I figure it's about time i stop lurking and start contributing.

I am a 27 year old husband and father of two. I have been working on correcting my weight since last January and have dropped 30 pounds (240 to 210) and i'd wager I cut my body fat by 15 points (36% to 21%). I've accomplished that by eating less and exercising.

When I started exercising I consulted with a personal trainer and looking back on it, he had me doing a lot of things that I've discovered are ridiculous in effective. I've since changed gears and in the last 4 or 5 months I've been focusing on lifting heavy things. In this I have found great joy and now I actively try to make time to get this the gym.

I've only recently began to really clean up my diet. I wouldn't say that going full paleo is my goal, but the concepts have definitely influenced my dietary choices (e.g. no grains, no sugars, nothing processed beyond recognition).

My nerd resume isn't quite as long as it was before kids, but I still consider myself a nerd.

That about wraps up my introduction to myself, so thank you all for having me.

Rubbing off on young nerdlings is the greatest! I definitely help encourage my nieces and nephews play the most awesome video games available (*cough* Zelda *cough*)... and discuss Pokemon with them. :D Also tossing in little science tidbits wherever I can make them relevant.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram