actually he overdid it with the cheese, but it was yum and I didn't have to do a thing and I take it.

Still doing flylady missions, zone 5 this week, reading artist's way, week 1, again, and trying to find room to work with it...

My new journal hasn't arrived yet. But there's to hoping it will soon.

I'm thinking about the class I'm going to be running starting January.... I may need a bit of time to play around with the 2017 wall calendar...

I'm really, really glad I found my way here... It's not long until my 2 year anniversary with the rebellion... can you believe it?

Yeah me neither.

Lot's of hugs.

Katrin

PS @mr_willes the Easter OCR and NF meet I'm sadly pretty sure now that it won't be possible financially. I'm sorry. Not 2017, doesn't mean never though.

---

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50