3 years finally paid off

I know that I've not been on here for a long time, however, my training hasn't wavered and I've still kept fighting the good fight...

My story starts 3 years ago, I began strength training at the gym, I was unable to perform a single pull up or chin up, I then put in the time every. single. session. to improve that.

I did inverted body-weight rows

I did band assisted pull ups and chin ups

I did single chin ups 

I never thought I'd progress beyond that, I'd never hit that magic 10.

Yesterday when I trained I decided to see how far I'd come:

10 strict chin-ups

rest for a minute

2 more

rest for a minute

2 more

I have no idea where it came from, but I suspect that every session, every little tweak, every practice, brought me a little closer to that goal.

So yeah, that why I put this in the woot room!

• Like 9

I'm not too bad thank you! :) 

I'm still waiting to find out if I need an operation to fuse my pelvis to my spine but I've got an appointment to see the surgeon in January so we shall find out soon. It's been a bit rough over the last two years but hopefully that will be the last op. Onwards and upwards! ;) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Why thank you Sir, I'm sure it will. ;) I hope (married) life is being good to you. I'm really impressed with your chin-ups, and the dedication it took to get you there. You must be feeling pretty proud of yourself. 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously