Newbie Nerd Needing a Change...

So, yeah, I'm a newbie, and a nerd and yes I need a change. I've gotten through the 1st trimester of my life (I'm 33) relying on my busy schedule and youth keeping me in shape. But, now I'm at that point where I can no longer do the things that I used to, like bending down or getting on my knee without pain. The wake up call, was the day I got my Xbox Kinect. I got it as a Christmas present and thought I was going to really kick some butt in the virtual world. But, after one day, I was limping around in pain. I thought it would go away after a week or two, but as of now I still have the pain, in my Groin, no less. I was upset, but relieved, to figure out I had a hernia, and needed surgery. This definitely was the kick in the butt I needed to get started working out again. So far, the stories here are motivating, and the advise has been helpful. I would have never thought to reach out to a forum for my daily motivation and support, So at this point I am ready for the change... Thanks all!!!