Yoga for Charity!

I just got to help lead a Yoga Mala practice (108 Sun Salutations) in Fredericksburg, VA.  We raised money for the Homeless Shelter, memorialized the homeless people that died in town this year, and celebrated the Solstice. 

From now till next summer every day will get longer!  Enjoy the holidays!

• Like 2

Easeful, Peaceful, Useful... "An easeful body, and a peaceful mind, allow you to become a useful person" -Swami Satchidananda

That concept is wonderful, Yoga for Charity.  In my area there is a lot of 5k's for charity and causes, but I would of never thought about something like that.

Is it the same thing as running in a 5k for a charity, you donate the money to be apart of a yoga teaching?

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

3 hours ago, Butternut said:

That concept is wonderful, Yoga for Charity.  In my area there is a lot of 5k's for charity and causes, but I would of never thought about something like that.

Is it the same thing as running in a 5k for a charity, you donate the money to be apart of a yoga teaching?

Yeah, same idea.  The teachers donate their time and experience (most pitched in some $$ too), and the students donate money to take part.

• Like 1

Easeful, Peaceful, Useful... "An easeful body, and a peaceful mind, allow you to become a useful person" -Swami Satchidananda

1 hour ago, Sahaja said:

Yeah, same idea.  The teachers donate their time and experience (most pitched in some $$ too), and the students donate money to take part.

Absolutely brilliant.

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve."